The Education Forum

Former FBI Agent Says Oswald Didn't Kill Kennedy

Thank you for that. Have you heard of him before?

AKRON, Ohio - A retired FBI Agent from Summit County is making claims regarding the assassination of President John F. Kennedy that go beyond conspiracy theories.

Don Adams speaks clearly and concisely when describing the events of November 22, 1963, the day President Kennedy was killed, and he doesn't waiver from his position that Lee Harvey Oswald did not kill President John F. Kennedy in Dallas.

"It is a fact," says Adams, and he says he has the FBI documents to prove it.

At his home in Akron, Ohio, Adams is surrounded by thousands of reports and records from the National Archives and Records Administration. His name appears on many of the papers, but he says other reports have been doctored, or are missing, "Everything I had done is gone. It's all gone," Adams said.

The Army veteran joined the FBI after serving in the Korean war. He trained in Washington, D.C., and Quantico, Virginia, and was assigned to an FBI field office in Thomasville, Georgia.

One of Adams first assignments was investigating an extreme right radical, with connections to the States Rights Party and KKK named Joseph Adams Milteer. "He was reportedly one of most violent men in the country," said Adams.

One week after completing the investigation, President Kennedy was gunned down in Dallas.

Agent Adams located Milteer in Quintan, Georgia on November 27, 1963, but according to Adams, the Senior Agent in charge would not allow a proper interrogation.

"I said, 'Boss wait a minute, we have an opportunity to elicit tremendous information from him' and he replied '5 questions and nothing more'."

Years later, while searching the archives Adams learned that Milteer had threatened to kill President Kennedy November 9, 1963, just weeks before the assassination, and that FBI agents had allegedly lied about his whereabouts immediately following threat.

In a tape recording Adams played for Fox 8 News, Milteer tells an informant the best way to get the president, "is from an office building with a high powered rifle."

The informant asks if they are really going to kill President Kennedy and on the tape recording Milteer responds, "Oh yes. It's in the works."

Adams wonders why the FBI and Secret Service permitted the President to travel to Dallas with that knowledge.

"[They] should have stopped the President from traveling instantly." said Adams.

And an FBI record states that after the assassination, "a jubilant" Milteer bragged to the informant, "You thought I was kidding when I said he would be killed from a window with a high powered rifle."

Adams questions why Milteer appears in a photograph near President Kennedy's limousine before the shooting, but was never mentioned in the Warren Commission Report.

Adams suspects Milteer was definitely involved in President Kennedy's death, but he says Oswald absolutely was not.

In 1964 Adams was transferred to Dallas, Texas. He watched the now famous Zapruder film and chased leads connected to Kennedy's death.

The Warren Commission report said three bullets were fired from behind the president, but Adams claims there were clearly 11 shots fired, including a frontal shot that struck President Kennedy's neck.

Adams claims that he mentioned his findings to Senior FBI Agents, and was told by one unnamed agent, "Don be careful what you say and how you say it."

Adams says witnesses at the Book Depository saw Oswald in the break room drinking a Coke at the exact time of the shooting.

According to Adams, even if Oswald was on the building's sixth floor, Adams informed Senior FBI Agents that Oswald could not have possibly fired three shots in seven-and-a-half seconds, from a bolt action rifle so precisely while looking through a scope. Adams alleges he was again warned to keep quiet.

"I said, 'I'm gonna tell you right now guys, no way in the world he fire those shots' and boy I was really cautioned then." said Adams.

Adams has hundreds of other facts and papers that he says prove the Warren Commission's report was erronious.

The 80-year-old is currently putting the papers into a book and he has also produced a documentary style DVD, which is being sold on his website.

Adams says he is not seeking fame and fortune, rather truth and justice. He wants another commission established to re-investigate what really happened in Dallas before all of the agents and witnesses are gone.

"When we die off, no one will talk about these things." said Adams, "I hope the truth gets told whatever it is."

