The Education Forum

Lyndon Johnson makes "cowboy love" to Jackie post assassination

Guest Robert Morrow

Robert

Please stop making these lame threads about LBJ

Please stop posting your list of horrible books in every other post

If you can do those two things I will start reading what you post

Dean, I do think the psychopathic nature to Lyndon Johnson was a key ingredient to the JFK assassination. It has been blithely ignored too long. I think the Lyndon's "cowboy love" manuevers at manipulating Jackie post assassination is a perfect example of that. I'm sure Johnson would have sent flowers to Henry Marshall's funeral in June, 1961, if he had thought of that. Of course, LBJ's hit man Malcolm Wallace was very likely the one who murdered Henry Marshall, according to the testimony of Billie Sol Estes.

I think Lyndon Johnson's cycles of killing, cover up, and pretend play-acting is key to understanding him and how we was able to pull off the JFK assassination. Another good example of this would he LBJ's play acting on Air Force One, crying in the bathroom about "conspiracy, conspiracy." LBJ was carrying on so much that Gen. Godfrey McHugh told author Chris Anderson that he needed to slap him. The Kennedy folks knew what a fraud LBJ was. But they had no idea how DANGEROUS he was.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/steven-m-gillon/a-new-wrinkle-in-the-jfk_b_339026.html

ANOTHER PERFECT EXAMPLE OF PSYCHOPATH LYNDON JOHNSON IN ACTION ("play acting fear of conspiracy" to cover his tracks. LBJ knew the Kennedy entourage suspected HIM right off the bat, so he had to do some acting as a diversionary tactic):

"What McHugh claimed to have witnessed next was shocking. "I walked in the toilet, in the powder room, and there he was hiding, with the curtain closed," McHugh recalled. He claimed that LBJ was crying, "They're going to get us all. It's a plot. It's a plot. It's going to get us all.'" According to the General, Johnson "was hysterical, sitting down on the john there alone in this thing.""

When I was working to get immunity for Billie Sol Estes with the knowledge of U.S. Marshal Clint Peoples, who had advised Estes to get such immunity, Peoples told me that "It is about time that the truth comes out" in reference to LBJ. Estes needed immunity to tell what he knew about the homicides and other criminal activity committed by LBJ.

Robert, you are doing terrific work in posting this information about LBJ, who indeed was a psychopath. We will know a great deal more if the records of his psychiatrist are ever disclosed.

I have waited for decades for Robert Caro's final volume in his award-winning LBJ biography to be published. If he maintains the high standards of his previous volumes on LBJ, his final conclusion should be earth-shaking shocking.

Douglas, you should contact Robert A. Caro yourself. I am sure you have the credentials to turn him on to some facts and sources.

Robert Caro spoke at the University of Houston in 1986 about city planning. [His book, The Power Broker, a biography of Robert Moses who shaped NYC and environs, is a classic and earned Caro his fame.] I attended his lecture at the U.of Houston with my father and afterwards went up to speak with him. He was surrounded by admiring students interested in municipal planning. I spoke up and said, "Mr. Caro, will your biography of LBJ decribe the role of Mac Wallace?" Caro looked shocked, and grabbed me by my suit lapels and exclaimed, "Who are you? How can I get in touch with you?" I gave him my business card but he failed to ever contact me.

He certainly was familiar with the name of Mac Wallace, the stone-killer that LBJ kept employed in the U.S.Dept. of Agriculture for use whenever LBJ decided to eliminate someone.

I am hoping his final volume on LBJ holds nothing back on what transpired on LBJ's climb to the presidency.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"You tell Noel Twyman for me that his book is the best thing I ever read on the assassination." James Siebert (sic), FBI agent who witnessed the autopsy at Bethesda Naval Hospital, as reported by William Matson Law in his book, The Eye of History

Of course William Law's book is about the medical evidence. That is the scope of his interviews with Sibert.

After I returned home from Florida, I sent Mr. Sibert a copy of Noel Twyman's book Bloody Treason...as a token of thanks for granting us the opportunity to interview him.

Twyman's book brings to the fore questions concerning the shipping casket versus the ornate display casket, body alteration, the forged X-ray and autopsy photos, etc.

Weeks later I called Jim, or Si as I now think of him, to see how he liked the book. "You tell Noel Twyman for me that his book is the best thing I've ever read on the assassination."

