The Education Forum

Huffington Post's Top Twelve JFK Books

Guest James H. Fetzer

Guest James H. Fetzer

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/11/22/kennedy-assassination_n_786184.html#s187420

Interesting listing by someone who actually

knows the case. There were twelve initially,

but now there are only eleven. Which one was

knocked off? These are excellent books, with

the exception of WITH MALICE, where I would

recommend THE SEARCH FOR LEE HARVEY

OSWALD instead. And I would also recommend

ME & LEE over THE TWO FACES, where very

few even know of the existence of Jesse Curry's

JFK ASSASSINATION FILE, where the photograph

of George H.W. Bush, which Jesse Ventura featured

in his JFK show last Friday night, was published.

Edited by James H. Fetzer

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/11/22/kennedy-assassination_n_786184.html#s187420

Interesting listing by someone who actually knows the case.

There were twelve initially, but now there are only eleven.

Which one was knocked off? These are excellent books--

with the exception of WITH MALICE, where I recommend

THE SEARCH FOR LEE HARVEY OSWAD--where very few

know the existence of Jesse Curry's JFK ASSASSINATION

FILE, where the photograph of George H.W. Bush, which

Jesse Ventura featured in his JFK show, was published.

"These are excellent books--with the exception of WITH MALICE, where I recommend THE SEARCH FOR LEE HARVEY OSWAD"

Yes, because THE SEARCH FOR LEE HARVEY OSWAD is such a thorough study of the Tippit shooting.

How absurd.

knocked off?

Interesting. Clearly the article was set up for 12, and one book was removed.

(By whom? Why?)

I'll guess JFK and the Unspeakable.

http://www.huffingto...84.html#s187420

knocked off?

Interesting. Clearly the article was set up for 12, and one book was removed.

(By whom? Why?)

I'll guess JFK and the Unspeakable.

Yea, what was the 12th book and why was it removed?

And Todd, I hope you weren't implying that With Mallice is a "thorough study of the Tippit shooting"?

BK

Guest Robert Morrow

If a person reads LBJ: Mastermind of JFK's Assassination (2010 by Phillip Nelson then JFK and the Unspeakable by James Douglas (2008), one will get a very good jump start on understanding the JFK assassination. Then watch the Men Who Killed Kennedy: The Guilty Men (Episodes 7,8,9) on YouTube. These are the episodes that got BANNED because they got so close to the truth, focusing on the role of LYNDON JOHNSON in the JFK Assassination. Then watch JFK the movie, Director's cut by Oliver Stone (1991). Do all that and one has a very quick and solid introduction to the JFK Assassination.

Email me at Morrow321@aol.com and I will send you my "LBJ and CIA killed JFK" file. I also welcome phone calls at 512-306-1510 relating to the Coup of 1963.

Here is my list of top 40 books relating to the JFK assassination:

1 LBJ: The Mastermind of JFK's Assassination Phillip F. Nelson 2010

2 Blood, Money & Power: How L.B.J Killed J.F.K. Barr McClellan 2004

3 Texas in the Morning: The Love Story of Madeleine Brown and President Lyndon Baines Johnson Madeleine Brown 1997

4 Billie Sol Estes a Texas Legend Billie Sol Estes 2004

5 Defrauding America: Encyclopedia of Secret Operations by the CIA, DEA and Other Covert Agencies Rodney Stich 2001

6 The Men Who Killed Kennedy - the Guilty Men DVD Nigel Turner 2002

7 The Dark Side of Lyndon Baines Johnson Joachim Joesten 1968

8 How Kennedy was Killed: The Full Appalling Story Joachim Joesten 1968

9 The Men on the Sixth Floor Glen Sample & Mark Collum 2008

10 Power Beyond Reason: The Mental Collapse of Lyndon Johnson D. Jablow Hershman 2002

11 A Texan Looks at Lyndon: A Study in Illegitimate Power J. Evetts Haley 1964

12 The Texas Connection Craig Zirbel 1991

13 Who Shot JFK? Robin Ramsay 2009

14 Me & Lee: How I Came to Know, Love and Lose Lee Harvey Oswald Judyth Vary Baker & Edward Haslam 2010

15 Lee Harvey Oswald: The True Story of the Accused Assassin of President John F. Kennedy, by His Lover Judyth Vary Baker 2006

