The Education Forum

Sixth Floor Museum

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think at this time anyone should be ignored.

IF this has anything to do with the assassination of JFK. Note IF. then it'd important to get the full story as presented by whoever. IF, then the development MAY indicate that the coverup is ongoing in a way some may understand. Those guys spent a lot of time in the TSBD. Who knows whatever else may have been happening at the same time.

This is happening in real time. A slow response may be detrimental in the long run.

With regards to the box of documents found under a bridge a couple of weeks ago? What is ongoing there. Where are they?.

It struck me as being a deliberate drop.

This MAY be a sign that someone somewhere, possibly unwittingly so, has hit on something.

IF so I'd like to know what.

• 2 weeks later...

I would't sent anything regarding the JFK assassination to the 6th floor museum. I would rather throw it into a vulcano!

The Ministry of Truth controls information: news, entertainment, education, and the arts. GARY MACK works in the Ministry of Truth branch called 6TH FLOOR MUSEUM (Dallas), "rectifying" historical records regarding the JFK assassination to adjust them with the LONE NUT PRONOUNCEMENTS OF BIG BROTHER...

freely adapted from 1984

KK

I would't sent anything regarding the JFK assassination to the 6th floor museum. I would rather throw it into a vulcano!

The Ministry of Truth controls information: news, entertainment, education, and the arts. GARY MACK works in the Ministry of Truth branch called 6TH FLOOR MUSEUM (Dallas), "rectifying" historical records regarding the JFK assassination to adjust them with the LONE NUT PRONOUNCEMENTS OF BIG BROTHER...freely adapted from 1984

BK: Karl, your attitude seems to be a popular one, except that there are some witnesses who weren't interviewed by the official investigations or the media, and their oral histories tell us a lot that we wouldn't ordinarily know. Some of these witnesses were reluctant to come forward before, or were ignored, or they only allow the Sixth Floor to take their story because they think the Sixth Floor position on the assassination is correct and will protect them. Whatever, as can be seen with the Oral Histories at the JFK Library and the LBJ Library, which I've just discovered, there is a wealth of information that has yet to be processed yet alone properly reported on.

http://www.lbjlib.utexas.edu/johnson/archi...hom/biopage.asp

Since I am so woefully uninformed about all matters Dallas, and have been pontificating about the value of the inaccesseable Sixth Floor Oral Hisories, here's the KK's Minister of Truth himself, Gary Mack to fill us in on the real state of affairs at Houston and Elm, complete with Lollypop. Thanks for keeping us posted Gary. And be sure to let us know what's in the film from the DA's safe, will ya?

Gary: Good heavens, Bill, sometimes you seem like a little kid without his lollipop. You are so woefully uninformed, yet that doesn't stop you from pontificating erroneously again and again. Here is your latest screed with some factual information to help you.

Hi,

BK: No they are not transcribed and posted on line, though it would be nice if they were.

GARY: Someday they will, which is why the Museum has been spending the time and money to build an online, searchable database. Such work takes expertise and funding, of course, since the Museum is not funded by tax payers or any government sources.

BK: At a time when the Sixth Floor is receiving the cache of records discovered in a safe at the DA's office, and promoting the fact that the local newspaper scanned the documents and had them placed on line for anybody who's interested to read,

GARY: FALSE. The DA's office scanned those documents and provided them to both The Dallas Morning News and The Sixth Floor Museum. The News' website could accommodate the huge files and volunteered, as a public service, to host the documents.

and as the City of Dallas did with their documents, the Sixth Floor would do the same.

GARY: The city's JFK archive is on a public university-supported website (the University of North Texas) as part of an existing education program.

Especially with the recent theft of safes, you would think that they would try to promote the idea that they are better suited to handle such records than the National Archives and Records Administration.

GARY: The safes were in the Visitors Center, which is a separate building from the old TSBD where the Museum's exhibits are located. No historic documents were in them and the Museum's collections remain totally safe. Here is the latest information, which you apparently haven't bothered to read:

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/localnews/stories/DN-sixthfloorupdate_12met.ART.State.Edition1.4cf6a9d.html

So have you downloaded all the public DA files and donated them to NARA? If not, why not? If NARA had the scans, then no one could come along later to claim something had been altered, right? By the way, are all NARA JFK documents available online? No? So what's your point?

