The Education Forum

EF "anomalies" that just don't seem random?

Note the time of this post...it is 12:13am (wee hours of the morning in California), AND note the time of the screen shot I am posting...

Why??? 15 minutes ago there were 23 new posts? Now there are only two??? Right after I posted something about the Zapruder film? Additionally, THE POST I MADE ABOUT THE ZAPRUDER FILM DOES NOT SHOW UP AS A NEW TOPIC AT ALL...EVEN THOUGH I JUST POSTED IT A FEW MINUTES BEFORE I POSTED THIS??

Wow.

I hope this isn't turning into the McAdams NUT HOUSE after all...

Edited by Greg Burnham

I'm guessing that they are subscribed threads?

I don't subscribe to any myself, nor do I use the 'new content' feature.

I subscribe to nothing here!

I've been using the "New Content" feature since I joined. It's always functioned as expected and consistently. Sorry if I sound "accusatory" -- but it really is weird...

Evan,

Now, less than ONE HOUR later, using the SAME "new topics" feature, I just got the following "screen shot" showing 23 NEW ENTRIES in the past 24 hours!

Wow. So, I guess "It fixed itself?" -- or someone did...

Sorry for being so cryptic, but I know something about this stuff. This is NOT random. I don't know what it means, but it is deliberate.

======================

Now I can't upload the screen shot because I exceeded my limit? WTF? I have uploaded almost NOTHING--seriously, I don't get it.

Greg, I do take it as an accusation. Just so everyone is totally clear:

I did nothing. I didn't 'break' anything, I didn't fix anything. If it is a glitch, then it's a glitch.

I suffer from them myself: the 'instant notification', telling me that someone has sent me a message, can take 48 hours to appear. Go figure.

It might have to do with some refresh function setting. ie not a glitch as such but a setup default (that can be reset). ?

No idea. Hopefully IPS can tell John what happened.

It said "server not found " in UK yesterday for about 2 hours mid afternoon, I got depressed with nothing to read and thought about going to McAdams site.But the mouse refused.So glad I got a mac.

I tried loggimg in got the server not found, then found my firewall permissions had changed with the fire wall apparently overridden by a different program, after resetting, reloaded site and found I was only member with one guest. It stayed like that for a while until members and guests started trickling in again. No idea if the firewall settings had anything to do with it, it seems improbable, but thats the series of events I experienced today

It said "server not found " in UK yesterday for about 2 hours mid afternoon, I got depressed with nothing to read and thought about going to McAdams site.But the mouse refused.So glad I got a mac.

I would watch the weather channel before "going to McAdams site".

Dawn

Dawn

Dawn

I agree McAdams is infinitely more predictable.

Ian

Dawn

Dawn

I agree McAdams is infinitely more predictable.

Ian

:lol: