The Education Forum

WikiLeaks

John Dolva

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are obviously mentally unbalanced and seem to have developed a bizarre obsession with me. None of your drooling has anything to do with Wikileaks.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Obession ????????????????????????? No I feel otherwise. No for it seems its ye old POT KETTLE BLACK.

NOW BACK TO THE important topic of tricky (OPPS again) wikileaks. SG

http://tarpley.net/2011/01/16/tunisian-wikileaks-putsch/

++++++++++++++++++++RELATED ?

http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article25655.html (Price manipulation creating instability ? see above link)

Edited by Steven Gaal

A LaRouche groupie makes undocumented claims, they must be true! Odd that the peaceful overthrow of a corrupt and oppressive despot is considered a bad thing. The ben-Ali regime repressed the Islamists and was an ally on the War on Terror so it is unlikely that overthrowing it was a CIA objective

http://english.aljazeera.net/indepth/opinion/2011/01/20111981222719974.html

http://motherjones.com/politics/2011/01/washington-media-group-tunisia-pr-firm

http://www.truth-out.org/protest-suicide-highlights-economic-and-political-oppression-tunisia66631

A LaRouche groupie makes undocumented claims, they must be true! Odd that the peaceful overthrow of a corrupt and oppressive despot is considered a bad thing. The ben-Ali regime repressed the Islamists and was an ally on the War on Terror so it is unlikely that overthrowing it was a CIA objective

http://www.truth-out.org/protest-suicide-highlights-economic-and-political-oppression-tunisia66631

######################################

LEN U HAVE ZERO RESPECT FOR ME> MY ARGUMENTS ARE ABOUT BANKING ELITES> (not the straw man CIA argument u just injected) SAID ELITES DO USE THE MANY INTEL SERVICES OF THE WEST AND THEIR OWN ASSETS LIKE THE DALLAS JFK CONNECTIONS TO EMPIRE TRUST OR SOROS TODAY> COLBY QUOTE +You are obviously mentally unbalanced and seem to have developed a bizarre obsession with me. None of your drooling has anything to do with Wikileaks. + END COLBY QUOTE Now to me its either you can't understand a meta-argument,the thrust of/larger implications of an argument OR (OR) you have another motivation to nitpick. Steven Gaal who professes I am not a ,"idiot,stupid ,moron,fool,uneducated,mentally lazy,mentally unbalanced,ect,ect..." as Colby has repeatedly posted on this forum.You are IMHO Mr. Colby a very ,very mean person.

############################# :):) Now back to the topic at hand. In a previous post in this thread tricky (eh,eh SOOO sorry,oops) wikileaks connected to Tunisian events.################################

Uprising in Tunisia SEE http://www.wsws.org/articles/2011/jan2011/tuni-j19.shtml

At least five ministers have been forced to quit Tunisia's National Unity Government, less than a day after it was formed, in the face of mass hostility to its domination by the party of deposed President Zine El Abidine Ben Ali.

############################ also see

http://www.wsws.org/articles/2011/jan2011/npat-j18.shtml

Tunisian events expose pro-imperialist policy of France’s New Anti-Capitalist Party

By Kumaran Ira, 18 January 2011

#########################

COLBY QUOTE = to have developed a bizarre obsession with me == END COLBY QUOTE. ## Now I ask every member of this forum where I ever (EVER) followed COLBY at FAKE APOLLO THREADS. NO SIR !...never !! If I post on 911, COLBY comes......its really Colby who is obsessed...really.....

THANKS Steve Gaal :angel

Edited by Steven Gaal

LEN U HAVE ZERO RESPECT FOR ME>

You finally got something right!

MY ARGUMENTS ARE ABOUT BANKING ELITES> (not the straw man CIA argument u just injected)

You cited Tarpley he said the CIA via Wikileaks was responsible for the Tunisian "Putsch"

COLBY QUOTE = to have developed a bizarre obsession with me == END COLBY QUOTE. ## Now I ask every member of this forum where I ever (EVER) followed COLBY at FAKE APOLLO THREADS. NO SIR !...never !! If I post on 911, COLBY comes......its really Colby who is obsessed...really.....

I rebut stupidity or points I disagree with. Your posts are about 100% stupid. But if you check again you will see that I did not reply to a few of your threads. You have obviously spent quite a bit of time researching me, my city of residence and even a Colombian company with the same name as mine, thus you are obsessed

LEN U HAVE ZERO RESPECT FOR ME>

You finally got something right!

MY ARGUMENTS ARE ABOUT BANKING ELITES> (not the straw man CIA argument u just injected)

You cited Tarpley he said the CIA via Wikileaks was responsible for the Tunisian "Putsch"

I rebut stupidity or points I disagree with. Your posts are about 100% stupid. But if you check again you will see that I did not reply to a few of your threads. You have obviously spent quite a bit of time researching me, my city of residence and even a Colombian company with the same name as mine, thus you are obsessed

#####################################################################

The coincidence kook AKA Lone Nutter AKA No coinspiracy AKA Colby people are all (all) researched by the JFK community. I have looked into Gary Mack as have many,many other JFK researchers. This is very common knowledge that lone nutters are researched into. This is very common knowledge that lone nutters are researched into . This is very common knowledge that lone nutters are looked into. Your surprise at being looked into must be a pose to acquire sympathy as a sooooo called "victim ". Did you miss this TEN PAGE THREAD ??

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=16495&st=135 ??? or this ???

http://www.ctka.net/2009/target_car_jd3.html

Yes Gary Mack's ideas are followed as are yours.....LONE NUTTERED posts/info need to rebuffed. In the parlance of the street ,you are a poser. ;) 1750 returns this site alone .

http://www.google.com/search?q=JFK+%22Gary+Mach%22&hl=en&num=10&lr=&ft=i&cr=&safe=images&tbs=#hl=en&lr=&q=+site:educationforum.ipbhost.com+JFK+%22Gary+Mack%22&sa=X&ei=62g3Ta7DI43CsAPDy5WjAw&ved=0CCoQrQIwAg&fp=a09eab5fb0f14aaf

#######################################88888888888888######### COLBY'S SONG

Saint CIAeve, Saint CIAeve

It's COLBYere, remember me?

Saint CIAeve, Saint CIAeve

I'm over here beneath this tree!

You know how faithful and devout I am

You must admit I've always been a lamb

But CIAeve, Saint CIAeve

I won't obey you anymore

You've gone a bit too far

I won't be bid and bargained for

Like beads at a bazaar

Saint CIAeve, I've run away

Eluded them and fled

And from now on I intend to pray

To someone else instead!

Oh, CIAeve, Saint CIAeve

Where were you when my youth was sold?

Dear CIAeve, Sweet CIAeve

Shan't I be young before I'm old?

Where are the simple joys of victimhood?

Where are all those adoring daring post readers?

Where's the poster followers pining so for me

they leap to death in woe for me?

Oh where are a victim's simple joys?

Shan't I have the normal life a poser should?

Shall I never be rescued in the wood?

Shall two poster followers never tilt for me

and let their blood be spilt for me?

Oh where are the simple joys of victimhood?

Shall I not be on a pedestal,

Worshipped and competed for?

Not be carried off, or better st'll,

Cause a little war?

Are those sweet, gentle pleasures gone for good?

Shall a feud not begin for me?

Shall kith not kill their kin for me?

Oh, where are the simple joys of victimhood?

Shall I never be disputed for

Or on any minstrel's lips

Never have my face recruited for

Launching countless posts

Are those sweet, gentle pleasures gone for good?

Shall two poster followers never tilt for me?

Or let their blood be spilt for me?

