The Education Forum

WikiLeaks and the JFK Asassination

John Simkin

The point is not whether there's judicial comparison or not, or even what the subject is all about. The irony is that Assange was using the exact same phrase as those pissed off US politicians who are now screaming sky high about WikiLeaks, including the same buzz words; Illegal, leaks, selectivity etc.

I'm reasonably sure Assange regrets using that phrase, because of these obvious similarities..

Thanks for the clarification, but I still do not see any irony. Irony would only apply if you thought there was in fact judicial comparison. And I think there are few people alive to day who choose their words more carefully than Assange.

Edited by Greg Parker

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Julian Assange said today that if he is extradited to the U.S. then he fears he will be bumped-off in prison "Jack Ruby style."

Quite an out the blue comment to make. Does Assange know something of interest or is this simply an off the cuff comment? I know the document hoard he has goes back to 1966.

Interesting.

Yes, some of things he's said lately do not seem thought through, I agree. Maybe it's the pressure he's no doubt been subject to, or he has quite a bit to learn about being in the spotlight. But what 'Jack Ruby style' might mean more specifically is interesting, even though I would be surprised if there's more to it than a layman's opinion.

I find his choice of words incredible to be honest with you

Lee, I just did a google news search using the terms "assange" and "ruby", and a random selection of stories tends to show that this is being widely interpreted as meaning he fears going the way of Oswald by a Ruby type figure. The only publication which even hinted at the meaning that you seem to have arrived at was a Russian English language one which notes both Ruby's execution of Oswald AND that he himself died of cancer after complaining of being injected with cancer. If Assange was worried abourt being murdered in jail, he could have said exactly that. But Ruby commited murder in just one specific manner - a manner that is extremely unlikely to occur in a prison facility - unless by a guard. Given, as I said to Glen, that he chooses his words very carefully, I have to wonder if he hasn't at least done some non-leaked reading about Ruby and his death. But as you say, he has secret stuff going back prior to Ruby's death, so that can't be ruled out as a source. Hopefully, we'll get to find out...

Julian Assange said today that if he is extradited to the U.S. then he fears he will be bumped-off in prison "Jack Ruby style."

Quite an out the blue comment to make. Does Assange know something of interest or is this simply an off the cuff comment? I know the document hoard he has goes back to 1966.

Interesting.

Yes, some of things he's said lately do not seem thought through, I agree. Maybe it's the pressure he's no doubt been subject to, or he has quite a bit to learn about being in the spotlight. But what 'Jack Ruby style' might mean more specifically is interesting, even though I would be surprised if there's more to it than a layman's opinion.

Lee, I just did a google news search using the terms "assange" and "ruby", and a random selection of stories tends to show that this is being widely interpreted as meaning he fears going the way of Oswald by a Ruby type figure. The only publication which even hinted at the meaning that you seem to have arrived at was a Russian English language one which notes both Ruby's execution of Oswald AND that he himself died of cancer after complaining of being injected with cancer. If Assange was worried abourt being murdered in jail, he could have said exactly that. But Ruby commited murder in just one specific manner - a manner that is extremely unlikely to occur in a prison facility - unless by a guard. Given, as I said to Glen, that he chooses his words very carefully, I have to wonder if he hasn't at least done some non-leaked reading about Ruby and his death. But as you say, he has secret stuff going back prior to Ruby's death, so that can't be ruled out as a source. Hopefully, we'll get to find out...

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/2010/12/24/2010-12-24_wikileaks_founder_julian_assange_if_extradited_to_us_ill_be_killed_jack_rubystyl.html

WikiLeaker Julian Assange is afraid of getting whacked "Jack Ruby-style" in a U.S. jail.

Assange, who posted 250,000 secret cables regarding American foreign and military policy on his Website, is fighting extradition to Sweden over allegations of rape and molestation of two women.

At the same time, there are reports the U.S. might try to haul him in to stand trial for espionage.

Assange, 39, says if he can garner enough support in London, where he is now free on bail, Britain might find it too heavy a political lift to extradite him to America for such a trial.

"It's all a matter of politics," he told British newspaper The Telegraph.

"We can presume there will be an attempt to influence U.K. political opinion, and to influence the perception of our standing as a moral actor," he added.

Assange and many WikiLeaks supporters smell a conspiracy in his being wanted for questioning about his supposed sexual misconduct.

The case arose shortly after WikiLeaks went public with its most recent round of secret communiques.

The Telegraph quoted Assange as saying the chances of him meeting his end at the hands of someone like Ruby was "high" if he's brought to the U.S.

