The Education Forum

6th floor museum book list

Pat Speer

There are SO many good and great books on the events and sequellae of 11/22/63 still in print and widely available on the side of clear conspiracy (before, during, after, still) if [iF] the 6th Floor Mausoleum wanted to sell them...but they don't. For starters, the five volume devastating Horne tome :ph34r: . They'd do well also to have an area telling who Byrd was, and his connections to various highly suspect conspirators [himself included], as well as his convenient safari timing.....but...hey....they have a job to do....'snow job' in Dallas all year 'round....apparently for the Dallas City 'Fathers' (.....some of whom in '63 knew which side the bullets were buttered upon [and MULTIPLE directions coming from, IMO])....who want to keep the 'standard' myth alive and the alternate views and truth suppressed. Someone Would Have Talked would also be good, as would the e-book version of Bloody Treason, Groden's books, Marrs' books, TMWKTM, Newman, Douglass, Kelin, McKnight, Fonzi, Fetzer's and on and on and on.....Sure are a lot of good ones on Amazon now alone - and in print!

Balance? :blink:

It is worth noting that Marr's CROSSFIRE is still in print after 20+ years. This

indicates some interest of the public in it, yet the 6thFM says nobody is interested.

We visit Barnes and Noble once a week, and I always check the HISTORY section.

They always have one or two copies, and had more during the Christmas season.

Jack

The fact that the 6th FM does not carry Crossfire is beyond lame

Crossfire used to be my bible, I would carry it under my arm in High School like the bible thumpers would carry their bible

Paul, you call yourself an anti-alterationist. Does that mean you disagree with alterationists--those who believe the Zapruder film is fake?

Elementary comprehension isn't really your forte, is it, Pat?

If so, that would at least be consistent, seeing as you think Greer shot Kennedy, and how EVERYONE I've ever come across to think Greer shot Kennedy did so after viewing a cruddy version of the Z-film.

You're mixing in the wrong circles - and going in them, too.

Paul, quit embarrassing yourself. An "anti-alterationist" is, by definition, someone opposed to "alterationists." While you might try to pretend an "anti-alterationist" is someone opposed to alteration, that would be playing games in order to hide the truth that you simply made a mistake, wouldn't it? I mean, it's not as if there is any group proclaiming themselves pro-alteration, and claiming to be "alterationists", is there?

As far as the Greer shot Kennedy theory, if you are but the tip of the iceberg of people claiming Greer shot Kennedy AND that the z-film is fake, feel free to list a few of your fellow ice cubes, will ya? Because I have been discussing this case as much as anyone on a number of forums for years now, and have encountered hundreds of "researchers", and you are the only one to propose such nonsense. If you ask someone why they think Greer shot Kennedy, they will; inevitably say they saw him do it in the Zapruder film..

So, are you willing to admit they are wrong?

There are SO many good and great books on the events and sequellae of 11/22/63 still in print and widely available on the side of clear conspiracy (before, during, after, still) if [iF] the 6th Floor Mausoleum wanted to sell them...but they don't. For starters, the five volume devastating Horne tome :ph34r: . They'd do well also to have an area telling who Byrd was, and his connections to various highly suspect conspirators [himself included], as well as his convenient safari timing.....but...hey....they have a job to do....'snow job' in Dallas all year 'round....apparently for the Dallas City 'Fathers' (.....some of whom in '63 knew which side the bullets were buttered upon [and MULTIPLE directions coming from, IMO])....who want to keep the 'standard' myth alive and the alternate views and truth suppressed. Someone Would Have Talked would also be good, as would the e-book version of Bloody Treason, Groden's books, Marrs' books, TMWKTM, Newman, Douglass, Kelin, McKnight, Fonzi, Fetzer's and on and on and on.....Sure are a lot of good ones on Amazon now alone - and in print!

While I am disappointed that the book store fails to carry such books as Larry Hancock's Someone Would Have Talked, and probably Jim Marrs' Crossfire, I think a lot of people's expectations on what the book store should carry just aren't reasonable.

The autopsy photos have not been officially released. If the photos in the books are real, then they have been illegally acquired. Should we really expect museum book stores to carry books built around unofficial or illegally acquired evidence? I think not.

A lot of those visiting the museum would think it was in bad taste. I'm not so sure I disagree. There is plenty of room for that kind of stuff on the internet.

While I am disappointed that the book store fails to carry such books as Larry Hancock's Someone Would Have Talked, and probably Jim Marrs' Crossfire, I think a lot of people's expectations on what the book store should carry just aren't reasonable.

The autopsy photos have not been officially released. If the photos in the books are real, then they have been illegally acquired. Should we really expect museum book stores to carry books built around unofficial or illegally acquired evidence? I think not.

