The Education Forum

Virtual Gallery

John Dolva

Cause my brother is THE artist of the family I find the following amusing. When I googleddolva pictures I didn't expect my doodle from when I was on strike to be ranked fifth and the first of my brothers ranked 6th. I had to laugh. Anyway, it triggered the though of a virtual gallery. Obviously it will continuously change as links ''break'' storage runs out etc, so it'll be an evolution. An media, style whatever freely allowed. I got a lot of interesting stuff but not much of my own as I tend towards a kind of disposable situationalist school (which I don't know whether it exists, if it doesn't it it in itself fulfils itself, so I hope it doesn't).

anyway:

[link to an image if such a feature existed in the Art and Design part of the forum.com]

I call this one ''Silly''

[silly.bmp]

I'm glad you liked it Andy, thank you very much.

• 3 weeks later...

As a further statement, which is perhaps necessitated by the Local Artists thread (work in progress), I have difficulty naming my personal philosophy/style of art. Like the artists that are featured (or will be) they are artists because they cant not be. I see things from a perspective that perhaps can be summarised by ''Soluble Situationalism.'' Which , for me really gets to the question of 'what is art?''.

I call this one ''Silly''

[silly.bmp]

apt.

On second thought I think ''DAFT'' is a better title.