The Education Forum

Why is this man NOT carrying a bowling ball?

Guest Duncan MacRae

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Tom Scully

ENOUGH !!! Why start a new thread> Why not just reply to Jack White's posts on his "toy dog," thread?

Collectively, you "visualists" are ruining this forum. Please cease the distraction and the constant creation'of

new threads when s reply in an existing discussion might suffice?

Edited by Tom Scully

I wonder what that uniform is?

Quote:

That's not an unnaturally long arm, Jack.

It's a low hanging jacket sleeve, on the jacket which he is carrying.

Spot on Duncan.

The man appears to be carrying a light colored jacket, with one of the sleeves hanging down.

...and the sleeve has a hand with moving fingers? Note the thumb sticking out!

post-667-1266789752_thumb.jpg

Let's find some things we can agree on. I OBVIOUSLY DID NOT "LITERALLY" MEAN A BOWLING BALL! I meant it

was about the SIZE of a bowling ball.

Can we agree:

1. This "thing" is seen in the Nix film.

2. This "thing" is round.

3. This "thing" appears to have a horizontal black stripe around the circumference.

4. This "thing" has no apparent means of support.

5. This "thing" splits into two parts in subsequent frames.

6. This "thing" is about the size and shape of a bowling ball (without finger holes).

Can we agree on the above. If you disagree with any, please say why.

Here is a computer enlargement and "enhancement with pseudo-colors to try to see more:

post-667-1266790827_thumb.jpg

ENOUGH !!! Why start a new thread> Why not just reply to Jack White's posts on his "toy dog," thread?

Collectively, you "visualists" are ruining this forum. Please cease the distraction and the constant creation'of

new threads when s reply in an existing discussion might suffice?

I agree.

visualists.........they see anything their imagination can come up with.

Jack,

Are you going to admit that you've made yet another mistake? Once again you've presented a "study" using a crop of a compressed (jpeg) image. Duncan has shown - unequivocally - that your bowling ball is a combination of your imagination and compression artefacts. His presentation doesn't suffer from the flaws that yours does.

Go on Jack, admit it. You are wrong. Can you do that, or will you simply keep putting up pointless threads? If the truth hasn't already been established by the work of the Warren Commission, how much closer to reality do you think your work has moved anyone? I know the answer, do you? Someone wrote here that even if 5% of your work is accurate, it indicates that something is amiss.

Here's a simple question for you Jack: What's 5% of nothing?

Paul.

People who write ENDLESSLY about the same topics are far more boring than

looking at photos.

Jack,

Isn't it interesting that the only people who are complaining about people causing distractions in this thread, are the only two people who are actually causing the distraction in this thread.............Go figure.

Duncan

Duncan...I agree...and thanks for the great gif which captured all the relevant frames. It was a great help.

Jack