The Education Forum

What a family!

Martin Blank

Marina once said she had two husbands. ("I had two husbands: Lee, the father of my children, an affectionate and kind man; and Harvey Oswald, the assassin of President Kennedy") Did she get them mixed up innocently? Or was it purposeful. Who was the other in addition to Harvey? Was she with both Harvey and Lee?[/indent]

This quote was supposedly made to a French journalist. A quick google tells me the only people who mention this alleged quote are pushing the two Oswald theory. Two alarm bells right there. The jourmalist is unnamed and no one but Armstrong and his supporters use the "quote".

Greg, can you tell me where Armstrong used that quote?

Michael:

In fairness, Armstrong did use this quote, p.946. Marina apparently made this quote to Nerin Gunn, the author of "Red Roses From Texas." She did this four months after Oswald's autopsy and has never explained her statement.

My best,

Doug Weldon

My remembrance was that I first saw this quote in an article in Ladies' Home Journal, purportedly an interview of Marina.

I could be mistaken. It was about 20 years ago, I think.

Jack

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Martin Blank:

Marina once said she had two husbands. ("I had two husbands: Lee, the father of my children, an affectionate and kind man; and Harvey Oswald, the assassin of President Kennedy") Did she get them mixed up innocently? Or was it purposeful. Who was the other in addition to Harvey? Was she with both Harvey and Lee?

This quote was supposedly made to a French journalist. A quick google tells me the only people who mention this alleged quote are pushing the two Oswald theory. Two alarm bells right there. The jourmalist is unnamed and no one but Armstrong and his supporters use the "quote".
Michael:

In fairness, Armstrong did use this quote, p.946. Marina apparently made this quote to Nerin Gunn, the author of "Red Roses From Texas." She did this four months after Oswald's autopsy and has never explained her statement.

My best,

Doug Weldon

Thank you, Doug. It is always good to be reminded that one must flag when one is being fair to the undeserving. I have just done a search of "Red Roses From Texas" in google books and cannot find the quote. Nor is Gunn French as claimed by some who use the quote.

My remembrance was that I first saw this quote in an article in Ladies' Home Journal, purportedly an interview of Marina.

I could be mistaken. It was about 20 years ago, I think.

Jack

Thank you, Jack. Was Gunn a journalist with that publication?

Unfortunately, I cannot find the quote in question being associated with the Journal article - despite the Journal article being quoted in a number of other articles and books.

Martin Blank:

Marina once said she had two husbands. ("I had two husbands: Lee, the father of my children, an affectionate and kind man; and Harvey Oswald, the assassin of President Kennedy") Did she get them mixed up innocently? Or was it purposeful. Who was the other in addition to Harvey? Was she with both Harvey and Lee?

Michael:

My best,

Doug Weldon

Thank you, Doug. It is always good to be reminded that one must flag when one is being fair to the undeserving. I have just done a search of "Red Roses From Texas" in google books and cannot find the quote. Nor is Gunn French as claimed by some who use the quote.

Greg:

Are you certain about Gunn? "Red Roses From Texas" was written in French and was then translated to English. I had the English version for several years before selling it but still see the French version pop up on e-bay occassionaly.

Doug

Greg:

You are correct. The book was written in French before being translated.

Nerin E. Gun, a free-lance journalist and writer, was born in Rome of Turkish and Italian parents. Educated in France and Germany, he entered the newspaper field in Berlin when WW II started, As a neutral, be became a correspondent for Swiss newspapers and the Turkish press service. For his reports to the world about the Warsaw ghetto and predictions of the defeat of the German armies in Russia, he was arrested by the Nazis and sent to eleven prisons and three concentrations camps, ending at Dachau. He was one of two foreign correspondents accredited to Berlin to have been arrested and put into a concentration camp solely because of journalistic activities.

Mr. Gun shown above during a recent visit to Dachau, is now an American citizen who lives in New York with his American wife and child. He makes frequent trips throughout the world as a foreign correspondent for American and European magazines.

No American publisher would touch his book Red Roses from Texas, so the book was published in London. A used copy, if you can find it, will cost you $750.00. It was the FIRST book on the assassination of President Kennedy.