Oh, where are the trivial joys,

Harmless, convivial joys

Edited by Steven Gaal

Mack is a public figure and I don’t remember seeing any posts about his personal life or anyone writing/adapting songs about him. Like I said you are an obsessed loon. Ironic that you do what you complain the government does.

I never claimed to be a victim.

Mack is a public figure and I don’t remember seeing any posts about his personal life or anyone writing/adapting songs about him. Like I said you are an obsessed loon. Ironic that you do what you complain the government does.

I never claimed to be a victim.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

POINT 1) You must not have read the thread with the Jack White Quote,"the two Gary Macks" regarding the personal life of Gary Mack. . This of course is also a pun of Jack's on his own work on the "Many Faces of LHO". You are also ignorant of the many posts in internet JFK forums about Mack and also his,'Global Connection' ,the 6th Floor. The law firm of the 6th floor today is a new version of the Parade Route law firm (which was assassinated related via Wallace Investments) and the firm that handled the personal affairs of "W" Bush. The so called Alcohol arrest of "W" was really a harder drug arrest. Said firm handled the cover up. The universrse of JFK research doesnt just exist on this internet site. You bask in the darkness of ignorance when you think Lone Nutters are not all looked into by serious JFK researchers. POINT 2) Compose a song for you ?? You dont know were I got the lyric ? Is the whole Colby family a clan of nerdish trolls,I ask ?? The song is a display of witticism. Nerdy trolls IMHO either lack said trait or have a miniscule amount. 3) You state I put the CIA into the issue. Well I put up two links sir.You glob on to one thing and again ignore other data I post. This said purposeful ignoring of datum inforces the idea I posted in this thread that you cannot (or will not to nitpick) follow the thrust of a meta argument. The price manipulation of food was not connected to the CIA,but finance speculators.This cuts to the heart of the main core of my coinspiarcy postings , that BANKING ELITES are driving events.Now I like Chossudovsky (follow his papers/ideas/books) and if you find him stupid ==then I am stupid as you continue to post.Now below the IMF and World Bank working to destabilize Tunisia. Said events in Tunisia were connected by some to wikileaks.This wikileaks connection can diffuse a look at the real culprits being the financers. To the point , there was a movement ,'50 years is enough !!'. Said movement decried the austerity measures imposed by the World Bank and stated that said "MEASURES" caused the death of 50 million people. I really havent found any empathy or sympathy displayed by you for other people. I find these traits the sine qua non of being a real human being. You know in retrospect you maybe a victim, a victim of your upbringing. SGaal

http://globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=22867

Tunisia and the IMF's Diktats: How Macro-Economic Policy Triggers Worldwide Poverty and Unemployment

by Michel Chossudovsky

Global Research, January 20, 2011

General Zine el Abidine Ben Ali , the defunct and deposed president of Tunisia is heralded by the Western media, in chorus, as a dictator.

The Tunisian protest movement is casually described as the consequence of an undemocratic and authoritarian regime, which defies the norms of the "international community".

But Ben Ali was not a "dictator". Dictators decide and dictate. Ben Ali was a servant of Western economic interests, a faithful political puppet who obeyed orders, with the active support of the international community.

Foreign interference in Tunisia's domestic affairs is not mentioned in the media reports. The food price hikes were not "dictated" by the Ben Ali government. They were imposed by Wall Street and the IMF.

The role of Ben Ali's government was to enforce the IMF's deadly economic medicine, which over a period of more than twenty years has served to destabilize the national economy and impoverish the Tunisian population.

Ben Ali as head of state did not decide on anything of substance. National sovereignty was foregone. In 1987, at the height of the debt crisis, the left nationalist government of Habib Bourguiba was replaced by a new regime, firmly committed to "free market" reforms.

Macroeconomic management under the helm of the IMF was in the hands of Tunisia's external creditors. Over the last 23 years, economic and social policy in Tunisia has been dictated by the Washington Consensus.

Ben Ali stayed in power because his government obeyed and effectively enforced the diktats of the IMF, while serving the interests of both the US and the European Union.

This pattern has occurred in numerous countries.

Continuity of the IMF's deadly reforms requires "regime replacement". The installation of a political puppet ensures the enforcement of the neoliberal agenda while also creating conditions for the eventual demise of a corrupt and unpopular government which has been draw upon to impoverish an entire population.

The Protest Movement

It is not Wall Street and the Washington based international financial institutions which are the direct target of the protest movement. The social implosion was directed against a government rather than against the interference of foreign powers in the conduct of government policy.

At the outset, the protests were not the result of an organized political movement directed against the imposition of the neoliberal reforms.

Moreover, there are indications that the protest movement was manipulated with a view to creating social chaos as well as ensuring political continuity. There are unconfirmed reports of armed militias conducting acts of repression and intimidation in major urban areas.

The important question is how will the crisis evolve? How will the broader issue of foreign interference be addressed by the Tunisian people?

From the standpoint of both Washington and Brussels, an unpopular authoritarian regime is slated to be replaced by a new puppet government. Elections are envisaged under the supervision of the so-called international community, in which case candidates would be pre-selected and approved.

Were this process of regime change to be carried out on behalf of foreign interests, the new proxy government would no doubt ensure the continuity of the neoliberal policy agenda which has served to impoverish the Tunisian population.

The interim government led by acting president Fouad Mebazza is currently in an impasse, with fierce opposition emanating from the trade union movement (UGTT). Mebazza has promised to "break with past", without however specifying whether this signifies a repeal of the neoliberal economic reforms.

Historical Background

The media in chorus have presented the crisis in Tunisia as an issue of domestic politics, without a historical insight. The presumption is that with the removal of "the dictator" and the instatement of a duly elected government, the social crisis will eventually be resolved.

The first "bread riots" in Tunisia date back to 1984. The January 1984 protest movement was motivated by a 100 percent hike in the price of bread. This hike had been demanded by the IMF under Tunisia's structural adjustment program (SAP). The elimination of food subsidies was a de facto condition of the loan agreement with the IMF.

President Habib Bourguiba, who played a historical role in liberating his country from French colonialism, declared a state of emergency in response to the riots:

While gunfire sounded, police and army troops in Jeeps and armored personnel carriers fanned out through the city to quell the "bread riot." The show of force finally brought an uneasy calm, but only after more than 50 demonstrators and bystanders were killed. Then, in a dramatic five-minute radio and television broadcast, Bourguiba announced that he was reversing the price hike. (Tunisia: Bourguiba Lets Them Eat Bread - TIME, January 1984)

Following president Bourguiba's retraction, the hike in the price of bread was reversed. Bourguiba fired his Minister of the Interior and refused to abide by the demands of the Washington Consensus.

The neoliberal agenda had nonetheless been instated, leading to rampant inflation and mass unemployment. Three years later, Bourguiba and his government were removed in a bloodless coup d'Etat, "on the grounds of incompetence", leading to the instatement of General Zine el Abidine Ben Ali as president in November 1987. This coup was not directed against Bourguiba, it was largely intended to permanently dismantle the nationalist political structure initially established in the mid-1950s, while also privatizing State assets.

The military coup not only marked the demise of post-colonial nationalism which had been led by Bourguiba, it also contributed to weakening the role of France. The Ben Ali government became firmly aligned with Washington rather than Paris.

Barely a few months following Ben Ali's November 1987 instatement as the country's president, a major agreement was signed with the IMF. An agreement had also been reached with Brussels pertaining to the establishment of a free trade regime with the EU. A massive privatization program under the supervision of the IMF-World Bank was also launched. With hourly wages of the order of Euro 0.75 an hour, Tunisia had also become a cheap labor haven for the European Union.

Who is the dictator?

