The Education Forum

Lee and Me

This thread has been hijacked by trivial postings.

Jack

You have argued in the past when I have complained about you hijacking my threads to shill for Armstrong, that no one has proprietry ownership of threads. Hypocrite.

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=11909&st=15

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=9297&st=30

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jack

You have argued in the past when I have complained about you hijacking my threads to shill for Armstrong, that no one has proprietry ownership of threads. Hypocrite.

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=11909&st=15

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=9297&st=30

This is not your thread, so according to you, you are not qualified to complain.

Moderators: I consider being called a "Hypocrite" a PERSONAL ATTACK. Do you?

Jack

Jack

http://educationforu...pic=11909&st=15

http://educationforu...opic=9297&st=30

This is not your thread, so according to you, you are not qualified to complain.

Moderators: I consider being called a "Hypocrite" a PERSONAL ATTACK. Do you?

Jack

i'm not complaining. You are, Jack.

Michael, please note: He's whining to the mods again. Hypocrite.

One of god knows how many examples of your ever popular "Provocatuer" refrain.

"...read all postings of interesting, but do not read nor pursue the follies of

the BULLY BOY provocateurs, who are here for personal attacks, not research.

I have better ways to spend time than bother with such maggots." JW Nov 19, 2006

"The problem is that that idiot Todd whathisname allegedly fiddled with all the frames" JW Oct 7, 2006

in addition, there are numerous examples of where you have been chastised for calling other members "liars". I assume the actual quotes have been removed from the forum. Hypocrite

Edited by Greg Parker

Happy Holiday, all. I have rec'd a complaint concerning the latest postings in this thread, off topic.

Kathy

So someone is disgruntled by the Pogues & Kirsty McColl. Maybe some of the lyrics "You're a bum......." struck too close to home?

Happy Holiday, all. I have rec'd a complaint concerning the latest postings in this thread, off topic.

Can you good folk please create another thread for anything that is not "Lee and Me" related?

Kathy

Hi Kathy,

this was an exchange between you and me on Jan 1, 2008 on this very subject:

Greg: btw, what's your position on posters who continually try and change the subject of threads toward their own agenda - despite being asked on numerous occasions to desist? Didn't another poster recently get put on moderation for just this very thing?

Kathy: No. that was not the case. Hijacking threads occurs in abundance in this forum.

I'm glad to see that things have changed and it will no longer be tolerated.

Actually, the complaint was placed on the 23rd--by one of the folk actively researching and posting.

I have not been on because of the holiday, so I posted when I found it. Regardless, please stop the off topic talk.

Thanks!

Kathy

Kathy,

I joined this thread the day after that complaint (not knowing of course, that it had been made) to lend support to Lee Farley who was being given an unduly hard time by Lifton and Carroll.

Some time after that, in post # 242, Lee posted the following:

Don't want to derail this thread so was going to start a new one, similar to Martin Hay's concerning the Tippit murder consensus, to discuss some of the "myths" that are currently part of conventional wisdom.

I replied indicating an interest in such a thread.

Your description of the complainant btw, doesn't fit too many participants in this thread.

I joined this thread to lend support to Lee Farley who was being given an unduly hard time by Lifton and Carroll.

Mr. Farley got off very lightly. He had NO CLUE what he was talking about

Let me be clearer. Lee was not in need of any support regarding the evidence. You guys had nothing to counter it. Nor did he need any support regarding the personal attacks. He handles it with aplomb.

Nevertheless, there are times when you cannot simply remain a silent observer.

Merry Christmas, guys!

My,my. Quite the spit and sputter going on. And here in New Orleans where Haslam and Judyth are the topic, no less. A few days (and several pages now) ago, I thought about making just a little query and asking if you guys realized that you had driven McWatter's bus right off course ... and all the way to New Orleans. I thought maybe you'd gasp a collective, "oh my, let's get this rig back to Dallas, sorry for the unintended interruption" and head on back to a different or new thread to wrestle about the bus, Oswald, Tippit, et al .... but, instead, it just turned into more of a flag football game, chasing each other round and round.

I asked a moderator, Kathy, if y'all could have your own new thread to carry on whatever discussion this is, because I know that, in the past, I have seen people eager to continue their discussion, but realizing they had interrupted an already ongoing discussion, working with, and actually thanking, a moderator who has been able to move their posts and keep everybody, on both threads, happy.

It being Christmas, I haven't see much here in the last 24 or more hours .... now I see it's grown a couple more pages with spit and fur and what seem to be less than good natured pulling of hair .... largely because a moderator ....Kathy ... did pop in and just ask if y'all could take your discussion to another thread. It seemed polite and simple enough, dontcha think?

