The Education Forum

1964 Jackie Kennedy interviews to be published

For the same reason they set off 2 nukes on Japan, when Japan was trying to surrender.

It is all about the elements of fear and control.

They wanted lasting visual effects in all elected officials, that we call the shots and we'll kill you too unless you do what we tell you to do.

Edited by Jim Phelps

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought that report was BS when I read it.

But that is the British tabloid scene.

I don't think it is bullxxxx. It was also in the National Enquirer months ago, they may be a tabloid but are usually spot on

(ask John Edwards for example). ABC likely edited that out of the tapes is my guess. The big story here is that Caroline is releasing them

now, not 75 years after her death as her mother wished. One has to wonder why. I have my reasons. The book complete with cds can be preordered at Amazon. I ordered mine

a few days ago.

Dawn

I don't think it is bullxxxx. It was also in the National Enquirer months ago, they may be a tabloid but are usually spot on

(ask John Edwards for example). ABC likely edited that out of the tapes is my guess. The big story here is that Caroline is releasing them

now, not 75 years after her death as her mother wished. One has to wonder why. I have my reasons. The book complete with cds can be preordered at Amazon. I ordered mine

a few days ago.

Dawn

I think most of us in those first few days thought LBJ was involved. I sure did, at 14. Jackie refused to change her blood covered clothing. So that the "world can see what you did to my husband".

One has to wonder to whom she was referring. And if she did not offer her private thoughts on the assassination why did the tapes have to be kept secret for so long?

I think JFK Jr was murdered -(plenty of proof online, spend some time on google)- and that Caroline herself may have been threatened when she was about to run for office.

Because this is entirely out of character for her.

Dawn

Why things were so difficult in Berlin for JFK was these JBS nuts, and they caused the divide that made the Berlin Wall. The JBS were intent on aggrivating all the Communist issues and they screwed over many Peace making processes.

Oh yeah, but for the JBS everything would have been rosy between the US and USSR!!

The Berlin Wall was erected to prevent East Germans from escaping to West Berlin.

Jackie refused to change her blood covered clothing. So that the "world can see what you did to my husband".

No she said "they did to my husband".

One has to wonder to whom she was referring. And if she did not offer her private thoughts on the assassination why did the tapes have to be kept secret for so long?

Perhaps she didn't want them released in her lifetime

I think that Caroline Kennedys decision not to abide by her mother's 50 year timetable and release these tapes early is a good precedent that should be adopted across the board.

If we ever get the Congress to conduct JFK Act Oversight hearings, one of the things they should be requested to consider is the acceleration of the release of the records that come under the JFK Act, and instead of waiting until 2017 for the release of the final records, they should be released by 2013 in conjunction with the 50th anniversary of his death, as Dan Alcorn has proposed.

Good idea to use the 50th as a new energy push to force out the truths on JFK. It is time to get all of it out there as these very same corrupt forces appear to be trying to ruin the US today.

Most of the present company excluded, there are some that don't know the Berlin history and that of Khrushchev and his peace with the West. Khrushchev's Berlin fixes began in Nov. 1958, the same year that Robert Welch got all worked up on Communism and kicked off the JBS on Dec 9, 1958 to take on US foreign policy. Castro takes over Cuba on Jan. 1, 1959, after his success with the 26th of July 1958 movement. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Birch_Society )

====

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berlin_Crisis_of_1961

In November 1958, Soviet Premier Nikita Khrushchev issued an ultimatum giving the Western powers six months to agree to withdraw from Berlin and make it a free, demilitarized city.

=====

Robert Welch's JBS meddling in foreign policy matters so inflamed Khrushchev that he called them out by name for inflaming problems and Pravda went after them:

=========

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=18014&st=45

But Welch did not wait for "time" to reveal what was already obvious. In the February 1959 issue of American Opinion, he published a concise but withering expose of Castro's Red bona tides. That was followed in April with the entire issue of American Opinion devoted to fully documenting "the fact that Castro was, and all of his adult life had been, a vicious, lying, brutal, murdering Communist." If such a statement seems self-evident today, please be informed that at the time Comrade Fidel was being celebrated as an anti-Communist. According to the Eisenhower administration, the NYT's, U.S. State Department, Harvard University, Reader's Digest, and virtually the entire Establishment media chorus, Castro was the "George Washington" of Cuba.

---

All of which went a long way toward establishing the credibility of Robert Welch and the Birch Society with all who had eyes to see. Moreover, the American people were becoming more and more outraged and were demanding to know how it could be that our government had made yet another terrible mistake, this time installing a Communist dictator on our very doorstep.

In its first months of existence, the Society scored a major victory by organizing a nationwide protest against the 1959 Eisenhower-Khrushchev Summit and the exchange visits in Moscow and Washington planned for the two leaders as a send-up before the summit. The JBS hastily organized the Committee Against Summit Entanglements, with Robert Welch serving as chairman.