A review of IMF documents suggests that from Ben Ali's inauguration in 1987 to the present, his government had faithfully abided by IMF-World Bank conditionalities, including the firing of public sector workers, the elimination of price controls over essential consumer goods and the implementation of a sweeping privatization program. The lifting of trade barriers ordered by the World Bank was conducive to triggering a wave of bankruptcies.

Following these dislocations of the national economy, cash remittances from Tunisian workers in the European Union became an increasingly important source of the foreign exchange earnings.

There are some 650,000 Tunisians living overseas. Total workers' remittances in 2010 were of the order of US$1.960 billion, an increase of 57 percent in relation to 2003. A large share of these remittances in foreign exchange will be used to service the country's external debt.

The Speculative Hike in World Food Prices

In September 2010, an understanding was reached between Tunis and the IMF, which recommended the removal of remaining subsidies as a means to achieving fiscal balance:

Fiscal prudence remains an overarching priority for the [Tunisian] authorities, who also see the need for maintaining a supportive fiscal policy in 2010 in the current international environment. Efforts in the last decade to bring down the public debt ratio significantly should not be jeopardized by a too lax fiscal policy. The authorities are committed to firmly control current expenditure, including subsidies,... IMF Tunisia: 2010 Article IV Consultation - Staff Report; Public Information Notice on the Executive Board Discussion; and Statement by the Executive Director for Tunisia http://www.imf.org/external/pubs/ft/scr/2010/cr10282.pdf

It is worth noting that the IMF's insistence on fiscal austerity and the removal of subsidies coincided chronologically with a renewed upsurge in staple food prices on the London, New York and Chicago commodity exchanges. These price hikes are in large part the result of speculative trade by major financial and corporate agribusiness interests.

These hikes in food prices, which are the result of outright manipulation (rather than scarcity) have served to impoverish people Worldwide. The surge in food prices constitutes a new phase of the process of global impoverishment.

"The media has casually misled public opinion on the causes of these price hikes, focusing almost exclusively on issues of costs of production, climate and other factors which result in reduced supply and which might contribute to boosting the price of food staples. While these factors may come into play, they are of limited relevance in explaining the impressive and dramatic surge in commodity prices.

Spiralling food prices are in large part the result of market manipulation. They are largely attributable to speculative trade on the commodity markets. Grain prices are boosted artificially by large scale speculative operations on the New York and Chicago mercantile exchanges. ...

Speculative trade in wheat, rice or corn, can occur without the occurrence of real commodity transactions. The institutions speculating in the grain market are not necessarily involved in the actual selling or delivery of grain.

The transactions may use commodity index funds which are bets on the general upward or downward movement of commodity prices. A "put option" is a bet that the price will go down, a "call option" is a bet that the price will go up. Through concerted manipulation, institutional traders and financial institutions make the price go up and then place their bets on an upward movement in the price of a particular commodity.

Speculation generates market volatility. In turn, the resulting instability encourages further speculative activity.

Profits are made when the price goes up. Conversely, if the speculator is short-selling the market, money will be made when the price collapses.

This recent speculative surge in food prices has been conducive to a Worldwide process of famine formation on an unprecedented scale." (Michel Chossudovsky, Global Famine, Global Research, May 2, 2008, http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=8877)

From 2006 to 2008, there was a dramatic surge in the prices of all major food staples including rice, wheat and corn. The price of rice tripled over a five year period, from approximately 600$ a ton in 2003 to more than 1800$ a ton in May 2008.

(Michel Chossudovsky, http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=9191, For further details, see Michel Chossudovsky, Chapter 7 Global Poverty and the Economic Crisis in Michel Chossudovsky and Andrew Gavin Marshall, editors, The Global Economic Crisis, The Great Depression of the XXI Century, Global Research, Montreal 2010, http://globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=20425 )

The recent surge in the price of grain staples is characterized by a 32 percent jump in the FAO's composite food price index recorded in the second half of 2010.

"Soaring prices of sugar, grain and oilseed drove world food prices to a record in December, surpassing the levels of 2008 when the cost of food sparked riots around the World, and prompting warnings of prices being in "danger territory".

An index compiled monthly by the United Nations surpassed its previous monthly high – June 2008 – in December to reach the highest level since records began in 1990. Published by the Rome-based Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO), the index tracks the prices of a basket of cereals, oilseeds, dairy, meat and sugar, and has risen for six consecutive months." (Jill Treanor, World food prices enter 'danger territory' to reach record high, The Guardian, January 5, 2011)

Bitter irony: Against a background of rising food prices, the IMF recommends the removal of the subsidies with a view to reaching the goal of fiscal austerity.

Manipulating the Data on Poverty and Unemployment

An atmosphere of social despair prevails, people's lives are destroyed.

While, the protest movement in Tunisia is visibly the direct result of a process mass impoverishment, the World Bank contends that the levels of poverty have been reduced as a result of the free market reforms adopted by the Ben Ali government.

According to the World Bank's country report, the Tunisian government (with the support of the Bretton Woods institutions) was instrumental in reducing the levels of poverty to 7 percent (substantially lower than that recorded in the US and the EU).

Tunisia has made remarkable progress on equitable growth, fighting poverty and achieving good social indicators. It has sustained an average 5 percent growth rate over the past 20 years with a steady increase in per capita income and a corresponding increase in the welfare of its population that is underscored by a poverty level of 7% that is amongst the lowest in the region.

The steady increase in per capita income has been the main engine for poverty reduction. ... Rural roads have been particularly important in helping the rural poor connect to urban markets and services. Housing programs improved the living conditions of the poor and also freed up income and savings to spend on food and non-food items with resulting positive impacts on poverty alleviation. Food subsidies, which have been targeted to the poor, albeit not optimally, have also helped the urban poor. (World Bank Tunisia - Country Brief)

These poverty figures, not to mention the underlying economic and social "analysis", are outright fabrications. They present the free market as the engine of poverty alleviation. The World Bank's analytical framework is used to justify a process of "economic repression", which has been applied Worldwide in more than 150 developing countries.

With a mere 7 percent of the population living in poverty (as suggested by the World Bank "estimate") and 93 percent of the population meeting basic needs in terms of food, housing, health and education, there would be no social crisis in Tunisia.

The World Bank is actively involved in cooking the data and distorting the social plight of the Tunisian population. The official rate of unemployment is 14 percent, the actual level of unemployment is much higher. Recorded youth unemployment is of the order of 30 percent. Social services, including health and education have collapsed under the brunt of the IMF-World Bank economic austerity measures.

Tunisia and the World

What is happening in Tunisia is part of a global economic process which destroys people's lives through the deliberate manipulation of market forces.

More generally, "the harsh economic and social realities underlying IMF intervention are soaring food prices, local-level famines, massive lay-offs of urban workers and civil servants and the destruction of social programs. Internal purchasing power has collapsed, health clinics and schools have been closed down, hundreds of millions of children have been denied the right to primary education." (Michel Chossudovsky, Global Famine, op cit.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Globalization of Poverty and the New World Order

by Michel Chossudovsky

In this new and expanded edition of Chossudovsky’s international best-seller, the author outlines the contours of a New World Order which feeds on human poverty and the destruction of the environment, generates social apartheid, encourages racism and ethnic strife and undermines the rights of women. The result as his detailed examples from all parts of the world show so convincingly, is a globalization of poverty.

This book is a skilful combination of lucid explanation and cogently argued critique of the fundamental directions in which our world is moving financially and economically.

In this new enlarged edition –which includes ten new chapters and a new introduction-- the author reviews the causes and consequences of famine in Sub-Saharan Africa, the dramatic meltdown of financial markets, the demise of State social programs and the devastation resulting from corporate downsizing and trade liberalisation.