There are federal laws that have been introduced and being considered that would make it mandatory for all government agencies to post on line the most significant and most frequently requested records, but it doesn't appear that the government agencies really want to do this anymore than the Sixth Floor wants to.

GARY: The most requests at the Museum are the films and certain photographs, and they have been on the website FREE for several years….with more to come.

I am taking invitory of the Oral Histories that I want to read and will send them a check requesting these tapes/transcripts, and if I get a tape I will transcribe it myself for the Sixth Floor, just as I did my own, which they videotaped.

GARY: Excellent! It's about time you did something positive instead of whine and complain. Oral history interviews are currently transcribed by interns under guidance from Associate Curator Stephen Fagin. He assigns specific transcripts based upon inquiries, so if no one asks, they are ignored in favor of others that folks specifically request.

I think these Oral Histories are extremely important and have been harping on them for the past week or so, but it doesn't appear like anyone (other than Kathy) has acquired or read/heard any of them.

GARY: So if few are interested, what's the big rush? When the Reading Room opens in a few weeks, anyone can come in and read all of the finished transcripts at no charge whatsoever. Those inquiries will also help determine what docs appear on the website.

Perhaps the members of the Ed Forum can make it a little project and those who want to participate can request the records they are most interested in and then file a synopsis of what is there so everyone can know.

I think there are certainly enough people with interest in the Zapruder Film who can't call themselves experts on the subject until they actually read or hear what is among these oral histories. The same goes for the TSBD employees, Parkland witnesses, Oak Cliff witnesses, Dallas policemen, Ruby friends, the Honor Guard contingent, and of course the Cubans. They have interviews with a dozen Cubans. What do they have to say?

There's really a lot there, but if we just start with the Z-film witnesses, we could learn a lot.

Bill Kelly

Edited by William Kelly

• 4 weeks later...
Guest John Gillespie

The Ministry of Truth controls information: news, entertainment, education, and the arts. GARY MACK works in the Ministry of Truth branch called 6TH FLOOR MUSEUM (Dallas), "rectifying" historical records regarding the JFK assassination to adjust them with the LONE NUT PRONOUNCEMENTS OF BIG BROTHER...freely adapted from 1984

BK: Karl, your attitude seems to be a popular one, except that there are some witnesses who weren't interviewed by the official investigations or the media, and their oral histories tell us a lot that we wouldn't ordinarily know. Some of these witnesses were reluctant to come forward before, or were ignored, or they only allow the Sixth Floor to take their story because they think the Sixth Floor position on the assassination is correct and will protect them. Whatever, as can be seen with the Oral Histories at the JFK Library and the LBJ Library, which I've just discovered, there is a wealth of information that has yet to be processed yet alone properly reported on.

Since I am so woefully uninformed about all matters Dallas, and have been pontificating about the value of the inaccesseable Sixth Floor Oral Hisories, here's the KK's Minister of Truth himself, Gary Mack to fill us in on the real state of affairs at Houston and Elm, complete with Lollypop. Thanks for keeping us posted Gary. And be sure to let us know what's in the film from the DA's safe, will ya?

Gary: Good heavens, Bill, sometimes you seem like a little kid without his lollipop. You are so woefully uninformed, yet that doesn't stop you from pontificating erroneously again and again. Here is your latest screed with some factual information to help you.

Hi,

BK: No they are not transcribed and posted on line, though it would be nice if they were.

GARY: Someday they will, which is why the Museum has been spending the time and money to build an online, searchable database. Such work takes expertise and funding, of course, since the Museum is not funded by tax payers or any government sources.

BK: At a time when the Sixth Floor is receiving the cache of records discovered in a safe at the DA's office, and promoting the fact that the local newspaper scanned the documents and had them placed on line for anybody who's interested to read,

GARY: FALSE. The DA's office scanned those documents and provided them to both The Dallas Morning News and The Sixth Floor Museum. The News' website could accommodate the huge files and volunteered, as a public service, to host the documents.

and as the City of Dallas did with their documents, the Sixth Floor would do the same.