Best:

Doug Weldon

Edited by Doug Weldon

Michael has remained silent in this thread since writing this on Nov 23:

"Finally, your [Greg] claim that most people reading the blogger's quote of Marina would make the same assumption that you did, that

it came from Armstrong, is specious. Anyone familiar with Armstrong's work would recognize that he would never claim that

Marina Oswald said those exact words. There were other authors cited by the blogger; what made you think that it was something

Armstrong claimed? I'll give you a one word answer - vendetta."

Obviously no apology necessary for wrongly accusing me of making up something to further an imaginary vendetta.

But with the highlighted words, you,Michael have erased any credibility you may have had in discussing Armstrong's work.

Edited by Greg Parker

Martin - Besides Kathy C., Jack and you I don't think many people take the 2 Oswalds theory seriously.

Your talk of John Pic seems to have gotten Greg all excited though because he's been convinced for years the man was an itel op.

"Yes. Pic's notation on mileage for the "get-together" indicates it was official business."

:rolleyes::D:P

Wrong again. Anyone who has read Armstrong takes it very seriously. I thought Martin's questions were great.

It is not LHO bashing to ask these questions. Interesting if Marnia did say that then she did mix them up purposely, imho. Or was lead to.

Dawn

John is not comfortable with public speaking.

Doug Weldon

John is not comfortable with EVIDENCE, which is a BIG PROBLEM for him.

There were SIX OSWALDS!

Have you bothered to read the book Ray? It certainly does not sound like it. There is a ton of EVIDENCE in the book.

Jim D has laid out some here. Doug I saw John last Nov at COPA and he did not appear to have a problem with speaking in public, but he is mostly retired from this case. His work speaks for him.

Dawn

Dawn is right about this.

John has essentially stepped down from doing anything active on this case. He lets the book speak for itself.

I asked him to. go to COPA last year and he did. I helped him put together is talk which was essentially a review of three or four of the highlights of his book.

John has returned to "civilian life" after taking 12 years "off" to write H&L. He builds custom houses and manages his investments.

His main interest in the JFK case was to understand Oswald. He found out everything he could and quit. He has donated copies

of all his research to the Penn Jones Collection at Baylor.

Jack

John has essentially stepped down from doing anything active on this case. He lets the book speak for itself.

I asked him to. go to COPA last year and he did. I helped him put together is talk which was essentially a review of three or four of the highlights of his book.

John has returned to "civilian life" after taking 12 years "off" to write H&L. He builds custom houses and manages his investments.

His main interest in the JFK case was to understand Oswald. He found out everything he could and quit. He has donated copies

Jack

First paragraph of article on page 24 of Dec.1964 Pageant Magazine authored by Nerin Gunn:"I feel ."said Marina Prusakova Oswald, "as if I had had two husbands- one was the affectionate father of my children, the other was Lee Harvey Oswald, the assassin. For the man who was my husband, I have pity. For the assassin, nothing. The assassin was insane." The title of this 6-page article was "Mrs. Oswald's Plea- We are not guilty:Give my children a chance to live."Neil

Jack

First paragraph of article on page 24 of Dec.1964 Pageant Magazine authored by Nerin Gunn:"I feel ."said Marina Prusakova Oswald, "as if I had had two husbands- one was the affectionate father of my children, the other was Lee Harvey Oswald, the assassin. For the man who was my husband, I have pity. For the assassin, nothing. The assassin was insane." The title of this 6-page article was "Mrs. Oswald's Plea- We are not guilty:Give my children a chance to live."Neil

Thanks for finding the reference to PAGEANT MAGAZINE. I had wrongly remembered Ladies Home Journal.

Jack

Jack

Thanks, Neil.

Do you take it literally?

"Anyone familiar with Armstrong's work would recognize that he would never claim that Marina Oswald said those exact words." Michael Hogan, Nov 23, 2010

Michael has remained silent in this thread since writing this on Nov 23:

"Finally, your [Greg] claim that most people reading the blogger's quote of Marina would make the same assumption that you did, that

it came from Armstrong, is specious. Anyone familiar with Armstrong's work would recognize that he would never claim that

Marina Oswald said those exact words. There were other authors cited by the blogger; what made you think that it was something

Armstrong claimed? I'll give you a one word answer - vendetta."

Obviously no apology necessary for wrongly accusing me of making up something to further an imaginary vendetta.

But with the highlighted words, you,Michael have erased any credibility you may have had in discussing Armstrong's work.

bump