The Education Forum

To Kill a President by Wesley Swearingen

Guest Robert Morrow

Guest Robert Morrow

Folks, one of the best books I have ever read on the JFK assassination is To Kill a President - An Ex-FBI Agent rips aside the veil of secrecy that killed JFK by Wesley Swearingen. http://www.amazon.com/Kill-President-Finally-Ex-FBI-secrecy/dp/1419693824/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1280814509&sr=1-3-spell

Wesley Smearingen was a longtime FBI agent, who did many black bag (illegal searches) operations for the FBI. He was also plugged into the anti-Castro Cuban exile community and he got reports of 1) the Bay of Pigs Invasion 1 year before it happened 2) reports that the Chicago mafia, the CIA were planning to kill John Kennedy one year before it happened. So Swearingen had some excellent sources.

Swearingen talks a LOT about the Chicago mafia, anti-Castro Cubans and the CIA alliance to murder John Kennedy. He also gives a lot of insight into J. Edgar Hoover, Mark Felt one of Hoover's bootlicks who also helped to run COINTELPRO and who later was also "Deep Throat." I consider this to be an extremely INFORMATIVE BOOK and I highly suggest for people to buy it. Here is a review from Amazon:

This little book was a quite an eye-opener for me, I'll tell ya! Written by a man who was an FBI agent at the time of Kennedy's assassination, this book makes some fairly strong claims such as the CIA was in on being a part of the Kennedy assassination as well as the Chicago Italian mafia along with some anti-Castro Cuban exiles. The big claim deals with Mark Felt who you may know as "Deep Throat" from the Watergate investigation as conducted by reporters Woodward and Bernstein of the Washington Post.

Recently Mr. Felt passed away (Dec 2008) and was virtually canonized in almost every obit I read on him. NONE of the ones I read mentioned his connection to the Kennedy assassination as is asserted in this work.

This seemed odd to me.

And so it is I gave this book a 4-star rating due to its historical importance. It would have had merited a 5-star but it doesn't read well in parts, and could have used some better editing there to increase the reader's enjoyment of the text. Those troublesome parts don't have as consistent a flow as the better parts of the book, but that's a small complaint relative to how interesting Mr. Swearingen's story is.

I can't remember how long ago it was that I saw a documentary on the Kennedy assassination that basically substantiates the claims in the book. Our president was NOT killed by a single shooter as was stated in the Warren Report. The second bullet that hit the president HAD to come from the front as the Zapruder film and basic criminal forensics would indictate. President Kennedy's head explodes out the back and that doesn't happen with a bullet hitting him from the rear where Lee Harvey Oswald was positioned. The rear is where the little hole would be - the entry wound. The big hole is on the other side - the front of the president in this case... and that's NOT what the Zapruder film shows in such graphic detail.

Which brings me back to Mark Felt, a member of the Training & Inspection Division at the FBI academy at the time. Upon delivering the news to Mr. Swearingen that Kennedy had just been assassinated in Dallas, he was informed by Mr. Swearingen that he had information he'd developed that indicated a conspiracy between the CIA, the Italian Mafia in Chicago and some Cuban exiles. Instead of sending Agent Swearingen to Dallas to aid in the investigation of his findings, he sends him home to his office in Paintsville, Kentucky. Now why would Saint Felt do something like that if he didn't have something to hide?

At this writing, Dec 27, 2008, I'm 56 years old and John F. Kennedy was MY president growing up. I remember in grade school doing our physical conditioning tests that came from the President's Council on Physical Fitness. It felt like President Kennedy was paying individual attention to ME! When he was killed, I was more sad then than from any family death I'd experienced at that point. So I've always had a sort of curiosity about the details of the assassination. It was personal to me.

This book gets a BIG 5-stars on the Level of Interest scale for me. If you are interested in presidential history especially that which is relative to John Kennedy, this is a book you'll find hard to put down until you finish. It will certainly make you think when you read it.

In closing, we Americans like to think our government is good at its heart and looks out for us as best it can. Well... the truth of the matter is our government is just as screwed up internally as things are out here. People are people, they have insecurities, and here's book where one formula is presented to be true: FBI = CYA when it comes to the Kennedy assassination.

I recommend you read it and judge for yourself the veracity of what you find between its covers.