GARY: The city's JFK archive is on a public university-supported website (the University of North Texas) as part of an existing education program.

Especially with the recent theft of safes, you would think that they would try to promote the idea that they are better suited to handle such records than the National Archives and Records Administration.

GARY: The safes were in the Visitors Center, which is a separate building from the old TSBD where the Museum's exhibits are located. No historic documents were in them and the Museum's collections remain totally safe. Here is the latest information, which you apparently haven't bothered to read:

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/localnews/stories/DN-sixthfloorupdate_12met.ART.State.Edition1.4cf6a9d.html

So have you downloaded all the public DA files and donated them to NARA? If not, why not? If NARA had the scans, then no one could come along later to claim something had been altered, right? By the way, are all NARA JFK documents available online? No? So what's your point?

There are federal laws that have been introduced and being considered that would make it mandatory for all government agencies to post on line the most significant and most frequently requested records, but it doesn't appear that the government agencies really want to do this anymore than the Sixth Floor wants to.

GARY: The most requests at the Museum are the films and certain photographs, and they have been on the website FREE for several years….with more to come.

I am taking invitory of the Oral Histories that I want to read and will send them a check requesting these tapes/transcripts, and if I get a tape I will transcribe it myself for the Sixth Floor, just as I did my own, which they videotaped.

GARY: Excellent! It's about time you did something positive instead of whine and complain. Oral history interviews are currently transcribed by interns under guidance from Associate Curator Stephen Fagin. He assigns specific transcripts based upon inquiries, so if no one asks, they are ignored in favor of others that folks specifically request.

I think these Oral Histories are extremely important and have been harping on them for the past week or so, but it doesn't appear like anyone (other than Kathy) has acquired or read/heard any of them.

GARY: So if few are interested, what's the big rush? When the Reading Room opens in a few weeks, anyone can come in and read all of the finished transcripts at no charge whatsoever. Those inquiries will also help determine what docs appear on the website.

Perhaps the members of the Ed Forum can make it a little project and those who want to participate can request the records they are most interested in and then file a synopsis of what is there so everyone can know.

I think there are certainly enough people with interest in the Zapruder Film who can't call themselves experts on the subject until they actually read or hear what is among these oral histories. The same goes for the TSBD employees, Parkland witnesses, Oak Cliff witnesses, Dallas policemen, Ruby friends, the Honor Guard contingent, and of course the Cubans. They have interviews with a dozen Cubans. What do they have to say?

There's really a lot there, but if we just start with the Z-film witnesses, we could learn a lot.

Bill Kelly

By the way, Robert Groden was a recent guest with Len Osanic on Black Op Radio... http://www.blackopradio.com/archives2010.html and he talked about the Slick Floor museum (or Sack of Flour or whatever). Need I say how he acquitted himself? Check it out on the archive site. It is the first live, lengthy interview I've heard done with him.

Regards,

JG

Edited by John Gillespie

Hi,

Bill Kelly

By the way, Robert Groden was a recent guest with Len Osanic on Black Op Radio... http://www.blackopra...chives2010.html and he talked about the Slick Floor museum (or Sack of Flour or whatever). Need I say how he acquitted himself? Check it out on the archive site. It is the first live, lengthy interview I've heard done with him.

Regards,

JG

Hey, If anybody listens to this show, please get back to us and report on what it says, will ya?

From what I understand, Groden was recently arrested for peddeling his wares on the Grassy Knoll.

Does anyone know any more about this?

Thanks,

BK

• 2 weeks later...

Sixth Floor Museum's expansion is aimed at luring more Dallas visitors

By HOLLY HABER / Special Contributor to The Dallas Morning News

July 1, 2010

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/ent/stories/DN-sixthfloorstore_0701gd.ART0.State.Edition1.29b1d9e.html

Dallas sucked in 1963. They still do.

At new Dealey Plaza cafe, tastelessness is on the menu

by Bud Kennedy

Dallas Star-Telegram

July 6, 2010

http://www.star-telegram.com/2010/07/06/2317331/at-new-dealey-plaza-cafe-tastelessness.html

• 1 year later...

