The Education Forum

JFK's Double

Howard Brennan said that one of the FBI agents assigned to his protective detail was an agent who looked just like JFK and was his "double."

Gary Mack says that JFK didn't have an official double, but that one agent looked just like him.

Who was the FBI agent who accompanied SA Robert C. Lish to Brennan's home on the weekend of the assassination?

Brennan wrote in his book:

SA FBI ROBERT C. LISH MAKES TV FILM OF BRENNAN DISAPEAR

....Pushing my way through this mob I found the office I'd been instructed to go to. Mr. Sorrels was there and another man who identified himself as Agent Robert C. Lish of the F.B.I. Lish was a short man of a medium weight and build who curiously wore his hat most of the time. I remembered talking to him earlier on the phone. I told Mr. Lish, "I'm not at all satisfied with this situation!" Lish looked a bit puzzled. What do you mean?" he said. "My picture has been on the television several times today without my permission and I know someone is going to recognize me and put two and two together. I want it taken off and I want it taken off right away!" Mr. Lish nodded and said something to another man who was in the room who immediately left. From that moment, my picture never appeared on that television channel again.

"I want to keep my identity a secret!" I told them. "We'll do all we can to help you do that," Lish said. "We want you to look at a lineup and see if you can find someone in it who resembles the man you saw on the sixth floor. I said, "I'll be glad to cooperate, but I don't think it's fair for me to make an identification. Any one of a million people who saw him on television a while ago could make the same identification." Lish smiled diplomatically.

BRENNAN MEETS JFK'S DOUBLE

...About 9:30 we heard a knock at the door and we both went to answer it. Louise stayed a little behind me. It was Agent Lish of the F.B.I. Looking out I could see a car parked at the curb. Looking further I could make out that he wasn't alone but had brought someone with him. "I'd like to see you if you aren't too tired."

"That's perfectly O.K. I don't think I'm going to sleep very much tonight anyway. Why don't you come in and have a cup of coffee?" Lish came in and seemed more informal and friendly than I had remembered while at City Hall. "I thought we might get better acquainted and maybe answer some of your questions," he said. As we started to pass pleasantries, another man stepped from the shadows on the porch where I had only seen his figure and moved into the light. Louise gave an audible gasp that all of us could hear and I felt a shock run through me. There standing in our little hallway was John F. Kennedy, alive again. At least that's what I thought at that instant. The man standing there was the exact double of the late President in every detail. Had I not known that the President was dead, I would have staked my life that I was being visited by him. Every feature about him, his face, his hair, his build, even his clothes looked exactly like the President. It was as if a ghost had suddenly appeared. Even his voice sounded so much like Mr. Kennedy's. My mind simply couldn't absorb it all and Louise was struck dumb, her eyes wide open in amazement. Lish introduced the double as a fellow agent and apologized for not preparing us for this shocking experience. We all sat down at the kitchen table. Later I would learn that many American Presidents have had doubles, including President Roosevelt. All my life I had heard that there is someone, somewhere who looks exactly like you, but until that night I'd never known it for the truth. The agent told us some of his experiences doubling for the President. They were fascinating. We emptied the coffee pot, made another pot, drank that and just kept the coffee and cookies in supply as we kept at vigil. A President was dead, a killer was being interrogated, a nation was in shock. Everything had slowed down to a crawl and on this Friday night as the hour grew later and later, it seemed unbelievable that my wife and I were sitting at the kitchen table drinking coffee and eating cookies with F.B.I. agents we hadn't even known a few hours ago....

All of which leads to more questions, like who was JFK's double in Dallas and what was he doing there?

This is interesting as hell.

How does Mack know he didn't have a double?

Is it the same way he knew about those bullets at the gravel pit being bought by Oswald?

I don't know about Gary Mack, but I can't find anything on an official JFK "Double."

In support of Gary's statement, I would think that if JFK really had an official "Double," that the "Double" would work for the Secret Service, and not the FBI, as it appears this guy was working with FBI agents.

Then again, Brennan says the guy who looked like JFK sat in his kitchen, drank coffee with him and his wife and regalled them with stories.

The name of the FBI agent who accompanied SA Lish to the Brennan residence should tell us his name.

Then we can get his reports and records and see what HE has to say about it.

BK

Edited by William Kelly

Thanks Bill.

Very interesting.

Did Brennan expand on these stories told that night, regarding the FBI agent doubling Kennedy. ?

OR is Brennan just full of hot air.

Hi Robin,

I only have the two chapters of Brennan's book that Ken Rahn posts at his site, but I wouldn't think he would expand on the Body Double in other chapters, nor mention the Suspicious Olds again, though somebody with the book might be able to tell us.