Michel Chossudovsky is Professor of Economics (emeritus) at the University of Ottawa and Director of the Centre for Research on Globalization (CRG), which hosts the critically acclaimed website www.globalresearch.ca . He is a contributor to the Encyclopedia Britannica. His writings have been translated into more than 20 languages.

Like I said you're a loon. You're right I forgot about the "2 Gary Macks" thread, it seems to have been made invisible for obvious reasons. So now 2 wrongs make a right? He has gotten better but Jack was put on moderation a few times for his trollish behavior of which that thread was an example.

As for the Chossudovsky essay, I often disagree with him but this one seems to be fairly reasonable but I don't have the time or inclination to check his facts and figures. The funny thing is you failed to realize it undermines your theory; if Ben Ali was indeed the IMF's poodle why would the the PTB/MIBH want to boot him out of power?! Like I said you're a loon.

Like I said you're a loon. You're right I forgot about the "2 Gary Macks" thread, it seems to have been made invisible for obvious reasons. So now 2 wrongs make a right? He has gotten better but Jack was put on moderation a few times for his trollish behavior of which that thread was an example.

As for the Chossudovsky essay, I often disagree with him but this one seems to be fairly reasonable but I don't have the time or inclination to check his facts and figures. The funny thing is you failed to realize it undermines your theory; if Ben Ali was indeed the IMF's poodle why would the the PTB/MIBH want to boot him out of power?! Like I said you're a loon.

############################################################################################

if Ben Ali was indeed the IMF's poodle why would the the PTB/MIBH want to boot him out of power?! Like I said you're .....END COLBY QUOTE POINT 1) All Kings know there is a differance between being on ones own knees and the obeisance position. 100% obediance may be needed by elites at certain times. The Bankers know that to their power some are standing up straight (Iceland) ,some bowing,some knees, an others face/belly down. Point 2)

We dont know the end game of Tunisia and other places of food riots. Dont judge the first government to come out of the chaos as the final outcome. Happy,joy,people celebration !!!,

jujitsu move,opps, regular people lose......

############################################################## update wikilinks (as you may guess , much of this is to me PSYOPS THEATER, Forbes magazine ,now there is an elite rag !!)

http://www.crikey.com.au/2011/01/25/wikileaks-hackers-and-conspiracy-theories/

Yes, it is “possible” that the ouster of Ben Ali will benefit the banking elites at the expense of the Tunisian people and was engineered by the former. But it’s also “possible” the US will win the next (soccer) World Cup or that the GOP will nominate Ron Reagan/Mary Cheney for national offixe. The fact you can’t even fantasize a scenario in which it would shows how unlikely it is. The point was you are so ‘out of it’ that you unwittingly posted a link to an article that UNDERMINED your theory. Your latest article in no way supports your view either. You refer to the “elite” media as if it were a homogeneous cabal. For the most part the ‘elite media’: NY Times, WaPo, Time, Fox, Wired and Washington Star among others it has been critical of WL. Can you show that Crikey is linked to the banking elites? The latter: Bank of America, Master Card, PayPal etc have been against WL.

START COLBY QUOTE= The point was you are so out of it that you unwittingly posted a link to an article that UNDERMINED your theory. Your latest article in no way supports your view either. You refer to the elite media as if it were a homogeneous cabal. For the most part the elite media: NY Times, WaPo, Time, Fox, Wired and Washington Star among others it has been critical of WL. = END COLBY QUOTE

########################################################################################################################################

PART I , PART I , PART I

I have repeatedly stated Mr.Colby has certain deficiencies : (point one) a poor reader, (point 2) being one who cannot follow a meta argument. Mr. Colby is trying to score/achieve debating points by his 'deficiencies". Note I use the polite term ,deficiencies, and not the crude perjoratives that Mr. Colby gives me,"stupid,moron,mentally lazy,out-of-it,loon,ect,ect..." In the link in question I prefaced it with the phrase," much of this is to me PSYOPS THEATER". The link is a pose, an unreality,artifice/disinformation. Mr. Colby said such link undermined my 'theory',however, it seems he didnt read my preface made in capital letters,"THEATER". This position of mine is consistent with other of my posts in this thread,in that the main stream media is in psy-ops mode in its embrace of Assange. The embrace and the disembrace of Assange will increase/potentiate his message,thus giving food to the left and the right. The whole main stream media (MSM) reaction to wikileaks is THEATER (in capital letters again). Mr. Simkin has numerous threads on MSM disinformation.If one reviews the Watergate section of this forum,one will see an illumination/dissection of a psy-ops conducted by ther MSM. Does Mr. Colby consider Mr. Simkin a loon for thinking the MSM conducts PSY-OPS ??

#######################################################################################################################################

PART II , PART II , PART II

I am going to preface a link. For some the 'preface' is a difficult concept to grasp. Daniel Ellsberg is not what others say he is,"a dangerous left rabble-rouser".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------PREFACE (in capital letters) ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ONE) Sam Cohen (neutron bomb father) was a favorite of radio/TV personality George Putnam. One time on TV I saw together Cohen and Ellsberg. Ellsberg noted,"Im not as liberal as you think,in fact,Im conservative. I didnt provide all the Pentagon Papers I could have." OF NOTE George Putnam was one of rightwing media that smeared RFK coroner Noguchi. (see Steve Gaal bio below)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TWO) Starting in about 1978 Ellsberg led/took antinuclear protesters to the high hot/cold desert area. He usually stayed a few weeks or more but only got two days press at most. The conditions were harsh and one protester died of exposure. The sum of all this was a distraction and diminisment of real antinuclear activity.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THREE) I interacted with Ellsberg (via phone ) in the mid 1970s on a call-in talk radio program. I asked Mr. Ellsberg about oil in Vietnam. Ellsberg insisted zealously again and again that there was no oil in Vietnam. Ellsberg stated that the only important resource was Borax. My Uncle who was a CIA asset (see my William Weston interview in the JFK section) ,told me there was oil in Vietnam. In the 1960s the military gave my Uncle underwater Vietnam mineral samples . Moreover my Uncle told me that a private 1958 study by DeGloyer and MacNaughton talked about Vietnam oil. To repeat ,my Uncle said there was Vietnam oil. Mr. Ellsberg had done background research on Vietnam for the CIA at RAND. Oil and CIA are practically synonymous terms. Ellsberg must have known about the oil. Ellsberg thus would seem to be protecting the CIA and the inhuman greed surrounding the Vietnam fiasco. Oil today is flowing out of Vietnam and will do so decades to come.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FOUR) Ellsberg was a very strong supporter of impeaching G"W"Bush movement. Many honest people got involved with this non-starter. This movement was a distraction from real opposition to "W" policies. Ellsberg also inflamed people with "W" police state rumors.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FIVE) Ellsberg was the 'Assange' of the Pentagon Papers. Said papers painted the CIA in a most favorable light. The Pentagon Papers 'story' has CIA analysis (Ellsberg being an analyst) generally giving correct and timely advice to the DOD and President on Vietnam. The darn POTUS and DOD just didnt follow this sage advice of the CIA. After reading the Pentagon Papers no one could blame the Vietnam failure on the CIA. QUI BONO ? The Pentagon Papers were a supreme MSM event. Ellsberg is a big defender of Assange.QUI BONO ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

************************ END PREFACE ************************************************

Wikileaks Is The Cognitive Infiltration Operation Demanded by Cass Sunstein + LINK for article below

http://theintelhub.com/2011/01/22/wikileaks-is-the-cognitive-infiltration-operation-demanded-by-cass-sunstein/ (to see video)

January 22, 2011 by Alex

Filed under Constitution / Economy, Featured, International news, U.S. News

Webster G. Tarpley

Tarpley.net

Awareness is growing around the world that the Wikileaks-Julian Assange theater of the absurd is radically inauthentic a psyop. Wikileaks and its impaired boss represent a classic form of limited hangout or self-exposure, a kind of lurid striptease in which the front organization releases doctored and pre-selected materials provided by the intelligence agency with the intent of harming, not the CIA, nor the UK, nor the Israelis, but rather such classic CIA enemies list figures as Putin, Berlusconi, Karzai, Qaddafi, Rodriguez de Kirchner, etc.

