LBJ: The Mastermind of JFK's Assassination

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Last Days of the President

LBJ in retirement

by Leo Janos

On the night before Christmas, 1971, Blah, Blah, Blah. . .

Blah, Blah, Blah. . .

The flagship of Johnson's business empire had been the Austin television station, KTBC, which Lady Bird had launched in 1952, nine years after she bought radio station KTBC. In September, 1972, LBJ engineered the station's sale to the Los Angeles Times-Mirror Corporation for nine million dollars, a premium price which impressed several of Texas' shrewdest horse traders.

. . . Blah, Blah, Blah.

http://www.theatlantic.com/issues/73jul/janos.htm

I'm sorry, Bernice, that was a little more of the blather of one of his former aides than I could take (though I did quote him once in the book, regarding the Johnson canard about JFK's assassination being a retaliation from Castro for the attempts on his life).

As to the KTBC business as being operated by Lady Bird, that has been thoroughly demonstrated to be false by a number of authors, including Robert Caro and Robert Dallek. As for my own take on this:

"He (Johnson) was also thinking in terms of acquiring businesses that he could claim were run by his wife, even though it was none other than himself who would have actual control. The broadcasting business—specifically radio station KTBC, which was near bankruptcy largely because of Johnson’s influence with the FCC as discussed elsewhere when he bought it at a discount—matched his requirements for securing the financial wherewithal he needed; it miraculously turned around immediately when he bought it, becoming extremely profitable. Having “Johnson men” throughout the government bureaucracy, including the FCC in getting approvals for expanding its license multiple times over the years, would pay huge dividends to Johnson during his tenure.

. . .

In his book Lone Star Rising: Lyndon Johnson and His Times 1908-1960, Robert Dallek chronicled the path he followed in growing this initial investment into a multi-million-dollar family corporation by the 1950s. It was done through his use of his position to obtain special favors with numerous contacts at the FCC to obtain licenses, to acquire additional radio and VHF television stations, to get approvals for increasing the station’s broadcasting power and generally expanding their operation without regulatory interference. All during this

time, Lyndon was the acknowledged power behind the ascendancy of the radio and television broadcasting businesses even though he consistently denied it and tried to pass off the lie that it was solely Lady Bird’s interest.

Likewise, he always insisted, and his minions at the FCC complied, that no records of his involvement or influence ever be found in any of the agency’s files. His repeated denials of having any direct involvement in the operation

of their radio and television business were categorically debunked by Robert Caro in “Means of Ascent.”148

The original journalists and biographers (e.g. Janos, Kearns, Miller, et. al.) were firmly in Johnson's control and he began feeding them little bits of information to get them beholden to him so that he could start feeding them baseless lies about himself and anything else he might dream up to put his actions in the best light possible. In order to understand how perverted and evil Johnson was, one must first accept the axiom that anything (and, at times, everything) Johnson said was a lie. He would often say that something was truthful that he really knew to be a lie, but he came to think that if he said it, it must be true. Before his takeover of the U.S. government, here is what the Kennedy's thought of his veracity:

"JFK once said “that Lyndon was a chronic xxxx; that he had been making all sorts of assurances to me for years and has lived up to none of them.”12 Robert Kennedy’s description of Johnson, which can be heard on the referenced Web site, was that he was “mean, bitter, vicious, an animal, in many ways; I think he’s got this other side to him that makes his relationships with other human beings very difficult, unless you want to kiss his be-hind all the time."

------------

. . . "Bobby later complained that Johnson ‘lies all the time. I’m telling you, he just lies continuously, about everything. In every conversation I have with him, he lies. As I’ve said, he lies even when he doesn’t have to.’”195 (emphasis added) JFK agreed on this point, telling Jackie on the evening of November 21, 1963 that Lyndon Johnson was “incapable of telling the truth.”196 Similar statements had been made by people who knew him when he was younger: classmates who routinely called him “Bull” (for “Bullxxxx”) Johnson because he lied so much that he was considered “the biggest xxxx on campus;” but beyond that, there was no difference to him in truth or falsehood, the facts were whatever he deemed them to be; he was, in one classmate’s words, “a man who just could not tell the truth.”197 Most men would be embarrassed to be caught in a lie, but not Johnson: men who knew him in Texas agreed that even when caught in a lie, he wouldn’t flinch; he would resume lying again about the same thing, almost immediately.198 Caro points out that this was not just a nickname used behind his back; it was used by other students to his face: “Howya doin’, Bull?”