And: Swearingen, a 25-year FBI veteran and world renowned whistleblower on FBI corruption and wrongdoing, now rips away the veil of secrecy concealing the FBI’s treasonous misconduct in the 45-year cover-up of JFK’s assassination. He names Cuban exiles; Chicago Mafia; and bad cops trained by the CIA’s twisted murder conspiracy. Swearingen established his credibility in FBI SECRETS, AN AGENT’S EXPOSE?, when he documented FBI fraud and dishonesty. He successfully forced the FBI to admit the truth in cases where the FBI had lied under oath to the courts and to the Congress. Working pro bono he was instrumental in helping plaintiffs win lawsuits against the FBI. Groups such as the BPI of Chicago won in 1981; Fred Hampton and Mark Clark’s survivors won $1.8 million in 1982; the SWP won $246,000.00 in 1986; Geronimo Pratt was released from prison after 25 years and won $4.5 million in 2000. The late Judy Bari won $4.4 million in 2002. The author is in 18 films including US vs. John Lennon.

Folks, one of the best books I have ever read on the JFK assassination is To Kill a President - An Ex-FBI Agent rips aside the veil of secrecy that killed JFK by Wesley Swearingen. http://www.amazon.com/Kill-President-Finally-Ex-FBI-secrecy/dp/1419693824/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1280814509&sr=1-3-spell

Wesley Smearingen was a longtime FBI agent, who did many black bag (illegal searches) operations for the FBI. He was also plugged into the anti-Castro Cuban exile community and he got reports of 1) the Bay of Pigs Invasion 1 year before it happened 2) reports that the Chicago mafia, the CIA were planning to kill John Kennedy one year before it happened. So Swearingen had some excellent sources.

Swearingen talks a LOT about the Chicago mafia, anti-Castro Cubans and the CIA alliance to murder John Kennedy. He also gives a lot of insight into J. Edgar Hoover, Mark Felt one of Hoover's bootlicks who also helped to run COINTELPRO and who later was also "Deep Throat." I consider this to be an extremely INFORMATIVE BOOK and I highly suggest for people to buy it. Here is a review from Amazon:

This little book was a quite an eye-opener for me, I'll tell ya! Written by a man who was an FBI agent at the time of Kennedy's assassination, this book makes some fairly strong claims such as the CIA was in on being a part of the Kennedy assassination as well as the Chicago Italian mafia along with some anti-Castro Cuban exiles. The big claim deals with Mark Felt who you may know as "Deep Throat" from the Watergate investigation as conducted by reporters Woodward and Bernstein of the Washington Post.

Recently Mr. Felt passed away (Dec 2008) and was virtually canonized in almost every obit I read on him. NONE of the ones I read mentioned his connection to the Kennedy assassination as is asserted in this work.

This seemed odd to me.

And so it is I gave this book a 4-star rating due to its historical importance. It would have had merited a 5-star but it doesn't read well in parts, and could have used some better editing there to increase the reader's enjoyment of the text. Those troublesome parts don't have as consistent a flow as the better parts of the book, but that's a small complaint relative to how interesting Mr. Swearingen's story is.

I can't remember how long ago it was that I saw a documentary on the Kennedy assassination that basically substantiates the claims in the book. Our president was NOT killed by a single shooter as was stated in the Warren Report. The second bullet that hit the president HAD to come from the front as the Zapruder film and basic criminal forensics would indictate. President Kennedy's head explodes out the back and that doesn't happen with a bullet hitting him from the rear where Lee Harvey Oswald was positioned. The rear is where the little hole would be - the entry wound. The big hole is on the other side - the front of the president in this case... and that's NOT what the Zapruder film shows in such graphic detail.

Which brings me back to Mark Felt, a member of the Training & Inspection Division at the FBI academy at the time. Upon delivering the news to Mr. Swearingen that Kennedy had just been assassinated in Dallas, he was informed by Mr. Swearingen that he had information he'd developed that indicated a conspiracy between the CIA, the Italian Mafia in Chicago and some Cuban exiles. Instead of sending Agent Swearingen to Dallas to aid in the investigation of his findings, he sends him home to his office in Paintsville, Kentucky. Now why would Saint Felt do something like that if he didn't have something to hide?

At this writing, Dec 27, 2008, I'm 56 years old and John F. Kennedy was MY president growing up. I remember in grade school doing our physical conditioning tests that came from the President's Council on Physical Fitness. It felt like President Kennedy was paying individual attention to ME! When he was killed, I was more sad then than from any family death I'd experienced at that point. So I've always had a sort of curiosity about the details of the assassination. It was personal to me.