Public reaction was so favorable to the Birch ad campaign, and so unfavorable to President Eisenhower's overtures toward the "Butcher of Budapest," that Khrushchev's anticipated propaganda coup was a crashing failure and the Eisenhower return visit to Moscow was called off. Once back in Moscow, a furious Khrushchev delivered a scathing speech reporting on his visit. "There are forces in the United States working against us," he said. "They must be publicly whipped, subjected to the torments of Hell!"

Those torments were not long in coming. The Communist attack was launched on February 25, 1961, with a lead smear in People's World, an official newspaper of the Communist Party, under the headline "Enter (from stage right) the John Birch Society." The Society found itself falsely accused of racism, anti-Semitism, fascism, Nazism, Ku Kluxism, and the entire litany of defamatory labels. Birchers were called paranoids, extremists, radicals, super-patriots, hatemongers, bigots, subversives, lunatics, and fanatics.

===========

So, by the time that JFK encountered Khrushchev in Vienna in June of 61, Khrushchev was fit to be tied about the aggessive methods of the West and cut JFK to bits. This meeting came after the April 17, 61 botched Bay of Pigs scheme, which was all tied to JBS meddling with DDE and Nixon appeasing them. The process infected the JCS via Lemnitzer and LeMay, and Gen. Walker. It'd take a year or so for JFK to calm Khrushchev back down and start making Peace overtures again.

The situation was so tense that the Russians used their back channels in New York with Dimitri Polykov, with the FBI's counter intelligence watching, to check if the US and JFK would go to war over Berlin and found the answer was Yes, so they built the wall to avoid the war.

Edited by Jim Phelps

If Beschloss is the editor and making the notes, that is a bad sign.

As DOn Gibson showed, Beschloss did some real tampering in his two Taking Charge books about Johnson.

Michael Beschloss = CFR and that is a huge red flag in and of itself.

After that ABC press release, I am coming around to the belief that even in 2011, there is no way that ABC is going to put on national TV Jackie Kennedy talking about her adulterous love affairs AND her belief that LBJ killed JFK.

I have little doubt that Jackie indeed thought LBJ killed JFK.

But I severely doubt that ABC will put that stuff on the air, even if it is true and even if it is in the tapes.

Caroline Kennedy should post online the entire raw, uneditited tapes of Jackie's interviews.

Was it ABC or CBS who pulled the segment that Geraldo Rivera was going to show that something strange happened to Marilyn Monroe. And that Geraldo was going to suggest that Bobby Kenedy had something to do with her death. It was Roone Arledge, friend of Ethel Kennedy, who pulled the plug on it. Geraldo got mad and quit.

When 9/11 happened, Geraldo went on the air on CNBC and said, "Oswald killed President Kennedy from behind. There was no conspiracy." This was apropos to nothing brought up that night. He said this at the end of the show. The next week he announced that he was going to a different station as Foreign Correspondent. He was traveling to Afghanistan. In other words, he went to the other side. He's a phony and a member of Operation Mongoose. He's a CIA Media Asset.

I'll never forget Bianca Jagger. A man in Texas was being executed for rape/murder. Dozens of people were there. Geraldo asked Bianca Jagger about the case. She turned right around and answered to the camera about the prisoner being retarded and Texas should not execute this man. I just loved Bianca snubbing Geraldo Rivera.

Kathy C

a few days ago.

Dawn

I think most of us in those first few days thought LBJ was involved. I sure did, at 14. Jackie refused to change her blood covered clothing. So that the "world can see what you did to my husband".

I think JFK Jr was murdered -(plenty of proof online, spend some time on google)- and that Caroline herself may have been threatened when she was about to run for office.

Because this is entirely out of character for her.

Dawn

Hi Dawn; FYI they were to be held for 50 years,after her death, Jackie Kennedy had requested that the tapes, which total eight hours and were made just four months after her husband was killed, not be released until 50 years after her death. But her daughter, Caroline Kennedy, agreed to let ABC have access to the tapes now - just 17 years after her mother's death.yes there is much on the web re JFKjrs death, some information is quite interesting, but the same as with his Father, hard proof evidence is needed, perhaps some day...take care..b

Read more: http://www.bellinghamherald.com/2011/08/08/2134378/secret-jackie-kennedy-tapes-not.html#ixzz1UsaAOwIT

There must be different quotes floating around. I thought she said to the person (Evelyn?) who suggested she change : ''let them see what they have done''.

I couldn't imagine an American television network EVER playing a tape of Jackie Kennedy talking about her husband's assassination being a conspiracy, especially if she was directly accusing LBJ. So it's hardly surprising that the initial reports about the content on the tapes was "mistaken." Those of us who've been following this case for decades are used to those kinds of "mistakes," which always contradict the official story.

As Dawn noted, this entire thing is completely out of character for the super secretive Caroline. I suspect that her motivation was to get back, indirectly, at those who smeared her and derailed her appointment to the U.S.

Senate.

Too bad- this looked like a really interesting story.

