The Education Forum

The Missed Shot = Conspiracy

First off I'd love to say hi to all and seeing that this board really has all the heavy hitters from my youth! Really the reason I got into the JFK case was because of the 1980's documentaries and I see allot of those researchers are on here!

As for my Theory... I have seen it is picking up steam! The great people of MaryFerrell.org liked my point of view of something I feel has been pretty much glossed over for the most part. We see most people always focusing on the 2nd shot (magic bullet) & the 3rd (head shot), but really the whole case comes down to the First Missed Shot! That is the key to conspiracy! The angles don't match, the timing makes no sense & there is a bunch of Why would anyone do that?? We have seen crazy theories from John McAdams, Gerald Posner trying to explain what they can't with the missed shot! One says it's the 3rd shot coming from JFK's head - hitting the windshield then hitting the curb (ignoring evidence from a officer saying it was the 1st shot - not the 3rd) & another saying it hit the tree even though the tree wasn't anywhere near JFK in Oswalds scope at the 157-160 Z-frame mark.

This is the most important time because as soon as Tom Hanks project comes out, we will see the national media want to accept that and put everything else to bed with this case in the mainstream on it's 50th year. It's all set up, we all know how they have ignored evidence.

I havent really promoted my little quick site and when you see the site it's one page and pretty simple, but to the point! The people at Mary Ferrell was the first place I posted and after that I emailed a bunch of news outlets without any response. But I have now seen Jesse Ventura was on the Joy Behar Show on March 11th I believe and brought up my theory pretty quickly but to the tee.. Since then I have tried posting on his board - hoping he will do a full hour on JFK's The Missed Shot!

So this is the time to get this out there, before Tom Hanks & the mainstream media whitewash the truth and ignore something that is right out there in plan site!

Remember when The Lapel Evidence came out to The Magic Bullet - The Missed Shot is that same kind of evidence...

=======================================

Ok...

The Missed Shot is at Z-Frame 157 but we have to remember the sound has to hit Zapruder's ears to have him shake the camera which Z-Frame 160. But people we are talking about less then a second here... frame to frame. THIS is the POINT of the First Shot which Missed!!

* The House Select Committee's expert Photographic Evidence Panel's analysis of the Zapruder film placed a possible shot "at frames 158-160," based upon the blurring of the film at this point. "The most interesting thing about this hypothetical shot," the panel writes, "is that Mrs. Kennedy and Governor Connally testified before the Warren Commission and Governor Connally testified before the House Select Committee that they turned to their right when they heard the first shot, and both are seen in the film beginning a turn to the right immediately after this hypothetical shot. This appears particularly striking in the case of Governor Connally, whose head turns from mid-left to far right in less than half a second, beginning at frame 162."

* Around Zapruder frame 160-165 Rosemary Willis, who has been running on the grass alongside the President's limousine, begins to slow down; by frame 190 she has come to a complete halt. "I stopped when I heard the shot," she says. "In that first split second, I thought it was a firecracker. But within maybe one-tenth of a second, I knew it was a gun shot."

* Governor John Connally's head turns sharply to the right around Zapruder frames 161-162, Between Z 162 and 167, the Governor suddenly jerks his head to the right.

* The House Select Committee on Assassination's Photographic Panel said "The first reaction by any of the limousine occupants to a severe external stimulus begins to occur in the vicinity of Zapruder frames 162-167..."

Mostly....

The Warren Commission even took a photo of The Missed Shot. They clearly show a rifle scope around their JFK double in their reenactments.

wh_vol17_0454a.jpg

==============================

The Angles:

--------------

Here is a Photo I didn't personally take, but it shows the angle of basically where "The Target" ie: JFK's Limo was at the point of the first Missed Shot. LOOK at the steep angle! Look how Oswald would have had to aim his rifle "Sharply" DOWN!

point_of_view_of_z160.jpg

Now...

Here is a Photo I personally didn't take, but The Actual Angle of The Missed Shot where The Curb was struck is a completely different angle to where Oswald would be aiming! If he was trying to shoot JFK he would be aiming DOWN.. NOT this angle. Look at the difference!!

point_of_view_from_tague.jpg

Totally different angles! The LIMO is under Oswald at the point of this first Missed Shot at Z-Frame 160.

