The Education Forum

JFK,THE CIA,VIETNAM,AND THE PLOT TO ASSASSINATE JFK

Bernice Moore

I read it recently for the first time (after reading other Prouty and listening to many lectures on film) - and it's probably one of the most important books on Vietnam. I hate to say it, but had Prouty avoided his surmises on the mechanics of the assassination, the book would have gotten a lot more recognition. (Paradoxically, though, it's the Kennedy/Oliver Stone associations that got it published as prominently as it was. But that didn't buy it many favorable reviews in the mainstream press.)

And there's the dichotomy: I have an older friend who's a Vietnam vet, and I'd love to get him a copy because I think he'd like it based on his other reading. But the assassination conspiracy would turn him off. Dear Abby...

Edited by David Andrews

Guest Robert Morrow

I read it recently for the first time (after reading other Prouty and listening to many lectures on film) - and it's probably one of the most important books on Vietnam. I hate to say it, but had Prouty avoided his surmises on the mechanics of the assassination, the book would have gotten a lot more recognition. (Paradoxically, though, it's the Kennedy/Oliver Stone associations that got it published as prominently as it was. But that didn't buy it many favorable reviews in the mainstream press.)

And there's the dichotomy: I have an older friend who's a Vietnam vet, and I'd love to get him a copy because I think he'd like it based on his other reading. But the assassination conspiracy would turn him off. Dear Abby...

Give your friend a copy of Prouty's book. He needs to learn with the ugly reality of the JFK assassination .... and it was a big reason he was in Vietnam in the first place.