His website is:

http://adamsjfk.com/

If this is the same guy:

Donald A. Adams, b.Jan. 21, 1931, Barbertown OH

Barbertown High School, U.S. Army (Kentucky, Japan, Korea), BA in Education from Kent State, NY Life Insurance Co.

Married Jeanette 1955, 4 children

Became SA September 1962, retired from Akron RA December 1982

VP/Security of Brenlin Group, Chief of Police at Fairlawn OH, June 1993-present

Member SFSA and other groups

Nice read

Thanks for the link Michael

LNers hate the Joseph Milteer and his story (and the fact that he was in Dealey Plaza on Nov 22) it throws a wrench into their LHO was a lone gunman theory

Of course DVD will now come to this thread and claim that Milteer just got lucky in knowing so many facts about what was going to happen to JFK :rolleyes:

If this is the same guy:

Barbertown High School, U.S. Army (Kentucky, Japan, Korea), BA in Education from Kent State, NY Life Insurance Co.

Duh, me!

I just clicked on his website. This is the same guy, and there's much more bio detail there!

If this is the same guy:

Duh, me!

I just clicked on his website. This is the same guy, and there's much more bio detail there!

Hi Stephen. I wonder if Don Adams and M. Wesley Swearingen know of each other.

Here are Adams' 60 questions: http://adamsjfk.com/Page_7_60_Questions.html

It's clear that Adams has high regard for Bob Groden's research.

Edited by Michael Hogan

11 shots?! I think guys like DVP will get a big kick out of that idea.

11 shots is way out of line, how did this guy come up with such a huge number of shots?

Thank you for that. Have you heard of him before?

AKRON, Ohio - A retired FBI Agent from Summit County is making claims regarding the assassination of President John F. Kennedy that go beyond conspiracy theories.

Don Adams speaks clearly and concisely when describing the events of November 22, 1963, the day President Kennedy was killed, and he doesn't waiver from his position that Lee Harvey Oswald did not kill President John F. Kennedy in Dallas.

"It is a fact," says Adams, and he says he has the FBI documents to prove it.

At his home in Akron, Ohio, Adams is surrounded by thousands of reports and records from the National Archives and Records Administration. His name appears on many of the papers, but he says other reports have been doctored, or are missing, "Everything I had done is gone. It's all gone," Adams said.

The Army veteran joined the FBI after serving in the Korean war. He trained in Washington, D.C., and Quantico, Virginia, and was assigned to an FBI field office in Thomasville, Georgia.

One of Adams first assignments was investigating an extreme right radical, with connections to the States Rights Party and KKK named Joseph Adams Milteer. "He was reportedly one of most violent men in the country," said Adams.

One week after completing the investigation, President Kennedy was gunned down in Dallas.

Agent Adams located Milteer in Quintan, Georgia on November 27, 1963, but according to Adams, the Senior Agent in charge would not allow a proper interrogation.

"I said, 'Boss wait a minute, we have an opportunity to elicit tremendous information from him' and he replied '5 questions and nothing more'."

Years later, while searching the archives Adams learned that Milteer had threatened to kill President Kennedy November 9, 1963, just weeks before the assassination, and that FBI agents had allegedly lied about his whereabouts immediately following threat.

In a tape recording Adams played for Fox 8 News, Milteer tells an informant the best way to get the president, "is from an office building with a high powered rifle."

The informant asks if they are really going to kill President Kennedy and on the tape recording Milteer responds, "Oh yes. It's in the works."

Adams wonders why the FBI and Secret Service permitted the President to travel to Dallas with that knowledge.

"[They] should have stopped the President from traveling instantly." said Adams.

And an FBI record states that after the assassination, "a jubilant" Milteer bragged to the informant, "You thought I was kidding when I said he would be killed from a window with a high powered rifle."

Adams questions why Milteer appears in a photograph near President Kennedy's limousine before the shooting, but was never mentioned in the Warren Commission Report.

Adams suspects Milteer was definitely involved in President Kennedy's death, but he says Oswald absolutely was not.