====================

Motorcycle Officer (Sergeant) Stavis Ellis: Proving The FIRST Shot was the MISSED Shot!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Motorcycle Officer (Sergeant) Stavis Ellis: That's when the first shot was fired. I was looking directly at the President, and I saw the concrete burst into a cloud of dust when that bullet hit the curb. . . . Then, while looking back at the President, I heard the second shot. The President became rigid and grabbed his neck."

On August 5, 1978, the committee received information from former Dallas policeman Stavis Ellis that Ellis had also seen a missile hit the ground in the area of the motorcade at the time of the assassination. Ellis said he rode on a motorcycle alongside the first car in the motorcade, approximately 100 to 125 feet in front of the car carrying President Kennedy. Ellis said that just as he started down the hill of Elm Street, he looked back toward President Kennedy's car and saw debris come up from the ground at a nearby curb.

========================

Questions of WHY:

---------------------

* WHY was Lee Oswald aiming his rifle 125 feet IN FRONT of "His Target"??

* WHY was Lee Oswald not aiming DOWN but he had his body turned to his right and the angle is completely different?

* WHY did Lee Oswald watch the Limo go down Houston... turn the corner... have The Limo RIGHT under him with the easiest shot... BUT aim the rifle 125 feet in front of JFK's Limo???

Because nothing was in the way of his wide open shot as the Warren Commission Re-enactment Photo 100% proves!

wh_vol17_0454a.jpg

==========================

- Where's the Tree? At the most, you would hit the very end of a twig.

- Where's the Traffic Light? Its behind the Limo about 12+ feet.

Nothing is around The Limo. It is in the WIDE OPEN! NOW, Look at the angle, you are pointing straight down!

*Now to hit The Curb, you have to lift your arms up, twist your body to the right about 45 degrees to hit The Curb where James Tague was located. THE ANGLES just don't work!

**Bottomline:

CLEARLY The Warren Commission knew this was the first shot - missed shot - a shot... Because in the photo they photographed a Rifle Scope around the JFK Re-enactment Double.

WHY would you aim a Rifle 125 feet infront of the target???? You are watching The Limo come up Houston Street... then TURN onto Elm Street. The LIMO is right under you!!! WHY are you aiming at a totally different angle & 125 feet IN FRONT of where your target is?

=======================

Bottomline:

------------

* The Warren Commission Re-enactment Photo with a Double proves they knew from watching the Zapruder Film that THIS was "A Shot". Which lines up with Z-Frame 160.

* Motorcycle Officer Stavis Ellis statement of it being the First shot and seeing the next 2 shots proves that the missed shot was the first shot!

"Motorcycle Officer (Sergeant) Stavis Ellis: That's when the first shot was fired. I was looking directly at the President, and I saw the concrete burst into a cloud of dust when that bullet hit the curb. . . . Then, while looking back at the President, I heard the second shot. The President became rigid and grabbed his neck."

WHY was Oswald aiming 125 feet in front of the limo at a totally different angle?

??????

Thanks for listening to my theory - if the photos don't pop up, check out my One Page site on The Missed Shot.

www.TheMissedShot.8m.com

Take Care,

Patrick

Edited by Patrick Moriarty

First off I'd love to say hi to all and seeing that this board really has all the heavy hitters from my youth! Really the reason I got into the JFK case was because of the 1980's documentaries and I see allot of those researchers are on here!

As for my Theory... I have seen it is picking up steam! The great people of MaryFerrell.org liked my point of view of something I feel has been pretty much glossed over for the most part. We see most people always focusing on the 2nd shot (magic bullet) & the 3rd (head shot), but really the whole case comes down to the First Missed Shot! That is the key to conspiracy! The angles don't match, the timing makes no sense & there is a bunch of Why would anyone do that?? We have seen crazy theories from John McAdams, Gerald Posner trying to explain what they can't with the missed shot! One says it's the 3rd shot coming from JFK's head - hitting the windshield then hitting the curb (ignoring evidence from a officer saying it was the 1st shot - not the 3rd) & another saying it hit the tree even though the tree wasn't anywhere near JFK in Oswalds scope at the 157-160 Z-frame mark.

This is the most important time because as soon as Tom Hanks project comes out, we will see the national media want to accept that and put everything else to bed with this case in the mainstream on it's 50th year. It's all set up, we all know how they have ignored evidence.