--------------

Robert Caro spent several years interviewing people who knew him during those years and concluded: “By the time the researcher completes his work on Lyndon Johnson’s college years, he knows that one alumnus had not been exaggerating when he said, “A lot of people at San Marcos didn’t just dislike Lyndon Johnson; they despised Lyndon Johnson.

There are many books, such as Janos', which embody the Johnson lies he planted, beginning almost fifty years ago, knowing that those words would outlast him and would help to create a legacy based upon those lies. Unfortunately, it has worked. When even his two most notable biographers, Caro and Dallek, attempt to correct the record in those (relatively small) ways--and fail to reach everyone with the truth--you can imagine what I'm up against! :-(

This sounds like a vitally important book. As U.S. Marshal Clint Peoples once told me about LBJ, "It is about time that the truth comes out." I certainly plan to purchase your work.

Ranger Peoples is probably the biggest "hero" in my book, as illustrated in this excerpt:

Clearly, Estes’s checkered past causes anyone to be skeptical about his general credibility; therefore the veracity of his statements regarding Johnson’s involvement is open to debate. Yet one man—a man whose impeccable credentials and highly regarded reputation among Texas law enforcement officials, a man who knew Estes for more than two decades and was responsible for his finally being arraigned—Texas Ranger Captain Clint Peoples, felt that Estes’s unique knowledge of Johnson’s history of criminal conduct was the key to solving the “crime of the century.” Captain Peoples made the judgment that Estes was then a convincing witness who should be listened to; clearly, Peoples considered the man’s character at that point in time and felt that it justified giving him an equal measure, at least, of the “benefit of the doubt” so long extended to Lyndon B. Johnson. After working on his own time for many years to break the Wallace murders open, and tie him directly into the Kennedy assassination as well, as he was about to announce his findings, his car was broadsided by a large truck, immediately killing him. According to Madeleine Brown, who had gotten to know him and had furnished information to him regarding Mac Wallace, “His wrists showed marks (that apparently were caused) from handcuffs.” Captain Peoples knew too much and was still a threat to certain people and institutions as late as 1992. The statements made by Billie Sol Estes, therefore, are vindicated not by the author but by the estimable Ranger Captain Clint Peoples, whose intimate knowledge of the people and events related to this sorry chapter of American history more than offset any sway of doubt about the veracity of Estes.

Thanks for your support (and purchase). I think you won't be disappointed.

There's quite a remarkable similarity between a rather famous ranger and a much speculated person crossing the street in one of the later dp pics. did peoples ever indicate any ranger involvement and if so in what terms?

• 1 month later...
Guest Robert Morrow

James Fetzer's very positive review of LBJ: Mastermind of JFK's Assassination, http://www.lbj-themastermind.com/

'From first chapter to last, this is a beautifully written, intellectually captivating, and ultimately persuasive account of the role of LBJ in the assassination of JFK. I had more than 100 conversations with Madeleine Duncan Brown, one of his many mistresses but the only one who bore him a son. She, too, became convinced that Lyndon was profoundly involved in the death of his predecessor. On New Year's Eve, six weeks after the assassination, they had a rendezvous at the Driskill Hotel in Austin, where she confronted him with rumors, rampant in Dallas at the time, that he had been involved, since no one stood more to gain. He blew up at her and told her that the CIA and the oil boys had decided that JFK had to be taken out. She wrote about it in her book, TEXAS IN THE MORNING. Her account has been reinforced by Billy Sol Estes, the Texas wheeler-dealer who made mountains of money for Lyndon, Connally, and their buddies, who explains in his book, A TEXAS LEGEND, how he became convinced that Cliff Carter, LBJ's chief administrative assistant, and Malcolm "Mac" Wallace, his personal assassin (by whom Lyndon had a dozen or more persons terminated, including one of his sisters), had been personally involved. E. Howard Hunt, in his "Last Confessions" in ROLLING STONE, explained to his son, St. John, that LBJ, Cord Meyer, William Harvey, David Sanchez Morales, and others in the CIA had been involved in the assassination. For an overview, enter "John F. Kennedy: History, Memory, Legacy", and download Chapter 30. Or visit [...], "Reclaiming History: A Closed Mind Perpetrating a Fraud on the Public", and you will understand the context within which it took place. For a short course, try "Reasoning about Assassinantions" via google. I also recommend James Douglass, JFK AND THE UNSPEAKABLE. Both make profound contributions to the case."