That makes me the "whiner" .... and whatever it is someone posted that they think must have been getting too close to something for someone, I have no clue what they are talking about. Just hoping for a simple courtesy, it can't really escape you cheery fellas that the title of the thread is "Lee & Me" ... and is an ongoing discussion about Judyth, Oswald and Haslam in New Orleans ... so, how about it guys?

Those of us participating in this thread will appreciate it, and it will save the moderator, just trying to do her job, bah humbug-ness for Christmas. Thanks guys .... but not even Judyth or Haslam ever claimed to be on a bus in Dallas. :-)))

Hope you've all had a merry holiday, whatever you celebrate. And I thank you. :-)

Barb :-)

Merry Christmas, guys!

Those of us participating in this thread will appreciate it, and it will save the moderator, just trying to do her job, bah humbug-ness for Christmas. Thanks guys .... but not even Judyth or Haslam ever claimed to be on a bus in Dallas. :-)))

Hope you've all had a merry holiday, whatever you celebrate. And I thank you. :-)

Merry Christmas to you Barbs & Hope all is well with you.

I guess some of the guys here just thought that the Judith story is all played out, and in your deepest heart I bet you agree!

Merry Christmas, guys!

My,my. Quite the spit and sputter going on. And here in New Orleans where Haslam and Judyth are the topic, no less. A few days (and several pages now) ago, I thought about making just a little query and asking if you guys realized that you had driven McWatter's bus right off course ... and all the way to New Orleans. I thought maybe you'd gasp a collective, "oh my, let's get this rig back to Dallas, sorry for the unintended interruption" and head on back to a different or new thread to wrestle about the bus, Oswald, Tippit, et al .... but, instead, it just turned into more of a flag football game, chasing each other round and round.

I asked a moderator, Kathy, if y'all could have your own new thread to carry on whatever discussion this is, because I know that, in the past, I have seen people eager to continue their discussion, but realizing they had interrupted an already ongoing discussion, working with, and actually thanking, a moderator who has been able to move their posts and keep everybody, on both threads, happy.

It being Christmas, I haven't see much here in the last 24 or more hours .... now I see it's grown a couple more pages with spit and fur and what seem to be less than good natured pulling of hair .... largely because a moderator ....Kathy ... did pop in and just ask if y'all could take your discussion to another thread. It seemed polite and simple enough, dontcha think?

That makes me the "whiner" .... and whatever it is someone posted that they think must have been getting too close to something for someone, I have no clue what they are talking about. Just hoping for a simple courtesy, it can't really escape you cheery fellas that the title of the thread is "Lee & Me" ... and is an ongoing discussion about Judyth, Oswald and Haslam in New Orleans ... so, how about it guys?

Hi Barb,

I sympathise with the general sentiments. However: -

When I have asked others in the past to keep on topic, I have quickly been informed that "no one has proprietary ownership" of threads. In light of being told that multiple times, I asked Kathy what her position was in regard to it. She simply replied that "Hijacking threads occurs in abundance in this forum." I also asked if someone had been put on moderation for repeated hijacking and she denied this was the case. If it is going to be enforced here, that's great. But I have to point that there is either rules applied to some and not others, or this rule has been instituted sometime after the start of '08. Looking at the rules as they stand, it could only come under the heading of "disruptive behavior" which is wide open to the interpretation of the mods.

One thing that does not seem to be part of the rules, but is something that has been asked for a number of times by the board admins is that posters refrain from starting new threads on topics already existing. Anything to be added should be added to the original thread. This is at least the 4th thread started on JVB.

There are habitual complainants who do whine at the drop of a hat. I don't for a minute place you in that category, Barb. You were entitled to make the inquiry you made.

Just as I am entitled to point out the differences in opinion and action by one mod in 2008 to what has been applied here.

Anyhow, I'm out of here.

Best to you, Barb.

The moderators here are a joke! Ad hominem intended. Refusing to delete all the frivolous postings which have derailed

the thread proved that they are a joke. Some may want to have a serious discussion, but certainly are repelled by such

juvenile hacking. These people are indeed juvenile jerks. Ad hominem intended.

Jak

Some may want to have a serious discussion, but certainly are repelled by such

juvenile hacking.

Jak

Not to worry, Jack ... we will get back on track soon. I do hope the moderators can make the last

few pages of totally off topic stuff invisible, or move it elsewhere.

Hope you had a very Merry Christmas, Jack!