I havent really promoted my little quick site and when you see the site it's one page and pretty simple, but to the point! The people at Mary Ferrell was the first place I posted and after that I emailed a bunch of news outlets without any response. But I have now seen Jesse Ventura was on the Joy Behar Show on March 11th I believe and brought up my theory pretty quickly but to the tee.. Since then I have tried posting on his board - hoping he will do a full hour on JFK's The Missed Shot!

So this is the time to get this out there, before Tom Hanks & the mainstream media whitewash the truth and ignore something that is right out there in plan site!

Remember when The Lapel Evidence came out to The Magic Bullet - The Missed Shot is that same kind of evidence...

Ok...

The Missed Shot is at Z-Frame 157 but we have to remember the sound has to hit Zapruder's ears to have him shake the camera which Z-Frame 160. But people we are talking about less then a second here... frame to frame. THIS is the POINT of the First Shot which Missed!!

* The House Select Committee's expert Photographic Evidence Panel's analysis of the Zapruder film placed a possible shot "at frames 158-160," based upon the blurring of the film at this point. "The most interesting thing about this hypothetical shot," the panel writes, "is that Mrs. Kennedy and Governor Connally testified before the Warren Commission and Governor Connally testified before the House Select Committee that they turned to their right when they heard the first shot, and both are seen in the film beginning a turn to the right immediately after this hypothetical shot. This appears particularly striking in the case of Governor Connally, whose head turns from mid-left to far right in less than half a second, beginning at frame 162."

* Around Zapruder frame 160-165 Rosemary Willis, who has been running on the grass alongside the President's limousine, begins to slow down; by frame 190 she has come to a complete halt. "I stopped when I heard the shot," she says. "In that first split second, I thought it was a firecracker. But within maybe one-tenth of a second, I knew it was a gun shot."

* Governor John Connally's head turns sharply to the right around Zapruder frames 161-162, Between Z 162 and 167, the Governor suddenly jerks his head to the right.

* The House Select Committee on Assassination's Photographic Panel said "The first reaction by any of the limousine occupants to a severe external stimulus begins to occur in the vicinity of Zapruder frames 162-167..."

Mostly....

The Warren Commission even took a photo of The Missed Shot. They clearly show a rifle scope around their JFK double in their reenactments.

wh_vol17_0454a.jpg

The Angles:

--------------

Here is a Photo I didn't personally take, but it shows the angle of basically where "The Target" ie: JFK's Limo was at the point of the first Missed Shot. LOOK at the steep angle! Look how Oswald would have had to aim his rifle "Sharply" DOWN!

Now...

Here is a Photo I personally didn't take, but The Actual Angle of The Missed Shot where The Curb was struck is a completely different angle to where Oswald would be aiming! If he was trying to shoot JFK he would be aiming DOWN.. NOT this angle. Look at the difference!!

Totally different angles! The LIMO is under Oswald at the point of this first Missed Shot at Z-Frame 160.

====================

Motorcycle Officer (Sergeant) Stavis Ellis: Proving The FIRST Shot was the MISSED Shot!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Motorcycle Officer (Sergeant) Stavis Ellis: That's when the first shot was fired. I was looking directly at the President, and I saw the concrete burst into a cloud of dust when that bullet hit the curb. . . . Then, while looking back at the President, I heard the second shot. The President became rigid and grabbed his neck."

On August 5, 1978, the committee received information from former Dallas policeman Stavis Ellis that Ellis had also seen a missile hit the ground in the area of the motorcade at the time of the assassination. Ellis said he rode on a motorcycle alongside the first car in the motorcade, approximately 100 to 125 feet in front of the car carrying President Kennedy. Ellis said that just as he started down the hill of Elm Street, he looked back toward President Kennedy's car and saw debris come up from the ground at a nearby curb.

========================

Questions of WHY:

---------------------

* WHY was Lee Oswald not aiming DOWN but he had his body turned to his right and the angle is completely different?

* WHY did Lee Oswald watch the Limo go down Houston... turn the corner... have The Limo RIGHT under him with the easiest shot... BUT aim the rifle 125 feet in front of JFK's Limo???

Because nothing was in the way of his wide open shot as the Warren Commission Re-enactment Photo 100% proves!

wh_vol17_0454a.jpg

Nothing is around The Limo. It is in the WIDE OPEN! NOW, Look at the angle, you are pointing straight down!