Robert Morrow's review of this fabulous book about the role of Lyndon Johnson in the JFK Assassination. I highly recommend it for historians, people with an interest in American history and politics, journalists, opinion makers and the public at large. This is a very important book:

"This book is a MUST READ book for students of the JFK assassination. I have over 200+ books related to the JFK Assassination and LBJ: Mastermind of JFK's Assassination is the #1 book that I recommend to folks to read. As Mr. Fetzer says, read it then read JFK and the Unspeakable: Why he Died and Why it Matters by James Douglass, which covers the CIA angle of the JFK assassination.

It is time for Americans, historians, journalists, opinion makers to start speaking HONESTLY about Lyndon Johnson and his role in the JFK assassination. Lyndon Johnson was a psychopathic serial killer, who had a personal hit man named Malcolm Wallace. LBJ was literally murdering people over the years to keep a lid on his gargantuan corruption. One good example, would the murder of an Agricultural Dept. bureaucrat Henry Marshall, of Bryan, TX in June, 1961. This murdered was plotted by Lyndon Johnson, his top aide Cliff Carter, Billie Sol Estes and Malcolm Wallace who probably carried it out. Lyndon Johnson had already murdered perhaps 15-20 people by the time LBJ made a dirty deal with the CIA and he got the blood of JFK on his knife.

The murder of John Kennedy was an elite domestic conspiracy very probably involving Lyndon Johnson, the CIA, Texas oil men such as HL Hunt, Clint Murchison, Sr., high ranking elements of the US military, and high level elitists of the Eastern Establishment, perhaps in including Allen Dulles, Nelson Rockefeller, perhaps even David Rockefeller. The author does not mention the role of George Herbert Walker Bush, but he may very well have been involved, too. In a nutshell, with prodding from the shadow government and rich Texas oil men, and perhaps the Rockefeller intelligence nexus on the East Coast, the CIA murdered John Kennedy. But the most critical element was the foreknowledge, approval and participation of the traitorous Vice President Lyndon Johnson. LBJ and his close friend (and neighbor of 19 years) J. Edgar Hoover of the FBI were in charge of the cover up. Many folks do not know how close Lyndon Johnson and Hoover were, that they were neighbors for 19 years in Wash, DC and that Texas oil men had J. Edgar Hoover in their pocket. Please check out the following passages:

From Defrauding America, Rodney Stich, 3rd edition 1998 p. 638-639]:

"The Role of deep-cover CIA officer, Trenton Parker, has been described in earlier pages, and his function in the CIA's counter-intelligence unit, Pegasus. Parker had stated to me earlier that a CIA faction was responsible for the murder of JFK ... During an August 21, 1993, conversation, in response to my questions, Parker said that his Pegasus group had tape recordings of plans to assassinate Kennedy. I asked him, "What group were these tapes identifying?" Parker replied: "Rockefeller, Allen Dulles, JOHNSON of Texas, GEORGE BUSH, and J. Edgar Hoover." I asked, "What was the nature of the conversation on these tapes?"

I don't have the tapes now, because all the tape recordings were turned over to [Congressman] Larry McDonald. But I listened to the tape recordings and there were conversations between Rockefeller, [J. Edgar] Hoover, where [Nelson] Rockefeller asks, "Are we going to have any problems?" And he said, "No, we aren't going to have any problems. I checked with Dulles. If they do their job we'll do our job." There are a whole bunch of tapes, because Hoover didn't realize that his phone has been tapped. Defrauding America, Rodney Stich, p. 638-639].

