The Education Forum

David Ferrie

I hope to read your book someday. (Everytime I think of Ferrie, I think of Joe Pesci.)

Kathy C

Funny thing: I've had people who knew Ferrie well tell me that they thought Pesci's portrayal was pretty good. But when I first heard a recording of Ferrie's voice, I was struck by how low, well-paced, modulated and north/midwestern he sounded. And he was quite a bit taller than Pesci. When I did a presentation on Ferrie at a conference, I did an impression of him, but using lines from his other films: "Yeah, I went to Houston with the two youts...You think that's funny? Funny how?"

• 4 years later...

Here is a little something to store away.....

Orlando Sentinel, The (FL) - May 25, 1985

Deceased Name: Paolo Rossi

Paolo Rossi , president of the Constitutional Court, Italy's highest tribunal, from 1975 to 1978, died Friday at his home in Lucca, a court spokesman said. He was 85. After World War II, Rossi was a member of a special committee which drew up the new republic's constitution.

Robert: He was also a party to the intrigues involving Carlos Marcello, David Ferrie, Jack Wasserman and Carl Noll regarding Marcello's deportation to Guatemala

see Mafia Kingfish page 191

....And so on Monday, November 18, the last week of the Marcello trial began. Throughout the week crucial testimony was heard from three witnesses

for the defense. Dr. Paolo Alberto Rossi, an attorney from Rome with thirty years experience in the Italian diplomatic source, who had been Italian consul in New Orleans from 1927 to 1931 testified that if the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs had given its consent to Marcello's deportation eleventh-hour evidence in the form of a Guatemalan birth certificate would have had little effect on the deportation proceedings.....

Success always seems to follow

Edited by Robert Howard