James W Sibert, it seems, is a True Believer. (In The Eye of History, page 288)

hi michael ; i agree both books are treasures, a Word as it appears to me that those who have and do enjoy law's book appear to forget the other name on the front of the book, that of allan eaglesham whom was a big part of it, fyi..take care....best b

Edited by Bernice Moore

hi moderator, the edit button appears not to be working, could you check i have tried 3 times now, and it does not appear to click after one has made their corrections, so the spellum goofs are still there...thanks..b :blink::blink:

p.s now the upload for attachments is not loading...have a look many thanks, tried twice...b :blink::blink:

Here is Lyndon Johnson in pschological melt down mode when he started growing his hair long just before he died. He was massively depressed and no doubt FINALLY guilt ridden at all the crimes he had committed.

2716743459_0c2606ae38.jpg?v=0

Here is another revealing photo of Lyndon Johnson as he lived much of his life. He is yelling at a heckler, in unrestrained fury: "I will put the hex on you!" ... or a visit from his hit man Malcolm Wallace as needed.

http://www.thethirdcity.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/lbj_and_kennedy.jpg

So you don't have any evidence then? That's all I'm asking for: Evidence that links LBJ directly to the assassination.

You keep stating it as a fact that LBJ orchestrated the murder of JFK and all you have to base such a horrendous accusation on is the fact that Johnson was not a very nice guy?

Oh, and a few tales spun by a convicted criminal.

Thank you Martin for saying what I was just about to type

hi moderator, the edit button appears not to be working, could you check i have tried 3 times now, and it does not appear to click after one has made their corrections, so the spellum goofs are still there...thanks..b :blink::blink:

p.s now the upload for attachments is not loading...have a look many thanks, tried twice...b :blink::blink:

Both my edit and upload fucntions seem to be working.

Could another member please confirm if they are experiencing the same problems as Bernice?

Bernice, which browser are you using?

Martin (and anyone else) please send me an email to Morrow321@aol.com and I will send my entire "LBJ and CIA killed JFK" file. Lots of evidence in that. Also, I suggest READING the book LBJ: Mastermind of JFK's Assassination http://www.lbj-themastermind.com/

LBJ was a serial killer and psychopath - with no exaggeration at all in either of those descriptions. LBJ for 2 years had been having a sub rosa WAR with the Kennedys that was coming to a head in fall 1963. LBJ, Hoover and Allen Dulles were the hard core cover up guys. Lyndon Johnson, as "Mastermind" of the JFK assassination did not do it alone. Rather he was the coach, the team leader, the hub of the wheel that all the spokes led to.

I do believe there was heavy CIA involvement in the assassination of Lyndon Johnson; and they killed JFK for different reasons, gaming for an Operation Northwoods Cuban invasion result.

Robert,

I really don't want a whole file - just one piece of evidence will do.

Even if your incredible claim that LBJ was a "serial killer" was true, that wouldn't make him guilty of killing JFK would it? Anymore than being a mentally unbalanced communist wife-beater made Oswald guilty.

Please present one piece of credible evidence to back up your accusations.

BTW I'm reading that book right now.

Martin

Here is Lyndon Johnson in pschological melt down mode when he started growing his hair long just before he died. He was massively depressed and no doubt FINALLY guilt ridden at all the crimes he had committed.

2716743459_0c2606ae38.jpg?v=0

Here is another revealing photo of Lyndon Johnson as he lived much of his life. He is yelling at a heckler, in unrestrained fury: "I will put the hex on you!" ... or a visit from his hit man Malcolm Wallace as needed.

http://www.thethirdcity.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/lbj_and_kennedy.jpg

I fail to see any emotional melt down in the McGovern photo.

What evidence do you have that Lyndon Johnson was the mastermind behind the Kennedy murder? Can you provide anything substantial or are we stuck with this on going pyscho babble that LBJ was a sociopath?

Douglas, you should contact Robert A. Caro yourself. I am sure you have the credentials to turn him on to some facts and sources.

Douglas Caddy replied:

"Robert Caro spoke at the University of Houston in 1986 about city planning. [His book, The Power Broker, a biography of Robert Moses who shaped NYC and environs, is a classic and earned Caro his fame.] I attended his lecture at the U.of Houston with my father and afterwards went up to speak with him. He was surrounded by admiring students interested in municipal planning. I spoke up and said, "Mr. Caro, will your biography of LBJ decribe the role of Mac Wallace?" Caro looked shocked, and grabbed me by my suit lapels and exclaimed, "Who are you? How can I get in touch with you?" I gave him my business card but he failed to ever contact me.

