The Education Forum

The Corrs - Buachaill ón Éirne

My thanks to Peter McGuire, who has recently posted some WONDERFUL material from THE CORRS, the MOST BEAUTIFUL BAND IN THE WORLD.

Many years ago, at THE all-night wedding PARTY of my brother Michael, I sang this song, Buachaill ón Éirne, in the ancient language of the Gael. Back then, most of those beautiful CORR ladies probably were not even born,so as far as I am concerned, they are stealing my material. Still & All, they are not bad, and even now there are actually some members of my own family who prefer the Corrs version to mine.

But not my brother Michael, who will go to his grave CONVINCED THAT MY version, sung at his wedding, will always BE DEFINITIVE.

WHAT DOES THIS HAVE TO with JFK, I HEAR FROM THE cheap seats?

IF JFK was president today, the CORRS would HEADLINE every White House concert.

Edited by J. Raymond Carroll

IF JFK was president today, the CORRS would HEADLINE every White House concert. show.

Besides, with the great heritage of being Irish, Kennedy would have loved this band - had he lived. So I vote that anything from the group - The Coors, is germane to the discussion of a man named Kennedy.

Thanks Raymond.

Edited by Peter McGuire

:lol::lol::lol:

Am I missing something, or is this just Dean Hagerman, back in the CHEAP SEATS, with his THREE MOUTHS OPEN?

You guys are killing me today

I listened to that entire song all the way through and wanted to hang myself when it was over

You cut and paste well, Dean. But what books have you read lately?

How about we discuss them.

You are claiming that I took what you said in your quote and replaced it with something that I wrote

Are you out of your mind?

You know that I didnt do that, yet you sit here and try to play it off so you wont get in trouble for calling me a dick

I cant believe that you would pull something like this, how ashamed are you right now?

My thanks to Peter McGuire, who has recently posted some WONDERFUL material from THE CORRS, the MOST BEAUTIFUL BAND IN THE WORLD.

Many years ago, at THE all-night wedding PARTY of my brother Michael, I sang this song, Buachaill ón Éirne, in the ancient language of the Gael. Back then, most of those beautiful CORR ladies probably were not even born,so as far as I am concerned, they are stealing my material. Still & All, they are not bad, and even now there are actually some members of my own family who prefer the Corrs version to mine.

But not my brother Michael, who will go to his grave CONVINCED THAT MY version, sung at his wedding, will always BE DEFINITIVE.

IF JFK was president today, the CORRS would HEADLINE every White House concert.

Hi Ray. I asked you a few questions earlier in a seperate thread: your thread.

Ray...Since Oz was completely innocent, and the "evidence" against him was so flimsy, the plotters decided ahead of time that he could not be allowed to live long enough to speak to a lawyer.

They killed him because he was innocent? If the evidence was so flimsy...why did they arrest him? Then they hold him for 48 hours where presumably Oswald convinces them of his innocense and thus leaving them no alternative but to have him killed so as to cover up a false arrest?

And then stick to that story for another half century???

And then later

I just knew you wouldn't respond Ray. It's like when I asked you how many photos Marina took of Oswald with the gun: same response.

Thing is Ray you can't make endless posts castigating folk for even hinting that Oswald may have had some involvement and then remain silent whenever awkward questions are asked?

So, I'd like to ask you again: if he was "completely innocent" and the "evidence was so flimsy"...why did they arrest him in the first place? If he was just a patsy wouldn't they have chosen someone who was not COMPLETELY innocent? Someone with a little more than "flimsy" evidence? After all you can't make a patsy from thin air.

And when do you believe the DPD realised they had got the wrong man? An hour after the arrest? 24 hours after the arrest? And why would Jack Ruby have been instructed to kill an innocent man on live TV merely to cover up a false arrest? Wouldn't it have been easier for Oswald to have 'fallen' down some stairs? That way the entire world would never know that, on that fateful day, the DPD, in all the confusion, arrested an innocent suspect.

A bit extreme don't you think?

Ray I find you to be the most sophisticated LNer on this forum. Oh you'll howl that you have always maintained his innocense, and that that is a preposterous charge. But scratch the surface and this is where all your posts ACTUALLY lead to. Watch...

So, according to you, within seconds of Kennedy being shot directly outside his workplace, he leaves the TSBD, tells no one, not his boss nor his fellow workmates and decides to go and catch a film. Why he would know any of the details of what was showing or when (he was supposed to be at work don't forget) is anyone's guess. Just leaving your workplace in the middle of the day to go to the cinema is quite bizarre: to do so minutes after a president is shot directly outside your door is indicative of a very strange man indeed! But before he gets to the cinema (how many others within minutes of hearing of Kennedy's assassination decided to bunk off work and go catch a movie?) he realises he needs to pick up a gun (!) from his rooming house. Why of course. Then he sets off in the opposite direction to where he was eventually found but somehow manages to take a detour near Tenth and Patton presumably because he's realised he's already missed the start of the film...

You must agree that these are the actions of an idiot! You make Oswald look like a complete oddball. If only the decision to go to the cinema is correct you must agree that we are talking about a very bizarre man. Or in other words......a lone nut!!!!

That's where you're taking us isn't it?

PS...the connection to The Corrs? Please Ray by all means supply your answers to the melody of "Give Me A Reason"! Although I reckon the answer will almost certainly be more in keeping with "Runaway!

Edited by Bernie Laverick

u guys are killing me today

I listened to that entire song all the way through and wanted to hang myself when it was over

People tell me I am not a cruel person by nature, Dean, but My friends in the Corrs suggest that you would probably have done everyone a favor if you had hanged yourself years YEARS AGO

u guys are killing me today

People tell me I am not a cruel person by nature, Dean, but My friends in the Corrs suggest that you would probably have done everyone a favor if you had hanged yourself years YEARS AGO

What a horrible thing to say Raymond

Im going to go cry myself to sleep now

Well let's hope you go on your knees and apologize to those BEAUTIFUL Corrs, and maybe they will rock you to a gentle SLUMBER

Dont hold your breath

Maybe they will rock you to a gentle SLUMBER

don't hold your breath

Well I made an honest effort to be nice to you Dean, and all I got was a typical American Redneck kick in the teeth.

So Fare thee Well old sport. Don't bother to address me again.

Besides, with the great heritage of being Irish, Kennedy would have loved this band - had he lived.

When I remember how the lead singer told the press how she turned Mick Jagger down repeatedly while the groups toured together...let's just say it brings up an inevitable dimension to the statement, "Kennedy would have loved this band." I'm surprised he allows death to make it conditional.

Edited by David Andrews