Madeleine Duncan Brown was the most beloved mistress of Lyndon Johnson for 21 years from 1948 until 1969. Madeleine is one of the truth tellers and keys to understanding the ugly reality of the JFK assassination. She had a son Steven Mark with Lyndon in 1950. Madeleine lived from 1925 to 2002 and was madly in love with Lyndon Johnson when she wrote the book Texas in the Morning 24 years after the death of LBJ. She makes some BLOCKBUSTER revelations in this book, such as:

In the night of 12/31/63 morning of January 1, 1964, just 6 weeks after the JFK assassination, Madeleine asked Lyndon Johnson:

"Lyndon, you know that a lot of people believe you had something to do with President Kennedy's assassination."

He shot up out of bed and began pacing and waving his arms screaming like a madman. I was scared!

"That's bull___, Madeleine Brown!" he yelled. "Don't tell me you believe that ____!"

"Of course not." I answered meekly, trying to cool his temper.

"It was Texas oil and those %$%& renegade intelligence bastards in Washington." [said Lyndon Johnson, the new president; Texas in the Morning, p. 189] [LBJ told this to Madeleine on 1/1/64 in the locally famous Driskill Hotel, Austin, TX in room #254. They spent New Year's Eve `64 together here (12/31/63). Room #254 was the room that LBJ used to have rendevous' with his girlfriends - today it is known as the LBJ Room, and rents for $600-1,000/night as a Presidential suite at the Driskill; located on the Mezzanine Level.]

What Lyndon Johnson did not tell Madeleine was that Texas Oil (read H.L. Hunt, Clint Murchison, Sr) and the CIA (especially the Gen Ed Lansdale, Operation 40/Operation Mongoose crowd) were murdering John Kennedy with the full knowledge, approval and participation of VP Lyndon Johnson.

Author Phillip Nelson does a fabulous job of detailing the evil and corruption that was the psychopath Lyndon Johnson. Lyndon Johnson was at the CENTER of the JFK assassination and he had plenty of help. I give this book 10 out of 10 stars and it is a MUST READ.

Robert Morrow Austin, TX 512-306-1510 Contact me at Morrow321@!aol.com and I will send you my "LBJ and CIA killed JFK" file, which dovetails with this fabulous book!

Edited by Robert Morrow

James Fetzer's very positive review of LBJ: Mastermind of JFK's Assassination, http://www.lbj-themastermind.com/

'From first chapter to last, this is a beautifully written, intellectually captivating, and ultimately persuasive account of the role of LBJ in the assassination of JFK. I had more than 100 conversations with Madeleine Duncan Brown, one of his many mistresses but the only one who bore him a son. She, too, became convinced that Lyndon was profoundly involved in the death of his predecessor. On New Year's Eve, six weeks after the assassination, they had a rendezvous at the Driskill Hotel in Austin, where she confronted him with rumors, rampant in Dallas at the time, that he had been involved, since no one stood more to gain. He blew up at her and told her that the CIA and the oil boys had decided that JFK had to be taken out. She wrote about it in her book, TEXAS IN THE MORNING. Her account has been reinforced by Billy Sol Estes, the Texas wheeler-dealer who made mountains of money for Lyndon, Connally, and their buddies, who explains in his book, A TEXAS LEGEND, how he became convinced that Cliff Carter, LBJ's chief administrative assistant, and Malcolm "Mac" Wallace, his personal assassin (by whom Lyndon had a dozen or more persons terminated, including one of his sisters), had been personally involved. E. Howard Hunt, in his "Last Confessions" in ROLLING STONE, explained to his son, St. John, that LBJ, Cord Meyer, William Harvey, David Sanchez Morales, and others in the CIA had been involved in the assassination. For an overview, enter "John F. Kennedy: History, Memory, Legacy", and download Chapter 30. Or visit [...], "Reclaiming History: A Closed Mind Perpetrating a Fraud on the Public", and you will understand the context within which it took place. For a short course, try "Reasoning about Assassinantions" via google. I also recommend James Douglass, JFK AND THE UNSPEAKABLE. Both make profound contributions to the case."

Robert Morrow's review of this fabulous book about the role of Lyndon Johnson in the JFK Assassination. I highly recommend it for historians, people with an interest in American history and politics, journalists, opinion makers and the public at large. This is a very important book:

"This book is a MUST READ book for students of the JFK assassination. I have over 200+ books related to the JFK Assassination and LBJ: Mastermind of JFK's Assassination is the #1 book that I recommend to folks to read. As Mr. Fetzer says, read it then read JFK and the Unspeakable: Why he Died and Why it Matters by James Douglass, which covers the CIA angle of the JFK assassination.

