The Education Forum

COVERT OPS; Pentagon Shooting..Gary Webb; Col. Sabow

Thanks Christy for keeping us up to date. I have been flying my A... off these past few days and not been around many newspapers or TV's. I have to admitt I was shocked when I heard the news.

I had talked to Gary a few months ago and he was going to send me information concerning a follow up on his previous Dark Allience project. Although, I did not agree with all that Gary had wrote, he was however on course as to most of it. He was one fine reporter and we had a few laughs together. I really liked the guy. He was dedicated to his work and believed in what he was doing or trying to do. He was right on about the Mexico American (AMSOG) matter and we helped eachother document some hidden details on that subject. [Ref; DEA Susan Baldin and Hector Berliz TS DEA documents posted on my new website ref; Carro Quenterro's Mexico ranch]

http://toshplumlee.info/

"...DEA Mexico OPS: These documents make reference to "Guatemalan Guerrillas" training at a ranch owned by Drug Lord CARO- Quintero in Vera Crus, Mexico. It was reported at the time this was a CIA training site where weapons were exchanged for drugs in support of the Contra effort in Nicaragua and Costa Rico. DEA Agent Enrique Camarena (KIKI) and his pilot found out about this operation known as "The CIA Thing" and were killed because of this knowledge. Plumlee and other American undercover pilots had flown into this ranch many times as reported in various sections within these documents and other news media leaks in Mexico and America. The operation was known as "AMSOG" and, as reported to Senator Gary Hart and his Senate investigators in early 1983, was an "illegal" smuggling operation through Mexico into the United States, supported by the US Military, Panama Southern Command...".

Gary liked the title on my manuscript "Deep Cover-Shallow Graves" and wanted me to finish it.... Liked I said, I am shocked. I did not know he was at that level with his life and would harm himself. I wish I could have been there for him. I considered him always "Up-Beat" and could roll with the punches and take the heat. I hope this is not like the Miami 'Tom Dunkin" matter of old.

Anyway, Thanks again. I'll be back in circulation in a few weeks after I finish baby sitting these new breed of baby Eagles. Tosh

P.S. Also kind of sounds like the Lt Col Sabo matter of a few years back. The Flight Commander at El Toro Marine Station in southern California who killed himself with a shot gun and left no fingerprints or notes. He too, had information about drugs and guns.

This post has been edited by William Plumlee: Dec 13 2004, 12:27 AM

Chris Cox

Dec 13 2004, 02:11 AM

Post #6

Advanced Member

Group: Members

Member No.: 685

Tosh

True about wanting to make contact to try to prevent such a thing, especially if it is suicide.

So, he was continuing his research? You were a source for him? I wondered about that. I'm looking at the files on the ToshPlumlee site and can't find the specific AMSOG refs you cite but attached are the Hart Goodtimes letters to start with. I'll need to figure out how to post properly. Take care--I look forward to your reply.

William Plumlee

Dec 13 2004, 04:21 AM

Post #7

Group: Members

Member No.: 1680

QUOTE (William Plumlee @ Dec 13 2004, 12:03 AM)

QUOTE (Chris Cox @ Dec 12 2004, 07:38 PM)

In LA Times this morning, reporter who broke the CIA Drugs story for San Jose Mercury News, died of apparent suicide. Very tragic ending for a brave journalist.

Webb authored "Dark Alliance: The CIA, the Contras, and the Crack Cocaine Explosion" and did a series of talks and interviews around the country.

See links for more on Webb's investigative work.

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews...10399522.htm?1c

http://www.parascope.com/mx/articles/garyw...yWebbSpeaks.htm

Thanks Christy for keeping us up to date. I have been flying my A... off these past few days and not been around many newspapers or TV's. I have to admitt I was shocked when I heard the news.

I had talked to Gary a few months ago and he was going to send me information concerning a follow up on his previous Dark Allience project. Although, I did not agree with all that Gary had wrote, he was however on course as to most of it. He was one fine reporter and we had a few laughs together. I really liked the guy. He was dedicated to his work and believed in what he was doing or trying to do. He was right on about the Mexico American (AMSOG) matter and we helped eachother document some hidden details on that subject. [Ref; DEA Susan Baldin and Hector Berliz TS DEA documents posted on my new website ref; Carro Quenterro's Mexico ranch]

http://toshplumlee.info/

"...DEA Mexico OPS: These documents make reference to "Guatemalan Guerrillas" training at a ranch owned by Drug Lord CARO- Quintero in Vera Crus, Mexico. It was reported at the time this was a CIA training site where weapons were exchanged for drugs in support of the Contra effort in Nicaragua and Costa Rico. DEA Agent Enrique Camarena (KIKI) and his pilot found out about this operation known as "The CIA Thing" and were killed because of this knowledge. Plumlee and other American undercover pilots had flown into this ranch many times as reported in various sections within these documents and other news media leaks in Mexico and America. The operation was known as "AMSOG" and, as reported to Senator Gary Hart and his Senate investigators in early 1983, was an "illegal" smuggling operation through Mexico into the United States, supported by the US Military, Panama Southern Command...".

