The Education Forum

The return of Deep Politics Forum

How does congratulating them on putting back their forum do what you just said it did?

With your reputation for being a scholar and tendency to berate people for not having read enough books before posting I assumed you had actually read the declaration Dawn linked to before making your post. What I find even more surprising is that you still seem not have read it before making your 2nd post. And despite your post hoc clarification you in no way made it clear if you were merely “congratulating them on putting back their forum” rather than endorsing the linked statement.

So in three words I am supposed to qualify my congratulations for them getting their site back up and I have to qualify exactly what I mean by the word "congratulations".

Colby is one of a kind.

If someone posts a link to a declaration and someone else replies "Good going!" it is natural to assume they were endorsing the declaration.

• 2 years later...

I have removed your last post, Len. There's no reason to allow insulting comments made on other forums onto this forum, when no real content is included in the post. So...someone somewhere said something bad about someone on this forum. That's not surprising, particularly in that the someone saying something bad is someone who left this forum due to his dislike for its members, attitudes and policies.

Pat 'bad' is insufficient to describe Drago's and Millea's comments, 'vile' is more apt and Don Jefferies is not just any member but a moderator. Much as I've long realized that Drago is a completely cretinous A-hole I was surprised to see he'd sink so low as to make a personal attack against someone based on the medical condition of one of their family members. It's only partially true that Drago and his crew “left this forum due to [their]...dislike for its members, attitudes and policies” there wrath was only directed at a few members principally me and to a lesser extent Craig and Evan and then the other Admins. and Mods. for not doing their bidding. Don was not a Mod. at the time and is one of a half dozen or so active members of both forums. He incurred their ire because he rightly held them to task for their intolerance of opposing POVs. This is but one of several threads on this forum concerning the going ons of the DPF and they cover the same topics. Certainly there is a great deal of crossover in the readership of both forums. Members and guests of this one have a vested interest in knowing the 'quality' of people there.

It is also worth noting that even though Cliff and Dawn stood up for Don and several other EF members commented on the thread no one criticized Drago or Millea.

I hope as a compromise you'll allow me to post a link to the the offending posts. https://deeppoliticsforum.com/forums/showthread.php?11216-Fetzer-gets-a-listing-in-Urban-Dictionary-Fetzering-is-a-term-for-talking-balls.&p=65326#post65326

Edited for clarity.

Edited by Len Colby

Did you really expect anything different? Their "rules" call for posts "...without name-calling or member abuse...". Unless, of course, you are one of the ruling elite. In that case its open season on anyone who disagrees with your point of view. They also call for "identical treatment" of members; once more, that only applies if you are not a member of the elite. I guess none of them have the 'cojones' to stand up to Drago.

Did you really expect anything different? Their "rules" call for posts "...without name-calling or member abuse...". Unless, of course, you are one of the ruling elite. In that case its open season on anyone who disagrees with your point of view. They also call for "identical treatment" of members; once more, that only applies if you are not a member of the elite. I guess none of them have the 'cojones' to stand up to Drago.

I'd rather stand up to you, Evan. I think your work here sucks.

Len Colby is an entirely different matter. Honor among hc punk rock ball busters, you see.

Edited by Cliff Varnell

Len Colby is an entirely different matter. Honor among hc punk rock ball busters, you see.

Cliff it's good that you did the honorable thing and defended Don, but you should have taken it further and condemned the Fertilizer Fourm's Fuhrer's vile words

Cliff it's good that you did the honorable thing and defended Don, but you should have taken it further and condemned the Fertilizer Fourm's Fuhrer's vile words

Condemning vile words is above my pay grade, Len.

I mean, after all...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p25SdQEnhHI

Edited by Cliff Varnell

I guess none of them have the 'cojones' to stand up to Drago.

Uh, look, this is kind of embarrassing. Its one thing to criticize a forum. Its quite another to criticize them for the wrong reason.

This is twice now that the DPF has decided to stick to their guns in a matter of majority rules. The first time, the member who did not get her way actually took down the whole forum.

This time, when the majority would not go along with him, Drago decided to resign. He has not been there for weeks.

If you want to charge them with something, make it stick.

Has anyone here ever had to resign over the matter of the special status granted to someone like Gary Mack? Or the decision to let DVP back on the forum?

If so, I am not aware of it. But that is what happened there--twice.

Gary Mack has no special status. There are many members of this forum in good standing who do not post, or rarely post. Mark Lane comes to mind.

As I recall it, DVP was booted the first time because he refused to supply the forum with an icon. He later decided having an icon was no big deal, and re-applied. There was no special treatment there, either. At least not to my knowledge. You might be confusing him with LN Brendan Slattery, who was indeed booted for abusing his fellow members.

Guest Robert Morrow

Interesting. The first time I ever posted at DPF, I came under savage personal attack from Charles Drago, one of the key moderators.

I have concluded that whenever Charles Drago is at the key board, stupid is in session. What is even worse than his foul manners is that I learn absolutely nothing from the man - no weblinks, articles to read, no discoveries from old books, no interesting analysis - just a vomiting up of bile.

I would also like to point out that I have never once apologized to Charles Drago for anything I have ever said about this hare-brained jerk. I think the lowest of him.

Dear Mr. Morrow,

I formally and publicly apologize for the rude manners in which I have addressed and described you on DPF

From this point forward, I shall take the high road thusly:

In my highly informed and Constitutionally-protected opinion, Phillip Nelson's "Mastermind" book amounts to an act of aggression in the wars for truth and justice regarding the JFK assassination. This act has been carried out on behalf of the Sponsors of the assassination -- willfullly or not, I cannot yet say, but I lean heavily toward the former.

Accordingly, I have taken an aggressive posture when confronting this disinformation.

Alas, like the little drummer boy at Isandlwana, you have been caught in the crossfire. (I choose this analogy carefully and fully mindful of its multiple layers of meaning.)

Again, in my highly informed and Constitutionally-protected opinion, you continue to evince not the slightest capability to see beyond the superficial regarding deep political analysis. I find your posts to be stunningly under-informed and absent all insight and erudition.

My considered choice of language when addressing you in the past now seems inappropriate as my colleagues and I who own and operate DPF move forward to enhance and expand our joint venture.

You have my word that if and when I respond to your posts in the future, I shall do so in language that is respectful of DPF, its owners, and its contributors and viewers.

And in the process, I shall continue to respond in the affirmative when you thank me for delivering the punishment you so richly deserve and then ask, "May I have another?"

Charles Drago

Charles Drago

Co-Founder, Deep Politics Forum

If an individual, through either his own volition or events over which he had no control, found himself taking up residence in a country undefined by flags or physical borders, he could be assured of one immediate and abiding consequence: He was on his own, and solitude and loneliness would probably be his companions unto the grave.

-- James Lee Burke, Rain Gods

You can't blame the innocent, they are always guiltless. All you can do is control them or eliminate them. Innocence is a kind of insanity.

-- Graham Greene

Edited by Robert Morrow

Condemning vile words is above my pay grade, Len.

I mean, after all...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p25SdQEnhHI

Cliff LOL it's been been a while since I watched or even thought about that clip but I don't think even Rotten or Vicious (who wasn't in the band yet) ever would have sunk so low as to call the father of an autistic child "Mr. Special Olympics". I don't even GG would sunk to that level; yet the detestable douche Drago did - and fancies himself some sort erudite intellectual. You should have called him on it.

Edited by Len Colby