It is time for Americans, historians, journalists, opinion makers to start speaking HONESTLY about Lyndon Johnson and his role in the JFK assassination. Lyndon Johnson was a psychopathic serial killer, who had a personal hit man named Malcolm Wallace. LBJ was literally murdering people over the years to keep a lid on his gargantuan corruption. One good example, would the murder of an Agricultural Dept. bureaucrat Henry Marshall, of Bryan, TX in June, 1961. This murdered was plotted by Lyndon Johnson, his top aide Cliff Carter, Billie Sol Estes and Malcolm Wallace who probably carried it out. Lyndon Johnson had already murdered perhaps 15-20 people by the time LBJ made a dirty deal with the CIA and he got the blood of JFK on his knife.

The murder of John Kennedy was an elite domestic conspiracy very probably involving Lyndon Johnson, the CIA, Texas oil men such as HL Hunt, Clint Murchison, Sr., high ranking elements of the US military, and high level elitists of the Eastern Establishment, perhaps in including Allen Dulles, Nelson Rockefeller, perhaps even David Rockefeller. The author does not mention the role of George Herbert Walker Bush, but he may very well have been involved, too. In a nutshell, with prodding from the shadow government and rich Texas oil men, and perhaps the Rockefeller intelligence nexus on the East Coast, the CIA murdered John Kennedy. But the most critical element was the foreknowledge, approval and participation of the traitorous Vice President Lyndon Johnson. LBJ and his close friend (and neighbor of 19 years) J. Edgar Hoover of the FBI were in charge of the cover up. Many folks do not know how close Lyndon Johnson and Hoover were, that they were neighbors for 19 years in Wash, DC and that Texas oil men had J. Edgar Hoover in their pocket. Please check out the following passages:

"The Role of deep-cover CIA officer, Trenton Parker, has been described in earlier pages, and his function in the CIA's counter-intelligence unit, Pegasus. Parker had stated to me earlier that a CIA faction was responsible for the murder of JFK ... During an August 21, 1993, conversation, in response to my questions, Parker said that his Pegasus group had tape recordings of plans to assassinate Kennedy. I asked him, "What group were these tapes identifying?" Parker replied: "Rockefeller, Allen Dulles, JOHNSON of Texas, GEORGE BUSH, and J. Edgar Hoover." I asked, "What was the nature of the conversation on these tapes?"

I don't have the tapes now, because all the tape recordings were turned over to [Congressman] Larry McDonald. But I listened to the tape recordings and there were conversations between Rockefeller, [J. Edgar] Hoover, where [Nelson] Rockefeller asks, "Are we going to have any problems?" And he said, "No, we aren't going to have any problems. I checked with Dulles. If they do their job we'll do our job." There are a whole bunch of tapes, because Hoover didn't realize that his phone has been tapped. Defrauding America, Rodney Stich, p. 638-639].

Madeleine Duncan Brown was the most beloved mistress of Lyndon Johnson for 21 years from 1948 until 1969. Madeleine is one of the truth tellers and keys to understanding the ugly reality of the JFK assassination. She had a son Steven Mark with Lyndon in 1950. Madeleine lived from 1925 to 2002 and was madly in love with Lyndon Johnson when she wrote the book Texas in the Morning 24 years after the death of LBJ. She makes some BLOCKBUSTER revelations in this book, such as:

In the night of 12/31/63 morning of January 1, 1964, just 6 weeks after the JFK assassination, Madeleine asked Lyndon Johnson:

"Lyndon, you know that a lot of people believe you had something to do with President Kennedy's assassination."

He shot up out of bed and began pacing and waving his arms screaming like a madman. I was scared!

"That's bull___, Madeleine Brown!" he yelled. "Don't tell me you believe that ____!"

