The Education Forum

Another Look at the Shooting

I think the photo of Shaneyfelt and his bodytwist and feet locations while assuming the position with gun mounted on camera thingy (sans boxes) and an extrapolation of that line of sight would suffice. It does imo. (I have the image that shows it on a non functioning laptop so I'm confident in saying so without posting any ''proof'').

John,

You dont need any proof for me brother. I take your word and opinion at face value, and have no reason to doubt you.

So, I have a proposal. Why dont WE work on a recreation? I have the window dimensions, and perhaps you can do work calculations on how far it was to the corner and the position of the pipes. Once there we can move in some boxes and see what we have.

Once drawn and situated properly I will build the opening and wall out of PVC pipe and we can test things from there. What say ye?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say YES. (at fn last(3+years).Thank you.))

OK we can count bricks. We can know brick/mortar dimensions. We have photographs.

OK, me too, Mike. I think we need someone in Dallas to measure and give us the average TSBD inner wall brick/mortar dimensions, and to locate all images that show the brickwork and pipes for easy counting and lining things up, for example a straight on view of the nest is rare. I know of one but do not have it, but it exists, A shot of the roof I've never seen.

edit add : also good night for now. re the brickwork, this is what used to be the top floor and the team laying may not have been the same as on the lower floors, Also there are some features that indicate it may have been one of the last portions built, to wit the use of some irregular bricks and uneven mortar, but the basics are there if we can know the average brick size (they also came in slightly vairable batches as well in those days), but we can also just factor in an acceptable error margin.

Edited by John Dolva

OK, me too, Mike. I think we need someone in Dallas to measure and give us the average TSBD inner wall brick/mortar dimensions, and to locate all images that show the brickwork and pipes for easy counting and lining things up, for example a straight on view of the nest is rare. I know of one but do not have it, but it exists, A shot of the roof I've never seen.

edit add : also good night for now. re the brickwork, this is what used to be the top floor and the team laying may not have been the same as on the lower floors, Also there are some features that indicate it may have been one of the last portions built, to wit the use of some irregular bricks and uneven mortar, but the basics are there if we can know the average brick size (they also came in slightly vairable batches as well in those days), but we can also just factor in an acceptable error margin.

I agree we can get close, but then again I really dont think we need to be exact to perfection to test what we want to.

I agree. The answer should include whatever the error margin is though, which I don't think will be great enough to cause doubt.

While gathering the necessary photos it seems to me that one of the first things is to get some exact 1963 measurements. Duncan posted a sketch a few weeks ago but there were some contradictions there from memory. The brick/mortar dimensions can serve as a basis, so, imo, getting measurements of that seems to me necessary.

I agree. The answer should include whatever the error margin is though, which I don't think will be great enough to cause doubt.

While gathering the necessary photos it seems to me that one of the first things is to get some exact 1963 measurements. Duncan posted a sketch a few weeks ago but there were some contradictions there from memory. The brick/mortar dimensions can serve as a basis, so, imo, getting measurements of that seems to me necessary.

Actually I think I posted that Image. I need to look at it again.

OK, I'll work on a topic to cover it starting in a few days while collecting material. Should be interesting. Til then.