The Education Forum

Hughes Frame as the limo turns on to Elm

Guest Duncan MacRae

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Robin.

For anyone having difficulty seeing the face, I've created an outline of the Oswald face, with a bit of " Artist's Licence " for the bottom of the face which is hidden.

oswaldart.gif

Wow!

Great job on this study Duncan

Very cool

Have you taken another look at the snipers nest in Bronson when he is filming the seizure before the assassination?

What is the light-colored columnar shape in the easternmost window (as seen from the street in Hughes), in the foreground behind the window frame, and thus below the face depicted?

EDIT: I'm just trying to determine if people believe that this perpendicular shape (in image at top of post #1 and at top of post #27 just below) is a standing person's torso in the window frame, and if people feel that it aligns with the face image.

Edited by David Andrews

I can see the outline of a human shape

As far as a familar face can you expand on that Duncan

Sorry Dean, I can't expand on it. I just see a face like you do, and wondered if anyone thought it looked like Oswald.

I also noticed this.

sman-1.png

Duncan,

In order to not be influenced by other member's opinions, I refrained from scrolling down the page until, upon looking at your post #1 bottom photo for about a minute, lo-and- behold a man's face "came" to me. He's just to the left of center and he's in the upper half and most of his hairline is cut off by the window. He's looking both to his right and down just a bit. Given his narrow face and his pointed chin and his partially-visible hairline and his prominent eyebrows, my impression is that he resembles LHO. Maybe a LHO lookalike was stationed there?

--Thomas

Well, I blew it. After looking at the photo in post #24, I realized that the "face" I had seen was much smaller that the one Duncan had seen and comprised only the right forehead area (above the person's right eye) of the face outlined by Duncan. The scale of the photos threw me off, I guess. A classic case of not being able to see the forest for the trees.

--Thomas

Edited by Thomas Graves

Duncan, this was discussed on pages 246 through 249 of Six Seconds. I compared the Weaver photo with some frames from Hughes and came to pretty much your conclusion. Will you take a look at it and let me know what you think? Thanks.

Josiah Thompson

Josiah,

Believe it or not, I have never read Six Seconds, only exerpts which other researchers have pointed me to, so I was unaware of your study when doing my study.

It's extremely interesting that we both come to the same conclusion independantly, so many years apart, and with me having no knowledge of your study.

I will now try to get the book. In the meantime, do you know of any source online where I can go to view pages 246 through 249 ?

Duncan MacRae

I took Six Seconds off the shelf and scanned pages 246, 247, 248 and 249. I'm not surprised at all that you hadn't read it. It's an old book and forty years have made parts of it obsolete. Like you, I always thought the Hughes frames indicated someone was standing at the next window over on the Sixth Floor. Then, when I found the Weaver photo in the Archives, it seemed to suggest the same thing. The scans I'm providing came from the book.

6Secondsp245.jpg

6Secondsp246.jpg

6Secondsp247.jpg

6Secondsp248.jpg

Josiah Thompson

I think it is a matter of not seeing the real pixels for the created ones. It looks to me like the original was about 6 by 3 pixels.

One may choose anything on an image and massage it into looking like something . I'm not saying there isn't something there but that it will always remain speculative as to what it is as opposed to what one might like it to be unless the best original (unaltered in any way whatsoever) copy is used as a basis for testing and then commenting.

The blurs are replicated in other items on the blurred Hughes frames. ie not a significant consideration for movement in this instance

The Bell frames are taken from (likely) HDH's office about 2+ hours after the assassination, the sun had significantly changed location and hence that which is illuminated.

Robin's suggestion of boxes is valid for consideration.

When not even the pointing of brick mortar is differentiated how could one possibly id LHO behind a (dirty) window.

By triangulating the various images?