16 Family of Secrets: The Bush Dynasty, the Powerful Forces That Put It in the White House, and What Their Influence Means for America Russ Baker 2008

17 The Immaculate Deception: The Bush Crime Family Exposed Russell S. Bowen 1991

18 Barry & 'the Boys': The CIA, the Mob and America's Secret History Daniel Hopsicker 2006

19 JFK and the Unspeakable: Why He Died and Why It Matters James Douglass 2008

20 To Kill a President: Finally an Ex-FBI Agent rips aside the Veil of Secrecy that killed JFK M. Wesley Smearingen 2008

21 JFK - Director's Cut - 2 Disc Special Edition (1991) Oliver Stone 2003

22 Oswald and the CIA John Newman 1995

23 Bloody Treason: On Solving History's Greatest Murder Mystery: The Assassination of John F. Kennedy Noel H. Twyman 1997

24 The Last Investigation Gaeton Fonzi 1993

25 Brothers: The Hidden History of the Kennedy Years David Talbot 2008

26 Someone Would Have Talked Larry Hancock 2006

27 The Man Who Knew Too Much: Hired to Kill Oswald and Prevent the Assassination of JFK Dick Russell 1992

28 The Tatum Chronicles (Google Chip Tatum Pegasus for free on internet) D. G. "Chip Tatum" 1996

29 Conspiracy: Who Killed President Kennedy? Anthony Summers 1980

30 Not in Your Lifetime Anthony Summers 1998

31 Spy Saga: Lee Harvey Oswald and U.S. Intelligence Philip H. Melanson 1990

32 Plausible Denial: Was the CIA Involved in the Assassination of JFK Mark Lane 1992

33 History Will Not Absolve Us: Orwellian Control, Public Denial, & the Murder of President Kennedy Martin Schotz 1996

34 Farewell America: The Plot to Kill JFK James Hepburn and William Turner 1968

35 Edward Lansdale's Cold War Jonathan Nashel 2005

36 JFK: The Cuba Files: The Untold Story of the Plot to Kill Kennedy (Secret War) Fabian Escalante 2006

37 Crossfire: The Plot That Killed Kennedy Jim Marrs 1993

38 The Secret Team: The CIA and its Allies in Control of the United States and the World Fletcher Prouty 1974

39 The Radical Right and the Murder of John F. Kennedy: Stunning Evidence in the Assassination of the President Harrison Livingstone 2006

40 Who Killed JFK? Carl Oglesby 2002

41 The Yankee and Cowboy War: Conspiracies from Dallas to Watergate Carl Oglesby 1976

42 The JFK Assassination: The Facts and the Theories Carl Oglesby 1992

43 The Conspirators: Secrets of an Iran-Contra Insider Al Martin 2002

44 Lyndon B. Johnson: A Memoir George Reedy 1982

45 JFK Conspiracy of Silence Charles Crenshaw 1992

46 Trauma Room One: The JFK Medical Coverup Exposed Charles Crenshaw 2001

47 The Grassy Knoll Witnesses: Who Shot JFK? Harry A. Yardum 2009

48 Flight from Dallas: New Evidence of CIA Involvement in the Murder of John F. Kennedy James Johnston and Jon Roe 2006

49 JFK: The CIA, Vietnam and the Plot to Assassinate John F. Kennedy Fletcher Prouty 2003

50 The Elite Serial Killers of Lincoln, JFK, RFK & MLK Robert Gaylon Ross, Sr. 2001

Edited by Robert Morrow

Guest James H. Fetzer

You have a interesting list, but I am struck by certain omissions. Some classics, like RUSH TO JUDGMENT, SIX SECONDS IN DALLAS, and BEST EVIDENCE don't make your "top fifty"! You have BLOODY TREASON at #23, when it would certainly be in my "top ten". And I am struck that books, like BEST EVIDENCE, which focus on the medical evidence, the ballistics, and the Zapruder film are not on your list, such as ASSASSINATION SCIENCE, MURDER IN DEALEY PLAZA, THE GREAT ZAPRUDER HOAX, and INSIDE THE ARRB. I agree with your take on Lyndon, including LBJ: MASTERMIND OF JFK'S ASSASSINATION, and of course JFK AND THE UNSPEAKABLE and now FAMILY OF SECRETS, where I interviewed Russ Baker yesterday and will do so again tomorrow. I am glad you included Madeleine's book, Billy Sol's, and especially ME & LEE, but I am puzzled by your exclusion of the most scientific and objective studies of the medical and ballistic evidence and of the authenticity of the Zapruder film. Your first serious book on the medical evidence is #46. I presume this reflects your greater interest in who did it rather than in how it was done. I think you are a serious guy. Can you help me sort this one out?

