The Education Forum

Gerarld Posner + Mark Lane = Teammates ?

From today's New York Post:

Gerald Posner is joining forces with fellow JFK assassination author Mark Lane to battle further claims of plagiarism. Lane and Posner took opposing views over Lee Harvey Oswald's guilt. But now Posner has hired attorney-author Lane in a bid to sue New Times Miami owners Village Voice Media, who claimed Posner ripped off passages from Frank Owen's 2003 book "Clubland." Posner says, "Although I'm convinced Lee Harvey Oswald assassinated President Kennedy, I've always believed that had Mark Lane represented Oswald, he would have won an acquittal. That's why Mark Lane was the obvious choice as my own attorney."

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/odd_couple...J#ixzz0nozROlUH

Gerald Posner is joining forces with fellow JFK assassination author Mark Lane to battle further claims of plagiarism. Lane and Posner took opposing views over Lee Harvey Oswald's guilt. But now Posner has hired attorney-author Lane in a bid to sue New Times Miami owners Village Voice Media, who claimed Posner ripped off passages from Frank Owen's 2003 book "Clubland." Posner says, "Although I'm convinced Lee Harvey Oswald assassinated President Kennedy, I've always believed that had Mark Lane represented Oswald, he would have won an acquittal. That's why Mark Lane was the obvious choice as my own attorney."

April Fool's Day was last month.

Edited by Pat Speer

April Fool's Day was last month.

"Although I'm convinced Lee Harvey Oswald assassinated President Kennedy, I've always believed that had Mark Lane represented Oswald, he would have won an acquittal. That's why Mark Lane was the obvious choice as my own attorney." - Gerald Posner

Therefore, if logic holds true, Oswald would have been found not guilty even though he was guilty, had he lived and gone to trial and had Mark Lane represented him, and Posner is acknowledging guilt and seeking Lane to get him off the hook legally, even though he is guilty.

Am I reading that right?

BK

I'm betting you are BK. I wonder to what extent Mark can now talk about certain cases?

So Mark has now represented Jim Jones and Gerald Posner and had lunch with David Atlee Phillips. Any other nefarious ties we should be aware of?

John, I don't think it's fair to say Mark had lunch with David Atlee Phillips. It was more of an adversial relationship with them in court during the DAP vs. Spotlight libel trial. Seldom does a libel trial go that far, and I belive, Phillips testified under oath with Mark questioning him.

Now maybe if there's a trial for Posner, they can call other witnesses to testify, and we can have a real show and tell, like the Simpson trial.

BK

So Mark has now represented Jim Jones and Gerald Posner and had lunch with David Atlee Phillips. Any other nefarious ties we should be aware of?

John, I don't think it's fair to say Mark had lunch with David Atlee Phillips. It was more of an adversial relationship with them in court during the DAP vs. Spotlight libel trial. Seldom does a libel trial go that far, and I belive, Phillips testified under oath with Mark questioning him.

Now maybe if there's a trial for Posner, they can call other witnesses to testify, and we can have a real show and tell, like the Simpson trial.

BK

Nefarious was a poor choice of words.

What kind of witnesses do you mean Bill? Ones that can affirm his professionalism I suppose.

I take your logic over Posner's in this case..... or any case for that matter.

This is what I take out of this; that everyone is entitled to representation. That includes Jones and Posner. And, that their lawyer should not be judged by the clients they represent.

So much of Mr. Lanes discrediting was accomplished because of his association with Jones.

We now know that he had to be discredited, in the government's view, because of his excellent work uncovering the conspiracy, which was basically undeniable by the government, which made the only option to discredit Mr. Lane and his work.

What I do not understand however, is that there are those who still fall for this diversion.

Apparently Posner did not, so why would anyone else at this late date?

Edited by Peter McGuire

This is quite touching.

I guess Posner needs a high quality First Amendment attorney and Mark Lane needs the money.

As a lawyer, I don't begrudge attorneys for the quality or integrity of their clients - except in the case of frivilous litigation and bogus lawsuits (i.e. only about 40% of the cases filed), so I don't get stressed about lawyers I like who represent people I don't like.

It goes with the territory.

What a CIA fake (Posner), how about he tell us how much the CIA has paid him in the intervening years for his pathetic work, not to mention his "analysis" of William Pepper's MLK work.......sheesh How on earth anyone can be convinced that "Oswald did it" in light of the volumes of evidence of Intelligence Services and Govt./Extra-Govt. involvement is beyond me. Posner knows well Oswald did not even fire a weapon that day among so many other things....Sigh, as for Mr. Lane, my only hope (or actually, the one thing I do know well), regardless of his choice in defending Posner, is that he continues to do what he has ALWAYS done: critical, honest analysis and defense.

Edited by B. A. Copeland