The Education Forum

CONGRATULATiONS, YOU'VE WON! hacking

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is everyone experiencing the same hacking I am whenever opening the JFK forum?

A very loud voice announces:

CONGRATULATiONS, YOU'VE WON!

...before the page opens.

This should be investigated.

Jack

It's a really annoying ad at the top of the page. The ad should be canceled. It is most annoying.

i got this about ten minutes ago ..it did not come up just now...b

This website has been reported as unsafe

educationforum.ipbhost.com

We recommend that you do not continue to this website.

Go to my home page instead

This website has been reported to Microsoft for containing threats to your computer that might reveal personal or financial information.

More information

This website has been reported to contain the following threats:

Malicious software threat: This site contains links to viruses or other software programs that can reveal personal information stored or typed on your computer to malicious persons.

Learn more about phishing

Learn more about malicious software

Report that this site does not contain threats

Disregard and continue (not recommended)

i found the copy i got finally...b

Edited by Bernice Moore

i got this about ten minutes ago ..it did not come up just now...b

This website has been reported as unsafe

educationforum.ipbhost.com

We recommend that you do not continue to this website.

Go to my home page instead

This website has been reported to Microsoft for containing threats to your computer that might reveal personal or financial information.

More information

This website has been reported to contain the following threats:

Malicious software threat: This site contains links to viruses or other software programs that can reveal personal information stored or typed on your computer to malicious persons.

Learn more about phishing

Learn more about malicious software

Report that this site does not contain threats

Disregard and continue (not recommended)

i found the copy i got finally...b

Hmmmm...the hackings of the DellaRosa website twice were traced to an Amsterdam ISP and seemed related

to postings regarding JVB.

just a rule of thumb......never click on advertisements on a web page. I you are interested in a product that someone has an ad for on a website, google search it and find a real website for that product. That's the only way to be real safe. Spyware on your computer is bad news.

I've stated it before, but due to experiences early on it is seldom that I follow a link. It is also why I have high lighted issues in various threads from cybergoons to what is a bot, (I alerted the US mil site to one of their images in their huge site being infected. I got a nice reply for that), but with some of the built in backdoors of Windows, which seems to get worse over time, (how do you crack it to separate from internet explorer? how do you crack it to boot straight to dos? does dos even exist anymore? a GUI has become a disk operating system.?) and the existence of super cookies,

Vista has flawed alerts.

I've stated it before, but due to experiences early on it is seldom that I follow a link. It is also why I have high lighted issues in various threads from cybergoons to what is a bot, (I alerted the US mil site to one of their images in their huge site being infected. I got a nice reply for that), but with some of the built in backdoors of Windows, which seems to get worse over time, (how do you crack it to separate from internet explorer? how do you crack it to boot straight to dos? does dos even exist anymore? a GUI has become a disk operating system.?) and the existence of super cookies,

Vista has flawed alerts.

John get yourself an old Apple Imac running OSX10.4 I have used all of their products for over 20 years I have never had one crash on me never lost data and never had a virus. And no I do not work for them.Ian

I believe you, Ian. The PROBLEM is that Macs of that generation are proprietary*. I choose PC, which ultimately means I chose Bill Gates and all the attendant problems and now they're getting married. I'd turn my eyes to Linus Torvalds.

edit:this that and the other * eg set out to get the right torxe(sic?) driver for example. find anything you can youself do anything with. The PC concept has taken the world, and within it is Microsoft. ''I shall rule the internet'' or something like that he said (the pie was fun tho).

Edited by John Dolva

Anyone who clicks on an ad in the belief that they have won something does at least get a lesson in common sense.

To those advocating not clicking on ANY ads, I say this: Without wanting to second guess what's on John's mind, given recent dramas, you may be making it just that much easier for him to decide to fold up his tent. According to publicly available data, revenue here from advertising is experiencing a slight decline already without taking a further battering.

A very loud voice announces:

CONGRATULATiONS, YOU'VE WON!

And apologies in advance if the voices in my head have been disturbing anyone else... :eek

Hello all,

Yes, the "You Won!" audio announcement is absurd, obviously untrue, and annoying. I sent John Simkin an email containing the image of a screen shot (similar to that posted by Bernice) only a few days after I joined the forum. The seriousness of this type of threat is not dependent upon "clicking" any of the advertising links. If only it were that simple.

I recommend running your anti-viral / anti-spyware / anti-EVERYTHING programs regularly and keep them up to date. I run mine EVERY SINGLE NIGHT on the highest security setting available.

GO_SECURE

monk