*Now to hit The Curb, you have to lift your arms up, twist your body to the right about 45 degrees to hit The Curb where James Tague was located. THE ANGLES just don't work!

**Bottomline:

CLEARLY The Warren Commission knew this was the first shot - missed shot - a shot... Because in the photo they photographed a Rifle Scope around the JFK Re-enactment Double.

WHY would you aim a Rifle 125 feet infront of the target???? You are watching The Limo come up Houston Street... then TURN onto Elm Street. The LIMO is right under you!!! WHY are you aiming at a totally different angle & 125 feet IN FRONT of where your target is?

=======================

Bottomline:

------------

* The Warren Commission Re-enactment Photo with a Double proves they knew from watching the Zapruder Film that THIS was "A Shot". Which lines up with Z-Frame 160.

* Motorcycle Officer Stavis Ellis statement of it being the First shot and seeing the next 2 shots proves that the missed shot was the first shot!

"Motorcycle Officer (Sergeant) Stavis Ellis: That's when the first shot was fired. I was looking directly at the President, and I saw the concrete burst into a cloud of dust when that bullet hit the curb. . . . Then, while looking back at the President, I heard the second shot. The President became rigid and grabbed his neck."

WHY was Oswald aiming 125 feet in front of the limo at a totally different angle?

??????

Thanks for listening to my theory - if the photos don't pop up, check out my One Page site on The Missed Shot.

www.TheMissedShot.8m.com

Take Care,

Patrick

How would you then explain that just .79 seconds later the reaction from JFK is to raise his right hand, and begin his final wave?

If the rest of the limo occupants are reacting to a gunshot why was he just calmly beginning to wave?

Additionally Why do we have testimony from Willis who says the first shot hit the President, and his photo in relation to that shot at z202?

Consider.

Phil Willis

We know that Phil Willis took his famous photo Willis 5, and that it relates to Zapruder frame 202. In the testimony of Mr. Willis we find some interesting statements.

We find that his photo was snapped in reaction to the sound of the rifle shot. (7H493) We also find that this shot, according to Willis, “was hit” He tells us that this shot struck the President (7H493) “…and I got a picture of the President AS he was hit with the first shot” (7H493)

So lets take a closer look at this photo and work a little timeline into effect.

Phil Willis was 140 feet from the muzzle of the rifle at 202. It would have taken the sound .1238937 seconds to reach Willis, once that sound reached him we would have to add in a reaction time to snap the photo. According to my Shot timer tests, this time would be .235 seconds. By adding .235 and .1238937 seconds we arrive at the shutter being snapped .3588937 seconds after the shot was fired. .3588937 seconds divided by .054644808 gives us 6.56, say 6.6 z frames. This means the trigger was pulled at 195.4.

Zapruder tells us that the President leaned towards his wife after the first shot (corroborating Willis). Since JFK is already reacting coming out from behind the sign, where Zapruder could not see him, then obviously Zapruder observed this before JFK went behind the sign.

Also consider.

Hugh Betzner who says he was "I was running trying to keep the President's car in my view and was winding my film as I ran. I was looking down at my camera to see the number of the film as I ran. I took another picture as the President's car was going down the hill on Elm Street. I started to wind my film again and I heard a loud noise."

Betzner was moving rapidly to take photos.

Betzner took his Betzner 3 photo at 186, and in his testimony he tells us that He took this photo and started to wind his camera when he heard the first shot. (24H200)

At 202 Betzner was 117 feet from the muzzle of the rifle. If the shot were fired at 195.4 the sound would reach Betzner .103539735 seconds later, or 1.9 Z frames, which puts the sound reaching Betzner at 197.3. If he took his previous photo at 186 then he heard the shot at 197.3 did he have enough time to take the 186 photo and begin to wind his camera?

197.3 subtract 186 leaves us with 11.3 Z frames. 11.3 times .054644808 is .617 seconds.

I tested this out with a simple stop watch. I held it in front of my face like a camera, and hit the start button to simulate taking a photo, then I lowered it and hit the stop button. My times were as follows:

.66, .50, .53, .47, .50, .72, .63, .63, .63, .66, for an average of .593 seconds.

I stand convinced that Betzner could very well have taken the 186 photo and just begun to wind the film when the shot rang out.

Far more evidence is to be had for a shot in the late 190's. I have much more but this should suffice.

I would say that one can not base an entire theory on the turn of a head during a noisy motorcade.