The Sixth Floor Museum at Dealey Plaza Receives Grants from the National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH) and Institute for Museum and Library Services

Funding Will Support Programs that Preserve Personal Memories of President Kennedy and Conservation of the Iconic Texas School Book Depository Sign

July 29, 2011

http://www.dallasartnews.com/2011/07/the-sixth-floor-museum-receives-grant-from-the-national-endowment-for-the-humanities/

Note: Art news posts by Press Release are items that come directly from museums, galleries and other sources. These posts have been formatted but not re-written.

Among the Sixth Floor Oral History records of interest are these:

JamesCron A jail clerk at the Dallas Police Department at the time of theassassination, Cron started the first Crime Scene Search Unit at the DallasCounty Sheriff's Department in 1970 and has since become a veteran crime sceneinvestigator and law enforcement consultant. Recorded May 10, 2007.

Col. Walt Cunningham America's second civilianastronaut, Cunningham in 1968 was the lunar module pilot for Apollo 7, thefirst manned mission in the Apollo program. He joined NASA in October 1963,less than one month before the Kennedy assassination. Recorded October 4, 2007.

Jack Davis A teenager in Oak Cliff, Davis was inside the TexasTheatre when Lee Harvey Oswald arrived, and he believed Oswald sat next to himfor a short time. Recorded August 6, 2002.

J.C. "Carl" Day Head of the Dallas Police Crime Scene Search Unit in1963, Day was in charge of examining the rifle and fingerprint evidence at theTexas School Book Depository building following the assassination. In 2006, hedonated his original crime lab supplies and equipment to the Museum. Recorded May 19, 1996, and July 11, 2006.

William L. Duncan A U.S. Secret Service agent assigned to the White Housedetail during the Kennedy years, Duncan served as theadvance agent for Fort Worth during the Texas visit in November1963. Recorded October 15, 2005.

Robert Gemberling An FBI agentstationed in Dallas, Gemberling was putin charge of the local investigation into the assassination in March 1964.Recorded July 30, 1997.

Eugene George George served as the restoration architect for The Sixth Floorexhibit and was charged with ensuring the historical integrity of the formerTexas School Book Depository building during the design and construction of theexhibit. He remained an active member of the project team from 1978 to 1989.Recorded September 11, 2008.

Judge Garvin Germany As president of the Junior Bar Association in Dallas in1959, Germany hired exotic dancers from Jack Ruby for a stag party for the 1959annual meeting of the American Bar Association. Supposedly among thedistinguished guests at the party was Sen. John F. Kennedy. Recorded November 1, 2005.

Toni Glover An 11-year-old schoolgirl, Glover was in Dealey Plaza at the timeof the assassination, and the event had a traumatic impact on her. Recorded January 20, 1999.

Victor J. Gonzalez A U.S. SecretService agent in 1963, Gonzalez was assigned to guard duty for PresidentKennedy's limousine after its arrival in Washington, D.C., on the evening ofthe assassination. Recorded October 15, 2005.

Dr. Robert G. Grossman A neurosurgeon at Parkland Memorial Hospital in 1963, Grossmanwas in Trauma Room One during the treatment of President Kennedy and claims tohave examined the president's head wound; however, he was not called to testifybefore the Warren Commission. Recorded October 4, 2003.

John Hambrock A specialist assigned to the model shop of the U.S. Army ExhibitUnit from 1962 to 1965, Hambrock crafted custom trophies and awards forPresidents Kennedy and Johnson to give to friends and dignitaries. Hambrock wasat work on a special wood sculpture for JFK at the time of the assassination.Recorded September 12, 2007.

Joe Hathaway In 1962, Hathaway met Jack Ruby while working in the cameradepartment at the Sanger Brothers department store in Dallas. At Ruby's request,Hathaway frequently visited the Carousel Club for six months between 1962 and1963 to photograph the dancers on stage. Recorded August 21, 2006.

Wallace Heitman A 33-year veteran of the Federal Bureau of Investigation, Heitmanworked at the Dallas FBI office from 1962 to 1970. Less than a week after theassassination, he was assigned as the primary agent to interview Marina Oswald,and he spent many hours with her in the months prior to her Warren Commissiontestimony. Recorded February 8, 2008.

