The Education Forum

We Must Believe Nellie

In an article I wrote some time ago, I described Nellie Connally as the "Rosetta stone" of the shooting in Dealey Plaza. I said that because she confirmed beyond all doubt, that a shot was fired at Zapruder frame 285. There are four reasons why this is a certainty.

1. She testified that she heard a noise and then looked back to see JFK in distress, after which she heard a shot which she believed, hit her husband, provoking her to turn toward him and pull him back to her. She also stated that he began to shout prior to that shot, and that she never again looked to the rear after he was hit. She looked to the rear twice after frame 223 but never again after 291.

Now, we might wish to just label her as confused and mixed up, except for reason number 2.

2. We see Mrs. Connally in the Zapruder film, react exactly as she described, turning to her husband and pulling him to her, beginning almost exactly 1/3rd of a second after 285. In fact, we would know when she heard that shot, even if she had never said a word about it.

Now, we might argue that she was delusional and had a problem with reacting to nonexistent gunshots, except that reasons number 3 and 4 pretty much lays that possibility to rest.

3. Every other nonvictim in the car reacted at the same time she did. And each of those reactions were consistent with startle reactions as defined by experts in the field. Mrs. Kennedy's and Zapruder's began at 290. Kellerman's and Greer's began at 292. All five began within the same 1/6th of a second.

4. Mrs. Connally's story was consistent with those of the other nonvictims in the limousine and most other witnesses in DP that day.

Roy Kellerman said the last two were much closer together than the first shots and likened them to a "flurry" and to the closely spaced noises from a sonic boom.

Greer said the second and third shots were nearly simultaneous.

Like Nellie, Mrs. Kennedy heard two shots after Governor Connally began to shout and clearly reacted to the same shot.

You can verify her reactions and the others in any good copy of the Zapruder film. A handy tool is this stablized animation that will loop continuously in your browser. Just ask yourself when she heard the shot that she believed, struck her husband.

reactions.gif

I realize how hard it is for people to accept that such a trivial issue, about a shot that didn't even hit anyone, could settle the conspiracy question. But it does. To date, not one person, including experts for the FBI and the HSCA, have been able to duplicate the speed and accuracy required to have fired the shots at 285 and 312, using a rifle like the alleged murder weapon. For more information and a complete presentation on this subject, please go to this url:

Robert Harris

I do not believe a shot occured at frame 285

Dean, would you agree that Mrs. Connally at least thought she heard a shot between the time she saw JFK react and the explosive head wound, and that she spun around to tend to her husband, beginning at 291-292?

And would you agree that she reacted at the same time that Mrs. Kennedy, Kellerman, and Greer reacted?

Dean, would you agree that Mrs. Connally at least thought she heard a shot between the time she saw JFK react and the explosive head wound, and that she spun around to tend to her husband, beginning at 291-292?

And would you agree that she reacted at the same time that Mrs. Kennedy, Kellerman, and Greer reacted?

No and No

Guest James H. Fetzer

Whatever Nellie Connally might have to day, it cannot possibly "confirm, beyond all doubt, that a shot was fired at

Zapruder frame 285." Nelly was talking about her experiences. She was not talking about the film. Moreover, every

competent student of JFK knows that the film has been recreated in order to remove certain events and add others at

the same time it contracts the time line, making it impossible to reconstruct what actually happened if you assume

that the film is authentic. Have you never studied THE GREAT ZAPRUDER FILM HOAX or articles published about it?

I think this is fantasy research that has only the most tenuous connection to the historic events of 22 November 1963.

In an article I wrote some time ago, I described Nellie Connally as the "Rosetta stone" of the shooting in Dealey Plaza. I said that because she confirmed beyond all doubt, that a shot was fired at Zapruder frame 285. There are four reasons why this is a certainty.

1. She testified that she heard a noise and then looked back to see JFK in distress, after which she heard a shot which she believed, hit her husband, provoking her to turn toward him and pull him back to her. She also stated that he began to shout prior to that shot, and that she never again looked to the rear after he was hit. She looked to the rear twice after frame 223 but never again after 291.

Now, we might wish to just label her as confused and mixed up, except for reason number 2.

2. We see Mrs. Connally in the Zapruder film, react exactly as she described, turning to her husband and pulling him to her, beginning almost exactly 1/3rd of a second after 285. In fact, we would know when she heard that shot, even if she had never said a word about it.

Now, we might argue that she was delusional and had a problem with reacting to nonexistent gunshots, except that reasons number 3 and 4 pretty much lays that possibility to rest.

3. Every other nonvictim in the car reacted at the same time she did. And each of those reactions were consistent with startle reactions as defined by experts in the field. Mrs. Kennedy's and Zapruder's began at 290. Kellerman's and Greer's began at 292. All five began within the same 1/6th of a second.

4. Mrs. Connally's story was consistent with those of the other nonvictims in the limousine and most other witnesses in DP that day.

Roy Kellerman said the last two were much closer together than the first shots and likened them to a "flurry" and to the closely spaced noises from a sonic boom.