In Tunisia, derogatory material about ex-President Ben Ali leaked by Wikileaks has already brought a windfall for Langley in the form of the rare ouster of an entrenched Arab government.

Obama White House NSC Russia Director Michael McFaul Deploying IMF Shock Therapist Boris Nemtsov as Wheelhorse of Feeble Stop Putin in 2012″ Bid.

At Foggy Bottom and Langley, a manic fit has been building since the flight of Ben Ali. US imperialist planners now believe they can re-launch their shopworn model of the color revolution, CIA people-power coup, or postmodern putsch against a whole series of countries in the Arab world and far beyond, including Italy. The color revolutions had been looking tarnished lately, as a result of the failure of the Twitter Revolution in Iran back in June 2009. Previously, the Cedars Revolution of 2005 had failed in Lebanon. The Orange Revolution in Ukraine had been rolled back with the ouster of NATO-IMF kleptocrats Yushchenko and Timoshenko. In Georgia, the Roses Revolution was increasingly discredited by the repressive and warmongering regime of fascist madman Saakashvili.

US Seeks to Mobilize a New Generation of Young Nihilists Across the Globe

But now, NSC, State, and CIA believe that the color revolution has a new lease on life, thanks to their estimate that the United States, because of Wikileaks and Assange, has captured the imagination of a new generation of young nihilists across the globe who are described as the post-9/11 generation, estranged from governments and opposition parties, and thus ready to follow Langleys peroxide Pied Piper.

Assange started his intensive deployment phase this year with video of a Class A US war crime in Iraq, which was very graphic but which dealt with an incident which was already widely known. The second document dump focused on Iraq, but now the targeting had shifted to Prime Minister Maliki, and the Iranian asset whom the US by some strange coincidence was trying to oust as leader of Iraq in favor of the US puppet Allawi. With the third document dump, this time involving State Department cables, we found out much derogatory gossip about such classic CIA targets as Russian prime minister Putin, Italian Prime Minister Berlusconi, the Russian-Italian strategic alliance, President Fernandez de Kirchner of Argentina, and President Karzai of Afghanistan, along with jabs at supposed US allies who need to be kept off-balance and dependent, including the Saudi Arabian royal family, French President Sarkozy, and others. Wikileaks thus directs the vast majority of its fire against figures who are part of the CIAs enemies list.

No Equal Time for CIA Covert Operations

Assange also provides a splendid pretext for draconian censorship and limitations on the freedom of the internet. The totalitarian liberal Senator Feinstein wants to bring back Woodrow Wilsons infamous Espionage Act of 1917 in honor of Assange. Assange must be seen not as an activist, not as a journalist, and not as an entertainer, but rather as a spook. John Young of Cryptome, according to some reports, has denounced Wikileaks, to which he formerly belonged, as a CIA front. In a December 29 RT interview, Young described the internet as a very large-scale spying machine.1 The internet is indeed a vast battlefield, where the intelligence agencies of the US-UK, China, Israel, Russia, and many others clash every hour of the day, with commercial spies, hackers, anarchists, cultists, mercenary trolls, and psychotics all getting into the act as well. Intelligence agencies deliberately feed real and doctored material to various websites, sometimes using their own disgruntled employees as cutouts, conduits, and go-betweens. This means among other things that Bradley Manning cannot be taken at face value, although it is also clear that he like anyone else should not be tortured.

Assange is now famous, it might be argued. But the Wall Street controlled media can make anyone famous, from Lady Gaga to Justin Bieber to Snooki, and this is what they have done with Assange. It is wrong to capitulate to the demagogic power of these media by making it appear that there might be some legitimate value to Assange. Up to now, the CIA has been organizing color revolutions using Twitter, Facebook, Youtube, and so forth as vehicles. Now they think they have a cult figure whom they can sell to the youth bulge in the Arab world and other developing countries, where most of the population is under 30. This is an operation which must be exposed.

Most recently, Wikileaks has played a role in the CIAs new Jasmine Revolution in Tunisia by publishing some State Department cables about the sybaritic luxury and lavish lifestyle of the Ben Ali clan, leading to the downfall of that regime. The CIA is now gloating that with the help of Wikileaks it can now topple all the Arab regimes at will, from Mubarak to Qaddafi to Bouteflika, and replace them with new and more pliable puppets eager to clash with Iran, Russia, and China

If Assange ever launches his much-touted doomsday machine against the Bank of America or some other financial institutions, we will be justified in asking that the Securities and Exchange Commission make public the extent of short interest in those stocks by certain hedge funds, especially those controlled by George Soros. And as far as Assanges attacks on the Vatican are concerned, they fit neatly into four centuries of British intelligence warfare against the Holy See, going back to Guy Fawkes and Lord Robert Cecils Gunpowder Plot of 1605 and beyond. Not much new or radical here.

Wikileaks: No Serious Derogatory Information about US, UK, Israel

It is illuminating that none of Assanges document dumps have revealed any notable scandals involving Great Britain or Israel. No US public figures have had to resign because of anything Wikileaks has done. No major ongoing covert operation or highly placed agent of influence has been blown. After all these months, there are still no US indictments against Assange, even though we know that a US grand jury will readily indict a ham sandwich if the US Attorney demands it. If the CIA had wanted to silence Assange, they could have subjected him to the classic kidnapping aka rendition, meaning that he would have been beaten, drugged, and carted off to wake up in a black site prison in Egypt, Poland, or Guantanamo Bay. Otherwise, the CIA could have had recourse to the usual extralegal wetwork. We must also assume that the new US Cybercommand with its vast resources would have little trouble shutting down the Wikileaks mirror sites, no matter how numerous they might be. The same goes for Anonymous and other flanking organizations of Wikileaks. But these considerations are purely fantastic. Assange emerges today as the pampered darling and golden boy of The New York Times, Der Spiegel. The Guardian, El Pais in short, of the entire Anglo-American official media Wurlitzer. He reclines today in baronial splendor in the country house of a well-connected retired British officer who should be quizzed by the media about his ties to British intelligence. The radical-chic world, from Bianca Jagger to Michael Moore, is at Assanges feet.

Cass Sunstein Present at the Creation of Wikileaks

Wikileaks was apparently founded in 2006. Originally, the group was programmed to attack China, and its board was heavily larded with fishy Chinese dissidents and democracy activists from the orbit of the Soros foundations. Interestingly, the first big publicity breakthrough for Wikileaks in the mainstream US media was provided by an infamous totalitarian liberal today ensconced in the Obama White House none other than Cass Sunstein. In Sunsteins op-ed published in the Washington Post of February 24, 2007 under the title Brave new Wikiworld, we read: Wikileaks.org, founded by dissidents in China and other nations, plans to post secret government documents and to protect them from censorship with coded software. How interesting that Sunstein was present at the creation of the new Wikileaks psywar operation!

This is the same Sunstein who today heads Obamas White House Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs. In his January 2008 Harvard Law School Working Paper entitled Conspiracy Theories, Sunstein infamously demanded that the United States government deploy groups of covert operatives and pseudo-independent agents of influence for the cognitively infiltration of extremist groups meaning organizations, activists and Internet websites who espouse beliefs which Sunstein chooses to classify as false conspiracy theories.

Wikileaks = Cass Sunsteins Program for Cognitive Infiltration In Action

It should be clear that Assange and Wikileaks are precisely the practical realization of Sunsteins program for cognitive infiltration shock troops to counteract and overwhelm any real mass understanding of oligarchical domination in the modern world, and any discussion of what kind of economic policies are needed to secure a recovery from the present world depression.

In line with Sunsteins recipe, Assange is a self-declared enemy of 9/11 truth. As Assange told Belfast Telegraph reporter Matthew Bell last July, Im constantly annoyed that people are distracted by false conspiracies such as 9/11, when all around we provide evidence of real conspiracies, for war or mass financial fraud. In other words, Assange argues that the truth about 9/11 truth is not nearly as radical as the various scandals which Wikileaks claims to expose. But the scandals Assange is offering target mostly the adversaries of the CIA.

Assange must also be seen as a deeply troubled individual and a possible psychopath. He has the ravaged emotional complexion that we might expect from an alumnus of one of the many MK-Ultra operations. He reportedly spent several years in the menticidal Anne Hamilton-Byrne cult (also known as The Family and Santiniketan) near Melbourne, Australia. Here little children were separated from their parents and made to ingest LSD, Anatensol, Diazepam, Haloperidol, Largactil, Mogadon, Serepax, Stelazine, Tegretol, Tofranil, and other potent psychopharmaca. Dozens of children were told that Hamilton-Byrne was their real mother, and had their hair dyed blond. Anne Hamilton-Byrne reportedly regarded blond hair as a sign of racial superiority. Careful observers will have noted that Assanges hair is sometimes blond, sometimes more brownish, raising the question of whether his grooming practices are a residue of his time with Hamilton-Byrne, whom he says he does not remember. When other kids were getting cookies and milk, was Assange being lobotomized by LSD and other potent psychopharmaca dished up by Hamilton-Byrne? There is evidence pointing in that direction.

With Assange, we thus have the tragic spectacle of the emotionally mutilated product of a CIA (or MI-6) covert operation of 40 years ago, who has now been given a prominent role in a key counter-insurgency ploy of the present time. Will the youth of the world, already burned by their recent fatuous obsession with Obama, be duped again by such an impaired individual?

The Precedent: Pentagon Papers Whitewashed CIA, Blamed Army, Demonized Kennedy

Assanges revelations mainly involve communications labeled Confidential or Secret, and which in reality would be over-classified if marked Official Use Only. In other words, Assange is in reality a purveyor of low level cable traffic, not of earth-shattering secrets. This reminds us of an earlier CIA limited hangout operation, the one known as the Pentagon Papers. This was a carefully screened selection of historical documents, supplemented by outright forgeries, relating to the Vietnam War and compiled by Morton Halperin and Leslie Gelb, both of whom have gone on to glittering careers in the imperialist foreign policy establishment Gelb became president of the Council on Foreign Relations, while Halperin serves today as chief political officer of the Soros wolfpack of foundations. The papers were leaked by former RAND Corporation official Daniel Ellsberg, who had been a very bellicose hawk in Vietnam before a suspicious Damascus Road conversion to pacifism, and then published in the US establishment press similarly to Assange today. There was nothing in the Pentagon papers which a casual reader of LeMonde or Corriere della Sera did not already know. But, as Mort Sahl later said, left liberals have generally had very few heroes, so they battened on to Ellsberg and lionized him led by Noam Chomsky, Howard Zinn, and some others. (This is a syndrome which we see again today: at the moment when Obamas treacherous sellout on the Bush tax cuts was providing a final disillusionment for many gullible left libs, Assange arrived on the scene as their new Savior. Not by chance, Ellsberg has now designated Assange as his own reincarnation, and thus surely the new Messiah.)

The Pentagon papers had been carefully selected by the CIA itself to cover up CIA war crimes in Vietnam, blaming these on the US Army wherever possible, while also obscuring the CIAs massive program of drug production and narcotics smuggling. The Pentagon Papers systematically hid the salient political fact of the entire Vietnam era, which is that President John F. Kennedy before he was assassinated was preparing to end the de facto US combat role in that country. Instead, Kennedy was systematically demonized and smeared, emerging as the villain of the piece. Needless to say, the Pentagon papers throw no light whatsoever on the CIA role in the Kennedy assassination in the same way that Assanges various document dumps tell us nothing of importance about 9/11, the Rabin assassination, Iran-contra, the 1999 bombing of Serbia, the Kursk incident, the various CIA color revolutions, or many of the other truly big covert operations of the past decades.

The limited hangout is not new; it was described in a secret memorandum by Venetian intelligence chief Paolo Sarpi to the Venetian Senate in 1620 as the art of saying something good about somebody while pretending to be saying something bad. That is the common denominator of the CIAs limited hangout operations from Ellsberg to Philip Agee to Assange, with so many other former CIA operatives turned whistleblowers along the way.

1John Young of Cryptome, Internet a very large-scale spying machine info leaking site co-founder, RT, 29 December, 2010, at http://rt.com/news/cryptome-classified-secret-wikileaks/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by Steven Gaal

Unfortunately I forgot my secret decoder ring in my shorts pocket and it broke when I washed them. Since I don’t have enough Bazooka Joe comics it will be awhile before I get a new one. Thus I’m having difficulty making heads or tails of your posts.

Once again you cite (former?) LaDouche groupie Webster Tarpley who one again fails to document his claims. You of course accept them as “gospel” because they feed your paranoia. Why anybody ever took him seriously is beyond me but even among most CTs he blew his credibility due to his leading role in the Kennebunkport Warning hoax. His claims, such as that the CIA wants Mubarak, are patently absurd.

Funny that no one else seems to remember Ellsberg saying the things you claim he did. Vietnam is really small change regarding petroleum. According to your uncle’s former employer it is only 26th in the world in proven reserves but that is based on an estimate of 4.7 billion barrels and is much higher than the 2.96 billion barrels estimate from 2004 when it was ranked 31st. According to a 1976 University of California journal article it was only discovered August 28, 1974 (8 months before the fall of Saigon). So not only do we not know if your supposed recollection is correct we don’t know if Ellsberg would have known they had any. Nor is there any evidence the US’s involvement had anything to do with that country’s meager offshore reserves. The US started backing the French there in the 40’s and first sent military advisors in the 50’s and then combat troops in the 60’s. Can you point to any evidence the US knew about the petroleum there at the time? (Other than the mythical 1958 report only you seem to have heard about) If that was the motive why did troop levels peak in 1968, six years before oil was officially discovered, and then fall to 24,000 by 1972? Why wasn’t any oil pumped when the US was there?

2010 - https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/2178rank.html

2004 - http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/ene_oil_pro_res_tho_mil_bar-proved-reserves-thousand-million-barrels

1974 - http://www.jstor.org/pss/2643519

Troops - http://www.americanwarlibrary.com/vietnam/vwatl.htm , http://www.heritage.org/research/reports/2006/05/global-us-troop-deployment-1950-2005

I like your McCarthy style attempt at guilt by association "George Putnam...smeared...Noguchi", "Sam Cohen...was a favorite of...George Putnam", "One time on TV I saw together Cohen and Ellsberg". Therefore of course Ellsberg is evil!

But even IF all of what you say about Ellsberg is true it doesn't add to your case WL is part of some CIA op. If I were a paranoid CT I'd suspect YOU, like your uncle, were a CIA asset tasked with a) discrediting WL and B) making CTs look crazy. But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you sincere, albeit out of your mind.

Edited by Len Colby

#################################### part Ia) #########################

START COLBY QUOTE+ Nor is there any evidence the US’s involvement had anything to do with that country’s meager offshore reserves.+END COLBY QUOTE

Well ...............