If a person reads LBJ: Mastermind of JFK's Assassination (2010 by Phillip Nelson then JFK and the Unspeakable by James Douglas (2008), one will get a very good jump start on understanding the JFK assassination. Then watch the Men Who Killed Kennedy: The Guilty Men (Episodes 7,8,9) on YouTube. These are the episodes that got BANNED because they got so close to the truth, focusing on the role of LYNDON JOHNSON in the JFK Assassination. Then watch JFK the movie, Director's cut by Oliver Stone (1991). Do all that and one has a very quick and solid introduction to the JFK Assassination.

Email me at Morrow321@aol.com and I will send you my "LBJ and CIA killed JFK" file. I also welcome phone calls at 512-306-1510 relating to the Coup of 1963.

3 Texas in the Morning: The Love Story of Madeleine Brown and President Lyndon Baines Johnson Madeleine Brown 1997

5 Defrauding America: Encyclopedia of Secret Operations by the CIA, DEA and Other Covert Agencies Rodney Stich 2001

10 Power Beyond Reason: The Mental Collapse of Lyndon Johnson D. Jablow Hershman 2002

14 Me & Lee: How I Came to Know, Love and Lose Lee Harvey Oswald Judyth Vary Baker & Edward Haslam 2010

15 Lee Harvey Oswald: The True Story of the Accused Assassin of President John F. Kennedy, by His Lover Judyth Vary Baker 2006

16 Family of Secrets: The Bush Dynasty, the Powerful Forces That Put It in the White House, and What Their Influence Means for America Russ Baker 2008

17 The Immaculate Deception: The Bush Crime Family Exposed Russell S. Bowen 1991

18 Barry & 'the Boys': The CIA, the Mob and America's Secret History Daniel Hopsicker 2006

20 To Kill a President: Finally an Ex-FBI Agent rips aside the Veil of Secrecy that killed JFK M. Wesley Smearingen 2008

23 Bloody Treason: On Solving History's Greatest Murder Mystery: The Assassination of John F. Kennedy Noel H. Twyman 1997

27 The Man Who Knew Too Much: Hired to Kill Oswald and Prevent the Assassination of JFK Dick Russell 1992

28 The Tatum Chronicles (Google Chip Tatum Pegasus for free on internet) D. G. "Chip Tatum" 1996

32 Plausible Denial: Was the CIA Involved in the Assassination of JFK Mark Lane 1992

33 History Will Not Absolve Us: Orwellian Control, Public Denial, & the Murder of President Kennedy Martin Schotz 1996

36 JFK: The Cuba Files: The Untold Story of the Plot to Kill Kennedy (Secret War) Fabian Escalante 2006

38 The Secret Team: The CIA and its Allies in Control of the United States and the World Fletcher Prouty 1974

39 The Radical Right and the Murder of John F. Kennedy: Stunning Evidence in the Assassination of the President Harrison Livingstone 2006