Don Hewitt Best known as the creator of 60 Minutes, Hewitt produced anddirected the first televised presidential debate between John F. Kennedy andRichard Nixon. In 1963, he was the executive producer of the CBS EveningNews with Walter Cronkite and he was one of the producers coordinating CBScoverage of the assassination. Recorded on November 9, 2002.

Brown W. Higginbotham A truck driver with Central Motor Freight in Dallas,Higginbotham picked up a shipment of textbook boxes at the loading dock of theTexas School Book Depository building approximately 20 minutes after theassassination. He then picked up a shipment at the Dal-Tex building across thestreet in Dealey Plaza. Recorded October 19, 2007.

Pat Holloway A Dallas attorney, Holloway attended a political luncheon at theAdolphus Hotel on November 22, 1963. Shortly after theassassination, his senior law partner received an unusual, business-relatedcall from Lyndon Johnson at Parkland Memorial Hospital. Holloway laterbecame an oil and gas operator, founding the Humble Exploration Company.Recorded January 11, 2010.

Bill Holt Holt was credit manager for the Texas School Book Depository from1970 to 1978 and was involved in the company's move from their Dealey Plazawarehouse to a new location in Dallas. Over the years, he heard manyassassination-related stories from fellow co-workers and managers. Recorded June 26, 2008.

Mike Howard A U. S. Secret Service agent assigned to the Dallas field office,Howard served on the detail for Presidents Kennedy and Johnson. For the 1963Texas trip, Howard was part of the advance team in Fort Worth and spent theevening of the assassination at Dallas police headquarters. Immediatelythereafter he was assigned to protect the family of Lee Harvey Oswald at asecure location. Recorded November 18, 2005.

R. Lee Huffman A master sergeant in the U.S. Army, Huffman was assigned to theTransportation Division at the White House from 1961 to 1966. He went on theTexas trip in 1963 and was working at the Hotel Texas in Fort Worth when theassassination took place. Recorded November 22, 2008.

Stephen S. Jaffe Jaffe served as an investigator for New Orleans DistrictAttorney Jim Garrison. Jaffe's work on the controversial Oswald backyard photographsled to him testifying as a photographic expert before the RockefellerCommission in 1975. Recorded July 29, 2004.

Tom Jennings An award-winning documentarian, Jennings has written,produced, and directed more than 400 hours of programming for televisionnetworks including CBS, Discovery Channel, and the History Channel. He wasexecutive producer of The Lost JFK Tapes: The Assassination (2009) forNational Geographic Channel. Jennings was interviewed with two of hisdocumentary associates. Recorded November 17, 2009.

Ann Johnson A waitress for Jetton's Catering, Johnson served at the Forth Worth breakfast andwas on her way to serve at the planned Austin banquet when theassassination took place. Her husband, the late Peter Johnson, worked at theDallas Kodak lab and kept slides of the Zapruder film as souvenirs. Johnsonwas interviewed with her daughter, Jean Johnson Brown. Recorded March 1, 2007.

Dr. Ronald C. Jones Jones was the chief surgery resident in Parkland MemorialHospital's emergency room on November 22, 1963. He was among the team ofdoctors that worked on the resuscitation of President Kennedy in Trauma RoomOne. Less than 48 hours later, he was part of the surgical team that treatedLee Harvey Oswald. Recorded October 31, 1997, and November 21, 2005.

Spaulding Jones Jones had an office inside the Texas School Book Depositorybuilding in 1963 and believed he was on the elevator with Lee Harvey Oswald themorning of the assassination. Recorded April 6, 1995.

Martin Jurow The producer of such films as Breakfast at Tiffany's (1961)and The Pink Panther (1963), Jurow was the executive producer of TheSixth Floor Museum's films and worked with documentary filmmakers Allen andCynthia Mondell. Recorded May 12, 1993.

Jerry D. Kivett A U.S. Secret Service agent in 1963, Kivett was assigned toVice President Johnson's detail and was riding in his follow-up car in theDallas motorcade. Kivett remained with the Johnsons until the swearing-inceremony aboard Air Force One and was later assigned to the White House detail.Recorded October 14, 2005.

