The Education Forum

MKultra question

Can anyone point me to details of the "mind control" program being undertaken in Mexico by the CIA during the summer of '63?

I would like to see if there are any possible links to a sociology study being undertaken at the time funded by the CIA through the usual chanels. At least one of those involved in the study had a background in some less than savory experiments. The project was also supported by the Tavistock Clinic and by the Friends at Casa de los Amigos.

This is one of those things I've been sitting on for a while so any help appreciated.

Was'nt John Pic, (Lee's half brother), connected to MKULTRA?

Can anyone point me to details of the "mind control" program being undertaken in Mexico by the CIA during the summer of '63?

I would like to see if there are any possible links to a sociology study being undertaken at the time funded by the CIA through the usual chanels. At least one of those involved in the study had a background in some less than savory experiments. The project was also supported by the Tavistock Clinic and by the Friends at Casa de los Amigos.

This is one of those things I've been sitting on for a while so any help appreciated.

Hi David,

possibly. He worked at two or three defense hospitals involved in human radiation experiments and had also worked in tracking subversives on Ellis Island which housed refugees and immigrants. And his wife had a penchant for what looks a lot like automatic writing ala Sirhan and others...

What I am thinking of though is - if I recall correctly - something about a brainwashing/mind control operation run by the CIA in Mexico during the Summer of '63 which was mentioned in an Executive Session of the WC, and which Dulles wanted kept out of the hearings on the basis that it had nothing to do with the assassination. I may have that slightly wrong --but I'm sure it was along those lines. Trouble is I have not been able to find anything on it. I wanted to see if any details match with what I have on this sociology study. At least one of the psychiatrists involved in that study has a number of question marks over his head concerning previous involvement in MKultra style experiments, and it seems to have been funded through CIA friendly foundations.

Hi Greg,

I found this in my files, dont know if helps mate

http://www.theforbiddenknowledge.com/hardt...ile15thru16.htm

Dave

Hi David,

possibly. He worked at two or three defense hospitals involved in human radiation experiments and had also worked in tracking subversives on Ellis Island which housed refugees and immigrants. And his wife had a penchant for what looks a lot like automatic writing ala Sirhan and others...

What I am thinking of though is - if I recall correctly - something about a brainwashing/mind control operation run by the CIA in Mexico during the Summer of '63 which was mentioned in an Executive Session of the WC, and which Dulles wanted kept out of the hearings on the basis that it had nothing to do with the assassination. I may have that slightly wrong --but I'm sure it was along those lines. Trouble is I have not been able to find anything on it. I wanted to see if any details match with what I have on this sociology study. At least one of the psychiatrists involved in that study has a number of question marks over his head concerning previous involvement in MKultra style experiments, and it seems to have been funded through CIA friendly foundations.

Hi Greg,

Dave

Greg,

Did you check Marks Manchurian Candidate p. 90 re: Mexico City?

What's it say?

BK

Hi David,

Hi Greg,

Dave

Thanks David. That helped find the Marks reference. Fascinating stuff too, even if mostly conjectural.

I am relying on memory so I will come back to this if I am mistaken, but the declassified governmental documents re MKULTRA are virtually devoid of any references to Mexico, whereas there are two sources which go into that area to some degree. Peter LeVenda's Sinister Forces being one, not sure which of the three or if possibly all three.....

The other is Timothy Leary's biography, which has a section re his being in Mexico and if memory serves, alluding to "hypnosis projects."

The problem for me is I do not believe Leary is a trustworthy source, and I think his book is spin, if not outright disinformation.....I know I am not the only one that has that perception.......

For what it is worth......Robert

I am relying on memory so I will come back to this if I am mistaken, but the declassified governmental documents re MKULTRA are virtually devoid of any references to Mexico, whereas there are two sources which go into that area to some degree. Peter LeVenda's Sinister Forces being one, not sure which of the three or if possibly all three.....

The other is Timothy Leary's biography, which has a section re his being in Mexico and if memory serves, alluding to "hypnosis projects."

The problem for me is I do not believe Leary is a trustworthy source, and I think his book is spin, if not outright disinformation.....I know I am not the only one that has that perception.......

For what it is worth......Rober

Hey CK,

Have read a little of Levanda's work online and do intend to read more in time. Marks did a get a file on the MC field experiment in hypnosis which occurred in July '63. According to it, the experiment was a total flop. I would suggest there was more happening than just one field test, but as you say, officially, there is not much to go on.

This google search may seem overly simplistic but it is worth providing. I might also suggest using variations of google search; ie google scholar, et cetera......At least its better than a rubber biscuit..........I will see what I can come up with and get back to you....

http://books.google.com/books?q=MKULTRA+Me...nG=Search+Books

• 2 weeks later...

Hey CK,

Have read a little of Levanda's work online and do intend to read more in time. Marks did a get a file on the MC field experiment in hypnosis which occurred in July '63. According to it, the experiment was a total flop. I would suggest there was more happening than just one field test, but as you say, officially, there is not much to go on.

This google search may seem overly simplistic but it is worth providing. I might also suggest using variations of google search; ie google scholar, et cetera......At least its better than a rubber biscuit..........I will see what I can come up with and get back to you....

http://books.google.com/books?q=MKULTRA+Me...nG=Search+Books

Seems like we had a little chat about this document once, regarding a pouch of documents from Lee Rankin to Dr. Dale Cameron, in Mexico circa May 1964.......

Definitely wish there was more about this.

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/....do?docId=98618

Hey CK,

Greg, you've probably seen this site. It pertains to a timeline and MKUltra in Mexico.

http://www.erowid.org/psychoactives/war/mk...ra_timeline.php