The Education Forum

George W Parrott and G. H. W. Bush

John Simkin

An email I received this morning:

I have seen that huge events are currently unfolding re LBJ and Time -life magazine which are included on Douglas Hornes blog, but i wonder if you have time at all to eludicate what i have been told from the US re the Parrott affair in that i was told George W Parrott was GHW Bushs Republican rival for a Senate seat in the primaries and it was for this purpose he sent from Houston "a telephonic message" seeking to incriminate his political rival in the JFK assassination.

I have seen that huge events are currently unfolding re LBJ and Time -life magazine which are included on Douglas Hornes blog, but i wonder if you have time at all to eludicate what i have been told from the US re the Parrott affair in that i was told George W Parrott was GHW Bushs Republican rival for a Senate seat in the primaries and it was for this purpose he sent from Houston "a telephonic message" seeking to incriminate his political rival in the JFK assassination.

There's a desperation in that act, too - one of those incriminating needs to cover one's backside and appear to be a good citizen. The firebug calling in the alarm.

Nobody's as hard or calculating as they wish to be, or need to be - that's why I give some credence to the revelation of LBJ crying in the AF One loo.

If Hoover's "George Bush of the CIA" memo is genuine, I suspect Hoover knew that GHWB's visit was playacting meant to exculpate Bush, Zapata, Agency, and so Hoover dictated his own Director's memo on the meeting to establish exculpability.

That GHWB - he protests too much, maybe more than LBJ.

As viewings go by - I'm almost swayed to accept that it is young GHWB seen slouching in that controversial pic taken in front of the TSBD on the afternoon of 11/22.

Edited by David Andrews

There's a desperation in that act, too - one of those incriminating needs to cover one's backside and appear to be a good citizen. The firebug calling in the alarm.

Nobody's as hard or calculating as they wish to be, or need to be - that's why I give some credence to the revelation of LBJ crying in the AF One loo.

If Hoover's "George Bush of the CIA" memo is genuine, I suspect Hoover knew that GHWB's visit was playacting meant to exculpate Bush, Zapata, Agency, and so Hoover dictated his own Director's memo on the meeting to establish exculpability.

That GHWB - he protests too much, maybe more than LBJ.

As viewings go by - I'm almost swayed to accept that it is young GHWB seen slouching in that controversial pic taken in front of the TSBD on the afternoon of 11/22.

Here's a probable George HW Bush in front of the TSBD.

Kathy C