The Education Forum

Why was this man carrying a toy dog...

Jack White

OK, it'd be nice to see photos of what USPO postal workers wore in Dallas in 1963. (Glad you enjoyed the photo.)

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am really disappointed with those of you who like to offer so much critical advice.

How come you do not notice and call to my attention that the man's bowling ball which

nobody noticed has a PERFECTLY HORIZONTAL STRIPE AROUND IT? Now you math guys

surely know that random chances of this happening by "accident" are 1 in 180....pretty

long odds, huh? So would you conclude the 1/180 "chance" happened, or that a human

hand with a T-square may have helped? Com'on people...help with this photoananysis.

Jack

post-667-1266560647_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jack White

which nix frame, Jack? Does the historical society have photos of postal workers from 1963?

which nix frame, Jack? Does the historical society have photos of postal workers from 1963?

I have no numbers for Nix frames. I look at them one at a time. But it is

just a few frames after the frame showing the man holding the baby...but

without the bowling ball.

Postal workers are/were US Federal employees...not local. Address your

question to the US Post Office Department. However, I can assure you that

postmen have worn light blue uniforms for as long as I can remember.

Edited by Jack White

The USPO doesn't exist anymore, Jack. Nixon scrapped it and replaced it with the USPS. afaik the USPO files are unavailable. Surely in the archives of the Dallas Historical society there are photos of Dallas* USPO postal workers from 1963?

edit:add *

Edited by John Dolva

The USPO doesn't exist anymore, Jack. Nixon scrapped it and replaced it with the USPS. afaik the USPO files are unavailable. Surely in the archives of the Dallas Historical society there are photos of Dallas* USPO postal workers from 1963?

I know well the history of the post office department...that it is now only quasi-official. I am a local historian, remember?

I doubt that the Dallas Historical Society has such photos. Here is Fort Worth's first postman, however, from my webpage.

post-667-1266564484_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jack White

I am really disappointed with those of you who like to offer so much critical advice.

How come you do not notice and call to my attention that the man's bowling ball which

surely know that random chances of this happening by "accident" are 1 in 180....pretty

long odds, huh? So would you conclude the 1/180 "chance" happened, or that a human

hand with a T-square may have helped? Com'on people...help with this photoananysis.

Jack

Jack, I'm astonished that you haven't noticed that the man has three legs and is on skis.

See the history of the mail carriers uniforms here, with pics:

http://www.postalbadges.com/carrier_uniform_history.htm

Scroll a little over halfway down to pic captioned: Letter carrier early 1960s

Bests,

Barb :-)

Thank you Barb ( Jack USPS isn't helpful) that's a history that overlaps, has disputed items, and hints at regional variations. A photo of various Dallas Postal Workers would be interesting to see (USPO 1863, Dallas.).

Guest James H. Fetzer

Paul is making some points. He does seem to have too many legs and to be on skates or skis.

Jack

Jack, I'm astonished that you haven't noticed that the man has three legs and is on skis.

Do you think those are ice skates or roller skates? I can't tell.

Paul is making some points. He does seem to have too many legs and to be on skates or skis.

Jack