This book gets a BIG 5-stars on the Level of Interest scale for me. If you are interested in presidential history especially that which is relative to John Kennedy, this is a book you'll find hard to put down until you finish. It will certainly make you think when you read it.

In closing, we Americans like to think our government is good at its heart and looks out for us as best it can. Well... the truth of the matter is our government is just as screwed up internally as things are out here. People are people, they have insecurities, and here's book where one formula is presented to be true: FBI = CYA when it comes to the Kennedy assassination.

I recommend you read it and judge for yourself the veracity of what you find between its covers.

And: Swearingen, a 25-year FBI veteran and world renowned whistleblower on FBI corruption and wrongdoing, now rips away the veil of secrecy concealing the FBI’s treasonous misconduct in the 45-year cover-up of JFK’s assassination. He names Cuban exiles; Chicago Mafia; and bad cops trained by the CIA’s twisted murder conspiracy. Swearingen established his credibility in FBI SECRETS, AN AGENT’S EXPOSE?, when he documented FBI fraud and dishonesty. He successfully forced the FBI to admit the truth in cases where the FBI had lied under oath to the courts and to the Congress. Working pro bono he was instrumental in helping plaintiffs win lawsuits against the FBI. Groups such as the BPI of Chicago won in 1981; Fred Hampton and Mark Clark’s survivors won $1.8 million in 1982; the SWP won $246,000.00 in 1986; Geronimo Pratt was released from prison after 25 years and won $4.5 million in 2000. The late Judy Bari won $4.4 million in 2002. The author is in 18 films including US vs. John Lennon.

Another thread on Swearingen and his book:

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=16085&view=findpost&p=195317

I just spoke to Mr Swearingen by phone. I had a very pleasant, as well as informative conversation with him. He is sending me an autographed copy of his book "To Kill A President". I was mistaken in thinking that he was from Paintsville, Ky, when in,fact, he was simply assigned to work the very area where I live. Mt home is only 75 miles from Paintsville. He said that he worked a case in nearby Hazard (having passed through my hometown of Whitesburg many times) in early 1963 where some people were attempting to blow up an L&N Railroad bridge.

A very amiable guy in my opinion, and I can't wait to read his book.

Guest Robert Morrow

I just spoke to Mr Swearingen by phone. I had a very pleasant, as well as informative conversation with him. He is sending me an autographed copy of his book "To Kill A President". I was mistaken in thinking that he was from Paintsville, Ky, when in,fact, he was simply assigned to work the very area where I live. Mt home is only 75 miles from Paintsville. He said that he worked a case in nearby Hazard (having passed through my hometown of Whitesburg many times) in early 1963 where some people were attempting to blow up an L&N Railroad bridge.

A very amiable guy in my opinion, and I can't wait to read his book.

Terry Adams, could you email me Mr. Swearingen's phone # (if possible)? I would like to speak with him. Also, do you think he could speak at COPA this fall? I am not on the board at COPA (Coalition for Political Assassinations) November 20-22nd, but I think he would be a SUPER speaker ... and JFK Lancer, too. My email address is Morrow321@aol.com. Also, would you invite him to start posting on Education Forum? I am sure folks would love to have him here - I would!

• 2 years later...

Bringing this back to current as I am finally getting to his books...

Read the FBI Secrets one... whcih basically paints the FBI as Hoover own private army against communists..

Reading "To Kill a President" now....

To me, it comes down to the credibility of his #1 informant Ramon.... maybe it's the style of his writing yet the way he writes Ramon's dialog as he describes the Bay of Pigs plot and then the JFK assassination

just doesn't ring as being true to the informants words - and rather like a paraphrase for ease of reading.

And while you would think this would contain a lot of FIRST HAND KNOWLEDGE... much of it is relayed as stories told over drinks among FBI buddies... or from transcripts of illegal wire taps...

He KNOWS PEOPLE who KNOW people....

One of the more interesting items to me is his naming RICHARD CAIN as an agent on the GK... at least that's how it sounded to me, and that Cain worked for and against everyone

Maybe we can find Cain in the films/videos... ?? http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/JFKcainR.htm

Swearingen is also of the opinion that Roselli fired from the sewer (I know it still sounds silly), yet those who saw the OTHER zfilm claim JFK was lifed up out of his seat when shot... other witnesses from the day say the same thing... and has Oswald taking a "first shot" while the team does the actual killing...

Swearingen goes on to make the point that not a single bug picked up any talk of an assassination plot against JFK... but then there were many things the mob did not talk about and still did...

Cheers

DJ