The Education Forum

John Abt and Lee Harvey Oswald

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Jeff Carter said:

Bart - what do you mean by "fobbed"? 

led astray or led down the wrong path...when Olds and three others arrived, they could not get Earl Cabell on the phone, nor could they talk to Fritz and were met by Glen King and later on Charles Webster. They never got to talk with Oswald or Fritz.

Do you have any thoughts regarding Oswald’s links to ACLU he established a few weeks earlier?

Michael Paine takes him to ACLU meeting Oct 25. Oswald reports this to Communist Party USA newspaper in a letter several days later. He then rents a new PO Box and affiliates both FPCC and ACLU on the postal form. He then sends membership application to ACLU and requests information  on local groups, even as he already knows the answers through Michael Paine.

Michael Paine tells Warren Commission on October 25: “I took him in my car, he and I alone, and on the way, which takes about 35 minutes, described the ACLU to him, and he didn’t know about it, and described its purpose.” (WCH II, p. 407). Is it credible that Oswald would be unaware of the ACLU prior to that evening?