"He certainly was familiar with the name of Mac Wallace, the stone-killer that LBJ kept employed in the U.S.Dept. of Agriculture for use whenever LBJ decided to eliminate someone.

"I am hoping his final volume on LBJ holds nothing back on what transpired on LBJ's climb to the presidency.

Douglas, I'd hit him up again - you have the Estes case work behind you, and a lot of other cred. He's been the best on LBJ - somebody like Robert Dallek would hide under the bed at the mention of Wallace. Plus, Oliver Stone's JFK has been out since you last met Caro, and that modified the playing field for research and publication. (I would, though, save this last argument for the last extremity of Caro's refusal.)

I love those Caro LBJ volumes, and I hope you do it. Offer him some DC knowledge of your own, not necessarily aimed at LBJ's worst reputation. Don't remind him of your original meeting - as Churchill did not mention their unrewarding 1918 introduction when first meeting FDR as president.

Above all, do it for the best possible historical-literary outcome. Forget about reporting the details to a congeries of rubberneckers like us. We'll all benefit enough if it works on the final volume, or on a new edit of the series.

Edited by David Andrews

Guest Robert Morrow

Here is Phillip Nelson quoting from his book LBJ: Mastmind of the JFK Assassination. I have my own thoughts on this matter which I will briefly summarize at a later date. In sum, I believe that Lyndon Johnson was the one who pulled together and organized all the JFK-haters of the CIA, military, mafia, Texas oil for the assassination. I think the slaughter of JFK was a co-production of the Eastern Establishment CIA/CFR and the Texas oil guys, with LBJ right smack dab in the middle.

http://www.lbj-themastermind.com/

The following paragraphs come from the last pages of the Introduction; they establish the book's premise that Johnson's motive was stronger than anyone else's:

Of all the possible candidates mentioned variously in hundreds of books and in all the unpublished theories, the logical starting point might be this: Who was the single likeliest person who made the final decision to take “executive action” and brazenly assassinate the thirty-fifth president of the United States? Specifically, who, among the many enemies of JFK, met all of the following criteria:

a. Who had the most to gain?

b. Who had the least to lose?

c. Who had the means to do it?

d. Who had the apparatus in place to subsequently cover it up?

e. Who had the kind of narcissistic/sociopathic personality capable of rationalizing the action as acceptable and necessary, together with the resolve and determination to see it through?

There is really only one person who matches the above criteria so completely: Lyndon Baines Johnson, the thirty-sixth president of the United States, who succeeded his predecessor by the most unique method possible. A defect in the Constitution allows for politicians having craven and criminal character flaws and a sociopathic/egomaniacal personality disorder to rise to positions of enormous power and position themselves to be installed into the office of vice president of the United States. This office has never been one to which an otherwise successful politician has aspired; it had always been there only as second place for an “also ran” candidate, who might aspire to the presidency in a future term. But Johnson knew that at his age, he didn’t have any future terms to wait out, and when he came to the realization that he could not win the presidential nomination in 1960, he aggressively campaigned—even blackmailed JFK, who had already picked Senator Stuart Symington for the position—for the vice presidency.

Johnson was uniquely matched to all the criteria noted above, as the most likely person behind JFK’s assassination. In the first few chapters, it will become clear that he met each criterion set forth in subparts a, b, c, and d below. By the last section of the this book, it will also be clear that subpart “e” also applies, just as clearly and certainly as do the first four:

a. The most to gain.

His lifelong dream—obsession, actually—was to become president of the United States. His resolve to achieve this dream only increased each time he repeated it, and he repeated it often to others; one can only speculate how many more times he repeated it to himself, but it probably became a mantra repeated daily.

b. The least to lose.

Consider the impending indictments, possible prison time, and the permanent loss of his presidential aspirations—which he viewed as his divine and inevitable destiny, as will be seen—in the absence of taking this action. He was facing an enormous choice: either proceed with the plan and go to the White House, or drop the plan and go to prison, running the risk of still more of his previous crimes coming to the attention of the public.

c. The means to do it.

