The Education Forum

Life Magazine Article

If you don't realize the significance of this article snippet, I fill in some of the blanks.

To start with:

First, note the day of publication, in relation to the other official early investigations which took place.

Second, the specific frame designations.

chris

LifeDec61963.jpg

Guest Tom Scully

If Frame 202 is the one first described, then frames 276 and 324 are most important? The images in them do not seem to fit the article's description.

Or, were there a different number of frames when the article was written, than there were later?

If Frame 202 is the one first described, then frames 276 and 324 are most important? The images in them do not seem to fit the article's description.

Or, were there a different number of frames when the article was written, than there were later?

Thanks Tom,

Bear with me, and I'll add some more info.

chris

The elevation for the first shot (at street level)) was determined to be 423.07.

This would actually equate to frame 210.

The WC used a different measurement for their elevation which included the height of JFK and some other factors to arrive at something near 426.80.

I believe the article's reference to 170 ft. is "close to" but not the exact distance.

chris

WcPlat2.jpg

The WC did not have an entry for frame 284 (which is 74 frames after 210) referring back to the original article.

So I added the entry for them.

Notice the elevation numbers pertaining to the true elevation at frame 210 and the WC elevation at frame 284.

chris

WcPlat3.jpg

If you don't realize the significance of this article snippet, I fill in some of the blanks.

To start with:

First, note the day of publication, in relation to the other official early investigations which took place.

Second, the specific frame designations.

chris

LifeDec61963.jpg

even

Subtracting from the Z-film, this equates to a shot at 313, 265, and 191. 313 is clearly the head shot. 191 is clearly a reference to Kennedy's jerk to his left as he went behind the sign, which even Connally would later assert was when he thought Kennedy was hit.

So, really, the only mystery is 265. How could anyone think Connally was unhit prior to 265? IMO, they couldn't, and were only pretending they did so they could give the shooter (who they all KNEW was Oswald) enough time to fire the shots. (There had been much talk that the shooter would need 2 seconds--36 frames to those performing this analysis--between shots, not the 2.8 seconds later suggested by the FBI's Frazier.)

Guest Robert Morrow

"So, really, the only mystery is 265. How could anyone think Connally was unhit prior to 265? IMO, they couldn't, and were only pretending they did so they could give the shooter (who they all KNEW was Oswald) enough time to fire the shots. (There had been much talk that the shooter would need 2 seconds--36 frames to those performing this analysis--between shots, not the 2.8 seconds later suggested by the FBI's Frazier.)"

Bingo! The frame up of US intelligence agent Oswald was already in full gear by the publication date of this LIFE magazine. Publication date Oct. 6th, it actually went to the presses and was mailed out on 11/29/63.

The Dec. 6th issue was supposed to be the LIFE issue that was going to be an expose of Lyndon Johnson and blow him out of the water once and for all.

LIFE Magazine, being fed damaging info by RFK, was on the verge of running a story on 11/29/63 that would have annihilated Lyndon Johnson’s political career once and for all

Source: James Wagenvoord who in 1963 was the 27 year old assistant to LIFE Magazine’e managing editor; this issue would have been dated 12/6/63 and mailed out 11/29 and 11/30/63 (Friday/Saturday mailing)

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=14966&st=0

James Wagenvoord to John Simkin (in November, 2009):

“I've been reading through you web site and believe that I can add one of the final jigsaw puzzle pieces that affect the timing of JFK's Dallas trip and the nervousness of LBJ during the weeks preceding the killing. At the time I was the 27 year old Editorial business manager and assistant to Life Magazines Executive Editor. Beginning in later summer 1963 the magazine, based upon information fed from Bobby Kennedy and the Justice Department, had been developing a major newsbreak piece concerning Johnson and Bobby Baker. On publication Johnson would have been finished and off the '64 ticket (reason the material was fed to us) and would probably have been facing prison time. At the time LIFE magazine was arguably the most important general news source in the US. The top management of Time Inc. was closely allied with the USA's various intelligence agencies and we were used after by the Kennedy Justice Department as a conduit to the public. Life's coverage of the Hoffa prosecution, and involvement in paying off Justice Department Memphis witnesses was a case in point.

The LBJ/Baker piece was in the final editing stages and was scheduled to break in the issue of the magazine due out the week of November 24 (the magazine would have made it to the newsstands on Nov.26th or 27th). It had been prepared in relative secrecy by a small special editorial team. On Kennedy's death research files and all numbered copies of the nearly print-ready draft were gathered up by my boss (he had been the top editor on the team) and shredded. The issue that was to expose LBJ instead featured the Zapruder film. Based upon our success in syndicating the Zapruder film I became Chief of Time/LIFE editorial services and remained in that job until 1968.”