In 1964 Adams was transferred to Dallas, Texas. He watched the now famous Zapruder film and chased leads connected to Kennedy's death.

The Warren Commission report said three bullets were fired from behind the president, but Adams claims there were clearly 11 shots fired, including a frontal shot that struck President Kennedy's neck.

Adams claims that he mentioned his findings to Senior FBI Agents, and was told by one unnamed agent, "Don be careful what you say and how you say it."

Adams says witnesses at the Book Depository saw Oswald in the break room drinking a Coke at the exact time of the shooting.

According to Adams, even if Oswald was on the building's sixth floor, Adams informed Senior FBI Agents that Oswald could not have possibly fired three shots in seven-and-a-half seconds, from a bolt action rifle so precisely while looking through a scope. Adams alleges he was again warned to keep quiet.

"I said, 'I'm gonna tell you right now guys, no way in the world he fire those shots' and boy I was really cautioned then." said Adams.

Adams has hundreds of other facts and papers that he says prove the Warren Commission's report was erronious.

The 80-year-old is currently putting the papers into a book and he has also produced a documentary style DVD, which is being sold on his website.

Adams says he is not seeking fame and fortune, rather truth and justice. He wants another commission established to re-investigate what really happened in Dallas before all of the agents and witnesses are gone.

"When we die off, no one will talk about these things." said Adams, "I hope the truth gets told whatever it is."

His website is:

http://adamsjfk.com/

This is nothing more than a rehash of titillating tidbits from the past. I don't read anything new from the story. I first came upon Milteer in Groden's 1988 book High Treason.

Then you have this gem

Agent Adams is not being truthful here. It was the FBI report of December 9, 1963 (??) that reported the 3 shots scenario later rubberstamped by the Warren Commission. The WC was forced to add the "SBT", but otherwise it was the FBI that came up with 3 shots.

It amazes me to see how many people will use the Kennedy assassination to make a quick buck.

This guy Adams is just another quack in a long line of quacks.

Yes indeed. That's the first thing that struck me when reading that article about Adams.

His "11 shots" theory should be enough -- all by itself -- for reasonable people to dismiss Mr. Adams out of hand. Along with this silly comment as well:

"Adams suspects Milteer was definitely involved in President Kennedy's death, but he says Oswald absolutely was not."

Yes indeed. That's the first thing that struck me when reading that article about Adams.

His "11 shots" theory should be enough -- all by itself -- for reasonable people to dismiss Mr. Adams out of hand. Along with this silly comment as well:

"Adams suspects Milteer was definitely involved in President Kennedy's death, but he says Oswald absolutely was not."

When Vince Bugliosi struggles to make sense out of his Lone Nutterism, DVP struggles, mightly End of Story! <sigh>

I don't think it is inconceivable for more than 3 shots to have been fired. I frankly find 3 to be quite low for the terrible events of that day, given bullet marks, the injuries and witness testimony. It definitely seems like more than 3 or even 4. I also read in quite a few sources that silencers/suppressors may have been used which could lend some weight to more than 3 shots being fired, although not necessarily prove it. I personally would not dismiss someone simply because they make a claim of more than 3 shots. Numbering shots and not providing some kind of evidence would be odd. I wouldn't dare make a conclusive claim as to the exact number of shots fired without powerful evidence. However, when I LOOSELY look at the scenario (and please, feel free to correct me, as always) it seems to me that we have at least:

2x Shots on Connally (perhaps 3x?)

3x Shots on Kennedy (perhaps 4x if you count the "2 shot back to back" succession on the fatal head wound)

1x Shots on Windshield (possible extra 1x shot for the 'dent' in Windshield)

1x Shot on Curb (Tague)

*1x Shot on Grass (could be related to any of the above shots?)

*1x Shot on Highway Sign *(haven't studied this, but ran across it a few times in my life)

So unless I am severely lacking in any research (which, I admit, could very well be the case lol, as there are much more qualified individuals here than myself to cross check me) saying more than even 5 shots would not permit me to call someone crazy or out of their minds lol.

