The Education Forum

Deep Politics Forum

We saw it as starting to speculate on the DPF management and their motivations / problems / disputes. Is that what you really want? If so, why not discuss it on the DPF itself?

Just for the record, Evan, were you barred from posting at Deep Politics Forum?

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We saw it as starting to speculate on the DPF management and their motivations / problems / disputes. Is that what you really want? If so, why not discuss it on the DPF itself?

Just for the record, Evan, were you barred from posting at Deep Politics Forum?

Cliff,

Though I never tried or wanted to join, my IP address was banned. However I have two ISPs so can view the DPF using the other (which is a dynamic IP).

How and why can you possibly close a thead on the Deep Politics Forum, a forum started by former members of this forum, a forum that was said to have been hacked, similar to attacks that have shut down the Education Forum on more than one occassion.

There is no excuse close a thread on the import issues that are being brought up and discussed, and any attempt to stop this discussion will only lead to more discussion.

So just keep it open or I will start another thread on the subject.

Bill Kelly

I agree with Bill. So much for John Simkin's belief in free speech.

I did not give permission for this thread to be locked. However, unlike other forums we are not a dictatorship. We are run by a committee. Like other moderators I was not asked to vote on the subject. If I had been, I would have voted no. What is the point anyway, members will only start a new thread on the subject. Evan, please unlock the thread until moderators vote on the subject?

If Myra Bronstein HIJACKED the forum from the other founding members, I am not interested

in participating, as that would be aiding and abetting an immoral if not an illegal act...and

certainly a cowardly act contrary to the ideal of free speech. I align myself with Dawn, Charles

and others interested truth, not in selfish self-interest.

Jack

This is what it is looking like.

Thank you John for reopening this thread, and I hope that such threads are not locked again, though it would probably be wise to keep similar topics on one thread - ala this one and Gary Mack, rather than having a half dozen threads on the same subject.

As for Myra shutting down the forum she was the sole administrator of, and then reactivating it, I don't know the rational beind it.

But to say that Dawn, Charles and the others are interested in the truth, then why did they try to blame the WickiLeaks hackers when they knew for a fact it was Myra?

I don't buy the idea that these hackers can take down forums and attack web sites (like my Grand Jury and Congressonal Oversight Petitions were attacked), and this forum

was attacked and taken down, and those responsible can never be identified.

These criminals who attack web sites they disagree with or take down forums as the Ed Forum was taken town more than once, can and should be identified.

The Ed Forum was taken down more than once by the same type of attack that the WickiLeaks people used, but months before they gave the software away for free download

to anyone who wanted it. So this forum was attacked by someone or some people before the WickiLeaks software was made availabe.

I believe those who have attacked my petitions and this web site are not annonymous hackers who we'll never know, but people we already know, and are either members or

former members of the forum who can and should be identified.

Thanks again to John Simkin for maintaining this forum despite the antics of a few.

Bill Kelly

If Myra Bronstein HIJACKED the forum from the other founding members, I am not interested

in participating, as that would be aiding and abetting an immoral if not an illegal act...and

certainly a cowardly act contrary to the ideal of free speech. I align myself with Dawn, Charles

Jack

Thank you John for reopening this thread, and I hope that such threads are not locked again, though it would probably be wise to keep similar topics on one thread - ala this one and Gary Mack, rather than having a half dozen threads on the same subject.

As for Myra shutting down the forum she was the sole administrator of, and then reactivating it, I don't know the rational beind it.

But to say that Dawn, Charles and the others are interested in the truth, then why did they try to blame the WickiLeaks hackers when they knew for a fact it was Myra?

I don't buy the idea that these hackers can take down forums and attack web sites (like my Grand Jury and Congressonal Oversight Petitions were attacked), and this forum

These criminals who attack web sites they disagree with or take down forums as the Ed Forum was taken town more than once, can and should be identified.

The Ed Forum was taken down more than once by the same type of attack that the WickiLeaks people used, but months before they gave the software away for free download

to anyone who wanted it. So this forum was attacked by someone or some people before the WickiLeaks software was made availabe.

