The Education Forum

Dillard...

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone contend these photos have been altered in any way? - BK

1. DILLARD AND POWELL PHOTOGRAPHS

A simple trigonometric calculation shows that the two boxes at the left and right lie approximately 6 inches from the plane of the window (see appendix A). If full sunlight is falling on the additional boxes in question in the Powell photograph, they must also lie close to the plane of the window.* For this reason, the Panel concluded that the additional boxes visible in the Powell photograph were moved during the interval between the Dillard and Powell well photographs.

*See par. 269 supra.

From figure A-l, the following two equations can be formed:

Since a and B are known, assignment of a value to d allows the two equations to be solved for the distance h. Solving the equations for

The distance d is measurable as a fraction of the window width. The window was known, from the Warren Commission measurements, to be 36 inches wide. The shift d, when converted to a fraction of the width of the window, yielded d=8 inches. Thus:

or the box corner lay approximately 6 inches behind the plane of the window.

While there are appreciable uncertainties in these calculations, the location of the boxes within 6 inches of the plane of the window is consistent, with their apparent photographic position in full sunlight.

FIGURE A l.--Viewing angles for Dillard and Powell photographs.

LOCATION OF PHOTOGRAPHERS IN DEALEY PLAZA FIGURE A-2

Source: Courtesy of Josiah Thompson, author of "Six Seconds in Dallas."

BK Notes: Photo analysis is also done in conjuction with other information, which would include the report from the court clerks across the street that indicate a man was seen in the widow moving around three to four minutes after the last shot.

If it wasn't the assassin, who was that person and why were they moving boxes around?

Thanks for your interest in this,

BK

Edited by William Kelly

OK...

Bill made me look...

Can someone please explain how anyone could think these boxes have moved?

dillardcrop.jpg

Craig,

You'll need to read this...

http://jfkassassination.net/russ/infojfk/jfk6/hscoth.htm

Start at para 253 and on. Also be sure to read para 332 and on.

Todd

Thanks, I'll give it a view.

FWIW, I don't think the boxes have been moved at all...I think the change in perspective explains all we see.

A simple trigonometric calculation shows that the two boxes at the left and right lie approximately 6 inches from the plane of the window (see appendix A). If full sunlight is falling on the additional boxes in question in the Powell photograph, they must also lie close to the plane of the window.* For this reason, the Panel concluded that the additional boxes visible in the Powell photograph were moved during the interval between the Dillard and Powell well photographs.

*See par. 269 supra.

Since a and B are known, assignment of a value to d allows the two equations to be solved for the distance h. Solving the equations for

The distance d is measurable as a fraction of the window width. The window was known, from the Warren Commission measurements, to be 36 inches wide. The shift d, when converted to a fraction of the width of the window, yielded d=8 inches. Thus:

While there are appreciable uncertainties in these calculations, the location of the boxes within 6 inches of the plane of the window is consistent, with their apparent photographic position in full sunlight.

So they tried to cacluate the distance from the window to the boxes (guessing I might add). So where is the calulation that shows how much the view of the boxes MUST change do to changes in viewing angle?

Can you please point that out for me.

*See par. 269 supra.

So they tried to cacluate the distance from the window to the boxes (guessing I might add). So where is the calulation that shows how much the view of the boxes MUST change do to changes in viewing angle?

Can you please point that out for me.

The boxes on the left are not a mere 6 inches from the plane of the window as the HSCA photo panel; claims, they are probably closer to 2 feet.

?(very tentative suggestion)

OK...

Bill made me look...

dillardcrop.jpg

Craig,

Todd

FWIW, I don't think the boxes have been moved at all...I think the change in perspective explains all we see.

So Todd denies that the boxes have been moved.

That's okay Todd. No worries.

There is a still a Lone Nut perspective on all of this that can account for the boxes being moved and the person seen in the window four minutes after the last shot.

And that is that Dougherty bought Oswald's rife from him that morning, and he is the assassin and the guy seen in the window and the guy who moved the boxes.

And he was the Lone-Nut assassin, not Oswald.

So the Lone Nutters can still fit their square box into the round whole, and keep the single bullet theory and Warren Report conclusions intact.

Are there any other possiblities?

Thanks to Mike Hogan for the HSCA citations and to Dunk for the better quality pix.

BK

Edited by William Kelly

OK...

Bill made me look...

dillardcrop.jpg

Craig,

Todd

So Todd denies that the boxes have been moved.

That's okay Todd. No worries.

There is a still a Lone Nut perspective on all of this that can account for the boxes being moved and the person seen in the window four minutes after the last shot.

And that is that Dougherty bought Oswald's rife from him that morning, and he is the assassin and the guy seen in the window and the guy who moved the boxes.

And he was the Lone-Nut assassin, not Oswald.

So the Lone Nutters can still fit their square box into the round whole, and keep the single bullet theory and Warren Report conclusions intact.

Are there any other possiblities?

Thanks to Mike Hogan for the HSCA citations and to Dunk for the better quality pix.

BK

Bill,

Why don’t you simply try asking me ‘WHY” I don’t think the boxes were moved rather than engaging in silliness?

Todd