The Education Forum

The Mauser?

Guest Duncan MacRae

One thing I've never understood is why would have two different rifles been planted.

Craig's claim about LHO getting in the station wagon is only helpful to those who think he was one of the shooters.

Gollee. Thats true Len. So why do those who believe Oswald was the lone killer, dispute this?

Tom Alyea Frame showing a second weapon.

Rifle1.png

Second weapon rotated.

r2.png

Are there, or are there not two rifles in this photo?

Where did this picture come from?

Is it a still from a film?

My Alyea mpeg stops just before this scene would play out... Fritz has the handkerchief ready to take the rifle at the end of my Alyea while the photo shows him holding the scope with it. Assuming Alyea keeps filming to get the 2 rifle screen grab I offer this view as Day finds the rifle... Fritz is past Day from this angle (which you see in Alyea as he stands in front of Fritz).

there is a shotgun behind the box just past Day, which would be directly in front of Fritz... The barrel is pointing up.

What is strange to me about the 2 rifle photo is that the butt of the rifle is at the top leaning against the box... would anyone put a rifle on the ground or lean it that way? with the heavier butt at the top and barrel opening on the ground??

Could the 2nd rifle be that shotgun that gets moved? just a thought

DJ

It also appears as if the splice in Alyea gets rid of Fritz working the bolt action... the rifle chamber is open by then and there is of course no clip to be found.

Could comeone check their Alyea as Day picks up the rifle to see if the bolt has already been opened... I cannot tell from my copy. If it is already open... before Fritz is supposed to have ejected the live round... it would be of some concern... no?

Rifle1.png

Second weapon rotated.

r2.png

bill i am not positive but have seen it in the past try the alyea films...b...yes duncan says a alyea frame...b

Edited by Bernice Moore

Obvioulsly its a shotty rested there against the boxes by a cop.

John... obvious what I posted was a shotgun... but if you look at the shotgun at the beginning of alyea and the 2nd rifle in Duncan's photo... they are nothing alike.

Kinda strange too that this mystery rifle seperates Fritz from Day and where the rifle was found...

finally - to address Len's question... wouldn't finding a second rifle on the 6th floor ice a conspiracy? If you want a plot to be uncovered, a second rifle makes a bit of sense...

DJ

The angle is different and Duncan has kept the gamma low enough to allow for fuzzy definition of the pistolgrip. Perhaps a look at the film itself rather than a single frame would indicate something.

The angle is different and Duncan has kept the gamma low enough to allow for fuzzy definition of the pistolgrip. Perhaps a look at the film itself rather than a single frame would indicate something.

I filmed 400 ft. of film of the Secret Service men looking for the assassin, climbing over boxes, over the rafters, and the actual finding of the gun. GOOD QUESTION IS WHERE IS IT..????http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=14182 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=249DTnfrKMo ALYEA FILM .b

• 4 weeks later...

Rifle1.png

Second weapon rotated.

r2.png

bill i am not positive but have seen it in the past try the alyea films...b...yes duncan says a alyea frame...b

This guy, J.C. Cason,

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/cason.htm

went out to lunch on Thursday, November 21, 1963 and returned to the TSBD with two rifles, a .22 for his son and a Mauser, which he took out of their cartons and passed around to other employees.