Winston Lawson A U.S. Secret Service agent assigned to the White House detailduring the Kennedy years, Lawson was in charge of security in Dallas and did 10 days ofadvance work before the presidential party's arrival. In the motorcade, he rodein the lead car with Dallas Police Chief Jesse Curry. Recorded September 5, 2003.

Wesley Mallory Mallory was a police officer in Clovis, New Mexico, in 1963. All nearbyU.S. military bases, including Roswell, New Mexico, were put on high alertimmediately after the assassination. Recorded September 3, 2009.

Nat Pinkston An FBI agent stationed in Dallas in 1963, Pinkstonwas a major part of the local investigation into the assassination. Recorded August 5, 1994.

Bob Porter A theater critic and columnist for the Dallas Times Herald,Porter was acquainted with Jack Ruby. From 1992 to 2001, Porter supervised theOral History Project and handled public relations for The Sixth Floor Museum.Recorded January 26, 1993.

Joel Ratliff A Dallas police officer in the early 1970s, Ratliff knew many ofthe officers that worked on the Kennedy assassination investigation. Thirteenyears old in 1963, he watched the motorcade on Main Street. His late father,police patrolman Marshall Ratliff, was assigned to the Trade Mart luncheon.Recorded January 28, 2008.

Burke Reilly A 35-year employee of the Ford Motor Company, Reilly becamehead of administration in the company's Washington D.C. office shortly afterthe Kennedy assassination. He worked with the Secret Service to providepresidential vehicles during the Johnson and Nixon administrations. Recorded August 17, 2009.

Oliver "Buck" Revell A captain in the U.S. Marine Corps, Revelljoined the FBI in 1964 partly because of his interest in the Kennedyassassination. During his long career with the bureau from 1964 to 1994, heachieved the rank of Executive Assistant Director-Investigations (SES-6). Revell workedwith the House Select Committee on Assassinations and, as Special Agent inCharge of the Dallas Division, supervised the release of the Dallas FBIoffice's assassination-related files in the early 1990s. Recorded May 20, 2009.

Jack Revill Supervisor of Criminal Intelligence with the Dallas PoliceDepartment in 1963, Revill was involved in the immediate search of the TexasSchool Book Depository building, and he later had a controversial conversationwith FBI agent James Hosty that greatly affected the bureau's relationship withthe Dallas police. On Sunday, Revill accompaniedDallas Mayor Earle Cabell to Washington, D.C., for the president'sfuneral. Upon his return, he participated in a special investigation into theshooting of Lee Harvey Oswald. Recorded February 4, 2005.

Pat Revill The wife of Dallas Police Lt. Jack Revill, Pat Revill worked as asecretary in District Attorney Henry Wade's office from 1964 to 1973 and haddaily interaction with Wade and Assistant District Attorney Bill Alexander.During that time, she worked on the Jack Ruby appeal. Recorded May 4, 2005.

Peter Rice An Army presidential helicopter pilot from 1962 to 1969, Rice flewwith Presidents Kennedy and Johnson. Among his many trips, Rice accompaniedKennedy on his 1963 trip to Ireland and was the firsthelicopter pilot to fly Lyndon Johnson as president, on the evening of November 22, 1963. Recorded September 19, 2008, and August 26, 2009.

Felix Rodriguez A member of Assault Brigade 2506, Rodriguez served as partof the Bay of Pigs invasion force. Recorded October 29, 2000.

Earl Ruby Earl Ruby believed that his brother, Jack Ruby, killed Lee HarveyOswald because of his love for John F. Kennedy. Recorded October 20, 1989.

Frank Ryan Ryan was serving in the U.S. Coast Guard in 1963 and was part of theCeremonial Guard at President Kennedy's funeral. Recorded October 9, 1995.

Pierre Salinger President Kennedy's press secretary, Salinger was en route to Japan with a group ofCabinet members at the time of the assassination. Recorded September 9, 1996.

Judge Barefoot Sanders A prominent member of the Democratic Party and a U.S.Attorney stationed in Dallas in 1963, Sandersplayed a key role in planning President Kennedy's visit to Dallas. He later wasinvolved in the Warren Commission's investigations in Dallas. Recorded March 8, 1995, November 21, 1999, and May 19, 2004.