There was no absence of enemies of JFK who would eagerly participate in the objective in their own limited way. Johnson had been a friend to many of them, and their common wish was bound to surface during their social affairs. The conversations he had with his good friend and neighbor of nearly twenty years, J. Edgar Hoover, might have even centered on this plan since the point at which he enlisted Hoover to help force Kennedy to accept him as the vice presidential nominee. His many “back channels” to the highest officials of the Pentagon and the CIA—many of whom were increasingly desirous of replacing JFK as quickly as possible—would provide him access to the key tools he would need to execute the plan and its immediate cover-up.

d. The apparatus in place to cover it up.

Once he was sworn in as president, the entire federal government would be his to run, and all other governmental entities would also be under his control through the basic and natural deference people treat the president of the United States, including individual local officeholders, such as Dallas Police Captain Will Fritz and Henry Wade, the district attorney.

e. The kind of narcissistic/psychotic/sociopathic/mendacious personality capable of rationalizing the action as acceptable and necessary, as a means to the ultimate end, as well as the resolve and determination to see it through.

Only someone whose conduct was unconstrained by his conscience could possibly be implicated in such a heinous act as the murder of the president. Lyndon B. Johnson was such a person. As this book will show, he had engaged in numerous crimes during his political career, including stealing his elections from his college days and even in the inconsequential “Little Congress” through his initial election to the Senate in 1948. Subsequently, we will show that he became involved with mobsters and was paid off by them for protecting their illegal activities; furthermore, his involvement with convicted con man Billie Sol Estes, who implicated Johnson in several murders, will be shown, including the fact that he had his own “hit man,” Malcolm “Mac” Wallace. Johnson had even managed to corrupt the Texas judicial system such that Wallace was given, incredibly, a five-year suspended sentence after being found guilty of first-degree murder. We will also show that two of his aides in the White House, Bill Moyers and Richard Goodwin, became so concerned about his behavior that they independently consulted psychiatrists to discuss those concerns; both of them would resign in due course. Barr McClellan, who knew him and worked for him as an attorney, called him “psychopathic” and said, “He was willing to kill. And he did.” Moreover, he also stated that “his criminal career was capped with the assassination of President Kennedy.”

This book will describe numerous other events and actions involving Johnson throughout his career, from his younger years through his congressional years, then as majority leader of the Senate and vice president and later as president. It will show his dark side as it has never been shown before; his visage will become clearer as a truly loathsome, arrogant, and criminally ruthless man who would stop at nothing to reach his goals. Every time LBJ was slighted by the “best and brightest”—the younger, Ivy League people who called him “Colonel Cornpone” and worse—his resolve to make good on his promise increased. After all his years climbing his way up the ranks of Congress, after all his work to get to where he was as “second in command,” and after having forfeited his treasured, powerful position as the Senate majority leader, the derision of so many people in the administration rankled him beyond words. Notwithstanding the fact that he “detested every minute” as vice president, he was horrified at the prospect of losing it, knowing what was in store for him was the prediction of his own grandmother, who had said since he was a child that he would one day wind up in a penitentiary.

Guest Robert Morrow

Author Phillip Nelson again, giving some more insight into Lyndon Johnson:

As the book shows, Johnson suppressed JFK's legislative efforts and his foreign policy initiatives, and repeatedly sabotaged him through his "back channels" to the military and intelligence agencies. He did so in order to put himself into the position of being able to "change the subject" immediately after the assassination; this would help him establish himself as a man worthy of re-election since he was obviously such an effective and brilliant president.

This was all part of his original plan (which began in 1958-59) to execute a coup de'etat in order to become president, knowing that that was the only way he could possibly do so because of his "southern" base. From the first sentence of the book, strengthened on practically every other page, it is clear that Johnson considered it his destiny to become president and that nothing could get in his way to achieve his childhood dream. He was nothing if not a very skilled and meticulous planner, and this would be his ultimate project.

Read on. . .