In the 1950's a method of undersea oil exploration was perfected which used small explosions deep in the water and then recorded the sound echos bouncing off the various layers of rock below. The surveyor could then determine the exact location of the arched salt domes which hold the accumulated oil beneath them. But if this method were used off the Viet Nam coast on property Standard didn't own or have the rights to, the Vietnamese, the Chinese, the Japanese and probably even the French would quickly run to the United Nations and complain that America was stealing the oil, and that would shut down the operation.

In 1964, after Viet Nam was divided into North and South, and the contrived Gulf of Tonkin incident, several US aircraft carriers were stationed offshore of Viet Nam and the "war" was started. Every day jet planes would take off from the carriers, bomb locations in North and South Vietnam, and then using normal military procedure when returning would dump their unsafe or unused bombs in the ocean before landing back on the carriers. Safe ordnance drop zones were designated for this purpose away from the carriers.

Even close-up observers would only notice many small explosions occurring daily in the waters of the South China Sea and thought it was only part of the "war." The US Navy carriers had begun Operation Linebacker One, and Standard Oil had begun its ten year oil survey of the seabed off of Viet Nam. And the Vietnamese, Chinese and everybody else around, including the Americans, were none the wiser. The oil survey hardly cost Standard Oil a nickel, the US taxpayers paid for it.

In 1995, in a multi-hour BBC TV documentary broadcast about the oil industry, the president of one of the oil companies, a spin-off of Standard, stated, ".. It was quite a coincidence, that we finished our offshore oil survey on the very last day of the war, just as the last helicopter was leaving the roof of the embassy in Saigon." A coincidence?

Fifteen years later, after North and South Viet Nam were unified and all the dust settled and most people had forgotten about the "war," the Vietnamese decided they needed some cash and would allow offshore oil exploration. They divided up their coastal area into many oil lots and let foreign companies bid on the lots, with the proviso that Viet Nam got a cut of the action.

Oil companies from 12 countries put in bids. Norway's Statoil, British Petroleum, Royal Dutch Shell, even Russia, Germany and Australia all put in bids. But when those countries drilled in their oil lots they all came up with dry holes. Only the "American" company had gushers and since 1990 has pulled billions of dollars out of their Golden Dragon, Blue Lotus, and White Tiger oil fields in the South China Sea off Viet Nam. Coincidence? Were they just lucky? Or did they know something those other oil companies didn’t?

###### *** I submit that USA companies had information gathered from undersea samples (my Uncle analyzed) and the above mentioned explosion datum. *** ###########

############################################## part Ib) #############################################################

START COLBY QUOTE +Why wasn’t any oil pumped when the US was there? + END COLBY QUOTE

Mr. Colby has asked why Vietnam oil wasnt pumped out during the war. Golly, one could not think of an action that would have inlamed more the anti-Vietnam war movement. Ironic that Colby thinks I am the one who is is ,"out of it".

################################################# part II ################################################################################

Colby expounds on Colby's own defined undersized Vietnam oil production.

Two reasons that Vietnam oil production is not maximized: one) The China problem,a political problem. see http://www.stimson.org/spotlight/china-vietnam-and-the-rich-resources-of-the-gulf-of-tonkin/

two) Major oil companies can hide the full oil reserves of a country from a countries own government, especially one not technology advanced. Small 2nd/3rd world countries are really at the mercy of major oil. If one has follows the Peak Oil debate ,one would know there is great fluctuation of oil reserve numbers and such fluctuation is connected to proprietary oil company secrecy. See below from an investment magazine.

An oil company's reserve replacement ratio is the amount added to its reserves divided by the amount extracted. A ratio of 100% means current production is sustainable, above 100% means it can grow, and below 100% means it is likely to decline.

As the amount of discoveries and changes in estimates fluctuates from year to year, it is common practice to calculate the reserve replacement ratio over several years.

The use of the proven oil reserves is common, but a case can be made for including probable reserves as well. Either way, these numbers are very susceptible to manipulation by the companies, and care needs to be taken, particularly with inter-company comparisons.

The reserve replacement ratio is also sometimes calculated at a global or national basis, usually in the context of long term industry and economic forecasting. As national numbers for reserves are even more likely to be manipulated, these numbers need to be treated with some caution.

see also

http://green.autoblog.com/2009/11/11/report-iae-hiding-truth-about-dwindling-oil-reserves/ ( I am curious about who has deep knowledge about Haiti oil ??

http://current.com/groups/haiti-earthquake/92043482_haiti-could-have-larger-oil-reserves-than-venezuela.htm)

############################################# part III ###########################################################################

START COLBY QUOTE+ Funny that no one else seems to remember Ellsberg saying the things you claim he did.+END COLBY QUOTE.

Does this mean you have contacted Ellsberg or have contacted people close to Ellsberg ????

################## part IV ####################

http://dont-tread-on.me/wikileaks-cointelpro-psyop ;) propawhat ?? :lol:

and now for the final word triki (oops) Wikileaks confirmed as GOV-PSY-OPS :news:news:news

http://nwoandsecretsocieties.wordpress.com/2011/02/03/confirmed-wikileaks-is-government-disinfo-operation/

THANKS Steve Gaal

Edited by Steven Gaal

I asked you for evidence not unbridled speculation but I’ll humor you

#################################### part Ia) #########################

START COLBY QUOTE+ Nor is there any evidence the US’s involvement had anything to do with that country’s meager offshore reserves.+END COLBY QUOTE

Well ...............

In the 1950's a method of undersea oil exploration was perfected which used small explosions deep in the water and then recorded the sound echos bouncing off the various layers of rock below. The surveyor could then determine the exact location of the arched salt domes which hold the accumulated oil beneath them. But if this method were used off the Viet Nam coast on property Standard didn't own or have the rights to, the Vietnamese, the Chinese, the Japanese and probably even the French would quickly run to the United Nations and complain that America was stealing the oil, and that would shut down the operation.

Oil companies regularly work outside their home countries on property they don’t own and sea beds are never private property so they would be paying a royalty no matter who was in charge. You really need to check a map if you think Japan had territorial claims to the oil fields, France abandoned Indochina in 1954. Only parts of the fields are in the area actively claimed by China. If fear of China was an issue US companies would have been unlikely to have taken an interest in Vietnam’s meager reserves. Vietnam has been pumping for oil for nearly 25 years and exploring for it for 30 without interference from China. And even before that US companies were openly exploring for oil without protest from China (except for the Spratly Islands).

In 1964, after Viet Nam was divided into North and South, and the contrived Gulf of Tonkin incident, several US aircraft carriers were stationed offshore of Viet Nam and the "war" was started. Every day jet planes would take off from the carriers, bomb locations in North and South Vietnam, and then using normal military procedure when returning would dump their unsafe or unused bombs in the ocean before landing back on the carriers. Safe ordnance drop zones were designated for this purpose away from the carriers.

Even close-up observers would only notice many small explosions occurring daily in the waters of the South China Sea and thought it was only part of the "war." The US Navy carriers had begun Operation Linebacker One, and Standard Oil had begun its ten year oil survey of the seabed off of Viet Nam. And the Vietnamese, Chinese and everybody else around, including the Americans, were none the wiser. The oil survey hardly cost Standard Oil a nickel, the US taxpayers paid for it.

You really need to brush up on your history. Vietnam was divided in 1945 (formally in 1954) and the war began in 1954, that was a continuation of a war begun in 1945. Standard Oil was broken up in 1911 into 34 companies, 11 of which continued as Standard Oil of [state name]. Only 3 of them were important Indiana (Amoco), New Jersey (Exxon) and California (Chevron). And as noted above US companies were openly exploring for oil from at least 1972.

Can you provide any evidence that…

…underwater petroleum exploration was done in the way you described?

…carrier based bombers regularly dumped “their unsafe or unused bombs in the ocean”?

