The Education Forum

Request that personal attack be removed!

Mr. Simkin has determined that JACK WHITE HAS A BAD REPUTATION and says so on my "profile".

This is a violation of forum rules that no ad hominem attacks be made on members. This should

be removed immediately!

Jack

Hey Jack,

That doesn't sound like John Simkin.

Though he is responsible for what is posted, especially under the terms of the moderators, it just doesn't seem like like he would do that sort of thing.

It's not his style.

Now I don't know about Andy, who I know doesn't like you, but I don't think Simkin would do something like that even if he didn't like you.

I can't wait to get to the bottom of this, though.

BK

Jack, that's other people rating your posts. Have a look at the bottom right hand corner of other people's posts. You'll see there is a + and a - button. If you think the post is good, then you can choose to rate it by giving it a +. If you disagree with the post, you can rate it with the - button. You can rate a post only once, and with only + or - 1. You can give up to 5 positive and 5 negative ratings per day. After you rate a post, you can see the total positive or negative rating, based on how members have rated that post.

As people rate your posts, you develop a 'reputation'. If most people rate your posts positively then you'll get a 'positive reputation', etc.

Jack, that's other people rating your posts. Have a look at the bottom right hand corner of other people's posts. You'll see there is a + and a - button. If you think the post is good, then you can choose to rate it by giving it a +. If you disagree with the post, you can rate it with the - button. You can rate a post only once, and with only + or - 1. You can give up to 5 positive and 5 negative ratings per day. After you rate a post, you can see the total positive or negative rating, based on how members have rated that post.

As people rate your posts, you develop a 'reputation'. If most people rate your posts positively then you'll get a 'positive reputation', etc.

I CONSIDER THIS "RATING" A PERSONAL ATTACK AND DEMAND ITS REMOVAL.

Jack

Mr. Simkin has determined that JACK WHITE HAS A BAD REPUTATION and says so on my "profile".

This is a violation of forum rules that no ad hominem attacks be made on members. This should

be removed immediately!

Jack

Hey Jack,

That doesn't sound like John Simkin.

Though he is responsible for what is posted, especially under the terms of the moderators, it just doesn't seem like like he would do that sort of thing.

It's not his style.

Now I don't know about Andy, who I know doesn't like you, but I don't think Simkin would do something like that even if he didn't like you.

I can't wait to get to the bottom of this, though.

BK

Bill...Simkin is responsible for this forum. That he allows enemies to anonymously make personal attacks is reprehensible.

I am sure all of my attacks came from Len Brazil, Chief Burton, Craig Lamsoon, and others...AND SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED.

SIMKIN SHOULD REMOVE THIS FEATURE FROM THE BOARD!

Jack

It's not a personal attack, Jack. It's how others rate your posts.

Evan Burton has a 41 rating (excellent) - by far the highest I saw in a cursory search.

BTW - you cannot rate your own posts.

It's what other members think of your posts.

Evan makes it sound so scientific.

It's not a personal attack, Jack. It's how others rate your posts.

Evan Burton has a 41 rating (excellent) - by far the highest I saw in a cursory search.

BTW - you cannot rate your own posts.

It's what other members think of your posts.

Evan makes it sound so scientific.

You can give it as much or as little importance as you care to.

I pay no attention to it, myself.

I'm sure you don't. But at least you knew how it worked.

I'm sure your rating was very well-deserved. I wonder who is in second place, and how far behind you they are.

I protest the continued ad hominem attacks by those who disagree with a member's postings. I request

that this feature be deleted. It is not a useful feature and provides an anonymous tool for enemies to

make false attacks.

Of course we could use it to report negatively about every posting of Burton, Lamson, Colby, et al.

But that would only highlight the negativity of this feature.

Jack

I protest the continued ad hominem attacks by those who disagree with a member's postings. I request

that this feature be deleted. It is not a useful feature and provides an anonymous tool for enemies to

make false attacks.

Of course we could use it to report negatively about every posting of Burton, Lamson, Colby, et al.

But that would only highlight the negativity of this feature.

Jack

LOL! The soap opera "As Jack White Turns" continues.