The Education Forum

November 22nd

Guest Tom Scully

In the incredibly faux clueless, insensitive, and chutzpah category:

It wouldn't feel like the 47th anniversary without Larry King and his CNN handlers decision to air for the first time, tonight, an irrelevant brand spankin' new, canned interview with poppy and barb!

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/theoval/post/2010/11/barbara-bush-hopes-sarah-palin-stays-in-alaska/1?csp=hf

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2010/11/19/barbara-bush-gives-her-opinion-of-sarah-palin/

The audacity of our oppressors truly has no limits, the timing of the cablecast of this interview's debut is an affront to our sensibilities. All of the Kennedys are gone, now, so they offer us the "opportunity" to spend the evening of the anniversary of such a sad day in our history with THE bUSHES!

To the victors, continue to go the spoils.

Edited by Tom Scully

Not to make light, but I remembered today that I was deprived of that quintessential assassination trauma - being let out of school. I was in kindergarten, but had been kept home that Friday with a November sore throat. I saw the afternoon broadcasting (including the Cronkite death announcement) in my pajamas.

It wouldn't feel like the 47th anniversary without Larry King and his CNN handlers decision to air for the first time, tonight, an irrelevant brand spankin' new, canned interview with poppy and barb!

Hm, think King will ask Poppy Bush some probing questions about his actions in November '63?

Need I even wonder?

Not to make light, but I remembered today that I was deprived of that quintessential assassination trauma - being let out of school. I was in kindergarten, but had been kept home that Friday with a November sore throat. I saw the afternoon broadcasting (including the Cronkite death announcement) in my pajamas.

You must be a year younger than me, because my school (a public school in St. Louis) sent us home early.

I was in first grade.

I remember watching the LHO assassination a couple of days later on my great grandparents black and white television.

It was all quite surreal.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/theoval/post/2010/11/barbara-bush-hopes-sarah-palin-stays-in-alaska/1?csp=hf

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2010/11/19/barbara-bush-gives-her-opinion-of-sarah-palin/

The audacity of our oppressors truly has no limits, the timing of the cablecast of this interview's debut is an affront to our sensibilities. All of the Kennedys are gone, now, so they offer us the "opportunity" to spend the evening of the anniversary of such a sad day in our history with THE bUSHES!

I couldn't agree more. Up north I used to listen to Larry King when he had a radio interview show. Every Nov.22 his entire show would be about the Kennedy Assassination. He really was interested in it. Why the Bushes are going to be on I don't know. Maybe Larry King has no choice -- maybe CNN booked them. I hope he mentions President Kennedy to them.

I don't know if Geraldo is on or what time, but I'm tired of him protecting the assassins because as he said on his show Rivera Live on CNBC in 2001, "There was no conspiracy. Oswald killed Kennedy from behind and alone." Paraphrase. And it was apropos of nothing. He just came out and said it. The next week he announced he had a new job on Fox as Foreign Correspondent. This was right after 9/11.

Kathy C

Hm, think King will ask Poppy Bush some probing questions about his actions in November '63?

Need I even wonder?

Larry did ask more than once, IF jeb would be running in 2012..both bushs said NO more than once, it was very little about politics and more about family relations, different...the ss program was not shown up here, no surprise, it will be eventually...when old and decrepit...

a couple for memories....best b...

Guest Tom Scully

I couldn't agree more. Up north I used to listen to Larry King when he had a radio interview show. Every Nov.22 his entire show would be about the Kennedy Assassination. He really was interested in it. Why the Bushes are going to be on I don't know. Maybe Larry King has no choice -- maybe CNN booked them. I hope he mentions President Kennedy to them.

I don't know if Geraldo is on or what time, but I'm tired of him protecting the assassins because as he said on his show Rivera Live on CNBC in 2001, "There was no conspiracy. Oswald killed Kennedy from behind and alone." Paraphrase. And it was apropos of nothing. He just came out and said it. The next week he announced he had a new job on Fox as Foreign Correspondent. This was right after 9/11.

