The Education Forum

Is this Witness Arnold Rowland

Guest Duncan MacRae

arnold rowland..b

Bernice,

The man in the picture in your post is Tom Alyea in November of 1964, not Arnold Rowland.

Todd

Todd is correct. The video where the still originated cab be found at the link below.

Click HERE to view Tom Alyea talking about the assassination.

Thanks todd and duncan no idea where that one came from here is another of Aylea..apologys to him...b..

Edited by Bernice Moore

OK. So, when was the interview made? What's the date of the interview? Year, month, day. Day, month, year.

I can't help you there, John.

It was shown in 1967, and the interviewer is Eddie Barker.

Duncan...Here is the site link that we got the information tapes from

http://www-unix.oit.umass.edu/~ahmintz/index.htm

his name ia Aaron Mintz, a very pleasant kind gentleman....b

Edited by Bernice Moore

The interview is 100% genuine. It is NOT from the JFK movie.

I obtained the complete CBS programme with all of the interviews with an assortment of witnesses, including Arnold Rowland, a few years ago, from another researcher which cost me $35.http

Bernice gave me the name of the researcher, who I contacted, but who's name escapes me at the moment. see above for link...b

Some of these interviews, including Rowland's can be seen on the home page of my forum, and many more can be viwed in the " Video and Audio" section.

Click HERE to go to JFK Assassination Forum

I am the source of these videos which have all been uploaded to my Youtube channel.

Click HERE to visit my Youtube Channel

Edited by Bernice Moore

• 3 years later...

If it is not Arnold Rowland, then who is this man?

This man appears to be pointing to the 6th floor WEST window.

Click HERE to view the clip

Rowland.png

Testimony of James Crawford:

Mr. CRAWFORD - As I observed the parade, I believe there was a car leading the President's car, followed by the President's car and followed, I suppose, by the Vice Presiden't car and, in turn, by the secret Service in a yellow closed sedan. The doors of the Sedan were open. It was after the Secret Service Sedan had gone around the corner that I heard the first report and at that time I thought it was a backfire of a car but, in analyzing the situation, it could not have been a backfire of a car because it would have had to have been the President's car or some car in the cavalcade there. The second shot followed some seconds, a little time elapsed after the first one, and followed very quickly by the third one. I could not see the President's car -

Mr. BALL - At that time?

Mr. CRAWFORD - That's right; I couldn't even see the secret Service car, at least wasn't looking for it. As the report from the third shot sounded, I looked up. I had previously looked around to see if there was somebody shooting firecrackers to see if I could see a puff of smoke, and after I decided it wasn't a backfire from an automobile and as the third report sounded, I looked up and from the far east corner of the sixth floor I saw a movement. It was just barely a glimpse.

Mr. BALL - Which window?

Mr. CRAWFORD - That would be the far east window -

Mr. BALL - On the -

Mr. CRAWFORD - On the sixth floor of the Texas School Book Depository. I turned to Miss Mitchell and made the statement that if those were shots they came from that window. That was based mainly on the fact of the quick movement observrd in the window right at the conclusion of the report.

Mr. BALL - Could you give me any better description than just a movement? Could you use any other words to describe what you saw by way of color or size of what you saw moving?

Mr. CRAWFORD - If I were asked to describe it, I would say that it was a profile, somewhat from the waist up, but it was very quick movement and rather indistinct and it was very light colored. It was either light colored or it was a reflection from the sun. When the gun fas found, or when a gun was found, I asked the question if it was white, simply because if it was a gun I saw, then it was either white or it was reflecting the sn so it would appear white or light colored.

Mr. BALL - What caused you to look up at the Texas School Book Depository Building?

Mr. CRAWFORD - The sound had to be coming from somewhere; the noise was being made at some place, so I didn't see anyone shooting firecrackers or anything else and I thought "this idiot surely shouldn't do such a thing," but if they were, where were they, and if they were shots, where were they coming from, and that caused me to search the whole area on Houston Street and in front of the Texas Depository on Elm Street and then up and that's how I happened to be looking up at the time, rather than observing things in the street, probably.

Mr. BALL - Did you ever see any smoke?

Mr. CRAWFORD - No, sir; I did not.

Mr. BALL - In your remark to Mary Ann Mitchell, did you say "If those were shots, they came from that window"?

Mr. CRAWFORD - Yes.

Mr. BALL - That is what you reported to the FBI agent, also?

Mr. CRAWFORD - Yes, I suppose; at the time, I was still not absolutely sure they were shots and that's why I said if they were shots. I was basing that, I am sure I was basing that mainly on the fact of this quick movement that I observed. In other words, If I were firing the shots, I would have jumped back immediately at the conclusion of them.

Mr. BALL - Later on, did you go back in the street and talk to someone?

Mr. CRAWFORD - Yes.

Mr. BALL - Did you talk to a deputy sheriff?

Mr. CRAWFORD - Allen Swett.

Mr. BALL - What did you tell him?

Mr. CRAWFORD - I told him to have the men search the boxes directly behind this window that was open on the sixth floor - the window in the far east corner.

Mr. BALL - Did you tell him anything of what you had seen?

Mr. CRAWFORD - I don't think so. I think I was so amazed that I could walk across the street and walk up to this building that was supposedly under surveillance and the man had not been - I say "the man" - there had not been anyone apprehended.

Mr. BALL - How long was it after you heard the shots that you walked up to Allen Swett and talked to him?

Mr. CRAWFORD - My guess is it could have been anywhere from 10 - 20 minutes. My guess would be around 15 - 20 minutes.

Mr. BALL - In the statement you made to the FBI agent, he reports you said you walked to the Texas School Book Depository where you contacted Deputy Sheriff Allen Swett and advised him of the movement you had seen in the sixth floor window?

Mr. CRAWFORD - I must have told him something about the movement. I did tell him to serch those windows, I think.

Mr. BALL - could you in your own words give us your memory of what you told Allen Swett?

Mr. CRAWFORD - I would probably have said, as I remember it, that to have the men search - have someone search the boxes directly behind that window. I had seen some movement directly after the shots. That was, I think, all I said. I did not - there was no conversation and at the conclusion of my statement, he directed several men up there.

The "James N. Crawford" who was deposed by Joseph A. Ball of the Warren Commission stated that he was born in Greenville, Texas, that he had attended Texas A&M University, and that he had been a Deputy District Clerk "for the county" (Dallas County, evidently) "for about ten years" at the time of his deposition (April, 1964) . He stated that previous to that he had worked for "the Texas Company in New Orleans," had been in and out of the furniture business," and had been 'in the oil business here in Dallas."

http://jfkassassination.net/russ/testimony/crawford.htm

I think I've found his obituary. James Noble Crawford, Sr. was born in Greenville, Texas in 1919. In 1949 he moved to Garland, Texas, about twenty miles north east of downtown Dallas. He attended Texas A&M University and got a bachelor's degree in business in 1940.

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=34999537

(His son James Noble Crawford, Jr., whose obituary is linked to his father's, was born in 1943, thereby possibly making him the right age for the young man pictured in the post above, but he was born in New Orleans, not Greenville, Texas, and he attended the University of Texas, not Texas A&M.)

So, it looks like the "James N. Crawford" who witnessed the assassination and was later deposed by the Warren Commission was 44 years of age on 11/22/63, ruling him out, I think, as the youngish-looking man (who is wearing a short-sleeved white "dress" shirt and is hidden behind the sports-coated reporter in the above photo) who is the subject of this thread.

--Tommy :sun

PS The film clip from which the above "still" was taken is viewable starting at 24:37 of the National Geographic's Lost JFK Tapes DVD.

Edited by Thomas Graves