The Education Forum

JVB poll--please vote before viewing results

JVB  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Do you find Judyth's story credible?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure.

Since the JVB thread has run over 160 pages, and is being actively read by many, I thought we should take a poll.

Please answer with respect to her overall story.

Since the JVB thread has run over 160 pages, and is being actively read by many, I thought we should take a poll.

The poll might benefit from including a fourth category: "somewhat credible," which is not the same thing as "not sure."

Certain of Judyth's assertions are factual, because she has the documentary evidence to prove it to the satisfaction of all but the most willfully obdurate.

Those who can believe the parts of the tale she can prove, but won't accept the remainder for which she can provide no similarly persuasive evidence, are presently left with a yes-or-no up-or-down vote that doesn't include room for mixed emotions or a more nuanced position.

Just a thought.

Agreed.

The poll might benefit from including a fourth category: "somewhat credible," which is not the same thing as "not sure."

Certain of Judyth's assertions are factual, because she has the documentary evidence to prove it to the satisfaction of all but the most willfully obdurate.

Those who can believe the parts of the tale she can prove, but won't accept the remainder for which she can provide no similarly persuasive evidence, are presently left with a yes-or-no up-or-down vote that doesn't include room for mixed emotions or a more nuanced position.

Just a thought.

Just a thought.

Agreed 100%, which is why I voted "Not Sure".

Allow me to thow in a few tidbits here:

1) When I interviewed Ruth Ann Peters (Ruth Kloepfer's daughter) several years ago, she told me that she, at the time of visiting the Oswald's, believed Oswald was flirting with her. What makes this so intriguing is that Marina was in the house at the time, in another room talking to Mrs Kloepfer and Ruth Paine. And of course, this also at the time he is alleged to be having a love affair with Judyth. Could Ruth Ann have been mistaken? Sure. She only around 16 at the time. But she was also extremely attractive and very bright. I'd find it hard to believe she didn't know when she was being hit on. This, if true btw, would be another "tick" for a diagnosis of Asperger's, especially when added to the marital problems alleged by Marina and others ("Research into the sexual understanding of people with Asperger syndrome is in its infancy. Studies suggest that affected people are as interested in sex as anyone else, but many don’t have the social or empathetic skills to successfully manage adult relationships" - source - Autism Victoria.)

2) When I first starting dabbling in research on this case, I stumbled upon a message board for ex Marines who had been based in Japan. I regret to say I didn't keep a copy of it, so details are a bit vague in the memory bank now, but one message was from a female who related how she had been chased around by a Marine when she was a teenager based there with her family. The implication was that this person was sexually haraassing her. The location was either an outdoor cinema or outdoor book or bible reading club... whichever, the person doing the chasing was supposedly Oswald.

3) By his own written accounts, he had two or three non-serious affairs in Minsk prior to Ella German and Marina entering the picture.

If all of these accounts are true, he may well have been having an affair with Judyth. But one would have to question how seriously he took it (given Ruth Ann's statements), if indeed, it did occur.

So...put me in the camp of possibly true, but only up to and including a possible affair. Beyond that, there are major problems.

I get the message I've already voted, but I haven't..??? Who voted for me? The forum logs should show.

Anyway, I share the concerns as expressed by Robert. I find much of her story incredible, sure there are things that are provable, but whether JVB is necessary for that is moot. Mixed up with that are the absurdities, so how can one give an emphatic answer. Even ''not sure'' begs: not sure about what? It's a good idea though, imo, and does give an indication of members overall impressions.

edit:typos

Edited by John Dolva

I get the message I've already voted, but I haven't..??? Who voted for me? The forum logs should show.

Anyway, I share the concerns as expressed by Robert. I find much of her story incredible, sure there are things that are provable, but whether JVB is necessary for that is moot. Mixed up with that are the absurdities, so how can one give an emphatic answer. Even ''not sure'' begs: not sure about what? It's a good idea though, imo, and does give an indication of members overall impressions.

edit:typos

Same thing happened to me - went to look at the results and was told I'd voted when I hadn't.

FWIW I would vote NO but only because there's not a "Hell No!" option :lol:

A man of good sense this young Mr. Hay!

FWIW I would vote NO but only because there's not a "Hell No!" option :lol:

:lol:

I wish there was a Hell No option, it would have the most votes for sure

No, I don't think it's false negatives. The total number of votes is showing different from the tallies. That is probably where the nulls go, and why the actual vs. tallied is different.

Guest James H. Fetzer

Yes, you are right. But of course truth is not a function of popularity. Most of those here had a closed mine BEFORE the thread began.

And if the vote were restricted to those who have actually studied the available relevant evidence, it would have a different outcome.

Just a thought.

Edited by James H. Fetzer

Ok, that's a simple explanation, I did click to see the results, and then was told I'd voted. So no probs.

Jim, I think you are wrong. You have been given a very fair chance to state your case, particularly in the beginning. Overall you've spectacularly failed. I think a couple of Jacks posts towards the end of that interminable saga says it well.

I'd like to vote ''essentially irrelevant in answering who killled Kennedy''. Obviously I''m drawn to the No vote, but would like some leeway, however, things being as they are, I vote No. So add a no even though I got the have already voted message.

Kathy, next time you run one of these, it might be best if you define your terms.

Before I voted I did a quick check of the meaning of "credible," and found the definitions below.

cred·i·ble

adj.

1. Capable of being believed; plausible. See Synonyms at plausible.

2. Worthy of confidence; reliable.

While at this point I find Judyth's story doubtful, I would not go so far as call it impossible, particularly if one just takes her core story, and ignores a lot of the details which have most likely been added in over the years.

I do however, find it "unworthy" of confidence, and "unreliable." You just can't accept it at face value, IMO.

So...to be clear, while I find her story incredible, and unreliable, I don't necessarily believe it untrue (at its core).

I suspect the same is true for many of those voting "not sure."