The Education Forum

John Abt and Lee Harvey Oswald

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No offense, but I'm missing the connection between the Vogue and the smile.

To our breathless readers: I'm still looking for the footage in which you can see Oswald flash a quick smile to his left (where Ruby is standing) during his last perp walk. Has anyone else seen this footage?

There is no connection between the Vogue and the Smile

It's my feeling that OZ was saying ," Hey, I'm not sure what's going on here but " YALL " better get someone down here to get me out of this situation I've been put into.

This was'nt part of the plan!"

"I've not eaten the cheese yet but I'm ain't going down by myself."

Since he didn't kill JFK or anybody I don't think he thought his life was in danger.

As for OZ axing for Abt, I think this was a fabrication to confuse and confound and keep " THe Commies Did It " on the table until the final sheep dipping was in place.

jim

To our breathless readers: I'm still looking for the footage in which you can see Oswald flash a quick smile to his left (where Ruby is standing) during his last perp walk. Has anyone else seen this footage?

Hey DAVID: aRE YOU READY to admit that this is just WISHFUL THINKING on your part?

Hey DAVID: aRE YOU READY to admit that this is just WISHFUL THINKING on your part?

GET OUTTA HERE ! It was on YouTube for so long! It's the footage shot from above, and at an angle to Oz's left hand. It'e the footage that fully shows Ruby move in and fire, and Oswald double over, all in one shot.

Somebody else actually linked to it on this Forum - I remember because I posted a comment on Oz's "Mona Lisa Smile." It will be found. Then you'll tell me Oz is smiling at...Seth Kantor.

Edited by David Andrews

Guest Tom Scully

I'll find it, Ray. I've seen the "smile" footage more than once.

"Smirking" is a lie by Ruby and an obfuscation built on it by Posner.

I ran across this today, and wondered if perhaps, there might be some sort of peripheral link to, a, what would you call it? An enemy of the ACLU?

Home/Archive/Documents/JFK Assassination Documents/JFK Documents - Federal Bureau of Investigation/FBI - HSCA Subject Files/FBI - HSCA Subject Files, A - B/FBI - HSCA Subject File: American Civil Liberties Union/

NARA Record Number: 124-90108-10027

MAVERICK TYMAN & GOODMAN

Maverick Building San Antonio, Texas

January 8, 1963

The Vogue

301 E. Houston

San Antonio, Texas

Gentlemen:

I am advised that you are going to give all your employees, (or, in the alternative

all your new employees) a lie detector test.

You may have the legal right to do this, but I have the moral obligation as Director of the American Civil

Liberties Union to protest against it.

The Supreme Court of Texas and the United States have discredited this type of evidence

and not one single court in Texas will admit it as evidence.

This lie detector business is dirty business.

It is worthy of a Nazi Germany, a Fascist Italy, a Stalinist Russia. You are being ruthlessly cruel to your own people

If you persist in this, I will make a public issue of it.

(Maury Maverick, Jr.)

Signature

Director, Central Texas

Division, American Civil Liberties Union

Copy To:

A.C.L.U. at New York

A.C.L.U. at Austin

employees of Vogue

I will be the first to admit, this is something of a reach; but I have never heard of any Vogue, other than the magazine. So I believe it is worthy of

exploration.

Robert, Maury Maverick, Jr.'s letter was intended for Howard Koen.:

San Antonio Express - August 5, 1962, San Antonio, Texas

Image loading

...SUIT model, Jane Taylor, and Howard Koen, manager of the Vogue, display two of suits which... ...assembled..."Berkley" is Vogue's jacket svith a... ...slim skirl.i altered at the Vogue for misses and half sizes. j included will he the... ...Fashions...sizes. j included will he the... ...Fashions 16 be featured Will Vogue. stales, "The entire fourth include boxy, fitleci and belted... ...sales...

Refine by:

Date: Sunday, August 05, 1962

City: San Antonio

State: Texas

San Antonio Express - July 18, 1963, San Antonio, Texas

Image loading

Begin Thursday The Vogue's traditional annual uit sale opens Thursday. Howard Koen, manager, states, The entire fourth floor w U1 be...

Refine by:

Date: Thursday, July 18, 1963

San Antonio Light - October 2, 1963, San Antonio, Texas

Image loading

...BIRTHDAY EVENT OPENS AT THE VOGUE Howard Koen, general manager; Marianne Reyes, model WORTH (AP) Police... ...to open...Marianne Reyes, model WORTH (AP) Police... ...to open branch t North Howard Koen, general manager, aid: "Our anniversary sale is timed at... ...most...

Refine by:

Date: Wednesday, October 02, 1963

San Antonio Express - October 3, 1963, San Antonio, Texas

Image loading

...opened .1 North Star Mall. Howard Koen, general manag- er'says, "Our anniversary sale is imed it-trie... ...palien..."Our anniversary sale is imed it-trie... ...palien in making arrangements. The Vogue Celebrating Anniversary With Sale A "happy birthday" celebra- on will... ...tha...A "happy birthday" celebra- on will... ...tha past four decades The Vogue haj grown to Its pres- ent stature ot six floors... ....up...

The Vogue Department Store was a two store, San Antonio enterprise, and one store was located for many years until it closed sometime in the mid-1960's at the corner of 301-303 E. Houston and 600 Navarro.

http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/details.cfm?id=24036

Howard Koen is since non-existent on the internet.

Thanks to a friendly curatorial suggestion, we are getting closer. I hope to review several films this week and find the best shot of the smile - which really is a quick smile and not just a head turn, in the version once so easily found.

Meanwhile, these past remembrances, with their period hyperbole:

http://www.acorn.net/jfkplace/09/fp.back_issues/30th_Issue/lho_ruby.html

Edited by David Andrews

hi david;

i believe this is one frame from the film of lho possibly siteing ruby....b

Ah Yes, this is the PROOF I have been waiting for. Excuse me while I kiss the sky!

:blink:

and did it smooch back....??? :lol: i always thought it not a smile but a more or less recognition look, but then i'm in the sky......lordy help us all...we sure all could use it...:blink::lol::ph34r: b