The Education Forum

Sombody explain how this is possible

If two photographers are on the EXACT SAME LINE OF SIGHT TO A BACKGROUND,

shouldn't the CLOSEST photographer be within the image of the FARTHEST photographer?

Somebody please 'splain this to me.

Jack

Hi Jack,

It seems to me that the second photographer is not in front but beside the first one, at his left. That's the reason the line of sight of the back bumper of the limo is not the same relatively to the people standing against the wall.

shouldn't the CLOSEST photographer be within the image of the FARTHEST photographer?

Jack

Hi Jack,

It seems to me that the second photographer is not in front but beside the first one, at his left. That's the reason the line of sight of the back bumper of the limo is not the same relatively to the people standing against the wall.

The LIMO IS MOVING. The wall and people are not.

However, it is possible that they were standing side by side. The top image is a Bond slide.

The bottom image is a frame from one of the films (don't remember which). You are correct

that if the two photographers were shoulder to shoulder using different lenses, neither would

be in the photo of the other, and the parallax would be hard to detect.

Thanks for pointing out the only possible solution.

Jack

The photographers were side by side but, more importantly, the photo wasn't taken at the same instant. Note Jackie's slightly different position and that in one photo there is a man standing directly behind her...the same man is several feet to the right in the next photo.

Jack

Normally I don't comment on your "analyses", but this is just so simple I could not help myself. That the fact that you couldn't figure it out on your own confirms the opinions of rational thinking people who consider your "body of work" a sloppily pile of crap that embarrasses and sourly stigmatizes legitimate researchers.

Anyway, here's how it goes: Same line of sight = "shoulder to shoulder" view points of the two photographers!!! I.e., they were standing next to one another.

When was the last time a person to your left or right shoulder appeared in the filed of vision of your lens???????? Um...never??

Obviously, the bottom image was simply taken slightly before the top image.

Thanks so much.

John Hunt

PS. For all the slavish devotees, this is not ad hominem - "your body of work"