Kathy C

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-521232

On the Anniversary of the Assassination of JFK, Why is George Bush Featured on Larry King Live?

iReport —

Could Larry's producers show any poorer taste, featuring an interview with Bush Sr., the one man in America who said he could not recall where he was on the day president Kennedy was assassinated? Let's run through what Larry could have asked Mr. Bush about- We won't even go into Bush calling the FBI on 11/22/63 with what turned out to be a false report warning that a Bush senate campaign worker had talked about harming president Kennedy,...

Guest John Gillespie

Kathy C

A couple of things, Kathy: I always read and like your postings because I believe you take a scalpel to things, with expertise. Larry King has always been a big favorite of mine because of his old radio show on Westwood one. I worked in radio and very much admired him because he could draw out anyone on the air and they all seemed to like him, which he used to get them to open up. Unfortunately, there is the truism, as you put it: 'Maybe Larry King has no choice -- maybe CNN booked them.' That is in the category of "ya think?"

Also, I have been an admirer of Geraldo, often reluctantly, for a long time. When I lived in New York in the early Seventies I watched him on WABC and it was clear that he was trying to make a name for himself with his looks and his chutzpah...but he had substance as well. He quite recently has come around on 911 as an inside job - and there is video on youtube to prove it - at least in terms of the Building 7 imbroglio. He strikes me as a decent and open-minded person, unlike so many dogmatic people we both loathe.

By the way, it was on that old Larry King radio show, on the 10th anniversary of Nixon's resignation, that he had Fred Thompson and Sam Dash as part of the program, for a couple of hours. It was on that broadcast - to which no one else listened, evidently, that Sam Dash said he believed Deep Throat was a composite.

Hang in there. We will win.

Happy Thanksgiving,

JG

Edited by John Gillespie

http://content.usato...alaska/1?csp=hf

http://www.businessi...ox-lady-2010-11

Kathy C

A couple of things, Kathy: I always read and like your postings because I believe you take a scalpel to things, with expertise. Larry King has always been a big favorite of mine because of his old radio show on Westwood one. I worked in radio and very much admired him because he could draw out anyone on the air and they all seemed to like him, which he used to get them to open up. Unfortunately, there is the truism, as you put it: 'Maybe Larry King has no choice -- maybe CNN booked them.' That is in the category of "ya think?"

Also, I have been an admirer of Geraldo, often reluctantly, for a long time. When I lived in New York in the early Seventies I watched him on WABC and it was clear that he was trying to make a name for himself with his looks and his chutzpah...but he had substance as well. He quite recently has come around on 911 as an inside job - and there is video on youtube to prove it - at least in terms of the Building 7 imbroglio. He strikes me as a decent and open-minded person, unlike so many dogmatic people we both loathe.

By the way, it was on that old Larry King radio show, on the 10th anniversary of Nixon's resignation, that he had Fred Thompson and Sam Dash as part of the program, for a couple of hours. It was on that broadcast - to which no one else listened, evidently, that Sam Dash said he believed Deep Throat was a composite.

Happy Thanksgiving,

JG

:Hi Dean; apparently your thread has now definitely been diverted..:blink: sorry bout that .. .what was new on the old worn out telly interview scene?well, not much but george jrs parents, of course do like his book and mom :)the ''oatmeal lady'' did zing palin...which will get the most hype, i figure...b

Edited by Bernice Moore

:Hi Dean; apparently your thread has now definitely been diverted..:blink: sorry bout that .. .what was new on the old worn out telly interview scene?well, not much but george jrs parents, of course do like his book and mom :)the ''oatmeal lady'' did zing palin...which will get the most hype, i figure...b

Bernice I divert threads all the time, if I make a thread any member can post anything they want in it, I never get upset over that.

Kathy C

Happy Thanksgiving,

JG

John: Yes Geraldo slipped re 9-11 but he has since reversed himself making clear that there are no conspiracies. In JFK or 9-11. I see most of this stuff on facebook, and it was several days ago that I saw both videos so no clue where it was now.

It galled me to see the Bushes on King last night. Especially given all that Russ Baker has unearthed in Family of Secrets. Re Poppy and 11/22/63. Tasteless Larry.

Dawn

Kathy C

Happy Thanksgiving,

JG

John, thank you for your kind words.

Kathy C