Ok...

Mostly....

wh_vol17_0454a.jpg

The Angles:

--------------

Now...

====================

========================

Questions of WHY:

---------------------

wh_vol17_0454a.jpg

**Bottomline:

=======================

Bottomline:

------------

??????

www.TheMissedShot.8m.com

Take Care,

Patrick

How would you then explain that just .79 seconds later the reaction from JFK is to raise his right hand, and begin his final wave?

If the rest of the limo occupants are reacting to a gunshot why was he just calmly beginning to wave?

Additionally Why do we have testimony from Willis who says the first shot hit the President, and his photo in relation to that shot at z202?

Consider.

Phil Willis

We know that Phil Willis took his famous photo Willis 5, and that it relates to Zapruder frame 202. In the testimony of Mr. Willis we find some interesting statements.

We find that his photo was snapped in reaction to the sound of the rifle shot. (7H493) We also find that this shot, according to Willis, “was hit” He tells us that this shot struck the President (7H493) “…and I got a picture of the President AS he was hit with the first shot” (7H493)

So lets take a closer look at this photo and work a little timeline into effect.

Phil Willis was 140 feet from the muzzle of the rifle at 202. It would have taken the sound .1238937 seconds to reach Willis, once that sound reached him we would have to add in a reaction time to snap the photo. According to my Shot timer tests, this time would be .235 seconds. By adding .235 and .1238937 seconds we arrive at the shutter being snapped .3588937 seconds after the shot was fired. .3588937 seconds divided by .054644808 gives us 6.56, say 6.6 z frames. This means the trigger was pulled at 195.4.

Zapruder tells us that the President leaned towards his wife after the first shot (corroborating Willis). Since JFK is already reacting coming out from behind the sign, where Zapruder could not see him, then obviously Zapruder observed this before JFK went behind the sign.

Also consider.

Hugh Betzner who says he was "I was running trying to keep the President's car in my view and was winding my film as I ran. I was looking down at my camera to see the number of the film as I ran. I took another picture as the President's car was going down the hill on Elm Street. I started to wind my film again and I heard a loud noise."

Betzner was moving rapidly to take photos.

Betzner took his Betzner 3 photo at 186, and in his testimony he tells us that He took this photo and started to wind his camera when he heard the first shot. (24H200)

At 202 Betzner was 117 feet from the muzzle of the rifle. If the shot were fired at 195.4 the sound would reach Betzner .103539735 seconds later, or 1.9 Z frames, which puts the sound reaching Betzner at 197.3. If he took his previous photo at 186 then he heard the shot at 197.3 did he have enough time to take the 186 photo and begin to wind his camera?

197.3 subtract 186 leaves us with 11.3 Z frames. 11.3 times .054644808 is .617 seconds.

I tested this out with a simple stop watch. I held it in front of my face like a camera, and hit the start button to simulate taking a photo, then I lowered it and hit the stop button. My times were as follows:

.66, .50, .53, .47, .50, .72, .63, .63, .63, .66, for an average of .593 seconds.

I stand convinced that Betzner could very well have taken the 186 photo and just begun to wind the film when the shot rang out.

Far more evidence is to be had for a shot in the late 190's. I have much more but this should suffice.

I would say that one can not base an entire theory on the turn of a head during a noisy motorcade.

Mike!

Kindly cease to confuse others with facts!

Tom

Something Kennedy was probably used to more than many, was that a cop harley would be running pretty hot by now and backfiring a fair bit.

Ok...

Mostly....

wh_vol17_0454a.jpg

The Angles:

--------------

Now...

====================

========================

Questions of WHY:

---------------------

wh_vol17_0454a.jpg

**Bottomline:

=======================

Bottomline:

------------

??????

www.TheMissedShot.8m.com

Take Care,

Patrick

Patrick, I fully agree with you, that Oswald (or anyone else in the alleged sniper's nest) did not fire a shot around 160. Therefore, if such a shot was fired, it had to have come from elsewhere. Recently, I put together a presentation which analyzes the shooting from start to finish. It addresses the early shots and their source. I you get a chance, I hope you can take a look at it.

The complete presentation in Quicktime format can be seen here:

http://www.jfkhistory.com/ALL/ALL.mov

It is also on Youtube, broken into parts, in order to stay within their time limits. This is part 1.

Thanks for the excellent analysis.

Robert Harris