Johnson’s World War II “Service”

After the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor, Lyndon Johnson decided that his political career required that he get himself into the navy. He went to visit Admiral Chester Nimitz, a Hill Country native, who signed the necessary forms installing him as a lieutenant commander, even though he had no training or experience to justify such a position. He originally wanted to be assigned to a job in Washington but went to undersecretary of the navy James V. Forrestal to get orders to conduct an “inspection tour” of West Coast training programs with his administrative assistant, John Connally, who had enlisted in the Naval Reserve. Johnson’s lack of training was the cause of his failure to salute an admiral. His reflection on this was characteristically self-absorbed: “I did not fully appreciate that my uniform completely concealed my status as a congressman” and “the fact that I looked like any other junior officer and . . . was expected to salute my superiors.” Perhaps Johnson felt that maybe the admiral erred in not saluting him, Congressman Lyndon Johnson.

While serving his country in California, he spent many weeks in Los Angeles, where one of his financial supporters, who was counsel for Paramount Pictures, “arranged things” for Johnson and John Connally to attend screenings and parties and long sessions with a Hollywood photographer and voice coach who helped him improve his speaking style and photography posing skills as dispatches came in describing the fighting going on in such places as the Bataan Peninsula and the Makassar Straits.

Apparently, the contrast between Johnson’s wartime experiences and the battles being waged in faraway places caused his mistress, Alice Glass, to be disillusioned with something in his character. After five months of politicking and partying on the West Coast, he decided that he needed to increase his responsibilities by getting an overseas assignment; his secretaries back in Washington had been telling his constituents that his present location was unknown but that he was en route to the war zone in the Pacific. He was finally dispatched to the Pacific with two other congressmen as “observers,” and General Douglas MacArthur realized that they might be helpful to him in relation to his own political necessities; evidently, Johnson had subjected MacArthur to his famous “treatment” at some point, given the bounty he would bring back to Washington, as we will shortly see.

In early June, he arrived in northern Australia, within what was considered a combat zone. Commander Johnson, like the other observers, accompanied a squadron assigned to bomb an enemy airfield. The mission of June 9 was code-named “Tow Nine,” and it involved eleven Martin B-26A Marauders—fast, twin-engine bombers—of the 22nd Bombardment Group from Port Moresby, New Guinea. Their target was Lae airdrome, an important Japanese installation on New Guinea’s northern coast. Up to this point, the stories of Johnson’s short ride in a Marauder are consistent; from here on, however, two completely different versions emerge. The first is his own, which was subsequently reshaped into an account that interestingly appeared in a 1964 book titled The Mission, by Martin Caidin and Edward Hymoff; its appearance, just as Johnson was preparing his run for the presidency, was certainly timely, and made for interesting conjecture as to whose idea it was to write the account at that time. Caidin was an already established aviation writer, best-known for books on space exploration and WWII in the Pacific; Johnson had doubtlessly heard of his books and apparently “commissioned” him to create another one.

The second version of Johnson’s ride on a Marauder couldn’t have been more completely different than the one conveniently appearing in the 1964 book. But considering that it was the one told by veterans who were actually there, it seems to be the more believable story. The following excerpts of the story of Johnson’s “mission” were taken from the “B-26 Marauder Historical Society’s” Web site:

"The fact is LBJ never got within sight of Japanese forces. His mission, like so much of his life, was a lie . . . The exact origins of the contrived decoration remain unknown. Major General R. K. Sutherland, MacArthur’s chief of staff, made the award in MacArthur’s name on June 18, 1942, just nine days after the alleged episode. The following day Brigadier General W. F. Marquat wrote Johnson, filling LBJ’s request for a signed copy of the citation. In his cover letter, Marquat stated, “Of course, your outstanding bravery in volunteering for a so-called suicide mission in order to get a first-hand view of what our Army fliers go through has been the subject of much favorable comment since your departure. It is indeed a great government we have when members of the Congress take THOSE chances in order to better serve their fellow men in the legislative bodies. You surely earned your decoration and I am so happy about your having received the award.”

"Clearly, the perception of Johnson’s valor as characterized in General Marguat’s letter was not shared by aircrews at the sharp end. Far from the "suicide mission" the general alluded to, 22nd Bomb Group airmen had a far calmer attitude toward Lae. As attested by records and combat veterans, the group lost twice as many aircraft over Rabaul, the naval-air bastion on New Britain, as at Lae. Recalled Colonel Leon G. Lewis, USAF (Ret), who flew with Lieutenant Hayes in Shamrock, "The targets, Lae and Salamaua, were milk runs; on the other hand, Rabaul was a tough mission. We were not aware at the time of Lyndon Johnson’s write-up for the Silver Star; they were scarce for aircrews.

