The Education Forum

alias

Greg Parker

Very well written Mr. Parker.

I have been waiting to read something like this about the Alec James Hidell alias/identity. That's a pretty sound theory; so to recap you would speculate the 112th MIG played a key role in creating the AJ Hidell identity, and was involved in using it to frame Oswald?

Do you have any ideas how Nagell fits into this? As I recall he had a Hidell ID or something in his car when he was arrested in El Paso a few months prior.

Thank you. I thoroughly enjoyed that.

Bill Miller:

Is that document authentic? I'm sorry, but I just find it incredible that the government released that document.

That basically confirms the doubts of all investigators, starting with DA Garrison; Oswald was an undercover CIA/FBI agent, at least up to the time in Russia. Well, and beyond Russia since McCone acknowledges that Bannister was LHO's handler.

I wonder what percentage of researchers have read that?

Unbelievable.... just unbelievable. I wonder what people like MacAdams, Posner and Robert Oswald would say about that - all tend to favor the WC LN -theory.

:o

Very well written Mr. Parker.

I have been waiting to read something like this about the Alec James Hidell alias/identity. That's a pretty sound theory; so to recap you would speculate the 112th MIG played a key role in creating the AJ Hidell identity, and was involved in using it to frame Oswald?

Do you have any ideas how Nagell fits into this? As I recall he had a Hidell ID or something in his car when he was arrested in El Paso a few months prior.

Thank you. I thoroughly enjoyed that.

Thank you, Anttti (may I call I call you Antti? You certainly needn't call me Mr Parker. I'm pretty sure that was my dad :o

If anything comes to you that would render any of this as not plausible, please let me know (maybe there is evidence that I've missed.. some logic that I've fouled up etc?)

To answer your question on Nagle... there's a document in the DPD files which I came across ages ago that, though It doesn't mention Nagle, may relate to what he was up to.

I'll post on it one day, after relooking at it, and if I am still of the opinion it fits.

It's in part, about setting someone up (from interstate, possibly California from memory) as a patsy.

I have been told that a fellow reserarcher did check on the authenticity of that McCone/Rowley document and found it to actually be in the official records. Keep in mind that these documents were not to be seen in our lifetime. This certainly would not be the first time that a large amount of documents were declassified only to find important information within them. If one followed the investigation that Jim Garrison had conducted, then it would come as no surprise that Oswald had CIA and FBI contacts. Lee's ability to get back into the United States without so much as a slap on the wrist for supposidly committing treason is just one example. Withholding Lee's tax records due to National Security should have been another giveaway IMO. I would suggest to any interested parties to contact the NARA and order the document directly from them if they like. While they are at it they might wish to get a copy of a report that Robert Tanenbaum mentioned on one of the latest Men Who Killed Kennedy documentaries where he said that a false report was submitted to the HSCA stating that no one at Bethesda had seen the large hole in the back of the President's head. This obviously became apparent when the actual list of Bethesda personnel surfaced years later showing that each Bethesda witness who saw the President did in fact sign off as noticing the large hole in the back of his head.

Hi Bill,

page 2 of the memo you provided speaks about a report filed on 1/3/64 by an SAIC Bertram or Bertran.

I didn't see a record of a report in the NARA database by a Special Agent Bertram or Bertran. If there was one, I guess it got put in Hoover's personal files, where it will never see the light of day.

The business about Deputy Sweatt probably referes to information coming from him that Oswald had been on the FBI's payroll at $200.00 per month and had informant number 179 or something like that.

Steve Thomas

Greg, not that it solves anything, but a couple of observations...

First, in Col. Jones interview he makes it clear that the 112th records do not

list Hidel as an actual alias for Oswald. There is discussion that the files

contain information that Lee Oswald was in possession of an FPCC membership

card signed by A.J. Hidell and of a statement made by Oswald to the FBI that

Hidel had recruited Oswald in August asking him to distruibute literature.

...which I suppose explains why Oswald was not immediately felt to

be using an alias in New Orleans, as I recall Hosty goes into length on this

point in his book developing why it took the New Orelans agents some two

months or so to come to the conclusion that there was no real AJ Hidell and that it the FPCC in N.O. was a one man game.

Jones goes on to say that on Nov. 22 he received information from Dallas that an individual had been arrested carrying identification with both the names A.J. Hidell (Selective Service Card) and Oswald. Jones seemed proud of the fact that a quick check of their files allowed him to reply to Dallas that the individual was Lee Oswald and that the name Hidell had been used before in association with Oswald. It's pretty apparent that he feels he figured out Hidell was Oswald - which does make him considerably faster than the FBI in New Orleans. It is sort of humorus that in his testimony, Jones still qualifies though ans says that "I am of the opinion that A.J. Hidell and Lee Harvey Oswald are one and the same"....because he is being questioned on whether it was at all possible there was a real A.J. Hidell.

-- Larry

Seriously, do you think it is legit, Bill? I tend to agree with the others here.

Oh, wait! Maybe they guessed no one would take it as genuine, so they knew it was safe to release!

Throw the public off with the facts! Those dastardly clever fiends...

Greg - I am not saying that it applies to this particular document on Oswald, but there have been false resports/documents filed and placed into the official records which eventually were discovered. I mentioned Tanenbaum and the false report he said was given to the HSCA concerning the nature of the rear head wound to JFK as witnessed by the Bethesda witnesses. Another such misleading report was filed by the Secret Service stating that the damage to the chrome strip above the windshield on the limo possibly occurred prior to the Texas trip. Why such a report was filed when all one needed to do was look at some photos or films of the President's limo as it sat at Love Field on 11/22/63 to know that it was not damaged at that time is beyond me, but someone went ahead and created a false and/or misleading report. So what I am saying is those things apparently did happen from time to time according to the records.