The Education Forum

Photo of David Ferrie

I suppose many of you have seen this picture of David Ferrie. I don't recall ever seeing it myself. Maybe because I took it for another individual.

This picture is credited as being David Ferrie. But to me, he looks a lot like Jack Ruby. I don't know if you'll agree, but could it be possible that Ferrie was impersonating Jack Ruby that weekend? Is it just coincidental -- did he like to wear shades and hats to hide his hair-loss disease? I know he wore a helmut in the Civil Air Patrol.

Was he impersonating Ruby or was he trying to hide himself that weekend, so he could "mingle" and no one would know who he was? There was a woman who said she saw Ruby putting a rifle (or similar) into a vehicle. And there was a Ruby lookalike in Dealey Plaza when/after Kennedy was shot. (I don't know if the man wore a hat.) But it was a good disguise. A glimpse of him makes him look like Ruby. Here's the picture of Ferrie:

Kathy C

post-5645-091946700 1290818083_thumb.gif

Edited by Kathleen Collins

It looks like Ferrie. Why would he need to impersonate Ruby at any time?

Ferrie was in NO at the time of the Assassination...A glimpse in a B@W pic isn't the same as impersonating a person in front of others, for any period of time.

I'm not really sure what your getting at, though, Kathleen.

Yes, this is Ferrie, taken in about March 1962. He is standing with Julian Buznedo. Ferrie's appearance is about typical of that time. Yes, he did wear a hairpiece and hats to try to downplay his hair loss. I don't have many pictures of him in this hat. He preferred caps. While he did wear a helmet at that 1955 CAP SARCAP picture (with Oswald), he usually wore a cap at CAP.

I'm not so sure that Ferrie knew Ruby.

Yes, this is Ferrie, taken in about March 1962. He is standing with Julian Buznedo. Ferrie's appearance is about typical of that time. Yes, he did wear a hairpiece and hats to try to downplay his hair loss. I don't have many pictures of him in this hat. He preferred caps. While he did wear a helmet at that 1955 CAP SARCAP picture (with Oswald), he usually wore a cap at CAP.

I'm not so sure that Ferrie knew Ruby.

Another photo of Ferrie: http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.corbisimages.com/images/67/E29B9458-18EA-4CD3-A3D0-D357CE6F9383/U1546604.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.corbisimages.com/Enlargement/U1546604.html&usg=__4WJYxl0Zd0CXaJ9aYziJv3ShYvU=&h=480&w=364&sz=38&hl=en&start=190&zoom=0&tbnid=2U9QSpEkWJpBqM:&tbnh=129&tbnw=98&prev=/images%3Fq%3Ddavid%2Bferrie%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG%26biw%3D1670%26bih%3D857%26gbv%3D2%26tbs%3Disch:10%2C4717&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=880&vpy=428&dur=3094&hovh=129&hovw=98&tx=66&ty=75&ei=cKTyTN--IYaglAeBveSbDQ&oei=Q6TyTMzgM4T68AaRqrGyCg&esq=7&page=7&ndsp=32&ved=1t:429,r:28,s:190&biw=1670&bih=857