I don't think he's full of hot air, though one Lone Nutter said that Brennan had to expand considerbably on his statement and testimony in order to get a full book together, so he probably puffed it up a bit.

Though that is probably true, the Lone Nutters still accept his Lone Identificaiton of Oswald as the shooter.

They measured from the spot Brennan was standing to the TSBD as being 94 feet, and we know the seventh floor window was approximately 60 feet from the ground, so if you know the two sides of a triangle you should be able to figure out what the third side is - the distance from Brennan's spot to the Sixth Floor window.

I'd like to see a photo of the Sixth Floor Sniper's Window from Brennan's spot, to see if it's possible to recognize someone in it.

If Brennan could ID the black guys on the fifth floor as they came out the front door a few minutes after the last shot, then he should have been able to identify Oswald as he came out the same door, if he was in fact the shooter Brennan saw.

BK

There must be some reports filed by FBI SA Robert C. Lish regarding Brennan that mention the agent who accompanied him to Brennan's home the weekend of the assassination.

BK

JFK Assassination documents state that Howard Brennan's first interview was at the Sheriff's Office the day of the assassination. Then there is something of a quandry;

Most hits regarding FBI interview of Howard Brennan refer to it as a "reinterview," in which the interviewing agent was William G. Brookhart, on January 10, 1964

See

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?docId=96524&relPageId=6

But the clarifying document is in WC CD 5 page 12, in which the agent who accompanied Robert C. Lish was Gaston C Thompson.

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?docId=10406&relPageId=15

Gaston C Thompson was an FBI agent from 1942 to 1976, identifying number possibly 007149.

Gaston C Thompson had more than 15 minutes of fame, and was more than a bit player in a very controversial case

which took place in May 1954, he was one of the Dallas FBI agents, who testified regarding a case, in which two persons, brothers actually,

named James Hollis Jones and Ralph Franklin Jones were charged with attempting to extort $200,000 from twenty-two Dallas Jewish families.

The headline read "Extortion Bail for Brothers Set at $75,000 Dollars"

This story is a significant prequel to the JFK Assassination, it can be argued. The investigation was headed by FBI Agent-In-Charge John K. Mumford.

The key person who was the extortionist's victim was Julius Schepps, sound familar?

SA Robert C. Lish had some pretty serious responsibilities, such as handling long distance phone calls placed to 1026 North Beckley before the assassination!

See

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?docId=95617&relPageId=30

This document is dated the day after the assassination.

As you can see, seemingly three, or possibly four phone calls were made, on 9/23/63, 9/28/63 and 10/28/63 all originating from one number.

LY3-3237 in, ostensibly Tyler, Texas.

See

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?absPageId=140860

The notice the strange notation, "On October 11, 1963, there was charged to the above telephone a conversation lasting three minutes, such being a called placed

from a coin box telephone at Huntington, Pennsylvania from a person named GEOPPTA GILBONEY or GILBOREY. The person calling asked for Geo.

It is presumed that the person called was named GEORGE; however the Geo might stand for initials of person that was being called."

Delving a little deeper, there was indeed a George Gibboney living at 1026 North Beckley at the time of the assassination, according to the mary ferrell database.

See Beckley Occupants

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/marysdb/showRec.do?id=943

Personally, I am a lot more interested in Huntington, Pennsylvania........which, by the way is not as city but is a township, not only that there are two

Huntington townships, one in Adams County, another one in Luzerne County

It is rather confusing, see for yourself

http://www.epodunk.com/cgi-bin/localSearch.php?searchStr=Huntington&parseMethod=phrase&state=39&submit=Search

But possibly more significant is that with a single letter deviation See Huntingdon, Pa. at mary ferrell.

You find...La Costra Nostra! Ralph Amato, Angelo Bruno and Sam Mannarino, among others....

See

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?docId=141830

There must be some reports filed by FBI SA Robert C. Lish regarding Brennan that mention the agent who accompanied him to Brennan's home the weekend of the assassination.

BK

JFK Assassination documents state that Howard Brennan's first interview was at the Sheriff's Office the day of the assassination. Then there is something of a quandry;

Most hits regarding FBI interview of Howard Brennan refer to it as a "reinterview," in which the interviewing agent was William G. Brookhart, on January 10, 1964

See

http://www.maryferre...524&relPageId=6

But the clarifying document is in WC CD 5 page 12, in which the agent who accompanied Robert C. Lish was Gaston C Thompson.

http://www.maryferre...06&relPageId=15

Gaston C Thompson was an FBI agent from 1942 to 1976, identifying number possibly 007149.

Gaston C Thompson had more than 15 minutes of fame, and was more than a bit player in a very controversial case

which took place in May 1954, he was one of the Dallas FBI agents, who testified regarding a case, in which two persons, brothers actually,

named James Hollis Jones and Ralph Franklin Jones were charged with attempting to extort $200,000 from twenty-two Dallas Jewish families.