I don't think it is inconceivable for more than 3 shots to have been fired. I frankly find 3 to be quite low for the terrible events of that day, given bullet marks, the injuries and witness testimony. It definitely seems like more than 3 or even 4. I also read in quite a few sources that silencers/suppressors may have been used which could lend some weight to more than 3 shots being fired, although not necessarily prove it. I personally would not dismiss someone simply because they make a claim of more than 3 shots. Numbering shots and not providing some kind of evidence would be odd. I wouldn't dare make a conclusive claim as to the exact number of shots fired without powerful evidence. However, when I LOOSELY look at the scenario (and please, feel free to correct me, as always) it seems to me that we have at least:

3x Shots on Kennedy (perhaps 4x if you count the "2 shot back to back" succession on the fatal head wound)

1x Shot on Curb (Tague)

*1x Shot on Highway Sign *(haven't studied this, but ran across it a few times in my life)

So unless I am severely lacking in any research (which, I admit, could very well be the case lol, as there are much more qualified individuals here than myself to cross check me) saying more than even 5 shots would not permit me to call someone crazy or out of their minds lol.

I do not think anyone has a clue EXACTLY how many shots were fired. We just know it had to be more than three. Because this guy believes it was 11 does not discredit him in my opinion. That he is 80 years old, former FBI and speaking out against the absurd fairy tale is something we need more of. And yes the LNs do have a big problem with Milteer. Just can't explain him away.

Dawn

Guest James H. Fetzer

Very good, B.A. JFK was hit four times (once in the back from behind, once in the throat from in front, and twice in the head from behind and from in front). The throat wound was an entry, not an exit, so the wounds to Connally have to be accounted for on the basis of other shots and other shooters ("Reasoning about Assassinations"). He had at least one and as many as three. Then there was the shot that missed and injured James Tague, the shot that missed and hit the chrome strip over the windshield. And the shot that was picked up in the grass. So we have at least 4 + 1 (or up to 3) + 1 + 1 + 1 = 8 (or up to 10). So the number 11 is certainly in the ballpark. I went through this already in part in ASSASSINATION SCIENCE (1998), but the most important proof is from the medical evidence discussed by David W. Mantik, M.D., Ph.D., in MURDER IN DEALEY PLAZA (2000). It really should not be too difficult for students of JFK to perform addition.

1x Shot on Curb (Tague)

Edited by James H. Fetzer

Guest James H. Fetzer

In addition to Don Adams, whom I am featuring as my guest on "The Real Deal" later this month, I have interviewed M. Wesley Swearinger, TO KILL A PRESIDENT: FINALLY, AN EX-FBI AGENT RIPS ASIDE THE VEIL OF SECRECY THAT KILLED JFK. Our conversation will be broadcast tomorrow, Friday, 20 August 2010, from 5-7 PM/CT on revereradio.net. His JFK book is available via amazon.com at http://www.amazon.com/Kill-President-Finally-Ex-FBI-secrecy/dp/1419693824

Guest James H. Fetzer

Well, let's see. The weapon cannot have fired the bullets that killed JFK (because they were high velocity

but it was not). Multiple co-workers place him on the 1st or 2nd floor shortly before the assassination and

he was confronted there by Officer Marrion Baker within 90 seconds of the crime. (Both Baker and Truly wrote

that he was not agitated, perspiring, or out of breath--only a bit startled, Truly added, to find a police officer

pointing his revolver at him). He would subsequently also pass a nitrate test. (See "Dealey Plaza Revisited",

http://www.und.edu/instruct/jfkconference/UNDchapter30.pdf ) Marina later observed that Lee admired JFK and bore him no malice.

So the man the commission fingered for the murder had neither motive, means, nor opportunity. (See my chapter

on whether Oswald could have been convicted in MURDER IN DEALEY PLAZA 2000.) Why am I not surprised

that von Pein wants to belittle Adams and anyone else who understands the case, even remotely? Any guesses?

Edited by James H. Fetzer