The Education Forum

Hughes Frame as the limo turns on to Elm

Guest Duncan MacRae

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could the human shape in the window just be part of the 6th floor box arrangement. ?

A similar shape still appears to be there in Willis #12 taken much later

Was the upright shape in Hughes a torso in an Oswald-style white T-shirt, standing just behind the gun-rest boxes, with the two blurred together?

(See post #33. I meant to put the second image in here.)

I'm suggesting that the next photoanalytical steps are to look for torso/T-shirt indices, and to determine if this body and face align realistically. Other people may have wiser suggestions.

NB from the Devil's Advocate: If you're planning to peg one window as the sole sniper's nest, and can count on no intrusion by security, it's not a bad idea to stand up a man-sized stack of boxes to provide some trompe l'oeil confusion.

Edited by David Andrews

Duncan. I think these studies are valuable irrespective of conclusions so it's right not to get too attached to the outcome but to always see them as an opportunity to further knowledge.

When you say window pane I presume you mean the four paned sliding window, and particularly there the the distance between the outer edges of two panes re the dimension (38").

The floor itself is not far below the top of the window sill.

Don,

Of course I think it was Oswald.

Duncan MacRae

Gosh Duncan I hope you are kidding us. The evidence against Lee Oswald is pretty flimsy to begin with, but this photo has got to be the weakest piece of "evidence" in the history of the world. Talk about wishful thinking!

This thread leaves the impression that Josiah Thompson agrees with your theory.

Say it ain't so, Josiah.

Many, I'm sure, like me, have learnt much. I appreciate the sharing of imagery and information. (for me, finally having a sketch of sizes is great, plus the images provided, and thank you, Duncan, for making it all possible, and I hope more will follow.)

How much blur is there?

How high above the floor is the head?

Don,

Of course I think it was Oswald.

Duncan MacRae

Gosh Duncan I hope you are kidding us. The evidence against Lee Oswald is pretty flimsy to begin with, but this photo has got to be the weakest piece of "evidence" in the history of the world. Talk about wishful thinking!

This thread leaves the impression that Josiah Thompson agrees with your theory.

Say it ain't so, Josiah.

It ain't so. What I agreed with was the claim that the shape of a figure could be seen in the next pair of windows to the west of the sniper's nest on the 6th Floor.

Josiah Thompson

Duncan, thank you. The exact figures can prove essential in other issues. How high above the floor is the face?

Joshiah, exactly, that is what you said and you also properly recognised that movement could be due to blurring. Imo, a proper approach. Suggestions but no conclusions where factors are such that other exlanations exist, yet leaving the door open for a closer look. To me that's far better than a belief causing a conclusion.

I think that Duncan pursuing this is good. It should to be run to ground, wherever that may be. Same with all other enquiries. We're not limited by personnell and budget as a government agency would.

edit add: the height of an average human body is about 7.5 times the height of the head.

Edited by John Dolva

Interesting. How high were the boxes that could possibly have been there? Also interesting in this photo the lifting of the window and the different floor to top of brick ledge dimension compared to the drawing. Also I wonder if the photographed ruler not being plumb (in 3D) makes a difference at all and if so, how much? Note how he also tucks his left shoulder around the pipe.

I can see the outline of a human shape

As far as a familar face can you expand on that Duncan

Sorry Dean, I can't expand on it. I just see a face like you do, and wondered if anyone thought it looked like Oswald.

I also noticed this.

sman-1.png

I have to be honest. Yes, to me it does look like Oswald. John Armstrong said Lee Oswald was shooting out that window. Then he went out of the TSBD from the back exit, came down the hill on Elm St and got into a Rambler.

Kathy C

Skaggs #14 Crop

Associated Timeline, Image below is Skaggs #16 Crop

In the photo look at the man in a suit, facing away from the camera. He's in the second "column" area, for lack of a better word. He looks taller than people around him. Could it possibly be George HW Bush?

Now that I made the post, I can't see the pictures! What gives?

Kathy C

Edited by Kathleen Collins