I believe those who have attacked my petitions and this web site are not annonymous hackers who we'll never know, but people we already know, and are either members or

Thanks again to John Simkin for maintaining this forum despite the antics of a few.

Bill Kelly

NO ONE AT DPF EVER SAID OR SUGGESTED IT WAS WIKILEAKS.

I am most disappointed in you Bill. You are spreading falsehoods and I know not why. When we are able a joint statement will be posted.

Until then please stop making false accusations. Show me WHERE anyone from DPF said it was wikileaks.

I think JIm D ASKED this question here and we could not respond for legal reasons.

I am posting this w/o consulting the other co-founders as I need to get to work.

Dawn

Thanks to Jack white and Jim DiEugenio. (If I have omitte anyone, I apologise)

A second Deep Politics Forum has been established here:

http://deeppoliticsforum.net/

It has the following message:

The REAL DPF has been temporarily hijacked

Working is ongoing to restore the bona-fide DPF

Please try the domain periodically and check for a statement by the original founders - minus 1

The bona-fide DPF WILL be back on line soon.

I rarely agree with Healy and even more rarely agree with Hogan and this probably the first time I’ve agreed with both of them.

Though I feel the latter’s truculent tone uncalled for I agree the thread should not have been locked.

You're not in the best position to pass judgment on what constitutes a truculent tone. I read your post on this thread before it was made invisible.

Apparently the moderator(s) felt it was your tone that was uncalled for.

I've remained silent while you totally mischaracterize your role in what happened a few years ago. You were far from blameless, although you try to portray otherwise.

Most members have you figured out. I know I do.

I’m not going to get into a $#!t tossing match with you, that’s far more up you ally than mine. All I was saying was that I agreed with your general sentiment (the thread should not have been locked) but not your flaming of John. The truculence of my post that was made invisible was directed at people aren't or are only nominally members of this forum.

Jack

Bill Kelly

I am most disappointed in you Bill. You are spreading falsehoods and I know not why. When we are able a joint statement will be posted.

Until then please stop making false accusations. Show me WHERE anyone from DPF said it was wikileaks.

I think JIm D ASKED this question here and we could not respond for legal reasons.

I am posting this w/o consulting the other co-founders as I need to get to work.

Dawn

So Bill made a minor error, he got the big picture correct, Drago and you claimed the forum had been hacked when you knew that was not the case. If you want to be straight forward for a change, this might help recoup your lost credebility, why don't you tell us what led to the falling out with Myra.

Edited by Len Colby

http://wikileaks.se/Mirrors.html

Mirrors

Wikileaks is currently under heavy attack.

In order to make it impossible to ever fully remove Wikileaks from the Internet, you will find below a list of mirrors of Wikileaks website and CableGate pages.

If you want to add your mirror to the list, see our Mass Mirroring Wikileaks page

Mirror List

Wikileaks is currently mirrored on 1424 up-to-date sites (updated 2010-12-20 10:07 GMT)

Here is the mirror list sorted by apparent bandwidth

Jack

Bill Kelly

Dawn

So Bill made a minor error, he got the big picture correct, Drago and you claimed the forum had been hacked when you knew that was not the case. If you want to be straight forward for a change, this might help recoup your lost credebility, why don't you tell us what led to the falling out with Myra.

Wait a minute, I didn't make any minor error.

As I show in the other post, Dawn said they were proud of being a WikiLeaks mirror and wouldn't have any more comments on the hacking at EF, thus linking the two together. So I'm not the one who is making any minor errors or spreading false reports.

BK

Bill:

As I made it clear, I was the one who postulated the reason being a Wiki Leaks connection.

Dawn did not do that.

If you somehow put that together, that was you who did it. Not her.

Okay,

I made the inference that the fact they were proud of their mirroring the Wikileaks and the fact that they claimed to have been hacked by outside forces, when they knew they weren't, were

somehow connected, and now we know better.

We know they weren't hacked because of the Wikileaks mirror, and they weren't hacked at all, but were taken down by the administrator, which they knew from the get go.

BK