A lot of those visiting the museum would think it was in bad taste. I'm not so sure I disagree. There is plenty of room for that kind of stuff on the internet.

Pat,

You say that the Fox and Groden photos of the autopsy were illegally acquired.

If that is so, then why weren't they prosecuted for the crimes?

It would certainly be interesting if the book stores that sold books with photos of illegally obtained autopsy photos could be prosecuted, but that wouldn't include the

Sixth Floor then.

Didn't Fox say that Kellerman told him to make an extra copy for himself because

it would historic someday?

Wouldn't that make Kellerman an acomplace to the crime?

Thanks for your consideration of these issues,

BK

Edited by William Kelly

Blowing the president's brains all over Elm Street IS IN BAD TASTE!

Stocking books that Barnes and Noble stocks IS NOT IN BAD TASTE!

"Illegally acquired evidence"? Surely you jest.

Jack

Pat,

You say that the Fox and Groden photos of the autopsy were illegally acquired.

If that is so, then why weren't they prosecuted for the crimes?

It would certainly be interesting if the book stores that sold books with photos of illegally obtained autopsy photos could be prosecuted, but that wouldn't include the

Sixth Floor then.

Didn't Fox say that Kellerman told him to make an extra copy for himself because

it would historic someday?

Wouldn't that make Kellerman an acomplace to the crime?

Thanks for your consideration of these issues,

BK

Bill, when Groden surreptitiously photographed the autopsy photos he knew he was taking a big chance. He knew 1) his publication of said photos would provoke a response, including the claim he'd acquired them in violation of the terms of his employment, and had thus violated his contract; and 2) that the government could not pursue him for this violation without admitting the photographs he published were genuine copies of the originals. In effect, he called their bluff...and won.

That's how I see it anyhow. I believe Groden testified that he thought Blakey approved of his copying the photos. Blakey of course strongly denies such a thing, and has said some very harsh things about Groden.

As far as Fox...I believe he did say something about Kellerman giving him permission...but did Kellerman ever confirm that? And who was Kellerman to say as much anyhow? I'm fairly certain that, by the time Fox printed the photos, Kellerman was no longer in charge of the autopsy materials, and that the photos were under the control of Robert Bouck...

Jack

Jack, I have a 1,000 page or so book online in which the autopsy photos are discussed and analyzed in far more detail than anywhere else. If I were to publish the book, complete with all its illustrations and images, I would not expect it to be carried by the sixth floor museum. Museums are, in large part, for children. It is well within the rights of a museum to refuse to stock material including images that adults can barely stomach. If an avant garde painter painted with his poop would you expect a retrospective of his work to be carried in the Smithsonian bookstore. I wouldn't.

Museum bookstores are not as adventurous as commercial bookstores. It's that simple. Now, that said, if the Sixth Floor Museum bookstore is gonna carry books as biased as Reclaiming History, I personally would hope it would carry books like Assassination Science or Murder in Dealey Plaza, if just for balance. It could put a little warning sign in the section saying the Sixth Floor museum does not endorse the accuracy of these books, etc.

I see no problem with that.

Jack

Jack, I have a 1,000 page or so book online in which the autopsy photos are discussed and analyzed in far more detail than anywhere else. If I were to publish the book, complete with all its illustrations and images, I would not expect it to be carried by the sixth floor museum. Museums are, in large part, for children. It is well within the rights of a museum to refuse to stock material including images that adults can barely stomach. If an avant garde painter painted with his poop would you expect a retrospective of his work to be carried in the Smithsonian bookstore. I wouldn't.

Museum bookstores are not as adventurous as commercial bookstores. It's that simple. Now, that said, if the Sixth Floor Museum bookstore is gonna carry books as biased as Reclaiming History, I personally would hope it would carry books like Assassination Science or Murder in Dealey Plaza, if just for balance. It could put a little warning sign in the section saying the Sixth Floor museum does not endorse the accuracy of these books, etc.

I see no problem with that.

post-667-1264398184_thumb.gif

"Someone Would Have Talked would also be good, as would the e-book version of Bloody Treason, Groden's books, Marrs' books, TMWKTM, Newman, Douglass, Kelin, McKnight, Fonzi, Fetzer's..."

And, never forget the mainstays of the pioneer researchers, which I also noted as missing among the Mausoleum's paltry list: Harold Weisberg's series,

Lifton's Best Evidence, Prouty's Secret Team, Garrison's On The Trail, Lane's Rush To Judgment and Plausible Denial.

What's up with that? And, saying that they're out of print won't cut it because if the Mausoleum is all it's cracked up to be, then the promotion of those authors' works would have given them enough exposure to, perhaps, warrant the publishers keeping them in print. JMHO