…any of the drop zones were in areas were petroleum was discovered or at least explored for? I seriously doubt this, Operation Linebacker’s targets were in the North and the petroleum fields are off the SE coast.

…the bombs which were designed to destroy or damage land based targets would not detonate when they hit the surface of the ocean (or on the way down) but rather on the seabed?

…IF the bombs would explode on the seabed the resultant explosion would yield useful data?

…the scenario you spelled out took place?

… any of the “Baby Standards” were the beneficiaries of this scheme?

In 1995, in a multi-hour BBC TV documentary broadcast about the oil industry, the president of one of the oil companies, a spin-off of Standard, stated, ".. It was quite a coincidence, that we finished our offshore oil survey on the very last day of the war, just as the last helicopter was leaving the roof of the embassy in Saigon." A coincidence?

I see that you plagiarized all of the above and part of the text below*. Can you find anyone else besides the author of the page who remembers the supposed quote? Even if true it proves nothing, by March-April 1975 anyone paying minimal attention to the evening news let alone execs at companies doing business in South Vietnam knew the end was near.

* http://www.theforbiddenknowledge.com/hardtruth/black_gold_3.htm

Fifteen years later, after North and South Viet Nam were unified and all the dust settled and most people had forgotten about the "war," the Vietnamese decided they needed some cash and would allow offshore oil exploration. They divided up their coastal area into many oil lots and let foreign companies bid on the lots, with the proviso that Viet Nam got a cut of the action.

BS!!!

“The oil company Vietsovpetro started working in offshore South Vietnam in 1981 and started to produce oil in 1986. By the end of 1991, about 100 wells had been drilled (85% of them by Vietsovpetro).”

http://web.archive.org/web/20010505160748/http://www.geoscience.co.uk/geofrc/geobaseasia.html

“Vietsovpetro has become main force of Vietnam’s petroleum industry and economy. Three oilfields with commercial oil - White Tiger, Dragon and Big Bear - were discovered and brought into production with low exploration costs, besides 4 adjacent structures with hydrocarbon indication.”

http://www.vietsov.com.vn/Pages/introduction_en.aspx

“The joint venture starts operating in November 1981 in compliance with the intergovernmental agreement between Vietnam and the USSR. The first industrial oil was produced in 1986.”

http://english.pravda.ru/news/russia/economics/27-11-2001/27291-0/

Confirms the company was found in (or before) 1981

http://www.vietsov.com.vn/SEP/Pages/OurHumanResource_en.aspx

Oil companies from 12 countries put in bids. Norway's Statoil, British Petroleum, Royal Dutch Shell, even Russia, Germany and Australia all put in bids. But when those countries drilled in their oil lots they all came up with dry holes. Only the "American" company had gushers and since 1990 has pulled billions of dollars out of their Golden Dragon, Blue Lotus, and White Tiger oil fields in the South China Sea off Viet Nam. Coincidence? Were they just lucky? Or did they know something those other oil companies didn’t?

###### *** I submit that USA companies had information gathered from undersea samples (my Uncle analyzed) and the above mentioned explosion datum. *** ###########

BS !!!!

“BP has completed an agreement to buy a 13.33 per cent stake held by Norway's state oil company Statoil in Vietnam's $1.5 billion Nam Con Son gas tapping project, a BP official said yesterday.”

Reuters - December 20, 2001

Obviously a dry oilfield is not worth over $11 billion

http://gulfnews.com/business/oil-gas/bp-buys-statoil-stake-in-vietnam-gas-deal-1.432899

Also see above, note also that “oil” was discovered in Aug. 1974 (company not mentioned) and Feb. 1975 by Mobil (not Standard Oil of Indiana, California or NJ)

http://www.jstor.org/pss/2643519

http://www.newsweek.com/blogs/the-gaggle/2010/06/14/can-buried-treasure-save-afghanistan.html#

############################################## part Ib) #############################################################

START COLBY QUOTE +Why wasn’t any oil pumped when the US was there? + END COLBY QUOTE

Mr. Colby has asked why Vietnam oil wasnt pumped out during the war. Golly, one could not think of an action that would have inlamed more the anti-Vietnam war movement. Ironic that Colby thinks I am the one who is is ,"out of it".

• What an incoherent theory ‘The US fought the Vietnam War so American companies could take the county’s oil but the oil was not pumped because it would harm the war effort!’
  • The US’s lack of a real strategic interest in Vietnam was a major reason people opposed the war.
  • The “anti-Vietnam war movement” did not become a major problem till 1967-8 but you claim the US had an idea where the “oil” was since the late 50s. How do you explain 10 years of inaction?
  • If the US was in the war for the ‘oil’ why did Nixon stop dropping troop levels soon after becoming President? Why was there an inverse relationship between American troop levels and prospecting by US companies?

################################################# part II ################################################################################

Colby expounds on Colby's own defined undersized Vietnam oil production.

Two reasons that Vietnam oil production is not maximized: one) The China problem,a political problem. see http://www.stimson.o...gulf-of-tonkin/

As noted above only a small part (if any) of Vietnam’s oil is in disputed territory. The major oil fields are NOT in the Spratly Islands. I only skimmed your link but saw nothing indicating Vietnam and/or the companies extracting petroleum there were restricting production or intentionally under estimating the size of the country’s reserves because of China.

two) Major oil companies can hide the full oil reserves of a country from a countries own government, especially one not technology advanced. Small 2nd/3rd world countries are really at the mercy of major oil. If one has follows the Peak Oil debate ,one would know there is great fluctuation of oil reserve numbers and such fluctuation is connected to proprietary oil company secrecy. See below from an investment magazine.

An oil company's reserve replacement ratio is the amount added to its reserves divided by the amount extracted. A ratio of 100% means current production is sustainable, above 100% means it can grow, and below 100% means it is likely to decline.

As the amount of discoveries and changes in estimates fluctuates from year to year, it is common practice to calculate the reserve replacement ratio over several years.

The use of the proven oil reserves is common, but a case can be made for including probable reserves as well. Either way, these numbers are very susceptible to manipulation by the companies, and care needs to be taken, particularly with inter-company comparisons.

The reserve replacement ratio is also sometimes calculated at a global or national basis, usually in the context of long term industry and economic forecasting. As national numbers for reserves are even more likely to be manipulated, these numbers need to be treated with some caution.

see also

http://green.autoblog.com/2009/11/11/report-iae-hiding-truth-about-dwindling-oil-reserves ( I am curious about who has deep knowledge about Haiti oil ??

http://current.com/g...-venezuela.htm)

Your links don’t support your claims; the closest you get is a blog entry which sites a Guardian article which cites some experts, two of whom are anonymous, claiming estimates of future petroleum production are artificially INFLATED due to pressure from the US. There was no indication producer nations were being misled about the size of their reserves, to the contrary one of the experts indicated Saudi Arabia was providing overly optimistic “decline rates and oil statistics.”

############################################# part III ###########################################################################

START COLBY QUOTE+ Funny that no one else seems to remember Ellsberg saying the things you claim he did.+END COLBY QUOTE.

Does this mean you have contacted Ellsberg or have contacted people close to Ellsberg ????

No it means I Googled various permutations of the supposed quote and came up blank. If he really said that he held some documents back someone besides you would remember it.

I’m done the petroleum in Vietnam issue until you can produce evidence Ellsberg said there was none there and that he should have known the contrary.

################## part IV ####################

http://dont-tread-on...ointelpro-psyop propawhat ??

and now for the final word triki (oops) Wikileaks confirmed as GOV-PSY-OPS

http://nwoandsecrets...info-operation/

Congratulations you found two other kooks who agree you and are unable to produce any evidence in support of their beliefs other than they object to the content of some the leaked documents.