The headline read "Extortion Bail for Brothers Set at $75,000 Dollars"

This story is a significant prequel to the JFK Assassination, it can be argued. The investigation was headed by FBI Agent-In-Charge John K. Mumford.

The key person who was the extortionist's victim was Julius Schepps, sound familar?

SA Robert C. Lish had some pretty serious responsibilities, such as handling long distance phone calls placed to 1026 North Beckley before the assassination!

See

http://www.maryferre...17&relPageId=30

This document is dated the day after the assassination.

As you can see, seemingly three, or possibly four phone calls were made, on 9/23/63, 9/28/63 and 10/28/63 all originating from one number.

LY3-3237 in, ostensibly Tyler, Texas.

See

http://www.maryferre...bsPageId=140860

The notice the strange notation, "On October 11, 1963, there was charged to the above telephone a conversation lasting three minutes, such being a called placed

from a coin box telephone at Huntington, Pennsylvania from a person named GEOPPTA GILBONEY or GILBOREY. The person calling asked for Geo.

It is presumed that the person called was named GEORGE; however the Geo might stand for initials of person that was being called."

Delving a little deeper, there was indeed a George Gibboney living at 1026 North Beckley at the time of the assassination, according to the mary ferrell database.

See Beckley Occupants

http://www.maryferre...owRec.do?id=943

Personally, I am a lot more interested in Huntington, Pennsylvania........which, by the way is not as city but is a township, not only that there are two

Huntington townships, one in Adams County, another one in Luzerne County

It is rather confusing, see for yourself

http://www.epodunk.c...9&submit=Search

But possibly more significant is that with a single letter deviation See Huntingdon, Pa. at mary ferrell.

You find...La Costra Nostra! Ralph Amato, Angelo Bruno and Sam Mannarino, among others....

See

http://www.maryferre...do?docId=141830

Hey Robert,

Thanks for hunting that down.

I knew there was someone outthere better than me at finding that.

I think it was probably Gastona C. Thompson - the JFK Double, though need photo to be sure.

Also, interesting links to Lish. I thought it seemed like was up to something.

They really had a phone tap on the Beckley St. Rooming House BEFORE the assassination.

That's really something.

BK

The possibility of more than one double for JFK is raised in the Joseph Milteer surveillance audio tape, yes? Not that Milteer knew of this beyond the level of rumor.

I don't know anything about JFK's "Double," but I'm learning more every day.

Gary Mack seems to think it important enough to correct the missimpression I gave everyone with my wrong description of what he said.

Since I still don't understand exactly what he means, I will give you his exact words:

I did NOT say or imply what you said I did: Gary Mack says that JFK didn't have an official double, but that one agent looked just like him.

I explained that one of the agents who visited Brennan must have looked very much like JFK and Brennan assumed he was a double. Please correct your post. Thanks, Gary Confidentiality Notice: This message may contain confidential information and is intended only for the named recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not disclose, forward, distribute, use or copy this email or its contents. If you are not the named addressee, please notify the sender immediately by return email that you have received this email by mistake and delete this email from your system.

Consider it corrected.

Edited by William Kelly

The possibility of more than one double for JFK is raised in the Joseph Milteer surveillance audio tape, yes? Not that Milteer knew of this beyond the level of rumor.

I don't know anything about JFK's "Double," but I'm learning more every day.

Gary Mack seems to think it important enough to correct the missimpression I gave everyone with my wrong description of what he said.

Since I still don't understand exactly what he means, I will give you his exact words:

I did NOT say or imply what you said I did: Gary Mack says that JFK didn't have an official double, but that one agent looked just like him.

I explained that one of the agents who visited Brennan must have looked very much like JFK and Brennan assumed he was a double. Please correct your post. Thanks, Gary Confidentiality Notice: This message may contain confidential information and is intended only for the named recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not disclose, forward, distribute, use or copy this email or its contents. If you are not the named addressee, please notify the sender immediately by return email that you have received this email by mistake and delete this email from your system.

Consider it corrected.

http://www.maryferrell.org/wiki/index.php/Transcript_of_Milteer-Somersett_Tape

SOMERSETT: Well how in the hell do you figure would be the best way to get him?

MILTEER: From an office building with a high-powered rifle, how many people [room noise--tape not legible] does he have going around who look just like him? Do you know about that?

SOMERSETT: No, I never heard that he had anybody.

MILTEER: He has got them.

SOMERSETT: He has?

MILTEER: He has about fifteen. Whenever he goes any place they [not legible] he knows he is a marked man.

+ + +

I can see how this would be open to several interpretations, including Milteer's paranoia -- David

Edited by David Andrews