John Armstrong emailed me that he would like to join the forum,

but that when he tried to sign up, he got a message that the forum

is no longer accepting members.

What is going on?

John wants to correct some misconceptions about Harvey&Lee which

are being posted by people who have not read the book. Why is he

not allowed to join?

Jack

As you've probably noticed, new members are still being accepted. (Greg Burnham, Doug Weldon, and Martin Hay are all new members.) If you send Armstrong's email address to John Simkin, I suspect there'll be no problem.

What is going on?

not allowed to join?

Jack

As you've probably noticed, new members are still being accepted. (Greg Burnham, Doug Weldon, and Martin Hay are all new members.) If you send Armstrong's email address to John Simkin, I suspect there'll be no problem.

True Story!

Even when I joined it was closed and that has been about 2 years!

(betcha wish ya locked the door now lol)

What is going on?

not allowed to join?

Jack

I was about to post the same response, then suspected that I wouldn't be telling Jack White anything he didn't already know. It seems clear he opted for his approach for a reason.

I've always respected John Armstrong for his efforts. I've loaned and given away numerous copies of Harvey & Lee to my friends.

What is going on?

not allowed to join?

Jack

I was about to post the same response, then suspected that I wouldn't be telling Jack White anything he didn't already know. It seems clear he opted for his approach for a reason.

I've always respected John Armstrong for his efforts. I've loaned and given away numerous copies of Harvey & Lee to my friends.

Michael I wish I was your friend that you would give away a copy of Harvey & Lee too, because my wife would kill me if I drop another $100.00 on a book :rolleyes:

What is going on?

not allowed to join?

Jack

Michael I wish I was your friend that you would give away a copy of Harvey & Lee too, because my wife would kill me if I drop another $100.00 on a book :rolleyes:

It is about $70 including priority postage from Andy at Last Hurrah. It is a very important book

Best,

Doug Weldon

New members wanting to join the Education Forum need to contact John Simkin, (or perhaps Evan Burton can help nowadays too). A photo as an avatar as well as a biography are required. The bio needs to be linked to the new member's signature.

Antti

What is going on?

not allowed to join?

Jack

Message sent to everyone who applies:

If you send me a biography and photograph I will register you. See the following for examples:

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showforum=37

John Simkin

johnsimkin1945@hotmail.com

Far out.

That is great.

(I wonder if he can get Soerensen to join.)

Hey Dean,

Pay for the shipping and I'll lend you my copy.

Greg thank you so much for your kind offer but I would like to own the book

If that means paying $70.00 from The Last Hurrah then I will do that because I know how important this book is and I should have bought it when it came out but I kept slacking while the price kept rising

Im glad I didnt do that with all the other books I own that are now sell for top dollar

I guess I will have to sleep on the couch for a night

Its worth it :unsure:

Hey Dean,

If that means paying $70.00 from The Last Hurrah then I will do that because I know how important this book is and I should have bought it when it came out but I kept slacking while the price kept rising

Im glad I didnt do that with all the other books I own that are now sell for top dollar

Its worth it :unsure:

Dean,

You might want to try Shelby DellaRosa first. I don't know if she has any available for sale at JFKresearch, but if so (and if the price is right) I'm sure she'd appreciate the revenue.

Hey Dean,

Its worth it :)

The book was $50 when it came out. It is on e-bay for $135 plus postage. I have seen it as high as $250. It is a huge book with a cd and comes with a sleeve. Both Shelby and Andy are good to get it through. I believe only 2000 copies were printed so its value will only increase.

Best,

Doug Weldon

Hey Dean,

Its worth it :)

The book was $50 when it came out. It is on e-bay for $135 plus postage. I have seen it as high as $250. It is a huge book with a cd and comes with a sleeve. Both Shelby and Andy are good to get it through. I believe only 2000 copies were printed so its value will only increase.

Best,

Doug Weldon

If nothing else, it is an invaluable resource, at the very least. Although it is highly unlikely that any author will be 100% "on the mark" in all of their conclusions--still, some works are "over the top" in their contribution. This is one of them, IMO.