The Education Forum

Why do I have to do all of the photo analysis?

Jack White

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jerry, in the better frames posted by Robin I can see vague limo outlines indicating it is a screen, plus the image posted by you shows there was one there. So I'm leaning closer to it being a MC screen.

________

(I can't find the topic/post but there is a q regarding how many are standing, The Bell frame is poor in value spread with lots of gamma blowout and blur smear, but I've got a 1:25 Limo model which when orientated as the pic posted whows, Clint is where he should be, the next spot is the front right quarter window, the next is the flag and the back of Kellermans head is vaguely indicated, again where it should be.)

Guest Gary Loughran
I can find no mention of Altgens disputing any of his photos in his Warren Commission testimony. But here's one interesting thing he DID say:

"The car never did stop. It was proceeding along in a slow pace and I stepped out in the curb area and made another picture as the Secret Service man stepped upon the rear step of the Presidential car and went to Mrs. Kennedy's aid."

how praytell does one "stepped upon" (onto) a vehicle traveling at 8-10MPH? Jump onto, dive onto, leap onto... yeah, but "STEP"?

Look it up. The fastest a man can run is about 11 miles per hour; walk is about 3 mph.

Jack

A marathon runner would probably average around 11mph. The fastest sprinters can reach mid - high 20mph averaging 22mph or so. 3mph is a very relaxed waliking speed. Most people would be closer to 4.

11 mph is a wholly unspectacular speed for a human to reach. What is that? 100m's in 20 seconds? Perhaps you miskeyed 21 for 11?

Jerry, yes, I can see it and I can't at the moment see any reason to dispute what you say except possibly that the object could be expected to be more translucent if a screen.

However, it's an object, and the defect repeats so the defect and object can obviously not be ''married''. I wonder if Paschals' or Dormans' shows what was there.

imo, if nothing else this whole study shows how flawed an analysis can be when out of context, ie one frame out of many.

Thank you, all the best to you too, Jerry.

I checked other films and we're just missing it by a hair. The best I can do is a motorcycle in Hughes but the officer seems to be wearing the wrong type hat.

OTH, maybe he's not the officer that goes with the cycle?

Hughes-1.png

That cycle is Sgt DV Harkness's 3 wheel cycle, the same one from which the Rowlands could hear the progress of the motorcade over the police radio (see their testimony). I think Harkness is visible in one of the Hughes sequences walking past the camera.

The officer in the dark hat in Hughes next to Harkeness's cycle is B.J. Fox. He is the same officer we see from behind in Bond 4 running toward the scene of the shooting.

That cycle is Sgt DV Harkness's 3 wheel cycle, the same one from which the Rowlands could hear the progress of the motorcade over the police radio (see their testimony). I think Harkness is visible in one of the Hughes sequences walking past the camera.

The officer in the dark hat in Hughes next to Harkeness's cycle is B.J. Fox. He is the same officer we see from behind in Bond 4 running toward the scene of the shooting.

Todd,

You're going to spoil everyone's fun if you know all the answers!

Do you recall Harkness's head cover? If any?

Jerry

I can find no mention of Altgens disputing any of his photos in his Warren Commission testimony. But here's one interesting thing he DID say:

"The car never did stop. It was proceeding along in a slow pace and I stepped out in the curb area and made another picture as the Secret Service man stepped upon the rear step of the Presidential car and went to Mrs. Kennedy's aid."

how praytell does one "stepped upon" (onto) a vehicle traveling at 8-10MPH? Jump onto, dive onto, leap onto... yeah, but "STEP"?

Look it up. The fastest a man can run is about 11 miles per hour; walk is about 3 mph.

Jack

A marathon runner would probably average around 11mph. The fastest sprinters can reach mid - high 20mph averaging 22mph or so. 3mph is a very relaxed waliking speed. Most people would be closer to 4.

11 mph is a wholly unspectacular speed for a human to reach. What is that? 100m's in 20 seconds? Perhaps you miskeyed 21 for 11?

Google MAN SPEED WALKING RUNNING. That is what I did.

Todd,

Jerry

He was wearing a white policeman's cap, not a helmet but a traditional police-style hat.

Nix, Hughes and "Altgens 5" all capture virtually the same point of view,

yet none of them is in the images of the others. This seems odd, because,

Nix is standing some 20 feet behind Altgens on the sidewalk. "Altgens" is

in the street in front of Nix, so should appear in the Nix film.

I have been doing vanishing point analyses of the images, to better understand

where "Altgens" should be. Some of you may find this instructive.

Jack

post-667-1265317368_thumb.jpg

Guest Gary Loughran
Google MAN SPEED WALKING RUNNING. That is what I did.

Jack, I genuinely can't believe you're using an erroneous internet page located by Google as an excuse.

See how easily the wrong information can get around.

I'm pretty sure you like US Football and are aware of the all important 40 yard dash times used at the pre draft scouting combines (at least I think that's where they are tested at least once!!?). The 300lb nose tackle is moving faster than 11mph, probably hitting somewhere in the 14-16 mph region for his 40 yards. :wacko: 2:

Facts beat Google every time.

Jerry, in the better frames posted by Robin I can see vague limo outlines indicating it is a screen, plus the image posted by you shows there was one there. So I'm leaning closer to it being a MC screen.

________

(I can't find the topic/post but there is a q regarding how many are standing, The Bell frame is poor in value spread with lots of gamma blowout and blur smear, but I've got a 1:25 Limo model which when orientated as the pic posted whows, Clint is where he should be, the next spot is the front right quarter window, the next is the flag and the back of Kellermans head is vaguely indicated, again where it should be.)

John,

Yes, I can see that too. Robin's been capturing those video programs and it's really paying off.

Thanks also for that additional information. I think it was the Chaney Witnesses Speak thread.

Jerry

Todd,

Jerry

He was wearing a white policeman's cap, not a helmet but a traditional police-style hat.

With a black visor, correct?

Is he the officer in front of Hughes on several occasions - I think he's wearing a Sgt. patch.

Edited by Jerry Logan