Gary liked the title on my manuscript "Deep Cover-Shallow Graves" and wanted me to finish it.... Liked I said, I am shocked. I did not know he was at that level with his life and would harm himself. I wish I could have been there for him. I considered him always "Up-Beat" and could roll with the punches and take the heat. I hope this is not like the Miami 'Tom Dunkin" matter of old.

Anyway, Thanks again. I'll be back in circulation in a few weeks after I finish baby sitting these new breed of baby Eagles. Tosh

P.S. Also kind of sounds like the Lt Col Sabow matter of a few years back. The Flight Commander at El Toro Marine Station in southern California who killed himself with a shot gun and left no fingerprints or notes. He too, had information about drugs and guns.

I think the following should be of interest to the FORUM in reference to the good work Gary was doing.

From: MIKE RUPERT ON THE CIA USE OF FIREFIGHTING PLANES FOR

DRUG RUNNING AND GUN RUNNING..

Date: Thu Jun 27, 2002 5:42 pm

Subject: CIA Diverts Air Tankers From Fire Fighting to Drug Smuggling - Records Show

Death of a Hero - The Murder of Jim Sabow

"...Marine Col. Jim Sabow was murdered at his home on the El Toro Marine Air Station in January 1991. His death, ruled a suicide by the Navy and the Marine Corps, has left a brave family virtually destroyed. As opposed to the official military account that Sabow, despondent over pending disciplinary actions for minor offenses committed suicide, a lingering and persistent body of evidence indicates that Jim Sabow was murdered because he caught the CIA flying drugs onto a base where he was Chief of Air Operations. Much of the evidence indicates that the cocaine arrived on the same C-130s which had been given to the Forest Service.

In a 1993 segment of her news program Eye to Eye, Connie Chung covered the Sabow death in detail and showed evidence of the murder by introducing statements from Sabow's brother, a medical doctor, that Sabow had been unconscious and aspirating blood for minutes before a shotgun was rammed so far down his throat that it sheared off the uvula. In that same segment, veteran Air America and CIA pilot Tosh Plumlee stated that he flew loads of cocaine as large as 2,000 kilos onto El Toro in the years and months prior to Sabow's death - for the CIA. Plumlee stated clearly that he was flying C-130s operated by the Forest Service and their contractors. In later conversations with this writer Plumlee admitted that he routinely flew loads as large as 2,500 kilos onto military installations in California and Arizona for the CIA.

Both Eitel and veteran investigator Gene Wheaton, who still works for the Sabow family which has a pending and oft delayed lawsuit pending in San Diego for next year, believe that the C-130s described in this story are the same ones which led to Jim Sabow's murder. Wheaton, a retired Warrant Officer from Army CID, has participated in and led investigations ranging from the Christic Institute lawsuit of 1987 to the very suspicious crash in Gander, Newfoundland of an Arrow Air flight in 1985 which took the lives of more than 250 members of the 101st Airborne Division. Arrow Air was, according to Wheaton, "One of Ollie North's favorite airlines." He was also one of the first investigators to uncover CIA drug smuggling in Mena, AK and is today working with Sabow attorney Daniel Sheehan, formerly of the Christic Institute, on the Sabow case. He has also conducted extensive investigations of the Forest Service C-130s and worked with Eitel on the case.

"The Marines were supposed to keep flight refueling records of all non-military flights in transit on through the base at El Toro," said Wheaton. "Those are government records and would have shown that the same Forest Service aircraft passed through the base at the same time that Jim started complaining to his superiors about the drugs. The base is closed now but the records should have been kept. They are government documents."

Wheaton added, "They have all been destroyed."

Frogmen, Russoniello and… Gary Webb?!

In his series of articles for The San Jose Mercury News entitled The Dark Alliance and in his brilliant book of the same name, author Gary Webb described the interference of the CIA in the infamous "Frogman" cocaine case of 1983. The U.S. attorney, a Reagan appointee, who handled the case and ultimately returned more than $36,000 in seized drug money to the CIA connected traffickers arrested in San Francisco, was Joseph Russoniello. As disclosed in Webb's book and documented in Volume I of the CIA Inspector General's report, the CIA had contacted Russoniello in an effort to contain any adverse publicity linking the arrested traffickers to the Agency. In the Agency's own cable traffic CIA stated that Russoniello was, "most deferential to our interests." ..."