The Education Forum

How many people did it take to assassinate JFK

Jim Root

Does that look like a radiating crack forming in the right place on the windshield?edit add: if one extends the lines to a point of origin? edit add: Or having formed, the crack planes reflecting sun? edit add: passenger SS looks towards it. If it is so then a ricochet off chrome to crack gives trajectory?

Martin can you zoom in on it?

Edited by John Dolva

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does that look like a radiating crack forming in the right place on the windshield?edit add: if one extends the lines to a point of origin? edit add: Or having formed, the crack planes reflecting sun? edit add: passenger SS looks towards it. If it is so then a ricochet off chrome to crack gives trajectory?

Driver (and connally) seem to look that direction too.

Driver (and connally) seem to look that direction too.

It's entirely possible that the three white lines we see on the windshield may be radiating cracks from the bullet that penetrated Greer's side of the windshield, appearing one after another in the sunlight. At the end of the clip above (post # 55), simultaneous with the windshield penetration, Connally's left shoulder begins to rise as part of his extreme reaction to the windshield penetrating slug. Again, you can see Connally's and Kellerman's reactions best in this framing below (just turn off the soundtrack on the clip):

Viewing the clip posted by Martin at # 55 above, I suspect that Kennedy is hit in the right upper back just before he emerges from behind the sign, which makes his right fist ball up. Immediately after, the throat shot makes both fists clench and rise to throat level. He may not have felt the low velocity, limited-penetrating back projectile as much as he did the choking throat shot. Perhaps it was not a metal bullet, as such.

Before reacting to the windshield/throat bullet passing between him and Nellie, Connally looks puzzled as he emerges from behind the sign, as if he has heard the back wound shot or even heard its impact in JFK's shoulder.

One thing we must remember is that the president and governor are on parade, and being not only respected officials but former servicemen, their reactions are going to be tempered by concerns of image and dignity - at least until that throat shot, when Connally begins to lose it. Kennedy, however, refuses to duck or flail for help after the throat shot, though he next seems to be losing consciousness as he sags toward Jackie.

Looking at those possible windshield cracks, we ought to try to match them to other windshield photos, and to round up for comparison those photos that don't match - and ask why they don't.

Edited by David Andrews

It's more than just interesting. If this observation is valid this (for me) is the first indication of the falsity re shot one. (inattentional blindness?). Martin, you may have cracked it (no pun intended) with this excellent gif. This could be just what the doctor ordered re a push for many for officially reopening the case.

John, here frame 224 a bit larger. Click for full size.

224jd.jpg

Jim, thats interesting.

I never heard from Mili Cranor..

Martin

Thanks Martin. Can you see the radiating lines converging at one point? Is the aspect ratio correct? Once located and compared to windshield damage photos one may see a similarity. Then its a matter of getting an overhead and side and front view.

the appearance of lines is progressive, not just on one frame : but they suddenly appear.

Edited by John Dolva

John, there are a lot of cracks and little splices in this enhanced version.

I tend to say that this are just film anomalies.

Thank you for your kind words. :)

Martin

I thought that too - but in these frames we don't see them on the car, in the air, over people's faces...just on that glass.

True, witnesses reported a "hole," and not great sunburst cracks - and the extant photos of the damage show much less. But this looks awfully funny, and should be researched on multiple copies of the film.

Since the occupants of the limo cited no windshield damage, nothing was revealed either way by their statements.

Not just on the glass on ONE frame, but a number of frames and an apparent progressive which could be due to the shift in reflection as the limo shifts in relation to the sun. Plus the apparent cracks seem to have a distinct point of origin on all the frames having this feature.that corresponds with the windshield damage. This is far too significant to dismiss by an anomaly argument. Forther the turning of the heads of people in the limo towards this area which is where they would have first heard sound, before the rifle sound. People tend to exclusively turn over their right shoulder in response to a sound from behind (poss an innate protection of the jugular). As David says this can't just be dismissed without looking deeper at. (imo). I have done a bit of glass cutting when doing shapes for leadglass windows and seeing the cracks is not often easy. One has to move the glass around in order to see the cracks properly. It seems to me the conditions were just right at this moment. (as a sideline,I didn't bump the nix corkscrew topic for nothing...)

Not just on the glass on ONE frame, but a number of frames and an apparent progressive which could be due to the shift in reflection as the limo shifts in relation to the sun. Plus the apparent cracks seem to have a distinct point of origin on all the frames having this feature.that corresponds with the windshield damage. This is far too significant to dismiss by an anomaly argument. Forther the turning of the heads of people in the limo towards this area which is where they would have first heard sound, before the rifle sound. People tend to exclusively turn over their right shoulder in response to a sound from behind (poss an innate protection of the jugular). As David says this can't just be dismissed without looking deeper at. (imo). I have done a bit of glass cutting when doing shapes for leadglass windows and seeing the cracks is not often easy. One has to move the glass around in order to see the cracks properly. It seems to me the conditions were just right at this moment. (as a sideline,I didn't bump the nix corkscrew topic for nothing...)

I propably misinterpret what you and David mean, John?

Here is frame 232:

232.jpg

Can you guide me to the point of interest?

Thx

Martin

Edited by Martin Hinrichs

As I said it is a matter of angle at which one looks at the cracks in relation to light source. The point of interest can be deduced from the previously posted gif. Here it would be at the end of the diagonal line right of the mirror.

Just to let you know, I'm not going to be drawn into an argument on this that does not first deal with the frames that show the lines converging on a point as posted in the gif previously.

If that does not happen, personally I'm happy to leave things as they are.

edit add : like I said in the nix corkscrew topic : run with it or not.

Edited by John Dolva

All reasonable people know that a missed shot was fired around Z-frame 160. Governor Connally's head snap to the right at Z164 (plus Rosemary Willis' stopping dead in her tracks) is good evidence to indicate a missed shot at around Z160.

So the WC was correct to not tie itself down to a definitive first shot at Z210. They allowed for other possibilities....including the possibility that Shot #1 was the missed shot, which would then extend the shooting timeline by a minimum of 2.3 seconds--from 5.6 seconds to at least 7.9 seconds.

I'm not selling snake oil, Jimbo. And the Warren Commission wasn't either. We're selling logic and common sense.

You, OTOH, are selling absurdity when you try to sell the idea that one bullet couldn't possibly have gone through both JFK and Governor Connally--even though BOTH MEN WERE HIT IN THEIR RESPECTIVE UPPER BACKS WITH A BULLET AT VIRTUALLY AN IDENTICAL POINT IN TIME ON THE ZAPRUDER FILM.

Plus, there's the fact that all of your "conspiracy" bullets are forced to vanish off the planet; while via my SBT theory, no bullets need to perform a disappearing act.

If I'm selling snake oil, Jim, then you're selling miracles.

Edited by David Von Pein