Ruby shot and killed Lee Harvey Oswald, who was in police custody, before he could be tried for assassinating President John F. Kennedy in 1963.

Interesting.

Well, one can speculate about what he's referring to. But I still think he needs to be careful. If, for some reason, he should be perceived as being on some sort of personal crusade directed towards the US, then the legitimacy of the entire WikiLeaks idea will be questioned even among supporters. I believe.

Interesting.

Well, one can speculate about what he's referring to. But I still think he needs to be careful. If, for some reason, he should be perceived as being on some sort of personal crusade directed towards the US, then the legitimacy of the entire WikiLeaks idea will be questioned even among supporters. I believe.

Any 'crusade' for truth is necessarily a 'crusade' against the US governments (il)leagal system.

If the same standards were applied to US gov officials that they are trying to apply to JA just about the lot of the scumbags would all have to be locked up.

If the same standaards being applied to WikiLeaks were applied to newspapers they would all have to shut down.

The ref to Ruby is obvious in intent. I'm surprised anyone is 'trying to figure it out'.

Interesting.

Any 'crusade' for truth is necessarily a 'crusade' against the US governments (il)leagal system.

If the same standards were applied to US gov officials that they are trying to apply to JA just about the lot of the scumbags would all have to be locked up.

If the same standaards being applied to WikiLeaks were applied to newspapers they would all have to shut down.

The ref to Ruby is obvious in intent. I'm surprised anyone is 'trying to figure it out'.

John,

The `crusade´ bit was merely to focus on the possibility of Assanges own potential shortcomings.

The point I'm making is that the US are not alone - many other should be under the same scrutiny from WikiLeaks. If the perception is that these stupidites are US exclusive - the Wiki mission would be over. For the simple reason that the stupidities, the breaking of foreign laws, and the gossip about other diplomates, undoubtedly is a far wider spread disease than the US.

Do you see what I mean?

Interesting.

John,

The `crusade´ bit was merely to focus on the possibility of Assanges own potential shortcomings.

The point I'm making is that the US are not alone - many other should be under the same scrutiny from WikiLeaks. If the perception is that these stupidites are US exclusive - the Wiki mission would be over. For the simple reason that the stupidities, the breaking of foreign laws, and the gossip about other diplomates, undoubtedly is a far wider spread disease than the US.

Do you see what I mean?

The people at Wikileaks have no control over who leaks what to them. If most of it is coming from the US, that is not Assange's doing. I'm certain they'd be happy to recieve leaks from anywhere in the world. Do you have any Swedish secrets you want to share?

Interesting.

John,

Do you see what I mean?

The people at Wikileaks have no control over who leaks what to them. If most of it is coming from the US, that is not Assange's doing. I'm certain they'd be happy to recieve leaks from anywhere in the world. Do you have any Swedish secrets you want to share?

The people at WikiLeaks have - as far as we know - no control of what's coming in. The people of WikiLeaks have definitely full control of what's flowing out. What they'd be happy about or not, I have no idea. But presumably this idea of free speech would not be particularly trustworthy if those swords are pointed in one direction only, get the drift?

Interesting.

John,

Do you see what I mean?

The people at WikiLeaks have - as far as we know - no control of what's coming in. The people of WikiLeaks have definitely full control of what's flowing out. What they'd be happy about or not, I have no idea. But presumably this idea of free speech would not be particularly trustworthy if those swords are pointed in one direction only, get the drift?

Yes, I get your drift. Do you have any evidence to support the notion of swords delieberately only pointing one way (apart from the insinuations of disgruntled ex-employees)?

In terms of relevant world power, past abuses and interference in the affairs of other countries, including illegal invasions, would you expect that the vast majority of leaks would be coming from anywhere else?

Maybe Greenland's abuses are more interesting for you?

You guys really, really have to be careful of this entire WikiLeaks soap opera. It is designed to waste people's time and the fact that the woman was supposedly involved (indirectly) with the Bay of Pigs incident is even further proof that something very fishy is going on. You could say that there lies the "approved by the CIA" stamp lol. This entire incident is designed to lead you nowhere. WikiLeaks = PsyOp, Assange = either a useful idiot or an operative. Careful where you tread guys.

What one has to be wary of is the obfuscating mindset as above.

edit typo,grammar

Edited by John Dolva

Guest Gary Loughran

Dear Children,

Santa is not real.

Happy Christmas,

Wikileaks.

FWIW - I am in agreement with those who firmly believe wikileaks or the next inevitable, incarnation - will become the official, centrally controlled, voice of dissent. It accepts, harbours and manipulates any attempts at whistleblowing for very specific purposes. A gret gatekeeper.