"The decoration remains a sore point with many 22nd Bomb Group veterans. The Hare’s crew chief, retired Master Sergeant W. H. Harrison, said, "As to the strangeness of LBJ’s Silver Star . . . no other crew member aboard 1488 received one." Equally adamant was the Hare’s regular gunner Robert Marshal, who said, "We didn’t know (LBJ) was awarded the Silver Star until the book came out. We didn’t like it. If he got it, then so should everyone else on the mission." In truth, if any decoration was awarded the various observers on the mission, it should have been the Air Medal. Ordinarily presented for five or more missions, it was regarded by aviators as an "I-was-there" award; a means of setting apart those who have performed a combat function. Award of the Silver Star—even had Johnson’s citations been accurate—was an insult to every man who earned the medal. (emphasis added)

The two leading biographers of Johnson commented about his Silver Star, in a report done by CNN titled, The Story of LBJ’s Silver Star, by Jamie McIntyre, CNN military affairs correspondent, and Jim Barnett, CNN Producer:

"Robert Caro:

“The most you can say about Lyndon Johnson and his Silver Star is that it is surely one of the most undeserved Silver Stars in history," Caro said. "Because if you accept everything that he said, he was still in action for no more than 13 minutes and only as an observer. Men who flew many missions, brave men, never got a Silver Star . . . I would say that it's an issue of exaggerations," Caro said." He said that he flew on many missions, not one mission. He said that the crew members, the other members of the Air Force group, were so admiring of him that they called him Raider Johnson. Neither of these things are true.”

"Robert Dallek:

“What I concluded, was that there was an agreement, a deal made between LBJ and Gen. MacArthur. And the deal was Johnson would get this medal, which somebody later said was the least deserved and most talked about medal in American military history. And MacArthur, in return, had a pledge from Johnson that he would lobby FDR to provide greater resources for the southwest Pacific theater. . . It matters that the record is accurate because it speaks volumes about the man, about his character, about his place in history, about judgments that historians make on him," Dallek said. "Is he to be trusted?"

When Johnson returned from his horrible war experience, he initially told others that he really didn’t deserve the medal, even stating that he wouldn’t wear it. He even wrote a letter of formal refusal, stating that “I cannot in good conscience accept the decoration” and had the letter typed, ready for his signature; but the letter was filed away, unsigned and never to be mailed. He even arranged to have the Silver Star presented to himself: in public, several times. He purchased a jeweler’s quality “battle ribbon” emblematic of the Silver Star at a store in Washington and wore it often in public appearances; once at an American Legion post in Fort Worth, he had the commander pin it on him as “a crowd of Legionnaires cheered and Johnson stood before them, head bowed, face somber, hardly able to blink back the tears.” To make sure people recognized it, he would place his left hand on his lapel and pull it forward and back, waving it, as he extolled his own heroic and patriotic, death-defying actions during his twenty-minute airplane ride.

Joe M. Kilgore was a Texan who knew Lyndon Johnson well; during the twenty years he worked for him, he finally realized that Johnson would believe only that which he wanted to believe, often confusing that with what was the truth; in fact he actually believed in many things that were categorically untrue, yet he believed them completely. In some cases—such as his grandfather dying at the Alamo--they were relatively harmless; in others, such as his belief that he, and he alone, knew how to beat back the communists in Vietnam, they were highly destructive. According to Kilgore, after years of patting himself on the back for his gallantry in action, Johnson went from feigning suprise at receiving the Silver Star—and uttered doubts about whether it was deserved—to complaining that it was "only" the Silver Star; he came to believe that he had been short-changed and should have had a higher medal, such as the Medal of Honor . . . “He believed it totally.” This trait of Johnson’s—to become convinced that the lie was the truth, no matter what the facts were—would play itself out over and over throughout his career.

Both my edit and upload fucntions seem to be working.

Could another member please confirm if they are experiencing the same problems as Bernice?

Bernice, which browser are you using?

:ph34r:

i was using the internet explorer... ...i tried to upload a photo tonight but that did not work but jus now when i clicked the attach files they came up ???the edit is..not working for me in this post .....but it would not surprise me if it is this pita lap...thanks b..

