The Education Forum

Why is this man NOT carrying a bowling ball?

Guest Duncan MacRae

Why are people afraid to express an opinion on the ball with the stripe?

Because it's pointless expressing an opinion in reply to your posts. You don't like opinions Jack - you have stated this on multiple occasions - unless the "opinion" completely matches your own of course.

It is pointless to reply to bigots.

Don't ever speak to me like that again Jack. Understand?

You've already insinuated I'm a racist and now I am a bigot.

Apology please...and make it quick.

In his egocentric world, Lee thinks any remark is directed to him, though he has no compunction

about judging others.

His comprehension skills need sharpening. I wrote...

"It is pointless to reply to bigots."

He took this to mean HIM. This is illogical, since I was REPLYING TO HIM.

A bigot is any person who judges others based on preconceived and false prejudices. Why Lee

thinks this applies to him I do not know.

I am sorry that Lee was offended by the general remark IT IS POINTLESS TO REPLY TO BIGOTS.

There are numerous bigots on this forum. Too bad he numbers himself among them.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Analyze this:

In your post #27, look at the two lighter colored blocks immediately below what appears to be the black line. They are the same width and horizontal orientation as the black line. One of the artifacts of JPEG compression is to create hard edges where none exist. These are all JPEG digital tiling.

Edited by Stephen Roy

Because it's pointless expressing an opinion in reply to your posts. You don't like opinions Jack - you have stated this on multiple occasions - unless the "opinion" completely matches your own of course.

In his egocentric world, Lee thinks any remark is directed to him, though he has no compunction

about judging others.

A bigot is any person who judges others based on preconceived and false prejudices. Why Lee

I am sorry that Lee was offended by the general remark IT IS POINTLESS TO REPLY TO BIGOTS.

Why don't you be a man for once instead of a squirming manipulator of your own words? Go on Jack be a man. Gain some respect for yourself. Everyone on here can see through the shallow squirming crap you've written above so why not grow a pair eh?

And while you've got your dictionary out AGAIN...

...have you looked up the word "racist" since you insinuated I was one?

Amazing how you can get away with things like that on here...it's generally called "libel" you know? Have you looked up "libel"?

Lee, I hate to waste time with your insults...but I cannot recall saying you were a racist. Will you please supply

me with a quote? I have no reason that I can recall to think you are racist.

Analyze this:

In your post #27, look at the two lighter colored blocks immediately below what appears to be the black line. They are the same width and horizontal orientation as the black line. One of the artifacts of JPEG compression is to create hard edges where none exist. These are all JPEG digital tiling.

Please produce an example of "digital tiling" producing a circle with a black stripe.

post-667-1267029821_thumb.jpg

about judging others.

Why don't you be a man for once instead of a squirming manipulator of your own words? Go on Jack be a man. Gain some respect for yourself. Everyone on here can see through the shallow squirming crap you've written above so why not grow a pair eh?

And while you've got your dictionary out AGAIN...

...have you looked up the word "racist" since you insinuated I was one?

Amazing how you can get away with things like that on here...it's generally called "libel" you know? Have you looked up "libel"?

Lee, I hate to waste time with your insults...but I cannot recall saying you were a racist. Will you please supply

me with a quote? I have no reason that I can recall to think you are racist.

You didn't say I was a racist - you insinuated it, suggested it, hinted at it. You are sly Jack. Scheming, underhanded and sneaky.

Find it yourself. You said it.

I understand this may eat into your valuable time looking for remote cameras, Jabba the Hutt and three headed leprechauns but I'm not your secretary...

I thought so. It is all in your mind.

Analyze this:

Please produce an example of "digital tiling" producing a circle with a black stripe.

Blow up nearly any JPEG image and you'll see hard-edged blocks just like these! It's the JPEG process trying to approximate what it thinks goes on that spot. In TV, we call it digital tiling.

Look at your "stripe". About 2/3 of the way across, there is a lighter block. And below and above it, directly attached to it are slightly shaded blocks of the tan color, making sort of a 3-tier shape. How could that happen in nature? No, the hard edges are created by the JPEG process. How can you not see that?

Why would an animator - whether trying to create false evidence, or just goofing on us, or just being sloppy - create a round shape with a stripe, and then make the stripe imperfect? And, in 1963, just happen to use a design that matches artifacts of a system not to be developed for another 30 years?

If I imported it correctly, an exapmle of JPEG compression on an old image:

Analyze this:

Blow up nearly any JPEG image and you'll see hard-edged blocks just like these! It's the JPEG process trying to approximate what it thinks goes on that spot. In TV, we call it digital tiling.

Look at your "stripe". About 2/3 of the way across, there is a lighter block. And below and above it, directly attached to it are slightly shaded blocks of the tan color, making sort of a 3-tier shape. How could that happen in nature? No, the hard edges are created by the JPEG process. How can you not see that?

Why would an animator - whether trying to create false evidence, or just goofing on us, or just being sloppy - create a round shape with a stripe, and then make the stripe imperfect? And, in 1963, just happen to use a design that matches artifacts of a system not to be developed for another 30 years?

If I imported it correctly, an exapmle of JPEG compression on an old image:

Thanks for the demonstration of the lady in the bonnet. However, the bonnet did not turn into a ball with a stripe.

Being a 15 year computer veteran, I am well aware of COMPRESSION ARTIFACTS, so asking "how can I not see that"

seems rather odd. Here is an image I was working with today. THIS is a good example of compression artifacts.

(I was trying every way I could think of to read the sign the person in the frame is holding.)

post-667-1267061057_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jack White

In JPEG compression, some shapes retain their curves, but others take on hard, blocky edges. I posted the girl picture, because it retains curves, but also takes on blocky straight lines. It is very similar to your image. The similarity is self-evident, and I don't understand why you can't see the similarity.

Of course the bonnet will not turn into a bowling ball. Nobody could perfectly replicate such a thing, especially since we don't know what it was that the man was carrying.

Edited by Stephen Roy

BECAUSE IT'S NOT A BALL WITH STRIPE!!

and if it WAS a ball with a stripe, what's it have to do with the shooting of JFK? Maybe it's some kind of CIA/Cuban device? Or is it a remote camera? or space-age tripod? Or is it (insert anything you can think of here)

and if it WAS a ball with a stripe, what's it have to do with the shooting of JFK? Maybe it's some kind of CIA/Cuban device? Or is it a remote camera? or space-age tripod? Or is it (insert anything you can think of here)

Perhaps its nothing more than an old fashioned Henway.

OK, I'll play straight man: What's a Henway?

OK, I'll play straight man: What's a Henway?

About 2 or 3 pounds.

In JPEG compression, some shapes retain their curves, but others take on hard, blocky edges. I posted the girl picture, because it retains curves, but also takes on blocky straight lines. It is very similar to your image. The similarity is self-evident, and I don't understand why you can't see the similarity.

Of course the bonnet will not turn into a bowling ball. Nobody could perfectly replicate such a thing, especially since we don't know what it was that the man was carrying.

I don't know if this helps.

The point is that the MAN WAS CARRYING NOTHING. The ball with the stripe appears ONLY IN ONE FRAME.

That is a significant anomaly to be addressed!

The point is that the MAN WAS CARRYING NOTHING. The ball with the stripe appears ONLY IN ONE FRAME.

That is a significant anomaly to be addressed!

WRONG!

The man WAS CARRYING SOMETHING, Jack - he was carrying his jacket.

When are you going to watch the film in motion at the link I provided and comment on what you see? I've suggested this several times now. Why won't you do that?