The Education Forum

Inside the Assassination Records Review Board

John Simkin

Doug Horne worked on the staff of the Assassination Records Review Board (ARRB) in Washington, DC for the final 3 years of the Review Board's 4-year lifespan, from August 1995 through September 1998. He was hired as a Senior Analyst on the Military Records Team, and was later promoted to the position of Chief Analyst for Military Records (i.e., the Head of the Military Records Team).

Doug's book, Inside the Assassination Records Review Board will be published next month. He has agreed to discuss the book on the forum.

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/JFKhomeD.htm

• 1 month later...
Doug Horne worked on the staff of the Assassination Records Review Board (ARRB) in Washington, DC for the final 3 years of the Review Board's 4-year lifespan, from August 1995 through September 1998. He was hired as a Senior Analyst on the Military Records Team, and was later promoted to the position of Chief Analyst for Military Records (i.e., the Head of the Military Records Team).

Doug's book, Inside the Assassination Records Review Board will be published next month. He has agreed to discuss the book on the forum.

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/JFKhomeD.htm

Now that some of the forum members have IARRB and are reading it, I thought that Doug Horne might now answer some questions, though I understand he might be a little burnt out and maybe want to wait until things settle down a little more.

My first question is why weren't the Paines questioned?

I asked that same question to an ARRB lawyer at the AARC conference in 2004 and the response was they decided - who decided? to concentrate on the medical evidence and not bother with the rest. I don't think that answer is appropriate since the Paines were not questioned by the HSCA and Michael Paine had said in the meantime that he saw the backyard photo the first time he met Oswald, so there's a discrepency in the record there that should have been rectified.

And as you have shown in your book, if they decided to concentrate on the medical records, why weren't they done more thorough, leaving many issues hanging, like the two brain exams that could have been resolved by recalling Humes and Boswell?

And thanks for all you've done Doug,

BK

I have some questions for Doug on Vol 4

Just wanted to say great job Doug, your books are very easy to read and I am enjoying them very much