Edited by Bernice Moore

While I don't believe LBJ was the ultimate mastermind behind the assassination, I think it's pretty obvious that he knew it was going to happen. Many of us first suspected conspiracy because of LBJ's classless behavior in the aftermath of the assassination. Read the accounts of Kennedy insiders- especially Johnny, We Hardly Knew Ye and Evelyn Lincoln's memoir. O'Donnell and Powers unsuccessfully camouflaged their rage at Johnson in their best selling book. He lied about his conversation with RFK that afternoon, which resulted in the grotestque swearing in aboard Air Force One, demanding that the shell shocked widow stand by his side. The overt "wink" from Albert Thomas, the uncontained glee on Lady Bird's face, the rumors that LBJ's people were insensitive and really partying hard on the trip back to Washington (admittedly, this last one comes from Penn Jones)- there are very good reasons that many people suspected Johnson from the outset.

I remember, as a child, that my Catholic family members were united in the belief that LBJ was behind it all. To be honest, it really looked like LBJ was trying to act like was upset, but could barely contain his glee. As I noted, I think more powerful forces ordered the assassination, but there is little question LBJ participated in the coverup and, at the very least had prior knowledge of the assassination and approved of it.

Edited by Don Jeffries

While I don't believe LBJ was the ultimate mastermind behind the assassination, I think it's pretty obvious that he knew it was going to happen. Many of us first suspected conspiracy because of LBJ's classless behavior in the aftermath of the assassination. Read the accounts of Kennedy insiders- especially Johnny, We Hardly Knew Ye and Evelyn Lincoln's memoir. O'Donnell and Powers unsuccessfully camouflaged their rage at Johnson in their best selling book. He lied about his conversation with RFK that afternoon, which resulted in the grotestque swearing in aboard Air Force One, demanding that the shell shocked widow stand by his side. The overt "wink" from Albert Thomas, the uncontained glee on Lady Bird's face, the rumors that LBJ's people were insensitive and really partying hard on the trip back to Washington (admittedly, this last one comes from Penn Jones)- there are very good reasons that many people suspected Johnson from the outset.

I remember, as a child, that my Catholic family members were united in the belief that LBJ was behind it all. To be honest, it really looked like LBJ was trying to act like was upset, but could barely contain his glee. As I noted, I think more powerful forces ordered the assassination, but there is little question LBJ participated in the coverup and, at the very least had prior knowledge of the assassination and approved of it.

I don't know Don.

Donald Gibson's book which focuses on who organized the Warren Commission was pretty convincing that the movers behind the WC were private power outside of Government. That these people convinced LBJ to create the WC.

LBJ also didnt seem to want any part of the Vietnam war. Listen to LBJ's telephone calls with McGeorge Bundy. He is against the Vietnam war just as JFK was against it.

The most interesting aspect of LBJ and the Kennedy murder occurs after LBJ is out of office. LBJ said some pretty provocative things to media. LBJ was downright conspiratorial, a conspiracy buff.

What amazes me about most buffs is they have no idea who promotes the Kennedy political dynasty. They have no idea who the Kennedy family is beholden to for their wealth and political power. The Kennedy's are considered to be this "liberal" family who wouldnt hurt a fly. Unfortunately this is far from the truth. The Kennedy family as a political force is not much different than say the "Bush" family. Look at Edward Kennedy's career, and you might get a hint about the people behind the Kennedy mystique.

President John F Kennedy broke with family traditions and tried to become another FDR.

Here is another bit of historical irony.

When President Kennedy took on US Steel back in 1962, he was taking on financial interests close to his father Joseph P. Kennedy Sr.

From the JFK library we have this biography of Joe Kennedy Sr.

QUOTE:

Even apart from his election to the Board, however, Kennedy's connections were beginning to pay off. In 1917, fellow Board member Guy Currier, a prominent Boston lawyer and counsel for Bethlehem Steel, recommended Kennedy to Bethlehem chief executive Charles M. Schwab for the position of assistant general manager at the company's Fore River Shipyard in Quincy, Massachusetts. Already one of the largest shipyards in the country, Fore River was booming with orders as a result of the United States' entry into World War I, and a companion yard was being built at nearby Squantum. Kennedy's close supervision would keep this work under control. It was during his tenure at Fore River that Kennedy would first meet – and sometimes clash with – Franklin D. Roosevelt, then assistant secretary of the Navy

http://www.jfklibrary.org/Historical+Resources/Biographies+and+Profiles/Biographies/bio_kennedy_joseph_p.htm