Biography of James Wagenvoord: http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/JFKwagenvoord.htm

LIFE Magazine was within days of breaking a major story on Lyndon Johnson that would have been extremely politically damaging to him. By 11/22/63, the political career of Lyndon Johnson was hanging by a thin, thin thread and Robert Kennedy, having told the Washington press corps that it was open season on Johnson, was about to cut it with scissors:

In 1963 Johnson got drawn into political scandals involving Fred Korth, Billie Sol Estes and Bobby Baker. According to James Wagenvoord, the editorial business manager and assistant to Life Magazines Executive Editor, the magazine was working on an article that would have revealed Johnson's corrupt activities. "Beginning in later summer 1963 the magazine, based upon information fed from Bobby Kennedy and the Justice Department, had been developing a major newsbreak piece concerning Johnson and Bobby Baker. On publication Johnson would have been finished and off the 1964 ticket (reason the material was fed to us) and would probably have been facing prison time. At the time LIFE magazine was arguably the most important general news source in the US. The top management of Time Inc. was closely allied with the USA's various intelligence agencies and we were used after by the Kennedy Justice Department as a conduit to the public."

The fact that it was Robert Kennedy who was giving this information to Life Magazine suggests that John F. Kennedy intended to drop Johnson as his vice-president. This is supported by Evelyn Lincoln, Kennedy's secretary. In her book, Kennedy and Johnson (1968) she claimed that in November, 1963, Kennedy decided that because of the emerging Bobby Baker scandal he was going to drop Johnson as his running mate in the 1964 election. Kennedy told Lincoln that he was going to replace Johnson with Terry Sanford.

Don B. Reynolds appeared before a secret session of the Senate Rules Committee on 22nd November, 1963. Reynolds told B. Everett Jordan and his committee that Johnson had demanded that he provided kickbacks in return for him agreeing to a life insurance policy arranged by him in 1957. This included a $585 Magnavox stereo. Reynolds also had to pay for $1,200 worth of advertising on KTBC, Johnson's television station in Austin. Reynolds had paperwork for this transaction including a delivery note that indicated the stereo had been sent to the home of Johnson. Reynolds also told of seeing a suitcase full of money which Baker described as a "$100,000 payoff to Johnson for his role in securing the Fort Worth TFX contract".

First off...Let me apologise as I'm scanning through this quickly at work so have not read all of the above postings...apologies therefore if I have missed the gist of this but....doesn't the article say JFK was struck first in the throat ?

Surely that means at the very least that a conspiracy happened.

Happy to be corrected

Russ

First off...Let me apologise as I'm scanning through this quickly at work so have not read all of the above postings...apologies therefore if I have missed the gist of this but....doesn't the article say JFK was struck first in the throat ?

Surely that means at the very least that a conspiracy happened.

Happy to be corrected

Russ

Russell, the press conference after the shooting held by the doctors discussed only two wounds: a throat wound and a large head wound. That night, during the autopsy, two more wounds--a small one on Kennedy's back and another small one on the back of his head--were purportedly discovered. And yet the press and the public were not told of these wounds for weeks afterward... The result is a confusing mess, with many of the early articles describing the shooting in a manner quite unlike what the Warren Commission concluded.

In chapters 1 and 1b at patspeer.com, I discuss this in detail, and quote many of the articles... You may want to check them out.

Edited by Pat Speer

Referring back to the article once again:

Scenario1

First shot=170ft away

First shot=Frame202

Second shot=74frames later

Second shot=Frame 276

Third shot=48 frames later

Third shot=Frame324

Scenario2

Reporter transposes shot 2+3

First shot=170ft away

First shot=Frame191

Second shot=48 frames later

Second shot=frame 239

Third shot=74frames later

Third shot=Frame313

WC remedies two different shot scenario's concurrently.

Crossover shots among them.

chris

Referring back to the article once again:

Scenario1

First shot=170ft away

First shot=Frame202

Second shot=74frames later

Second shot=Frame 276

Third shot=48 frames later

Third shot=Frame324

Scenario2

Reporter transposes shot 2+3

First shot=170ft away

First shot=Frame191

Second shot=48 frames later

Second shot=frame 239

Third shot=74frames later

Third shot=Frame313

WC remedies two different shot scenario's concurrently.

Crossover shots among them.

chris

Huh? The second shot mentioned in the article was 74 frames later, not 48.

In looking back over the work sheets at NPIC, moreover, I noticed that they actually did the right thing, and proposed that the head shot happened between frame 312 and 313. They then backtracked to 264 and 190, not 265 and 191, as I'd assumed from the article.

And yes, I know it's ridiculous to think Connally was hit at 264 or 265, but that's the kind of crud Life Magazine, the FBI and the Secret Service were selling in November and December 63. They wanted to believe Oswald did it all by his lonesome. They also wanted to believe Connally's version of events. They also wanted to believe the Zapruder film showed these events. And so they conjured up a late hit on Connally that was total mooonshine, in order to sell the American people a good night's sleep.

Newmans2.jpg

Tom,

When does Bill Newman/Toni Foster react and Chaney's head turn to the knoll (cycle cop closest to JFK) occur? Approx frame if possible.

chris

NIXFILMING1-1.gif

Pat,

The SS didn't have to believe any of this. They knew a shot was fired after 313.

Same as the newspaper article states (frame 324 approx). Same as the previous gif shows.

Viewing a version quite superior to what we see, they knew.

chris

Now add a few of the impulse patterns from Thomas into it.

Time / Frame#

139.2 =frame 210

140.3 =frame 229

144.9 =frame 313

145.6 =frame 326

Coincidence!!!

Hard to believe

chris

Edited by Chris Davidson