"It was Texas oil and those %$%& renegade intelligence bastards in Washington." [said Lyndon Johnson, the new president; Texas in the Morning, p. 189] [LBJ told this to Madeleine on 1/1/64 in the locally famous Driskill Hotel, Austin, TX in room #254. They spent New Year's Eve `64 together here (12/31/63). Room #254 was the room that LBJ used to have rendevous' with his girlfriends - today it is known as the LBJ Room, and rents for $600-1,000/night as a Presidential suite at the Driskill; located on the Mezzanine Level.]

What Lyndon Johnson did not tell Madeleine was that Texas Oil (read H.L. Hunt, Clint Murchison, Sr) and the CIA (especially the Gen Ed Lansdale, Operation 40/Operation Mongoose crowd) were murdering John Kennedy with the full knowledge, approval and participation of VP Lyndon Johnson.

Author Phillip Nelson does a fabulous job of detailing the evil and corruption that was the psychopath Lyndon Johnson. Lyndon Johnson was at the CENTER of the JFK assassination and he had plenty of help. I give this book 10 out of 10 stars and it is a MUST READ.

Robert Morrow Austin, TX 512-306-1510 Contact me at Morrow321@!aol.com and I will send you my "LBJ and CIA killed JFK" file, which dovetails with this fabulous book!

Robert,

Any relation to you?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dwight_Morrow

Guest Robert Morrow

Robert,

Any relation to you?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dwight_Morrow

I am not directly kin to Dwight Morrow. I am sure we are very distant cousins.

Edited by Robert Morrow

• 2 months later...

I am not confused about LBJ's involvement in the JFK murder/cover up. I am mystified that anyone would believe such a fairy tale. There is no basis in fact to support such a story.

And I understand the complexity of the plot. I have lived most of my life in the post-JFK era, and I've seen what's been done to this country by the killers of JFK.

This is no fairy tale; its the only believable possibility and it is based upon facts all the way through, as demonstrated by the 1,827 citations to other works.

Alas, as herein revealed, such a multitude of citations can oft times end up being a burden.

Am I correct in stating you believe the plan to assassinate the yet-to-be President Kennedy began 5 years before it occurred?

And even then, LBJ failed to duck before the first shot?

Mmmm ....

Let me ponder that while I drift off to sleep.

To all who may venture upon these words, have a merry one, and don't try to follow that single snowflake all the way down from the heavens with both your eyes. There is a chance it might land on the tip of your nose and leave you cross-eyed!

Cheers

PF

• 9 months later...

James Wagenvoord was the editorial business manager and assistant to Life Magazines Executive Editor in 1963. At the time of the assassination of JFK, Lyndon B. Johnson was being drawn into political scandals involving Fred Korth, Billie Sol Estes and Bobby Baker. According to Wagenvoord, the magazine was working on an article that would have revealed Johnson's corrupt activities. "Beginning in later summer 1963 the magazine, based upon information fed from Bobby Kennedy and the Justice Department, had been developing a major news break piece concerning Johnson and Bobby Baker. On publication Johnson would have been finished and off the 1964 ticket (reason the material was fed to us) and would probably have been facing prison time. At the time LIFE magazine was arguably the most important general news source in the US. The top management of Time Inc. was closely allied with the USA's various intelligence agencies and we were used after by the Kennedy Justice Department as a conduit to the public."

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/JFKwagenvoord.htm

Announcing the Second Edition of "LBJ: The Mastermind of JFK's Assassination"

The first edition was withdrawn from the new book market, as of May 15, 2011. The manuscript for the book has been professionally re-edited and substantially revised and updated with new material which makes the case against Johnson even more compelling than was true of the earlier edition. Despite all the new material, some of it noted below, the overall size of the book has been reduced by about 10%; it is a much "easier read" than the first edition, much more focused as a result of the deletion of the extraneous material.

The following summary explains some of the more significant revisions:

* The Preface and Introduction were combined and reduced in size and the Epilogue cut substantially. The material on Viet Nam, the essays on how Johnson treated his subordinates, the stuff about "gift giving" and Doris Kearns and so forth have been eliminated.

* The new material will include a piece on newspaper reporter Connie Kritzberg, whose lead story in the Dallas Herald Tribune the day of the assassination was pre-empted by the FBI within hours and changed without her permission;

* A piece was added on the disappearance of Madeleine Brown's son's nanny, Dale Turner, who had the misfortune of witnessing the intimacy of LBJ and Madeleine;

* The "shot sequence" has been completely revised and expanded into a more comprehensive description, with the help of Jim Fetzer, and based upon a consensus of several other authors who have studied this very extensively: at least eight shots, possibly ten or more altogether were part of the "flurry" of shots into the limo;

* The presence of many CIA operatives in Dallas that day is detailed.