US Steel:

History

J. P. Morgan and the attorney, Elbert H. Gary founded U.S. Steel in 1901 (incorporated on February 25) by combining the Andrew Carnegie's Carnegie Steel Company with Gary's Federal Steel Company and William Henry "Judge" Moore's National Steel Company[6] for $492 million. It was capitalized at $1.4 billion,[3] making it the world's first billion-dollar corporation.[7] At one time, U.S. Steel was the largest steel producer and largest corporation in the world. In 1907 it bought its largest competitor Tennessee Coal, Iron and Railroad Company which was headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama. This led to Tennessee Coal's being replaced in the Dow Jones Industrial Average by the General Electric Company.[5] The federal government attempted to use federal antitrust laws to break up U.S. Steel in 1911, but that effort ultimately failed. Time and competitors have, however, accomplished nearly the same thing. In its first full year of operation, U.S. Steel made 67 percent of all the steel produced in the United States. It now produces less than 10 percent.

The Corporation, as it was known on Wall Street,[3] always distinguished itself to investors by virtue of its size, rather than for its efficiency or creativeness during its heyday. In 1901, it controlled two-thirds of steel production.[3] Because of heavy debts taken on at the company's formation — Carnegie insisted on being paid in gold bonds for his stake — and fears of antitrust litigation, U.S. Steel moved cautiously. Competitors often innovated faster, especially Bethlehem Steel, run by U.S. Steel's former first president, Charles M. Schwab. U.S. Steel's share of the expanding market slipped to 50 percent by 1911.[3]

U.S. Steel's production peaked at more than 35 million tons in 1953. Its employment was greatest in 1943 (during World War II) when it had more than 340,000 employees; by 2000, however, it employed 52,500 people.[3] The federal government has also intervened on other occasions to try to control U.S. Steel. President Harry S. Truman attempted to take over its steel mills in 1952 to resolve a crisis with its union, the United Steelworkers of America. The Supreme Court of the United States blocked the takeover by ruling that the president did not have the constitutional authority to seize the mills (see Youngstown Sheet & Tube Co. v. Sawyer, 343 U.S. 579 (1952)). President John F. Kennedy was more successful in 1962 when he pressured the steel industry into reversing price increases that Kennedy considered dangerously inflationary. The federal government prevented U.S. Steel from acquiring National Steel in 1984 and political pressure from the United States Congress forced it to abandon plans to import British Steel slabs.[3] It finally acquired National Steel's assets in 2003 after National Steel went bankrupt. U.S. Steel acquired Marathon Oil in 1982, as well as Texas Oil & Gas several years later. It reorganized its holdings as USX Corporation in 1986, with U.S. Steel (renamed USS, Inc.,) as a major subsidiary.

At the end of the 20th century, the corporation found itself deriving much of its revenue and net income from its energy operations, so led by CEO Thomas Usher, U.S. Steel spun off Marathon and other non-steel assets (except Transtar) in October, 2001, and expanded into internationally for the first time by purchasing operations in Slovakia and Serbia.[8]

========================================

And let's not forget old man Joe's connection to organized crime. He was partner with the Reinfeld syndicate and the Bronfman family running liquor into the United States.

http://books.google.com/books?id=ZO8jKSn25DAC&pg=PA207&lpg=PA207&dq=joseph+reinfeld+liquor+distributing&source=bl&ots=rZoSqpa1wh&sig=eC_6aRg_Ya4MEesEnsWp3rq6W6M&hl=en&ei=oD-STO7AI4aPnwf2g7HrCA&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=5&ved=0CCMQ6AEwBA

The attorney for the Bronfman family was Louis Mortimer Bloomfield who headed up the British assassination bureau "Permindex".

Recall LBJ's comments right before he died "we were running a damn Murder, Inc. out of the Carribean".

That description fits Permindex to a tee.

I think that LBJ's "revelation" that we were "running a damned Murder Incorporated in the Caribbean" has to be carefully studied in the context of the interview source, and the political times, to determine to whom it would be most damaging to at the time:

Nixon?

The JFK/RFK legacy?

The Eastern Establishment? (Rockefeller-Harriman)

Note that Nixon lived to regret bringing up essentially the same topic to Dick Helms.

Edited by David Andrews