Hi Don, yes we have seen much whoop di do in the past, promising much, delivering nothing, in the end, of substance, relative to the assassination studies,I am thinking this will be another episode of the likes, i went to the jfk museum, to see what they had to say, see below, accordng to their information,there will be nothing pertaining to the many speculations, that have been made and hoped for by some, within their release..but there will be, some information of interest no doubt...take care..b:blink:

http://www.jfklibrary.org/Exhibits/Special-Exhibits/In-Her-Voice.aspx

In September 2011, the Kennedy Library will open a new exhibit

highlighting Mrs. Kennedy’s 1964 oral history interview. Sealed for 47

years and scheduled to be published in September is a series of

wide-ranging conversations with historian Arthur Schlesinger, Jr., in

which Mrs. Kennedy reveals her thoughts and impressions on topics

spanning John F. Kennedy’s early campaigns to the Cuban Missile

Crisis. The conversations cover Mrs. Kennedy’s impressions of world

leaders and events, her role as First Lady, and her life as a wife and

mother living inside the White House.

In the exhibit, excerpts from these conversations will be presented

alongside the objects, documents, and photographs that chronicle the

events Mrs. Kennedy describes. This unique presentation, joining

iconic treasures from the Kennedy Library with the words of Mrs.

Kennedy, sheds new light both on the great events and personalities of

the 20th century, as well as on the extraordinary sensibilities of the

woman describing them.

Well, it still will be very interesting to hear what she has to say.

And I think that the ABC program will get a lot of attention all over the world.

So the JFK assassination and all things surrounding that will be in the center of attention.

That in itself is more then good news I think.

Well, we will just have to be a little patient to see / hear what she has to say.

Well, it still will be very interesting to hear what she has to say.

And I think that the ABC program will get a lot of attention all over the world.

So the JFK assassination and all things surrounding that will be in the center of attention.

That in itself is more then good news I think.

Well, we will just have to be a little patient to see / hear what she has to say.

Yep...let's just hope that they don't cloud it all up and then follow along with a story about whether Bigfoot is real.

It has always been my opinion that the reason that RFK was killed by a contact wound behind the ear was that they realized how close they came to failing on the JFK deal.

If the neck shot (first hit) would have actually hit his spinal cord the impact would have likely knocked him forward (paralyzed from the shoulders down) into the floor of the car. If Jackie had somehow had a spur-of-the-second realization and pulled him into her lap he also would have survived. That is - depending on what the other contigency plans were. (when your driver sets you up for a kill shot it is unlikely that you are going to survive - they likely had help in the hospital too).

Edited by David S. Brownlee

http://www.jfklancer...pdf/Camelot.pdf

INFORMATION FROM THE CAMELOT DOCUMENTS,,

A week after cradling her slain

husband in her lap in Dallas,

Jacqueline Kennedy summoned a

trusted journalist friend to her

home in Hyannisport, Mass.,

"obsessed," to use her word, with

the notion that her husband be

remembered as a hero.

Preface

With clarity and political savvy of a master spin artist, the

34-year-old widow spoke to the writer, Theodore H. White, for

four hours, urging him to tell the world -- through LIFE magazine

-- that Kennedy was truly "a man of magic," that his

presidency was truly special, that the era was, to use the words

she borrowed from a Broadway musical, "one brief shining

moment that was known as Camelot."

A year after Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis' death of cancer

at 64, the John F. Kennedy Library in Boston made public Mr.

White's notes [see next article] from that Nov. 29, 1963, interview

in which the romantic Camelot myth--one that would

remain fixed in the public's mind despite ensuing revelations of

chinks in the Kennedy armor -- was born.

The newly released papers include Mr. White's handwritten

notes from the interview and the typed manuscript of the

essay -- with editing marks by Mrs. Kennedy -- that appeared in

the Dec. 6, 1963, issue of LIFE. The writer donated the papers to

the Kennedy Library in 1969, stipulating that they remain sealed

until one year after her death. Called the "Camelot documents,"

they offer another small piece of the puzzle -- another glimpse

into the mind and soul of a private woman who, even in death,

has remained a source of endless fascination and mystery to so

many.

Perhaps most important, the papers reveal the extent to

which the sad, wan, yet tearless widow had a hand in shaping

the extraordinary Kennedy legacy. "She certainly wanted to take

control of history," said presidential historian Stephen E.

Ambrose, a critic of the rose-colored portrayals of the Kennedy

years, " and in so many ways she managed to do so."

Much of the substance of the Camelot interview appeared

in the LIFE essay, "For President Kennedy: An Epilogue." The

magazine held the presses that November night, at a cost of

$30,000 an hour for overtime, while Mr. White talked with Mrs.

Kennedy. He finally dictated his story to editors form the

telephone in the Kennedy kitchen at 2 a.m., with his interview

subject hovering nearby.

Mr. White, who died in 1986, revealed many more details

and impressions from the interview in his 1978 memoir, "In

Search of History,"

''

White wrote in his memoir that

Mrs. Kennedy wanted him to "rescue Jack from all these `bitter

people' who were going to write about him in history. She did

not want Jack left to the historians.''

Edited by Bernice Moore