Like Nellie, Mrs. Kennedy heard two shots after Governor Connally began to shout and clearly reacted to the same shot.

You can verify her reactions and the others in any good copy of the Zapruder film. A handy tool is this stablized animation that will loop continuously in your browser. Just ask yourself when she heard the shot that she believed, struck her husband.

reactions.gif

I realize how hard it is for people to accept that such a trivial issue, about a shot that didn't even hit anyone, could settle the conspiracy question. But it does. To date, not one person, including experts for the FBI and the HSCA, have been able to duplicate the speed and accuracy required to have fired the shots at 285 and 312, using a rifle like the alleged murder weapon. For more information and a complete presentation on this subject, please go to this url:

Robert Harris

No and No

Dean, you seem to have a habit of making statements that you are unable or unwilling to support. Do I actually have to cite Mrs. Connally stating that she thought her husband was hit after she saw JFK in distress and before the explosive head wound? Have you listened to her statements in the interview which is at the beginning of the video presentation I linked? Why don't you cite the testimony she gave which convinced you that this was not what she said?

And if you do not agree that she turned to her husband and pulled him back to her at 291-292, then when do you see her doing that? What frame number?

Robert Harris

No and No

Dean, you seem to have a habit of making statements that you are unable or unwilling to support. Do I actually have to cite Mrs. Connally stating that she thought her husband was hit after she saw JFK in distress and before the explosive head wound? Have you listened to her statements in the interview which is at the beginning of the video presentation I linked? Why don't you cite the testimony she gave which convinced you that this was not what she said?

And if you do not agree that she turned to her husband and pulled him back to her at 291-292, then when do you see her doing that? What frame number?

Robert Harris

The film has been altered Robert

You know my stance

Whatever Nellie Connally might have to day, it cannot possibly "confirm, beyond all doubt, that a shot was fired at

Zapruder frame 285." Nelly was talking about her experiences. She was not talking about the film. Moreover, every

competent student of JFK knows that the film has been recreated in order to remove certain events and add others at

the same time it contracts the time line, making it impossible to reconstruct what actually happened if you assume

that the film is authentic. Have you never studied THE GREAT ZAPRUDER FILM HOAX or articles published about it?

I think this is fantasy research that has only the most tenuous connection to the historic events of 22 November 1963.

reactions.gif

Robert Harris

Tell me Mr. Fetzer, was the whole thing only a revision of the original Zapruder film or did they bring in a Hollywood crew, replete with actors and extras, to create a new Zapruder film?

And did they use that same crew to create new Muchmore and Nix films as well, so that all three would remain in synch?

Who played Jackie? Who played JFK? Did they have to murder everyone afterward to keep them quiet?

And if you think they overlayed the foreground onto the background, where did the bogus background come from? Was it filmed in Dealey or at a Hollywood movie set?? And where did they get the one-legged extras and the dwarf sized Mary Moorman? Were they hired because they worked cheaper??

Mr. Fetzer, have you ever tried sitting down at a computer and cutting out the foreground of one frame of the Zapruder film? It's hard as hell, because the periphery of the people is not a clean edge. The edges often blur into the background and contain a mix of hair color and background color. So, if the background of your bogus copy is different, perhaps containing a Brehm stand-in or whomever, than the real background, you have to go in and recolor the edges which are mixed in with the hair. Otherwise, your people are going to look artificial. To do a good job on my Mac, on nearly 500 frames, would take me months.

And you have to account for the fact that the limo was traveling on a curved path. So, if you pickup the limo from more than a few frames before or after, it will look like a car hitting a frozen patch of road in January in Minnesota. It will not be oriented properly and the result will look preposterous.

How did your perps get the job done with 1963 technology, in four days? Isn't that why none of you have been able to duplicate what you claim the forgers did? Isn't that why none of you can simply shoot some footage in DP and then alter it the way you claim the Zapruder film was altered??

You talk a lot about anomalies in the blurry frames, but you don't talk much about the nuts 'n bolts of how this was done. Tell us Mr. Fetzer. For starters, I would like to hear about the part that was made from scratch. Where was it shot and how did they manage to keep all the extras quiet?

Robert Harris

Edited by Robert Harris

No and No

Robert Harris

You know my stance

Well then, just go with what she said.

It really doesn't matter because what she said, matches perfectly with what we see her do in the Zapruder film.

But tell me. Do you think that's really Mrs. Connally we are seeing in the film? Or is it an actress playing the part? And if you think it really was Nellie, then do you think they drew in an artificial head to make it appear that she looked back at JFK? How did they go about creating the false impression that she did exactly what she said she did??

Robert Harris

But tell me. Do you think that's really Mrs. Connally we are seeing in the film? Or is it an actress playing the part? And if you think it really was Nellie, then do you think they drew in an artificial head to make it appear that she looked back at JFK? How did they go about creating the false impression that she did exactly what she said she did??

Yes I really think that in the altered Z-film we see the real Mrs. Connally

And im sure that she looked at JFK when she said she did

You know my stance

Yea right, now I suspect you will quote that hoax..hoax....

What did you say Craig?

Talk louder I cant hear you