George Schrader Schrader served as Dallas city manager duringthe post-assassination years, a difficult time of transition. Recorded February 9, 1993.

Capt. Maury Seitz A former U.S. Air Force captain who later served as alongtime captain for American Airlines, Seitz was co-pilot on numerouschartered flights that backed up Air Force One during the Kennedy presidency.Seitz met the Kennedy family and spent time with Caroline and John Jr. Duringthe Cuban missile crisis, his plane carried a JFK decoy during a top-secretflight. Recorded February 13, 2002, March 7, 2008, and July 15, 2009.

Bill Shaw An Army presidential helicopter pilot from 1958 to 1973, Shaw flewwith four U.S. presidents. OnNovember 21, 1963, he took President and Mrs. Kennedy from the White House toAndrews Air Force Base for their trip to Texas. Recorded September 19, 2008, and August 21, 2009.

George Shawver Shawver filmed the Kennedy motorcade on Main Street and laterformed the Dallas Cinema Associates with other amateur photographers. The groupproduced a compilation film titled President Kennedy's Final Hour, forwhich Shawver provided a narration track on a few rare copies. Recorded April 12, 2007.

Cecil Stoughton Stoughton was the official White House photographer duringthe Kennedy presidency, and among his many photographs is the signature imageof President Johnson taking the oath of office aboard Air Force One. Recorded May 29, 1998.

Larry Sturdivan A physical scientist and wounds ballistics expert, Sturdivanworked with both the Warren Commission and the House Select Committee onAssassinations in analyzing ballistics evidence associated with Lee HarveyOswald's rifle and the wounds of President Kennedy and Gov. Connally. Recordedon October 4, 1997.

Malcolm Summers An eyewitness to the assassination who can be seen in theZapruder film, Summers was standing opposite the grassy knoll. Recorded March 7, 2002.

James Tague A bystander standing near the triple underpass, Tague was slightlywounded on the cheek by a bullet fragment or a chip of concrete during theshooting. Recorded March 30, 1999.

Warren W. Taylor A U.S. Secret Service agent in 1963, Taylor was assigned toVice President Johnson's detail and was riding in his follow-up car in the Dallas motorcade. After theassassination, Taylor was assigned toprotect Lady Bird Johnson. Recorded October 14, 2005.

William W. Turner A former FBI agent, Turner co-authored the 1981 book TheFish Is Red, later republished as Deadly Secrets: The CIA-Mafia War AgainstCastro and the Assassination of JFK. Recorded October 23, 1992. </H3><H3 style="BACKGROUND:white; MARGIN: auto 0in">Jack Valenti </H3>Formerly chairman andCEO of the Motion Picture Association of America, Valenti served as specialassistant to President Johnson from 1963 to 1966. He was traveling with thepresidential party in Dallas on November 22, 1963. Recorded February 24, 2004.

Ambassador William vanden Heuvel A distinguished lawyer and formerrepresentative to the United Nations, vanden Heuvel was Attorney General RobertKennedy's assistant in the Justice Department during the Kennedyadministration. Recorded November 21 and 22, 2003.

Aron Vigushin A building engineer and member of the Young Communist League,Vigushin was living in the Russian city of Minsk when Lee HarveyOswald defected to the Soviet Union. Vigushin wasacquainted with both Oswald and his future wife, Marina Prusakova, and hepracticed at the same firing range as Oswald between 1960 and 1961. Recorded November 6, 2009.

Allen D. Walker A member of the White House Communications Agency from 1962 to1964, Walker was stationed in Paris and coordinateddirect telephone communication from the White House to European leaders. He wasalone in the office when the assassination took place and lost contact with theWhite House for more than an hour. Recorded July 12, 2007.

Dale Wunderlich A U.S. Secret Service agent assigned to the Protective ResearchDivision in 1963, Wunderlich did an intelligence advance in Fort Worth prior to thepresidential visit, coordinating sweeps of the Hotel Texas and conductingbackground checks on all employees. Following the assassination, he was part ofa team that provided security for Marina Oswald for several months prior to herWarren Commission testimony.

Edited by William Kelly