* More references to material from Richard Goodwin's book "Remembering America," which helps to document Johnson's mental condition after he became president, were added.

* A few citations from Judyth Baker's book were also added, to "fill-in" certain (otherwise mysterious) parts of Oswald's journeys, such as the Clinton LA trip and his journey through Texas and appearances in San Antonio and at Sylvia Odio's home, on his way to Mexico.

The new website for the book is here: http://www.lbjmastermind.com/

The new edition of the book will be introduced in November, 2011 by the new publisher, Skyhorse Publications. The book is available for pre-orders at Amazon at this listing:

amazon.com/LBJ-Mastermind-Assassination-Phillip-Nelson/dp/1616083778

* A few citations from Judyth Baker's book were also added, to "fill-in" certain (otherwise mysterious) parts of Oswald's journeys, such as the Clinton LA trip and his journey through Texas and appearances in San Antonio and at Sylvia Odio's home, on his way to Mexico.

I am not sure that was a good idea.

John, I concede your point. And I struggled with it awhile but felt ultimately that she made a very persuasive case in "Me and Lee" which made me a believer, irrespective of whatever changes have been made in her story over the years. She had ample reason to fear becoming involved in disclosing her story for at least the first three decades, and I know I would have some difficulty in writing about the details of what I had done that long ago, so I gave her some latitude with respect to previous inconsistencies. I was impressed by all the old photos too I guess, even though it sure would have helped to have one with her beside Lee somewhere there. Regardless, those citations are not really critical to my book and I believe the details she has provided in each case make sense; I have also couched citations to her book thusly: "Judyth Vary Baker, who persuasively claims to have been Oswald's lover during the summer of 1963 in New Orleans, stated . . . " I felt that this avoided a grant of 100% credibility to her story, considering that it is highly controversial, yet allowed me to include some more details of those specific areas, both of which have appeared to be a big void in any other accounts, including the WCR.

Again, as I stated in the last edition as well as the new one, as I take away Johnson's cloak of "the benefit of the doubt" that has been liberally given to him for over five decades, I extend to all of the witnesses who have been subjected to ridicule and abuse (you know all the names, like Jean Hill, Roger Craig, et.al. ad infinitum) a bit more credibility just to even the scales.

Time will tell whose stories will eventually be vindicated. I believe mine (the overarching one) will eventually be, regardless of these two citations.

John, I concede your point. And I struggled with it awhile but felt ultimately that she made a very persuasive case in "Me and Lee" which made me a believer, irrespective of whatever changes have been made in her story over the years. She had ample reason to fear becoming involved in disclosing her story for at least the first three decades, and I know I would have some difficulty in writing about the details of what I had done that long ago, so I gave her some latitude with respect to previous inconsistencies. I was impressed by all the old photos too I guess, even though it sure would have helped to have one with her beside Lee somewhere there. Regardless, those citations are not really critical to my book and I believe the details she has provided in each case make sense; I have also couched citations to her book thusly: "Judyth Vary Baker, who persuasively claims to have been Oswald's lover during the summer of 1963 in New Orleans, stated . . . " I felt that this avoided a grant of 100% credibility to her story, considering that it is highly controversial, yet allowed me to include some more details of those specific areas, both of which have appeared to be a big void in any other accounts, including the WCR.

Again, as I stated in the last edition as well as the new one, as I take away Johnson's cloak of "the benefit of the doubt" that has been liberally given to him for over five decades, I extend to all of the witnesses who have been subjected to ridicule and abuse (you know all the names, like Jean Hill, Roger Craig, et.al. ad infinitum) a bit more credibility just to even the scales.

Time will tell whose stories will eventually be vindicated. I believe mine (the overarching one) will eventually be, regardless of these two citations.

I, too, believe that your chronicle of LBJ's role in the assassination of JFK will be ultimately be vindicated by history and I congratulate you on devoting the time and energy that was required to marshal the credible evidence.