The Education Forum

Question for Hank Albarelli

Hank, you said in your William Morgan article that Morgan had publicly declared that he would "kill any American Marines" who attempted to invade Cuba or to interfere with Castro's objectives.

Do you know if the US media reported those words at the time (which I think was early to mid '59?)

thanks in advance to you or anyone else who can answer this.

bump

Greg, I have emailed Hank this question.

Hank, you said in your William Morgan article that Morgan had publicly declared that he would "kill any American Marines" who attempted to invade Cuba or to interfere with Castro's objectives.

Do you know if the US media reported those words at the time (which I think was early to mid '59?)

bump

Greg, I have emailed Hank this question.

Thanks John!

Reinstating the original post:

Yes, it was reported in the U.S. by several publications including the NYT.

Reinstating the original post:

Yes, it was reported in the U.S. by several publications including the NYT.

Thanks Hank. I guess Oswald could well have read it then, prior to leaving for the Soviet Union where he wrote to his brother Robert that "In the event of war I would kill any American who put a uniform on in defense of the American Government – Any American."

I have another question if I could. Do you know if John Spirito and Francois Spirito were related? Both connected to drugs, Nazis, CIA and mob...