41 The Yankee and Cowboy War: Conspiracies from Dallas to Watergate Carl Oglesby 1976

48 Flight from Dallas: New Evidence of CIA Involvement in the Murder of John F. Kennedy James Johnston and Jon Roe 2006

49 JFK: The CIA, Vietnam and the Plot to Assassinate John F. Kennedy Fletcher Prouty 2003

50 The Elite Serial Killers of Lincoln, JFK, RFK & MLK Robert Gaylon Ross, Sr. 2001

Edited by James H. Fetzer

Guest Robert Morrow

You have a interesting list, but I am struck by certain omissions. Some classics, like RUSH TO JUDGMENT, SIX SECONDS IN DALLAS, and BEST EVIDENCE don't make your "top fifty"! You have BLOODY TREASON at #23, when it would certainly be in my "top ten". And I am struck that books, like BEST EVIDENCE, which focus on the medical evidence, the ballistics, and the Zapruder film are not on your list, such as ASSASSINATION SCIENCE, MURDER IN DEALEY PLAZA, THE GREAT ZAPRUDER HOAX, and INSIDE THE ARRB. I agree with your take on Lyndon, including LBJ: MASTERMIND OF JFK'S ASSASSINATION, and of course JFK AND THE UNSPEAKABLE and now FAMILY OF SECRETS, where I interviewed Russ Baker yesterday and will do so again tomorrow. I am glad you included Madeleine's book, Billy Sol's, and especially ME & LEE, but I am puzzled by your exclusion of the most scientific and objective studies of the medical and ballistic evidence and of the authenticity of the Zapruder film. Your first serious book on the medical evidence is #46. I presume this reflects your greater interest in who did it rather than in how it was done. I think you are a serious guy. Can you help me sort this one out?

I do not believe that the Zapruder Film was altered. I am in Robert Groden's camp. I do not believe that JFK's body was "kidnapped" but I am totally down with pre-autopsy surgery to remove bullets. I think it is critical to focus on the Lyndon Johnson/CIA/military role in the JFK assassination. Having said that Bloody Treason is a fabulously helpful and informative book on the 1963 Coup d'Etat.

Edited by Robert Morrow

Guest Robert Morrow

Harvey and Lee by John Armstrong is the way to go in my opinion. Armstrong verifies everything he's written in that book. Two Oswalds from the get-go.

Kathy C

I do recommend Harvey and Lee by John Armstrong despite the fact that I DO NOT BELIEVE IN THE TWO OSWALDS STORY. I think that John Armstrong is very wrong on that score. Having said that John Armstrong has done some amazing and painstaking research in other areas that needs more folks to know about it.

Guest Robert Morrow

Robert how many books in your top 50 have you read?

Im guessing you have read about 10 of them

I have read 12 of them cover to cover. I have read select chapters in almost all of them. It really is a waste of time to read most books cover to cover. That is not a time efficient way to gain information. Go straight to the good stuff on what people recommend or key chapters that cover certain topics in detail. Often books cross reference each other.

Do you think you would learn MORE about the JFK asassination by reading JFK and the Unspeakable, then LBJ: Mastermind of JFK's Assassination OR by reading the Warren Report farce along with reading all the incredible amounts of irrelevant garbage and disinfo in the acoompanying 26 volumes?

I have Harvey and Lee. No way am I going to read all 900 pages. John Armstrong made a point to recommend the chapters on the 1) rifle and 2) the supposed LHO trip to Mexico.

Time is short, so be selective in what you read.

Edited by Robert Morrow

It really is a waste of time to read most books cover to cover. That is not a time efficient way to gain information.

Are you joking?

What a slap in the face to all authors who have wrote books on the assassination!

And what a slap in the face to any researcher who makes a top list of books when you list 50 but have only read 12 of them.

How in the world do you think its ok to list a book (in your case 38 of them) that you have not read cover to cover?

Your killing me Robert!

Your not doing the right thing, your list means nothing to me or anyone Robert, and the fact that you say its a waste of time to read a book from cover to cover is the nail in the coffin.

I cant believe im reading these things.

Guest Robert Morrow

It really is a waste of time to read most books cover to cover. That is not a time efficient way to gain information.

Are you joking?

What a slap in the face to all authors who have wrote books on the assassination!

And what a slap in the face to any researcher who makes a top list of books when you list 50 but have only read 12 of them.

How in the world do you think its ok to list a book (in your case 38 of them) that you have not read cover to cover?

Your killing me Robert!

Your not doing the right thing, your list means nothing to me or anyone Robert, and the fact that you say its a waste of time to read a book from cover to cover is the nail in the coffin.

I cant believe im reading these things.

Dean, only a fool would read every page of every book. One should be selective and focus on the cream of the crop of books, DVDs, internet articles and information in general. I have a list of 250 books on the JFK assassination. Parts of many of them are valuable. Parts of some of them are not than valuable with some junk thrown in. I only post the top 40 or 50 because I am getting right down to the point.

Some of the books I post, I post on recommendations from other researchers into the Coup of 1963 who I respect.

Really, Dean, I don't think you contribute much to the conversation/debate about the JFK assassination. Mostly its just chirping from the peanut gallery. Why don't you go do some primary research instead of dumping on others?

Edited by Robert Morrow